Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell @ Princeton 2/26/22

Posted by billhoward 
Cornell @ Princeton 2/26/22
Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2022 08:27AM

Final game of the regular season, Saturday, 7pm. Princeton has been warning of low ticket availability but Monday night I was able to grab 2 seat-specific tickets behind the Cornell goal, not standing room, not way upstairs with the bands.

Re: Cornell @ Princeton 2/26/22
Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 26, 2022 06:30PM

Putin's pussies are still blathering on WHCU as we hit 6:30.

Date: February 26, 2022 06:35PM

Ben Tupker has apparently "learned something today," as he is out of the healthy scratch dog house and back in, for Kovich who still seems really dinged up.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2022 06:41PM

Trotsky
Ben Tupker has apparently "learned something today," as he is out of the healthy scratch dog house and back in, for Kovich who still seems really dinged up.

Was there any more word on Andreev? He wasn't in the lineup last night and it sounds like he's out tonight as well.

Date: February 26, 2022 06:45PM

andyw2100
Trotsky

Was there any more word on Andreev? He wasn't in the lineup last night and it sounds like he's out tonight as well.
Nothing other than he is not in the lineup. He's been hurting for months, I'm not shocked.

Date: February 26, 2022 06:48PM

Trotsky
andyw2100
Trotsky

Nothing other than he is not in the lineup. He's been hurting for months, I'm not shocked.

Right. But wasn't the word from Schafer that he was a healthy scratch on Saturday night because he needed to learn a special lesson or something? (I read that here...was at the game so didn't hear pre-game stuff.)

Assuming that is true, I guess he could have just aggravated the old injury during practice this week.

Date: February 26, 2022 06:51PM

andyw2100
Trotsky
andyw2100
Trotsky

Right. But wasn't the word from Schafer that he was a healthy scratch on Saturday night because he needed to learn a special lesson or something? (I read that here...was at the game so didn't hear pre-game stuff.)

Assuming that is true, I guess he could have just aggravated the old injury during practice this week.
Maybe he hasn't learned the lesson yet?

The coaching staff was clearly not pleased with the stupid penalties we had been taking, and Ben and Andreev were the two worst offenders. But I assume for this weekend if Max could have been back he would have been; he is just so valuable.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2022 06:52PM by Trotsky.

Date: February 26, 2022 07:07PM

Mack finally finds the net! 1-0.

Date: February 26, 2022 07:17PM

PU ESPN+ PBP is, ahem, minimalist.

Date: February 26, 2022 07:34PM

Trotsky

How many times are they going to refer to Ian Shane as a senior?

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-197-134.myvzw.com)
Date: February 26, 2022 07:44PM

At the game. Definitely not “sold out” unless they have limited seating. Love baker rink. So far so good. Should be 2 or 3 nill. All one way traffic. As to andreev, I think two weeks ago he got drilled and was laid out on the ice for a minute or two. Came back later but I wonder if that shot either exacerbated a prior injury or concussed him. My wife says “Kempf is a pretty skater”

Posted by: Iceberg (172.58.27.---)
Date: February 26, 2022 07:53PM

Unfortunately ESPN blocks streaming from outside the US. They really need to find some resolution to that.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2022 08:02PM

Iceberg
Unfortunately ESPN blocks streaming from outside the US. They really need to find some resolution to that.

Or you need a better VPN. Is ESPN able to block all of them?

Date: February 26, 2022 08:04PM

Iceberg
ECAC says this is an international feed.

Date: February 26, 2022 08:06PM

We are in control but we need more goals for insurance.

Posted by: RichH (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 26, 2022 08:27PM

Trotsky
Iceberg
ECAC says this is an international feed.

My year as an expat in Asia, one of the Big Red Twitter feeds always gave an international link. One of the few times I could turn my VPN off.

Date: February 26, 2022 08:30PM

Trotsky

And he’s got that weird game show announcer or bad morning zoo DJ tone to his voice.

Date: February 26, 2022 08:33PM

2-0 after 2, with Colgate losing 4-0.

Date: February 26, 2022 08:35PM

Wow, Toxic Masculinity Coffee is about the worst ad I’ve seen on the espn addition era of ECAC games.

I miss hearing about Arcy Holmes’ patellar tendon saga. I hope he’s doing ok in Watkins Glen.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-243-112.myvzw.com)
Date: February 26, 2022 08:45PM

Are we chippier, or is every other team chippier? Cause it's every single game.

Date: February 26, 2022 08:55PM

Dafatone
Are we chippier, or is every other team chippier? Cause it's every single game.

Honestly, I think we’ve engaged in fewer fisticuffs and shoving matches than past teams (until recently) and I also think fighting is just much less of a thing in recent years. Good.

