Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

2022-23 Men's Schedule

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 2022-23 Men's Schedule
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: August 03, 2022 08:50PM

BearLover
French Rage
BearLover
Last years fans were screaming for 2.5 hours and dying of thirst—not even water was permitted.

What was the total number of fatalities? You can round to the nearest hundred if the exact number if just too high to get right.
“Dying of thirst” is a common English expression and is not meant to be taken literally.

Don't you mean "dying with thirst"?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: August 03, 2022 08:57PM

DisplacedCornellian
Didn't notice January 14 @ BU on the list...that could be fun.

Cool. We haven't played them in Boston since they opened Agganis.

Posted by: Weder (---.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: August 03, 2022 10:34PM

jtwcornell91
DisplacedCornellian

So I wonder if this is the start of the long-discussed plan to play at Agganis/Lynah in non-MSG years.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2022 10:35PM by Weder.

Date: August 04, 2022 09:23AM

Weder
jtwcornell91
DisplacedCornellian

So I wonder if this is the start of the long-discussed plan to play at Agganis/Lynah in non-MSG years.

That would be awesome. The MSG game is great, but it's been 20 years since we played BU on either campus. And those last two series at Walter Brown in 2001 and Lynah in 2002 were legendary.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 04, 2022 05:32PM

jtwcornell91
Weder
jtwcornell91
DisplacedCornellian

That would be awesome. The MSG game is great, but it's been 20 years since we played BU on either campus. And those last two series at Walter Brown in 2001 and Lynah in 2002 were legendary.
That would get my old ass back to Boston.

Posted by: jts15 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: August 09, 2022 09:02AM

Saw this on the twitter. Not saying it's true or happening...

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 09, 2022 05:13PM

jts15
Saw this on the twitter. Not saying it's true or happening...

Yawn......

-Ned Harkness

Posted by: arugula (38.109.75.---)
Date: August 09, 2022 05:38PM

Curious that in the non-BU years, we can't more interesting opposition. You'd think NYC and MSG would be an incentive. It's occasionally been good-Michigan, Harvard, but also UNH, UConn, and Penn State. You'd think a BC or a Notre Dame would be interested and of course both are major draws.

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 09, 2022 05:53PM

arugula
Curious that in the non-BU years, we can't more interesting opposition. You'd think NYC and MSG would be an incentive. It's occasionally been good-Michigan, Harvard, but also UNH, UConn, and Penn State. You'd think a BC or a Notre Dame would be interested and of course both are major draws.
UNH, UConn, and Penn State are above average programs that are also strong draws (with the exception of UNH).

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-197-128.myvzw.com)
Date: August 10, 2022 06:41PM

Not sure that UConn is a draw. Penn state generally is a draw, but penn state hockey?

Posted by: Iceberg (172.58.160.---)
Date: August 10, 2022 07:19PM

arugula
Not sure that UConn is a draw. Penn state generally is a draw, but penn state hockey?

Penn State played Princeton in Philadelphia a few years ago and that arena was 95-99% Penn State people. Of course, Philadelphia has a larger concentration of PSU alums than NYC, but I don't think it'll be a problem getting them out since enough graduates do go to NYC if they don't stay in Pennsylvania

Date: August 10, 2022 08:45PM

arugula
UConn basketball, yes. UConn hockey? UConn has hockey?

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-235-214.myvzw.com)
Date: August 10, 2022 10:00PM

Trotsky
arugula

I think it's new. I could see them being like ASU where they get competitive-ish pretty quick.

Date: August 10, 2022 10:24PM

Dafatone
Trotsky
arugula

I think it's new. I could see them being like ASU where they get competitive-ish pretty quick.

UConn has been back in D1 for 20+ years and still hasn't made the NCAAs, and they just won a Hockey East postseason game for the first time this past season after joining the conference in 2014.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2022 10:27PM by Weder.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-235-214.myvzw.com)
Date: August 10, 2022 10:29PM

Weder
Dafatone
Trotsky
arugula

UConn has been back in D1 for 20+ years and still hasn't made the NCAAs, and they just won a Hockey East postseason game for the first time this past season after joining the conference in 2014.

