Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Season Tickets (now with booze?)

Posted by Chris '03 
Season Tickets (now with booze?)
Posted by: Chris '03 (104.28.55.---)
Date: May 25, 2023 03:04PM

New ticket "memberships": [cornellbigredtickets.universitytickets.com]

Re: Season Tickets (now with booze?)
Posted by: Trotsky (12.151.182.---)
Date: May 25, 2023 04:34PM

WTF is "box" seating?

Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: May 25, 2023 04:58PM

Things have certainly changed since the days when we had over-nighters in Barton Hall, or before then, when we lined up outside Teagle at 5 am, to purchase season tickets.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: May 25, 2023 05:10PM

been this way for awhile..
The Box seating is at best 50% full much of the time. you do get people to go get your food for you.
The Premier is being used but to me its the worst seat in the building unless drinking is the real aim.

I have had season tickets for almost 40 yrs but thinking its time to be done with seasons.. kids are gone, dont need 2 any more and barely make half the games now that i am not on campus all the time. I cant get anyone to attend and most of the people I knew are long gone.

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 27, 2023 11:35AM

upprdeck
been this way for awhile..
The Box seating is at best 50% full much of the time. you do get people to go get your food for you.
The Premier is being used but to me its the worst seat in the building unless drinking is the real aim.

I have had season tickets for almost 40 yrs but thinking its time to be done with seasons.. kids are gone, dont need 2 any more and barely make half the games now that i am not on campus all the time. I cant get anyone to attend and most of the people I knew are long gone.

+1

Posted by: CAS (104.28.77.---)
Date: June 01, 2023 05:38PM

Season tickets are now on sale for everyone (not just prior season ticket holders). I believe they are a great value, as most seats in Lynah cost less than $20/game. The athletic department season ticket release mentions “a multiple of benefits” in addition to the tix, including free merchandise. Who knows about this, but I look forward to again being in Lynah. I renewed all my seats. What would tickets in the first 14 rows of an NHL rink cost?
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2023 05:53PM by CAS.

Date: June 01, 2023 07:20PM

so far the free merch has been odd sized t-shirts and some very weird winter hats over the years.

with demand down so much you can pretty much get a seat to any game you want now. Even Harvard had empty seats the last few years.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 02, 2023 05:45AM

upprdeck
with demand down so much you can pretty much get a seat to any game you want now. Even Harvard had empty seats the last few years.
This is fucking depressing.

Posted by: CAS (104.28.77.---)
Date: June 02, 2023 06:08AM

Tickets to the Harvard game are always sold out. Season ticket holders are “entitled to presale access to select games”. I take this to mean that season ticket holders can buy additional tix to the Harvard game before the public sale. But the best reason to buy season tickets is that it supports Cornell Big Red Hockey!
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2023 06:12AM by CAS.

Date: June 02, 2023 11:20AM

Harvard sold out yet. there were easily 20-50 seats in my section that had no one in them.

It used to be the whole building was sold out. Now its one game gtets pretty close to sold out but still not that hard to get a ticket if you dont wait when they are released.

Posted by: Dunc (---.mycingular.net)
Date: June 02, 2023 10:25PM

I’m assuming this season ticket sale is for townies only and not students?

Posted by: CAS (104.28.39.---)
Date: June 03, 2023 07:53PM

In 2022-3, Cornell hockey still had the highest average attendance (3,730) of any ECAC school & the second highest percentage of capacity (87.4%), behind only Quinnipiac. These numbers included games played during intercession & the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, when students were mostly away. Student attendance was outstanding when classes were in session.

Posted by: Weder (136.226.50.---)
Date: September 14, 2023 02:52PM

It looks like single-game tickets for home games go on sale at staggered times, starting with the Dartmouth-Harvard weekend at 10 a.m. Sept. 20. Note that if you want to buy at 10 a.m., you must buy a weekend package for $64. At 2 p.m. that day you can buy the games individually (Harvard for $37 and Dartmouth for $27), assuming any remain. The other home games go on sale the morning of Oct. 2, if I counted right ($17 for the exhibitions and $22 for the others).

Pre-sale access for Dartmouth & Harvard will begin at 10:00am on September 20th. This all inclusive pass will issue a single QR code that grants admission to both events. Single tickets are transferrable should you decide to split the tickets with another guest. Single tickets for each game will be released at 2:00pm (via this purchase link) on September 20th, pending availability.

Ticketing link: [vivenu.com]

Date: September 14, 2023 03:13PM

so if you went to that site you would have no idea which game is which night..

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-216-219.myvzw.com)
Date: September 14, 2023 06:17PM

Is this general public or students as well?

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-216-219.myvzw.com)
Date: September 14, 2023 06:18PM

upprdeck

Funny that we make fun of Harvard for jacking up the tickets for the Cornell game when we are doing the same thing.