Date: February 26, 2022 08:58PM

Great revenge for Motley for that crosscheck on him -- his laser gives us a 3-0 lead with 9 mins to go.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2022 09:00PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: CU2007 (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2022 09:05PM

RichH
Wow, Toxic Masculinity Coffee is about the worst ad I’ve seen on the espn addition era of ECAC games.

I miss hearing about Arcy Holmes’ patellar tendon saga. I hope he’s doing ok in Watkins Glen.

Great reference. I’m impressed he can get a ball off the rim with that build. Must have some ups

Posted by: dbilmes (38.126.101.---)
Date: February 26, 2022 09:19PM

I wonder who will be the ECAC Goalie of the Week.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (38.81.106.---)
Date: February 26, 2022 09:19PM

CU2007
RichH

Great reference. I’m impressed he can get a ball off the rim with that build. Must have some ups

What a difference in this generation!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2022 09:20PM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 26, 2022 09:32PM

ok that was nice. especially mack finally breaking through. i also didn't realize dirven was goalless on the year.

Date: February 26, 2022 10:08PM

After all that, we finish with the same RS record as 2018-19 (17-8-4).

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 26, 2022 10:08PM

Nice job by the players and coaches to turn things around the past few games.

Date: February 26, 2022 10:32PM

ugarte
ok that was nice. especially mack finally breaking through. i also didn't realize dirven was goalless on the year.

I mean that’s how we’re supposed to handle a team like Princeton. They really heavily on a talented guy like Forget. Get the lead, and chisel away, then lock it down.

Look I’m thrilled we can beat anyone in the top 5. But allowing these types to get on the board with 1-2 flukey goals before we established control is the recipe for pressing and letting them set up Pylon Hockey. That’s exactly what happened with those mid-season letdowns against the bottom of the league.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2022 10:36PM by RichH.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 27, 2022 12:09AM

We’ll, one mak of a good team is that its players know not to overlook teams they’re supposed to beat. With a very young team like ours, there’s a learning curve.

Date: February 27, 2022 12:31AM

RichH
ugarte

I mean that’s how we’re supposed to handle a team like Princeton. They really heavily on a talented guy like Forget. Get the lead, and chisel away, then lock it down.

Look I’m thrilled we can beat anyone in the top 5. But allowing these types to get on the board with 1-2 flukey goals before we established control is the recipe for pressing and letting them set up Pylon Hockey. That’s exactly what happened with those mid-season letdowns against the bottom of the league.
generous to call it "mid-season" but i agree. i just wanted to type something nice after a game for once.

Date: February 27, 2022 02:30AM

ugarte
RichH
ugarte

generous to call it "mid-season" but i agree. i just wanted to type something nice after a game for once.

Sure. The loss to Princeton was game #17 of 29 but the “we can’t do anything right” panic for me really didn’t sink in until the Brown loss.

Weird season. The fall semester I remember actually admiring the stickhandling top to bottom. You rightly pointed out the ineptitude of that very skill during the struggles the past 2 months.

Date: February 27, 2022 05:05AM

I don't think we know what we are going to get on any given night. Which is maybe not so good when you hit elimination games. But I have no complaints about this season. I didn't see any reason coming to expect even a .500 team, with all the losses to graduation and transfers and the year off.

They hit the ground running and after the 9-1-1 start it's just been playing with house money. Right now I just want them to get to Lake Placid so I can see them for the first time since 11/9/19.

Posted by: gored (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 27, 2022 09:20AM

Heard Max has a concussion.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: February 27, 2022 09:29AM

gored
Heard Max has a concussion.

and took it on a play the refs ruled no contact to the head.

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 27, 2022 09:57AM

Trotsky
I don't think we know what we are going to get on any given night. Which is maybe not so good when you hit elimination games. But I have no complaints about this season. I didn't see any reason coming to expect even a .500 team, with all the losses to graduation and transfers and the year off.

They hit the ground running and after the 9-1-1 start it's just been playing with house money. Right now I just want them to get to Lake Placid so I can see them for the first time since 11/9/19.
6-1-4 start against weak opposition (after which we were 19th in the pairwise). 7-6-5 second half against stronger opposition (after which we were 22nd in the pairwise). Not a crazy disparity between first and second half.

Date: February 27, 2022 10:17AM

the bigger problem is doing well against the Quin/clark/harv/ND/BU types and failing against the bottom types in the 2nd half.

even not finding away to lose to Colgate a couple weeks ago puts us right on the pairwise edge.

a young team with lots of injured parts and no dominant play maker to carry them

Date: February 27, 2022 12:26PM

BearLover
Trotsky

6-1-4 start against weak opposition (after which we were 19th in the pairwise). 7-6-5 second half against stronger opposition (after which we were 22nd in the pairwise). Not a crazy disparity between first and second half.
i've been plenty critical of this team, but i have to say that 6-1-4 start against weak opposition was fun but infuriating because of how clearly we were outplaying with teams that we couldn't finish off. The results said 6-1-4 but the Alaska games alone should have indicated that the season was going to be weird. In our first three games we clearly outplayed Alaska twice and Harvard and had 0-1-2 to show for it. That part of the season felt fine. Annoying, but promising. Even the cave-in against Clarkson felt like a fluke (though you and I disagreed about that game lol) but the aftermath of that game was torture. Aside from the still-incomprehensible North Dakota sweep, the results are a Superfund site until the second Clarkson game.