Huh.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: August 10, 2022 11:05PM

lets see if this game really happens before we worry about it being a draw or not

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 11, 2022 07:59AM

Weder
Dafatone
Trotsky
arugula

The school is building a new (too small) on campus arena and making an effort to make hockey relevant (and fill the void left by the whalers in Hartford). They were an afterthought in Atlantic hockey in a rink that made the northford ice pavilion look spacious. The program is on the upswing for the first time. Is it a brand name on college hockey? No. Is it a brand name in New York and is there a high concentration of alumni in the area? Yes. I’d much rather see UConn in this game than another ecac opponent.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: August 11, 2022 12:37PM

Chris '03
Weder
Dafatone
Trotsky
arugula

The school is building a new (too small) on campus arena and making an effort to make hockey relevant (and fill the void left by the whalers in Hartford). They were an afterthought in Atlantic hockey in a rink that made the northford ice pavilion look spacious. The program is on the upswing for the first time. Is it a brand name on college hockey? No. Is it a brand name in New York and is there a high concentration of alumni in the area? Yes. I’d much rather see UConn in this game than another ecac opponent.

UConn is recruiting very well. They have an incoming freshman who may be a top-10 pick in next year’s NHL draft.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: August 11, 2022 01:30PM

Weder
Dafatone
Trotsky
arugula

I don't recall them ever being D-I earlier. At the time whebn the ECAC split into D-I and D-III leagues in the early 1960's, they played on an outdoor, uncovered rink.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 11, 2022 01:43PM

I thought Penn State hockey traveled pretty well to MSG.

Date: August 11, 2022 04:28PM

ursusminor
Weder
Dafatone
Trotsky
arugula

I don't recall them ever being D-I earlier. At the time whebn the ECAC split into D-I and D-III leagues in the early 1960's, they played on an outdoor, uncovered rink.

I was going by this, which lists them as an ECAC member from 1961-64. Was the ECAC a mix of teams from all divisions back then?

Date: August 11, 2022 05:13PM

Maybe I should have been clearer. I didn't really mean draw in the sense of do they have a fanbase in the NYC area. I really meant are they high profile enough to make this a big event. Notre Dame, BC, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Denver are schools which haven't been to MSG who are quite high profile, even if Wisconsin isn't good anymore.

Date: August 12, 2022 02:25PM

Weder
ursusminor
Weder
Dafatone
Trotsky
arugula

I was going by this, which lists them as an ECAC member from 1961-64. Was the ECAC a mix of teams from all divisions back then?

I don't see the link to your source, but the ECAC was a mixture of all levels back then. 1964-65 was the first year that there were separate ECAC-I and ECAC-II leagues. Although UConn was a member of the ECAC through 63-64, I doubt that they played anyone who became ECAC-I in 1964. IIRC, all of the hockey-playing New England state schools were ECAC-II until UNH became ECAC-I a couple of years later.

Date: August 12, 2022 05:04PM

1962 ECAC.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2022 05:04PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: August 12, 2022 05:27PM

ursusminor
IIRC, all of the hockey-playing New England state schools were ECAC-II until UNH became ECAC-I a couple of years later.
That's correct. UNH's first year in ECAC Div. 1 was '66-'67, my freshman year, but they were still playing a lot of Div. 2 games that year.

Date: August 12, 2022 06:40PM

This is interesting as it specifically notes UConn.

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: August 12, 2022 11:32PM

I went to the UConn media guide.

"UConn Joins Atlantic Hockey 2003-04 • Record: 12-16-7 AHA Record: 9-10-5"

"Start of Division I Era. UConn Joins Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC) 1998-99 • Record: 20-10-4 MAAC Record: 18-6-4"

-As of 1985 they were playing Ecac D2 or D3 (not clear which but we know it wasn't D1

Hpre 1985 they weren't D1 based on the list of opponents

Date: August 13, 2022 01:20AM

jkahn
ursusminor
IIRC, all of the hockey-playing New England state schools were ECAC-II until UNH became ECAC-I a couple of years later.
That's correct. UNH's first year in ECAC Div. 1 was '66-'67, my freshman year, but they were still playing a lot of Div. 2 games that year.

