Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

2023 Awards

Posted by Trotsky 
2023 Awards
Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 07, 2023 09:26PM

Travis Mitchell one of three finalists for ECAC Men's Scholar Athlete of the Year.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2023 09:26PM by Trotsky.

Re: 2023 Awards
Posted by: Dunc (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: March 08, 2023 12:27PM

[ecachockey.com]

Mitchell also up for Defensive Defenseman award

Posted by: chimpfood (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2023 03:57PM

Kyle Penney got first team all Ivy… didn’t see that coming.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.net.cia.gov)
Date: March 08, 2023 04:34PM

PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Sean Farrell*, F, Harvard

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
Joe Miller, F, Harvard

COACH OF THE YEAR
Ted Donato, Harvard

FIRST TEAM ALL-IVY
Kyle Penney, F, Cornell
Matt Coronato*, F, Harvard
Sean Farrell*, F, Harvard
Sam Malinski*, D, Cornell
Henry Thrun, D, Harvard
Mitch Gibson, GK, Harvard

SECOND TEAM ALL-IVY
Alex Laferriere, F, Harvard
Liam Gorman, F, Princeton
Ian Murphy, F, Princeton
Luke Krys, D, Brown
Tanner Palocsik, D, Dartmouth
Mathieu Caron, GK, Brown

HONORABLE MENTION ALL-IVY
Luke Haymes, F, Dartmouth
Joe Miller, F, Harvard
Travis Mitchell, D, Cornell
Ian Moore, D, Harvard
Pito Walton, D, Princeton
Ethan Pearson, GK, Princeton
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2023 04:35PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (38.81.106.---)
Date: March 08, 2023 04:47PM

chimpfood

If we still had collegehockeystats.net, we would know why, I'm gonna bet.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 08, 2023 04:51PM

Scersk '97
chimpfood

If we still had collegehockeystats.net, we would know why, I'm gonna bet.

I don't really feel like checking the game-by-game numbers to verify, but I assume it's because he outperformed in the 10 Ivy games this year as compared with the other 19. The Ivies' selections are based only on Ivy contests.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 08, 2023 05:16PM

Seven players from second-place Harvard and three from the Ivy champion.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 10, 2023 01:24PM

Al DeFlorio

Two of the D on that list, Krys and Palocsik, are in the transfer portal. Will be interesting to see where they wind up next season

Date: March 10, 2023 01:39PM

Iceberg
Al DeFlorio

Two of the D on that list, Krys and Palocsik, are in the transfer portal. Will be interesting to see where they wind up next season

Once the COVID classes roll through that should no longer be such a big deal, right? Just two more farcical summers?

Posted by: Weder (136.226.84.---)
Date: March 10, 2023 02:28PM

Trotsky
Iceberg
Al DeFlorio

Once the COVID classes roll through that should no longer be such a big deal, right? Just two more farcical summers?

I'd think that going forward there could be a similar level of activity in the transfer portal simply because there's no longer a requirement that men's hockey players sit out a year when transferring. I think the effects of that rule are not fully clear yet since it came into effect during the pandemic (right?).

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 10, 2023 02:47PM

Weder
Trotsky
Iceberg
Al DeFlorio

I'd think that going forward there could be a similar level of activity in the transfer portal simply because there's no longer a requirement that men's hockey players sit out a year when transferring. I think the effects of that rule are not fully clear yet since it came into effect during the pandemic (right?).
The players in question are graduating seniors who aren’t allowed a fifth year at their Ivy League school (which does not allow graduate students to play). Once the COVID fifth year of eligibility is gone, graduating seniors won’t be entering the transfer portal because their eligibility will be up.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2023 03:18PM

Weder
Trotsky
Iceberg
Al DeFlorio

Depends on how much Pecknold is willing to pony up.

Seriously, I can't imagine it not leading to some degree of poaching. Why wouldn't a below the radar player who does well as a freshman at Colgate or Union becomes a hot prospect for a transfer?

Date: March 10, 2023 03:20PM

BearLover
Weder
Trotsky
Iceberg
Al DeFlorio

The players in question are graduating seniors who aren’t allowed a fifth year at their Ivy League school (which does not allow graduate students to play). Once the COVID fifth year of eligibility is gone, graduating seniors won’t be entering the transfer portal because their eligibility will be up.

Right, but as weder points out, players don't lose anything by transferring anymore (Yay? I guess?) so there will still be "Normal" transfers, like Seger.

Date: March 10, 2023 03:27PM

marty
Weder
Trotsky
Iceberg
Al DeFlorio

Seriously, I can't imagine it not leading to some degree of poaching. Why wouldn't a below the radar player who does well as a freshman at Colgate or Union becomes a hot prospect for a transfer?

Or a hot shot who rides the pine at a contender and gets angry and goes to a bottom feeder to save his ice time.

Posted by: RichH (104.28.55.---)
Date: March 10, 2023 03:45PM

Trotsky
marty
Weder
Trotsky
Iceberg
Al DeFlorio

Or a hot shot who rides the pine at a contender and gets angry and goes to a bottom feeder to save his ice time.

An attractive landing would be a team with a past history of success and relatively large amount of media attention to get the buzz up. Like a Maine, Wisconsin, or Colorado College.

Date: March 10, 2023 03:50PM

RichH
An attractive landing would be a team with a past history of success and relatively large amount of media attention to get the buzz up. Like a Maine, Wisconsin, or Colorado College.

Ahem.

Posted by: RichH (104.28.133.---)
Date: March 10, 2023 04:03PM

Trotsky
RichH

Ahem.

No offense to the Central NY media market, but WETM from Elmira and whatever the decaying corpse of the Ithaca Journal has become aren’t going to cut it.

Date: March 10, 2023 04:32PM

RichH
Trotsky
RichH

Ahem.

No offense to the Central NY media market, but WETM from Elmira and whatever the decaying corpse of the Ithaca Journal has become aren’t going to cut it.
Maine?

Cornell is overrepresented because of all our mouth-breather media alumni. We do fine on hype.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: March 10, 2023 06:37PM

BearLover
Weder
Trotsky
Iceberg
Al DeFlorio

not true.. now a kid at an IVY can miss a yr for injury and still have a yr or 2 left in some cases and still want to transfer just like they always did.

Posted by: RichH (104.28.39.---)
Date: March 10, 2023 08:20PM

Trotsky
RichH
Trotsky
RichH

Ahem.

Maine?

Cornell is overrepresented because of all our mouth-breather media alumni. We do fine on hype.

The premiere sports team for the entire state of Maine is the University of Maine hockey team. That’s their Syracuse basketball. Their equivalent of Tennessee Football. It gets the ink.

Date: May 21, 2023 12:35AM

Sorry. Late.

2023 TBRW Awards. Entirely my fault.

These are my principles, and if you don't like them, well, I have others.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2023 10:50AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-216-208.myvzw.com)
Date: May 21, 2023 11:09AM

Curious why Farrell as most respected opponent? I’m so blinded by H that I can’t respect any of them and always think they’re overrated. I was thinking Caron.

Date: May 21, 2023 01:12PM

arugula
Curious why Farrell as most respected opponent? I’m so blinded by H that I can’t respect any of them and always think they’re overrated. I was thinking Caron.

We changed our whole approach to deal with him, Coronato, and Leferriere (and still lost).

That is respect.

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-216-208.myvzw.com)
Date: May 21, 2023 01:40PM

True.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login