Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Lake Placid

Posted by dbilmes 
Lake Placid
Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 10, 2021 09:40AM

Re: Lake Placid
Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 10, 2021 05:52PM

I'll be there this year if (1) we are and (2) the covidiots aren't.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 10, 2021 06:29PM

Trotsky
I'll be there this year if (1) we are and (2) the covidiots aren't.

1 is certainly possible. 2 seems unlikely.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: December 10, 2021 11:24PM

well if it stays where its headed now , how many unvaccinated are gonna want to get tested so they can go wear a mask in lake placid? lynah is pretty quiet so far in many sections.. I dont expect it picks up much after the break unless things get better.

Posted by: CU2007 (---.buffalo.res.rr.com)
Date: December 11, 2021 01:16AM

upprdeck
well if it stays where its headed now , how many unvaccinated are gonna want to get tested so they can go wear a mask in lake placid? lynah is pretty quiet so far in many sections.. I dont expect it picks up much after the break unless things get better.

Agreed. Attendance at Lynah will be bad for the rest of the year. It was already declining pre-pandemic with your Netflix and unlimited entertainment options. Now you have to wear a mask for 3 hours even if you’re vaccinated. And the game is available on your $200 65” inch TV for a couple bucks a month. I would bet (sadly) that the days of a packed Lynah won’t return for many years

Date: December 11, 2021 04:56AM

CU2007
Now you have to wear a mask for 3 hours even if you’re vaccinated.

Good.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 11, 2021 08:20AM

Trotsky
CU2007
Now you have to wear a mask for 3 hours even if you’re vaccinated.

Good.
Right. It's not hard to do.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 11, 2021 08:41AM

I can't find it now, but yesterday Yahoo news had an article about Covid-19 in upstate NY and how there are major areas where the vaccination rates are low and the hospitalization rates are now rising. Surprise, Surprise.

Date: December 11, 2021 12:30PM

Rita
I can't find it now, but yesterday Yahoo news had an article about Covid-19 in upstate NY and how there are major areas where the vaccination rates are low and the hospitalization rates are now rising. Surprise, Surprise.
Most of upstate is Derpistan.

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-204-134.myvzw.com)
Date: December 11, 2021 01:52PM

True dat. Sadly most of the country.

Posted by: Robb (107.115.227.---)
Date: December 11, 2021 09:00PM

Only by land area.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: December 12, 2021 12:53PM

Trotsky
Rita

Although I've seen that Rochester has a lower vax rate than Monroe County as a whole, despite being a lot bluer. Income/class/race also plays a role, e.g., for people who can't afford the potential time off to recover from a vaccination.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: The Rancor (98.51.3.---)
Date: December 12, 2021 10:26PM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky
Rita

Although I've seen that Rochester has a lower vax rate than Monroe County as a whole, despite being a lot bluer. Income/class/race also plays a role, e.g., for people who can't afford the potential time off to recover from a vaccination.

while you may have a point, I can say that as someone who works face to face with the public, most of my peers are more willing to get the vaccine than miss, you know, life, and aren't worried about a day of feeling like the flu. We all have worked with way worse than vaccine side effects.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 13, 2021 01:48PM

The Rancor
jtwcornell91
Trotsky
Rita

while you may have a point, I can say that as someone who works face to face with the public, most of my peers are more willing to get the vaccine than miss, you know, life, and aren't worried about a day of feeling like the flu. We all have worked with way worse than vaccine side effects.
as gently as i can, i will say most people who don't take the vaccine specifically because they are worried about missing work are closer to the workers who amazon didn't let leave the warehouse ahead of a tornado than they are to your peer group

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.44.98.30.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: December 13, 2021 01:56PM

ugarte
The Rancor
jtwcornell91
Trotsky
Rita

as gently as i can, i will say most people who don't take the vaccine specifically because they are worried about missing work are closer to the workers who amazon didn't let leave the warehouse ahead of a tornado than they are to your peer group

Very good point.

