Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Season Ticket Renewal

Posted by Beeeej 
Season Ticket Renewal
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: December 21, 2021 08:36AM

(Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere; I did a quick scan and haven't seen it.)

So for those few of us who were still nursing hopes of returning to Section C late this season or for a full, relatively safe 2022-23 season, those hopes were basically dashed by Cornell Athletic Ticketing's emails in November and early December: They have officially given Section C back to the students, and anybody who wishes to renew their formerly-C season tickets will be assigned as close an analog as possible on the other side of the rink. I already think this is stupid, but then I'm one of the freaks who loves Section C being bracketed by loud, standing students even if it means I can't see the corners.

But I might have been okay with this if they hadn't also made very clear to us that if we don't renew our season tickets - for the partial season - by January 4, we will lose our hold on those seats forever as well and would have no priority for choosing seats if we wanted to buy season tickets next year. And this is in the middle of a pandemic that if anything is waxing, not waning, due largely to - wait for it - indoor gatherings.

But I might even have been okay with that if I hadn't gotten another email on December 14 reminding me of the impending January 4 deadline. I reproduce it in part here:

Cornell Athletic Ticketing
We wanted to follow-up regarding your pending men’s hockey season ticket renewal. As noted below, renewals became available on December 6th and will remain available through January 4th. (Please note: our offices are closed during the University Winter Break - December 24-January 1 - so we will be unable to field any questions during this time.)
Although we love to process renewals in person as well, we would like to note that in accordance with University policy as we moved to Alert Level Red in response to COVID, visitors are not permitted to campus at this time. Alternatively, please...

Yes, this is the absurd message they chose to send to remind us of our dilemma: Renew our season tickets for the privilege of attending Cornell men's hockey games in person, or lose your seats - but you can't renew them in person because visitors aren't allowed on campus.

In fairness, literally while I was typing up this post, someone from Cornell Athletics Ticketing replied to my emailed complaint that read very much like the above sentence, and this is what she said:

Cornell Athletic Ticketing
HI Jeffrey – everything has escalated quite quickly, much to everyone’s surprise in the last 7-10 days. You’ll note that we’re no longer pursuing renewals, and all of our ticketing activities are on a pause. There are now many unknowns – spectators at athletic events being just a small fraction of those. When we have more information to communicate, we will be sure to do so.

Obviously I don't want our ability to hold onto season ticket privileges to come at the expense of anybody's health and safety. If I could choose between COVID raging out of control through the Cornell community plus we keep the rights to our season tickets for a hypothetical 2022-23 season, or everyone being healthy and safe plus we lose our season ticket rights, I would choose the latter combo every time. But I still can't help feeling slightly smug.

And I wish everyone in the Cornell community health and safety this holiday season.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: Season Ticket Renewal
Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 21, 2021 05:36PM

Beeeej
They have officially given Section C back to the students
This is great news. I loved my C seats, but it was a shame that the students were broken up, and it fucked up coordination between between AB and DE. I will look forward to sitting across the ice and watching an entire wall of students cheering in unison. After the Plague.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: December 21, 2021 10:38PM

Trotsky
Beeeej
This is great news. I loved my C seats, but it was a shame that the students were broken up, and it fucked up coordination between between AB and DE. I will look forward to sitting across the ice and watching an entire wall of students cheering in unison. After the Plague.

I wonder if they're finally taking out the plastic butt-hugger seats. Or perhaps moving them to Section M?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 22, 2021 01:09AM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky
Beeeej

I wonder if they're finally taking out the plastic butt-hugger seats. Or perhaps moving them to Section M?
I'm sure The Depends will go wherever the Olds go.

They better replace them with straight bleachers because The Keeeds are going to stand in C and they have questionable balance.

Posted by: Weder (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2021 08:24AM

Trotsky
Beeeej

Visiting team tickets have been in E for a few seasons now, right?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2021 10:56AM

Dartmouth Athletics Covid policy announcement: [dartmouthsports.com]

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.44.98.30.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: December 22, 2021 03:11PM

Al DeFlorio
Dartmouth Athletics Covid policy announcement: [dartmouthsports.com]

I figured that would be the approach.

Posted by: yougoon (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 10, 2022 08:46PM

I’m also a relocated section C season ticket holder. I haven’t paid yet and tomorrow 1/11/22 appears to be the deadline. So, am I to understand that if we don’t pay for our seats during this pandemic when students are being strongly encouraged to avoid social gathering, and now our beloved coach has COVID, I will lose my tickets that I’ve paid for faithfully for over 25 years? (not to mention the extra $60 per seat per year I’ve been paying for the privilege of sitting in those awful red seats…) I’d love to hear anything you all have found out.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: January 10, 2022 10:14PM

yougoon
I’m also a relocated section C season ticket holder. I haven’t paid yet and tomorrow 1/11/22 appears to be the deadline. So, am I to understand that if we don’t pay for our seats during this pandemic when students are being strongly encouraged to avoid social gathering, and now our beloved coach has COVID, I will lose my tickets that I’ve paid for faithfully for over 25 years? (not to mention the extra $60 per seat per year I’ve been paying for the privilege of sitting in those awful red seats…) I’d love to hear anything you all have found out.

i was told just contact them and they will work around it.. the place has been under 50% full every game so far so I dont think I would worry about losing tickets.. I thought the last email said they werent taking season tickets at all right now until the really know whats going on again?

when did they say coach had covid? I heard sick and they have had tons of flu issues within the team but did they actually say he had covid? i figured they ate a Pizza hit to help pay for the flight from Arizona.