I don't know about Cornell, but RPI also played some ECAC-II schools back then.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 13, 2022 07:08AM

ursusminor
jkahn
ursusminor

Williams (a loss), Ohio U. and Hamilton (twice) in 1961-1962. Hamilton (twice) in 62-63. AIC, Loyola and Hamilton in 63-64. Hamilton (twice) in 64-65.

Ned finally fixed it in 65-66 with two at Denver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2022 08:06AM by Al DeFlorio.

Date: August 13, 2022 01:13PM

Al DeFlorio
ursusminor
jkahn
ursusminor

Williams (a loss), Ohio U. and Hamilton (twice) in 1961-1962. Hamilton (twice) in 62-63. AIC, Loyola and Hamilton in 63-64. Hamilton (twice) in 64-65.

Ned finally fixed it in 65-66 with two at Denver.

RPI played and only defeated D-3 Union in OT when they won the NCAA championship in 1985.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 31, 2022 11:55AM

Yes, "fill the arena [MSG]" is the game plan. That means schools with a lot of alumni living in metro NYC along with students who by Saturday have had enough of being back at home and want to get out.

So good schools to play Cornell at MSG would include Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan, BU, BC, UMass. And UConn. Preferably not an ECAC school.

UConn will get good quickly. Yeah, its hockey rink has a small seating capacity, 2,700, but the amenties are first rate (locker rooms, private area for boosters post-game or banquets for 50-100, ice level lounge and club lounge). Opening has been pushed back from this fall to mid-January 2023. Perhaps UConn will play some big hockey games at Hartford Civic Center just as UConn football plays at Rentschler Field, East Hartford, site of the NCAA lax championship.

UMass went big when it built the Mullins Center in Amherst, 8,389 capacity for hockey, more for hoops (9,493) as the Minutemen hope for another coming of Julius Erving or John Calipari (as coach).

UConn hockey arena:

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.sub-174-242-146.myvzw.com)
Date: August 31, 2022 12:58PM

billhoward
Yes, "fill the arena [MSG]" is the game plan. That means schools with a lot of alumni living in metro NYC along with students who by Saturday have had enough of being back at home and want to get out.

So good schools to play Cornell at MSG would include Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan, BU, BC, UMass. And UConn. Preferably not an ECAC school.

UConn will get good quickly. Yeah, its hockey rink has a small seating capacity, 2,700, but the amenties are first rate (locker rooms, private area for boosters post-game or banquets for 50-100, ice level lounge and club lounge). Opening has been pushed back from this fall to mid-January 2023. Perhaps UConn will play some big hockey games at Hartford Civic Center just as UConn football plays at Rentschler Field, East Hartford, site of the NCAA lax championship.

UMass went big when it built the Mullins Center in Amherst, 8,389 capacity for hockey, more for hoops (9,493) as the Minutemen hope for another coming of Julius Erving or John Calipari (as coach).

UConn hockey arena:

UCONN will likely continue to play MOST games in Hartford as it has done since it joined HEA. The new rink is a complete waste of state money because it's too small to be useful. The school should have replaced gampel pavilion with a multipurpose arena like Mullins.

Date: August 31, 2022 03:07PM

arugula
Maybe I should have been clearer. I didn't really mean draw in the sense of do they have a fanbase in the NYC area. I really meant are they high profile enough to make this a big event. Notre Dame, BC, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Denver are schools which haven't been to MSG who are quite high profile, even if Wisconsin isn't good anymore.
Sometimes it feels like the people on this forum think Cornell can just snap its fingers and get any hockey opponent or football coach it wants. Sure, Cornell would prefer to play a top 5 hockey program at MSG every year. But I’m sure there are plenty of reasons why that doesn’t happen. (Notably, I don’t think Ohio State or Denver would draw well despite being good programs.)