Posted by: RichH (104.28.76.---)
Date: September 15, 2023 12:16AM

arugula
upprdeck

Funny that we make fun of Harvard for jacking up the tickets for the Cornell game when we are doing the same thing.

Wrong. We expect a higher single-game ticket price for their Cornell game. Most league opponents have done that for years, knowing we actually show up and will pay. It’s the fact that there is NO single-game ticket for purchase from Harvard. We have to buy a 4-game package to get that ticket. It’s *much* different.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2023 12:17AM by RichH.

Posted by: dbilmes (64.224.255.---)
Date: September 15, 2023 09:40AM

RichH
arugula
upprdeck

Wrong. We expect a higher single-game ticket price for their Cornell game. Most league opponents have done that for years, knowing we actually show up and will pay. It’s the fact that there is NO single-game ticket for purchase from Harvard. We have to buy a 4-game package to get that ticket. It’s *much* different.
There is a single-game ticket for the Cornell game. But those tickets don't go on sell until Harvard spends weeks promoting their four-game flex pass which includes the Cornell game and three other games of your choice. I just bought single-game tickets for the Cornell game earlier this week, and any remaining single-game tickets will go on sale Monday morning.

Posted by: RichH (104.28.76.---)
Date: September 15, 2023 12:54PM

dbilmes
RichH
arugula
upprdeck

There is a single-game ticket for the Cornell game. But those tickets don't go on sell until Harvard spends weeks promoting their four-game flex pass which includes the Cornell game and three other games of your choice. I just bought single-game tickets for the Cornell game earlier this week, and any remaining single-game tickets will go on sale Monday morning.

Ha! Hilarious. Good to know for those planning to go.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 16, 2023 01:45PM

Dunc
I’m assuming this season ticket sale is for townies only and not students?
If you do it online, how would Cornell know? Unless you as a student used a Cornell email address.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (216.49.132.---)
Date: September 18, 2023 08:48PM

RichH
dbilmes
RichH
arugula
upprdeck

Ha! Hilarious. Good to know for those planning to go.

As of right now, they want $40 for standing room. F' those guys.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: September 27, 2023 05:10PM

arugula
upprdeck

Don't forget the four-game "mini-packs" (for games on four separate weekends). yark

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: September 27, 2023 06:11PM

I am kinda shocked the Harvard game sold out so early. It hasnt been full in years. I wonder how many Dart, tickets got sold because people didnt want to take a chance they would be go.. Good marketing I guess.

Posted by: BearLover (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: September 27, 2023 06:22PM

upprdeck
I am kinda shocked the Harvard game sold out so early. It hasnt been full in years. I wonder how many Dart, tickets got sold because people didnt want to take a chance they would be go.. Good marketing I guess.
The Harvard game has been 100% full every year for at least the past 15 years. I’ve been to almost every one.

Date: September 27, 2023 06:59PM

I have been to every one for 30+ years. there were dozens of empty seats in section 0 every since they moved visitors to the other side of the ice. I cant remember the last game i was at that the seats in my row were full in many years. A few times when Clarkson brought the band it got full though.

I would say since they put the box seats in its been more empty than ever.

The same for season tickets.. for 20 yrs it was the same people in the seats all around.. Now I think like 3-4 people are left of the people in my area that were there for years.

I can even give me seats away any more.

Posted by: BearLover (---.sub-174-206-228.myvzw.com)
Date: September 29, 2023 02:08AM

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me, but I seriously haven’t noticed empty seats in any of the recent Harvard games (other than the year of Cornell-mandated half attendance).

Posted by: CAS (104.28.79.---)
Date: September 29, 2023 08:20AM

As I wrote before, last year Cornell hockey still had the highest average attendance of any ECAC school & the second highest percentage of capacity (behind only Quinnipiac, whose rink has 900 fewer seats). Student attendance was outstanding.

Posted by: dbilmes (64.224.255.---)
Date: September 29, 2023 11:05AM

CAS
As I wrote before, last year Cornell hockey still had the highest average attendance of any ECAC school & the second highest percentage of capacity (behind only Quinnipiac, whose rink has 900 fewer seats). Student attendance was outstanding.
The Quinnipiac attendance figures are misleading. I have been to a number of games there over the years, mainly against Cornell, which were listed as sellouts but featured hundreds of empty seats. I'm sure most of the empty seats belonged to season ticket holders who didn't show up. If there was a way to measure percentage of seats actually filled with fans, Cornell would most likely rank ahead of Q.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: September 29, 2023 11:43AM

dbilmes
CAS
The Quinnipiac attendance figures are misleading. I have been to a number of games there over the years, mainly against Cornell, which were listed as sellouts but featured hundreds of empty seats. I'm sure most of the empty seats belonged to season ticket holders who didn't show up. If there was a way to measure percentage of seats actually filled with fans, Cornell would most likely rank ahead of Q.

Surely now that everything is a barcode scan, all the teams must have this data.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login