Posted by: Weder (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 10, 2022 10:48PM

upprdeck
yougoon

i was told just contact them and they will work around it.. the place has been under 50% full every game so far so I dont think I would worry about losing tickets.. I thought the last email said they werent taking season tickets at all right now until the really know whats going on again?

when did they say coach had covid? I heard sick and they have had tons of flu issues within the team but did they actually say he had covid? i figured they ate a Pizza hit to help pay for the flight from Arizona.

Schafer confirmed in the weekend recap email that he has covid.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 11, 2022 01:53AM

Weder
upprdeck
yougoon

Schafer confirmed in the weekend recap email that he has covid.
did he fly back with the team COVID+?

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: January 11, 2022 02:40AM

did he fly back with the team COVID+?
I was thinking the same thing

Date: January 11, 2022 09:12AM

I see that now.. just got my email last night.. I would think he wouldnt be flying at all for a few days.. I guess we see how this hits the teams/coaches this week as well. they must be have been interacting somewhat,,

reading the email it looks like the bused out and back.. or had really bad plan trips..

Posted by: Weder (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 11, 2022 10:16AM

upprdeck
I see that now.. just got my email last night.. I would think he wouldnt be flying at all for a few days.. I guess we see how this hits the teams/coaches this week as well. they must be have been interacting somewhat,,

reading the email it looks like the bused out and back.. or had really bad plan trips..

I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of the team in an airport on one of the official social media channels at some point. It might have been a Story, because I don't see anything now. But in any event, the trips still could have involved long bus rides depending on which airports they used and how many connections they had. For UND, it's possible they flew in and out of Minneapolis and drove to Grand Forks.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 13, 2022 04:51PM

I received an email with new sports attendance policies a little while ago. I'll copy it below, but the big issue for hockey is that at least for the Princeton/Quinnipiac weekend non-student season tickets will be honored, but single-game tickets for non-students will not be sold. Text of email below.

--

With the return of students, faculty and staff to campus, Cornell University Athletics has announced protocols for attending varsity athletic contests through January 31, 2022.

Please read the entire message and refer to the "Know Before You Go" page for additional information.

Effective immediately:
• Spectators will be allowed at athletic contests, but all venues will be limited in capacity.
• There will be no in-person game day ticket sales. All ticket purchases must be made in advance online at BigRedTix.com.
• ALL spectator events will require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test. (more information available on Cornell's "Know Before You Go" page.)
• All faculty, staff, students and visitors – regardless of vaccination status – must comply with the university's masking policy, utilizing high quality masks, worn correctly. Evolving guidance recommends N95/KN95 as the most effective to preventing Omicron. Cloth masks on their own no longer meet Cornell standards for protection. Surgical masks are acceptable for entry.

Men's hockey resumes home games on Friday, January 21, and the following pertains to that weekend:
• All non-student season tickets will be honored
• Non-student individual game ticket sales will not occur
• A limited number of Cornell student tickets will be released for each game. Tickets will be limited by section, and seating within the section will be general admission with fans required to distance. Student tickets will be available to purchase online (BigRedTix.com) at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, January 18.
• There will be no student season tickets this semester.

All policies and protocols are subject to change, so please check Cornell's "Know Before You Go" page before leaving for an event for the most updated information.

For a full list of Cornell University COVID-19 policies, click here.

Copyright © 2022 Cornell Athletics, All rights reserved.
Receive weekly update for Big Red Athletics

Our mailing address is:
Cornell Athletics
Teagle Hall
Campus Road
Ithaca, NY 14853
--

Date: January 13, 2022 06:04PM

the big test is will they continue to try and stay safe thru the Harvard game which is the big ticket seller..

Date: January 18, 2022 11:29AM

so a this point they are enforcing the new ticket rules.. you can click a link for this weekends games but it then says none will be available.. Also a note a the top of the page that this is thru 1/31. I guess we see if that means the same rules happen for Harvard weekend.

Lots of people reaching out looking for tickets now that Quin is #1..

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 18, 2022 02:47PM

upprdeck
so a this point they are enforcing the new ticket rules.. you can click a link for this weekends games but it then says none will be available.. Also a note a the top of the page that this is thru 1/31. I guess we see if that means the same rules happen for Harvard weekend.

Lots of people reaching out looking for tickets now that Quin is #1..
Not the least bit surprised Cornell gave non-season ticket holders absolutely no warning they would be banning them from attending the two most anticipated home games of the season, while allowing season ticket holders to attend for no discernible reason. Par for the course.

Date: January 18, 2022 05:28PM

non STH were only allowed to attend because STH didnt use all the tickets.. they always had a limit in place even if they didnt announce what it was,

Now they have a clear limit, even if its still not announced.. given the STH and Student numbers its probably 50% or less.

if STH had bought all their tickets for the games, most games that would have been it but they were only buying at 50%-60% so that freed them up to the public.

Many STH are also not attending now since they didnt renew.

Date: January 20, 2022 11:04AM

I am surprised no one has been really looking for tickets for Quin or Harv with the lack of tickets out there to buy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login