UConn is in Hockey East, has a lot of alumni in NYC, and doesn’t have a major football game that same day like many other other colleges. And while the program hasn’t had playoff success, they haven’t been bad, and I don’t think people on here appreciate just how much talent they have on their roster. In terms of attracting draft picks and hot recruiting commodities, they are actually ahead of Cornell. This is not to rehash the debate over whether that translates to wins, it’s merely to say that they are not a no-name pushover like some are suggesting.

Date: August 31, 2022 03:47PM

Not suggesting UCONN is a no-name pushover or that scheduling is easy. Just seems that MSG would be some sort of enticement for a school to play us. Also, purely for my own selfishness, and I suspect that of other fans, one of those teams I listed would be more interesting than UCONN. Just not a sexy game. I was at the Penn State and UNH MSG games and while those are both medium successful teams, the games were a snooze and the place had little energy. Conversely, a medium good Michigan team came to MSG and the game was fun and the atmosphere was great.

Date: August 31, 2022 04:43PM

arugula
Not suggesting UCONN is a no-name pushover or that scheduling is easy. Just seems that MSG would be some sort of enticement for a school to play us. Also, purely for my own selfishness, and I suspect that of other fans, one of those teams I listed would be more interesting than UCONN. Just not a sexy game. I was at the Penn State and UNH MSG games and while those are both medium successful teams, the games were a snooze and the place had little energy. Conversely, a medium good Michigan team came to MSG and the game was fun and the atmosphere was great.
Cornell is investing in contests against teams that could be great in the future. Also maybe getting them into MSG makes them more likely be get them interested in a home and home series down the road. Would have good to have gotten UMass to play us 4, 5 years ago. Just not in the championship year.

Date: September 03, 2022 10:15AM

or its because they couldnt find anyone willing to come play and you get what you can..

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-197-141.myvzw.com)
Date: September 03, 2022 01:58PM

Right that’s the thing I don’t get. You would think MSG would be an incentive.

Date: September 03, 2022 05:43PM

arugula
For the teams? Only the east coast ones. For the players? Play in Montreal of Toronto and they'll kill to do it.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2022 05:43PM by Trotsky.

Date: September 03, 2022 06:07PM

Trotsky
arugula
For the teams? Only the east coast ones. For the players? Play in Montreal of Toronto and they'll kill to do it.
Only 30% of NCAA hockey players are Canadian.

[collegehockeyinc.com]

Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: September 03, 2022 06:22PM

BearLover
Trotsky
arugula

[collegehockeyinc.com]

I love that the picture is of Cornell.

Date: September 03, 2022 06:50PM

BearLover
Trotsky
arugula

[collegehockeyinc.com]
But they're all hockey culture.

MSG is nice and all, but it's not the hockey Mecca NYers think it is. When I think of MSG I think of boxing, the Harlem Globetrotters, and that asswipe from Cold Spring Harbor.

Posted by: RichH (---.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: September 03, 2022 07:04PM

The Rancor
BearLover
Trotsky
arugula

[collegehockeyinc.com]

I was curious, so a couple of minutes with past rosters and schedules suggest it’s most likely March 2, 2019 right after Clarkson tied the game with under a minute left.

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: September 03, 2022 07:06PM

The Rancor
BearLover
Trotsky
arugula

[collegehockeyinc.com]

And I hate it because the picture is of clarksos celebrating a goal...

Posted by: scoop85 (---.sub-174-231-33.myvzw.com)
Date: September 03, 2022 08:21PM

Except for the fact we just got scored on

Date: September 04, 2022 05:24PM

Trotsky
BearLover
Trotsky
arugula

[collegehockeyinc.com]
But they're all hockey culture.