And somehow this weirdo squad finished the season by putting together three great games and giving themselves a bye and home ice. I will probably be processing my feelings about this team for a long time but I really do think the young players show a ton of promise.

Date: February 27, 2022 02:02PM

ugarte
but the aftermath of that game was torture. Aside from the still-incomprehensible North Dakota sweep, the results are a Superfund site until the second Clarkson game.

The first Q win was right in the middle of that streak, too.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2022 02:02PM by Trotsky.

Date: February 27, 2022 04:44PM

Trotsky
ugarte
but the aftermath of that game was torture. Aside from the still-incomprehensible North Dakota sweep, the results are a Superfund site until the second Clarkson game.

The first Q win was right in the middle of that streak, too.
tbh that "win" just made everything else more annoying!

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 27, 2022 06:03PM

For our final RS home game, Cornell has Senior Night. Princeton has Kids Club Day. (Four free tickets for the Harvard game if you're a member.) Or was there a senior night ceremony Saturday and we all left too early?

(Tigers down 2-0 to Harvard midway through the third.)

Date: February 27, 2022 06:15PM

billhoward
For our final RS home game, Cornell has Senior Night. Princeton has Kids Club Day. (Four free tickets for the Harvard game if you're a member.) Or was there a senior night ceremony Saturday and we all left too early?

Care to tell us what the heck “Princeton Jungle Night” was all about?

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-197-134.myvzw.com)
Date: February 27, 2022 06:50PM

I mentioned the concussion several posts back, but everyone was locked in to the stream issues! Sometimes it’s not the head contact but the whiplash which causes the concussion.

Date: February 27, 2022 06:51PM

coming off the ice he motioned he got hit in the head.. he played a bit more as well.. one good thing is he will have had 2-3 weeks to hopefully get ready before he plays again.

Posted by: toddlose (76.117.252.---)
Date: February 27, 2022 10:09PM

RichH
billhoward

+1
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2022 10:12PM by toddlose.

Date: February 27, 2022 10:12PM

toddlose
RichH
billhoward

What do you think it is? Are you insinuating something? Speak your mind.

I'm guessing it has something to do with tigers.

Posted by: toddlose (76.117.252.---)
Date: February 27, 2022 10:13PM

Swampy
toddlose
RichH
billhoward

+1

Date: February 27, 2022 10:42PM

Swampy
toddlose
RichH
billhoward

Your guess suggests a blissful ignorance of the most recent 276 years of the American ruling class.

(But, yeah, happily it was just tigers this time.)
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2022 10:46PM by Trotsky.

Date: February 28, 2022 01:04AM

Trotsky
Swampy
toddlose
RichH
billhoward

Your guess suggests a blissful ignorance of the most recent 276 years of the American ruling class.

Ah, thanks Trotsky. Given this seed that it’s a student fan organization I did a search and it seems to have gotten its start as “The Jardin Jungle” similar to “Newman Nation” in basketball and how all nicknamed things must be alliterative these days. Beware this website I found; It’s so old, it’s best viewed using Internet Explorer and it was made when Princeton tuition was only $40,000.

[www.princeton.edu]

And, no. I didn’t mean to insinuate anything. I was a bit curious if Princeton (of all places) was trying a “Big Red Freakout” style event, that’s all.

Date: March 01, 2022 01:13PM

RichH
Trotsky
Swampy
toddlose
RichH
billhoward

Ah, thanks Trotsky. Given this seed that it’s a student fan organization I did a search and it seems to have gotten its start as “The Jardin Jungle” similar to “Newman Nation” in basketball and how all nicknamed things must be alliterative these days. Beware this website I found; It’s so old, it’s best viewed using Internet Explorer and it was made when Princeton tuition was only $40,000.

[www.princeton.edu]

And, no. I didn’t mean to insinuate anything. I was a bit curious if Princeton (of all places) was trying a “Big Red Freakout” style event, that’s all.

Jadwin Jungle
Yet, in trying to support Princeton athletics, the club can only be as effective as the number of members which we have.

I can almost see this sentence fragment surviving a "which hunt" (Strunk & White). But can one pass 1st year English Composition at Princeton with such superfluous verbiage as the redundant "which we have"?

Posted by: osorojo (97.104.222.---)
Date: March 01, 2022 01:27PM

"Tigers?" Nah. "Jungle night" is the Princeton version of slumming it.They stand around drinking lite beer and exchanging dreadful oaths.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login