MSG is nice and all, but it's not the hockey Mecca NYers think it is. When I think of MSG I think of boxing, the Harlem Globetrotters, and that asswipe from Cold Spring Harbor.
Come on, man. You really think a college hockey player would rather go to Montreal or Toronto than NYC for a weekend trip with the rest of their team?

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.229.45.21.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: September 04, 2022 08:30PM

abmarks
The Rancor
BearLover
Trotsky
arugula

[collegehockeyinc.com]

And I hate it because the picture is of clarksos celebrating a goal...

That was my take, too.

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-197-136.myvzw.com)
Date: September 04, 2022 10:58PM

Trotsky
arugula

Not sure I agree that MSG is only an incentive for east coast schools. For example, Michigan, Wisconsin, and of course Notre Dame have enormous alumni bases in NY. To a lesser but not insignificant level, so does TOSU. As to eastern schools, I’d love to see BC at MSG considering that they have a big NYC presence and the Leetch-Kreider connection with NYR.

Posted by: French Rage (165.225.243.---)
Date: September 06, 2022 12:17AM

I like how we all concentrated on the photo and completely derailed the conversation. Cluck Farkson!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: ACM (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: September 18, 2022 07:25PM

From Cornell Hockey Association e-mail dated 9/18/22:

Red-White game is Friday, October 14th at 7pm … Lynah Rink

Need some hockey? Come out to Lynah Rink for the annual Red-White scrimmage. Free admission. Hear the Cornell Pep Band. Cheer on your returning and new players … Men’s and Women’s teams will rotate in scrimmage play. Stay for the shootout!

Date: September 19, 2022 06:18PM

Same weekend as home games against Lehigh football 1pm Saturday and Penn men's soccer 4 pm.

Date: September 22, 2022 10:32AM

Finally, the official announcement: Frozen Apple. Feel free to parse the bad grammar and factual inaccuracies.

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-197-136.myvzw.com)
Date: September 22, 2022 10:49AM

Yes the inaccuracies, bad grammar, and poor syntax are rather shocking.

Posted by: dbilmes (64.224.255.---)
Date: September 22, 2022 11:02AM

arugula
I don't know if Brandon Thomas still works for the Sports Information Office, but if he does, I'm sure this wasn't written by him.

Date: September 22, 2022 11:15AM

dbilmes
arugula
I don't know if Brandon Thomas still works for the Sports Information Office, but if he does, I'm sure this wasn't written by him.

He doesn't. He left at the end of last season for another job at Cornell.

Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: September 22, 2022 11:19AM

ACM
Finally, the official announcement: Frozen Apple. Feel free to parse the bad grammar and factual inaccuracies.

Well, Nash and Angello didn’t graduate, but neither did Kurt Vonnegut’44, Richard Farina’59 and my classmate Harry Chapin’64, but we still love them. And if they were alive, our alma mater would be asking them for money. I’m sure Harvard counts Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg among its alumni. Penn probably has misgivings about granting several of its former students degrees, though.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: September 22, 2022 12:28PM

George64
ACM

Well, Nash and Angello didn’t graduate, but neither did Kurt Vonnegut’44, Richard Farina’59 and my classmate Harry Chapin’64, but we still love them. And if they were alive, our alma mater would be asking them for money. I’m sure Harvard counts Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg among its alumni. Penn probably has misgivings about granting several of its former students degrees, though.

Alumni, yes - anyone who matriculated and hasn't expressly renounced their relationship is an alum. This... lovely piece of sports writing called them "recent grads."

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: September 22, 2022 03:01PM

Cornell hockey tickets are getting pricier each year. If you want to watch us play the Pecknolds at the only ECAC rink with skating cheerleaders, you can buy a ticket today for $28. If you go to the Q-Colgate game the previous night, it will only cost you $22.

Date: September 23, 2022 09:58AM

We wound up getting season tickets, actually we did as a gift from our kids. One of them a BU alum. Man, that must have hurt Greg to fork over his share.

#yieldmanagement

Date: September 23, 2022 03:50PM

They're still a bargain.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: September 23, 2022 10:37PM

ACM
dbilmes
arugula

[www.cornell.edu] ?

Posted by: Weder (104.28.76.---)
Date: September 23, 2022 11:10PM

David Harding
ACM
dbilmes
arugula

[www.cornell.edu] ?

Jesus, Cornell just exposes information about employees like that for anyone to see?

Date: September 24, 2022 04:36PM

yeah.. not alot of thought about some things on campus..

Posted by: jts15 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: September 26, 2022 01:27PM

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: September 28, 2022 02:42AM

nice crisp fresh ice.

Looks wonderful.
Meadow Lakes circle

Meanwhile in my neck of the woods the eye of Hurricane Ian is bearing down on SWFL.

For all of you mathematicians, modelers and those curious about weather, the UK-MET model had the correct track for Ian. As early as Friday it had the storm headed for SWFL while the other models kept nudging Ian West only to have to move the track back east and then to the south.

Date: September 28, 2022 06:48AM

Rita
nice crisp fresh ice.

Looks wonderful.
Meadow Lakes circle

Meanwhile in my neck of the woods the eye of Hurricane Ian is bearing down on SWFL.

For all of you mathematicians, modelers and those curious about weather, the UK-MET model had the correct track for Ian. As early as Friday it had the storm headed for SWFL while the other models kept nudging Ian West only to have to move the track back east and then to the south.

Stay safe!

Date: September 29, 2022 10:28AM

Seniors Sam Malinski and Travis Mitchell have been named this year's captains. The alternates are senior Matt Stienburg and fifth-year player Max Andreev.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2022 10:29AM by dbilmes.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 29, 2022 12:31PM

ACM
Presale on now, code PRECORNELL [click.email1.msg.com]

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: September 29, 2022 03:49PM

dbilmes
Seniors Sam Malinski and Travis Mitchell have been named this year's captains. The alternates are senior Matt Stienburg and fifth-year player Max Andreev.

Andreev !!!!!

Date: September 29, 2022 05:56PM

Glad to see he qualified for the fifth year.

And that he's, you know, alive.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2022 05:56PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Swampy (43.225.189.---)
Date: September 29, 2022 08:20PM

Trotsky
Glad to see he qualified for the fifth year.

And that he's, you know, alive.

This is MUCH better than being sent to Ukraine! scared
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2022 08:21PM by Swampy.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: October 02, 2022 02:13PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
nice crisp fresh ice.

Looks wonderful.
Meadow Lakes circle

Stay safe!

Hi All. Eden the Elf and I (and my family) are ok. i'm still waiting for power to come back on at my house, but 2/4 of my family units have power and internet. I'm just starting to see pictures of the destruction. We are fortunate - our losses are minimal. others, especially those in the cape and on the barrier islands lost so much. it is heartbreaking.

Date: October 02, 2022 02:54PM

Very glad to hear you are okay, Rita.

Date: October 02, 2022 04:18PM

Trotsky

What he said.

Date: October 04, 2022 09:47AM

CHN just published its season preview of UConn, our MSG foe this year. This is a program on the rise, and anyone who thinks it will be a cakewalk for us is mistaken. When I've mentioned that we are playing UConn to a few more casual Cornell fans, they don't seem to realize this. It's also interesting to note that UConn, like many other programs, is relying heavily on transfers, including one from Yale (Pearson). At least he didn't have far to travel, going from New Haven to Storrs. Their coach, Cavanaugh, was reportedly a candidate for the BC job, but decided to stay at UConn.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 04, 2022 03:42PM

dbilmes
CHN just published its season preview of UConn, our MSG foe this year. This is a program on the rise, and anyone who thinks it will be a cakewalk for us is mistaken. When I've mentioned that we are playing UConn to a few more casual Cornell fans, they don't seem to realize this. It's also interesting to note that UConn, like many other programs, is relying heavily on transfers, including one from Yale (Pearson). At least he didn't have far to travel, going from New Haven to Storrs. Their coach, Cavanaugh, was reportedly a candidate for the BC job, but decided to stay at UConn.
Just learned there were prolonged discussions with Northeastern's AD about the MSG game but it didn't work out.

Date: October 04, 2022 04:36PM

Al DeFlorio
Just learned there were prolonged discussions with Northeastern's AD about the MSG game but it didn't work out.
Dang it.

Date: October 04, 2022 10:20PM

Trotsky
Us, too.
How bad was it -- did you lose access to eLyah?

Date: October 04, 2022 10:25PM

Al DeFlorio
dbilmes
* UConn is a school on the rise. Like UMass was a decade ago. Play them now. Maybe they'll feel an obligation to commit to a home-and-home when they're a top-ten team and we need them for games that help our SOS.
* UConn may be able to send more fans to MSG than Northeastern.

Posted by: Weder (136.226.50.---)
Date: October 10, 2022 02:46PM

Just noticed that there's no indication on the schedule page at CornellBigRed.com that games will be broadcast on WHCU this season. Anyone know what the situation is?

Date: October 10, 2022 03:16PM

interesting.. But Lax still has it listed for 2023. could be just over site in Athletics

Date: October 11, 2022 06:31PM

With baseball over, just 3 days now to Red/White. It would be nice if they did it on video; I cannot remember them doing it before.

The camera guy could use the practice.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2022 06:32PM by Trotsky.

Date: October 11, 2022 07:57PM

Trotsky
With baseball over, just 3 days now to Red/White. It would be nice if they did it on video; I cannot remember them doing it before.

The camera guy could use the practice.

Baseball over? I think not. Although it will hopefully be the case in Atlanta, soon.

Posted by: Chris H82 (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: October 11, 2022 09:40PM

Definitely not over for Mariners fans, but today's game hurt. A lot.
But even if we dont get past Houston, my wife said it well: "We'll always have Toronto."

Date: October 14, 2022 05:28PM

The link to the radio is on the website now by the way

Posted by: Iceberg (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 23, 2022 08:06PM

A bit early, but apparently, Cornell will be in a holiday tournament in Lake Placid with UMass, Clarkson, and ASU during next year's winter break. I would assume Clarkson and Cornell would not play each other in that tournament in either semifinal, so that guarantees at least one OOC game with the other being OOC or a non-conference matchup with Clarkson. And then of course, next year, you have BU at MSG and UND or Duluth at Lynah for two. That right there is five known OOC games, which leaves openings for two more games during 23-24, likely on the road.
Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2022 08:11PM by Iceberg.

Posted by: Weder (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: November 23, 2022 09:51PM

Iceberg
A bit early, but apparently, Cornell will be in a holiday tournament in Lake Placid with UMass, Clarkson, and ASU during next year's winter break. I would assume Clarkson and Cornell would not play each other in that tournament in either semifinal, so that guarantees at least one OOC game with the other being OOC or a non-conference matchup with Clarkson. And then of course, next year, you have BU at MSG and UND or Duluth at Lynah for two. That right there is five known OOC games, which leaves openings for two more games during 23-24, likely on the road.

Are they going to play at Alaska at some point? That would give them additional games in that season. (Unless there’s some Ivy rule that doesn’t consider those to be exempt games.)

Date: November 23, 2022 10:32PM

Weder
Are they going to play at Alaska at some point? That would give them additional games in that season. (Unless there’s some Ivy rule that doesn’t consider those to be exempt games.)
IIRC when Ivies have played in Alaska in the past the games have not counted towards the 29.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 26, 2022 11:42AM

North Dakota will be playing 2 games in Ithaca in 2024-25. [www.grandforksherald.com]

Date: December 26, 2022 05:29PM

ursusminor
North Dakota will be playing 2 games in Ithaca in 2024-25. [www.grandforksherald.com]
Woohoo!!!

Thank you, Little Bear!

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 06, 2023 12:29PM

Jim,

Have the 23-24 men's and women's non-travel-partner ECAC schedules been released?

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login