Date: December 13, 2021 02:15PM

how much of the working class is in a spot where the cant get the booster on fri/sat now or almost any evening? in Ny state you can get one pretty easy but maybe not some other states. still I havent talked to too many people where the side effects of the booster would have meant they couldnt go to work.. if this was 5 yrs ago and you had the side effects from the flu shot like the covid side effects most people would have just gone to work no matter how they felt.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 13, 2021 02:20PM

Lake Placid is the right place for the current ECAC, once half of the old ECAC split off to form Hockey East and made Boston Garden their home. With respect to Albany (the geographic center of the 12 teams) and Atlantic City (a 3- or 2-year play to attract gamblers with unique weekend evening entertainment), Lake Placid is the right spot and it feels right for the current ECAC and its small town / rural schools. Besides, what else is there: Bridgeport? New Haven? Springfield? If you go to Glens Falls NY you're in the Adirondacks but not really in the Adirondacks, so why not go all the way to LP?

Lake Placid over the past year ripped up its main street for new water-sewer-fiber, there are new restaurants, a couple more bars and a couple places with live music and the main rink can now be a 200x85 configuration.

Date: December 13, 2021 05:23PM

Let's not debate the working class on an Ivy League hockey site, even if it is The People's Ivy. My house can't stop that karma train.

Posted by: The Rancor (98.51.2.---)
Date: December 14, 2021 11:14AM

ugarte
The Rancor
jtwcornell91
Trotsky
Rita

I appreciate what you are saying, but truth is my peer group is the ones who come to work while sick, because we don't have paid days off, because we could get fired, because we don't have good heath insurance. We mostly all got the vax because we cant miss work, and working with the flu is a ritual. I feel for those Amazon workers. nearly 30 years in restaurants- if the building is on fire, we're serving BBQ in the parking lot. (I think that was your point, but I might be wrong, if so, sorry)

Date: December 14, 2021 12:49PM

with todays news placid might not matter.. cancelling short term sporting events around campus

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-198-64.myvzw.com)
Date: December 14, 2021 01:27PM

upprdeck
with todays news placid might not matter.. cancelling short term sporting events around campus

Whoa.

Hopefully everyone's okay. And hopefully things are better by the start of spring semester / the North Dakota trip.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.tmodns.net)
Date: December 14, 2021 01:32PM

The previous break was a little over 2 weeks ago. Not surprising that the effects are being seen now, but at least there's a much longer break about to begin which should help significantly

Posted by: nshapiro (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 14, 2021 02:06PM

Iceberg
The previous break was a little over 2 weeks ago. Not surprising that the effects are being seen now, but at least there's a much longer break about to begin which should help significantly

Help how?

Getting Cornell to replace the anime convention as the latest likely omicron vector site?

Posted by: osorojo (97.104.222.---)
Date: December 14, 2021 02:39PM

Darwin's theorem marches on. Here's our chance to improve the quality and sustainability of Cornell hockey fans. Let's not ruin this opportunity.

Posted by: abmarks (107.77.70.---)
Date: December 14, 2021 10:56PM

Iceberg

IDK.

By the time the students are scheduled to return to campus in January omicron is going to be absolutely rampant and dominant in this country.

I would not be surprised if there are serious shutdowns by that point in time all over the place

Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: December 14, 2021 11:29PM

From the New York Times . . .

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: December 15, 2021 11:06AM

abmarks
Iceberg

IDK.

By the time the students are scheduled to return to campus in January omicron is going to be absolutely rampant and dominant in this country.

I would not be surprised if there are serious shutdowns by that point in time all over the place

Given that New York State just finally got around from moving masking from a polite recommendation to an unenforced mandate, after four months of mounting cases, I'm not optimistic.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: December 15, 2021 06:08PM

jtwcornell91
abmarks
Iceberg

IDK.

Given that New York State just finally got around from moving masking from a polite recommendation to an unenforced mandate, after four months of mounting cases, I'm not optimistic.

Nobody exposed to the electorate is likely to do anything because of the Galloping Meatballism of the, ahem, common clay of the New West.

But the ECAC can make the whole thing go tits up tomorrow if they want to limit the body count. Just comes down to the expected value of the concessions function. Hey, they actually said no to hawking lives for pocket change once. That actually happened. The fuckwits almost always win, but... almost.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2021 06:09PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.44.98.30.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: December 15, 2021 06:41PM

"The common clay of the New West."

Indeed.

I assume you know the ending of the line was ad libbed by Gene Wilder. That's why Cleavon Little giggles at the end of the scene.

Date: December 15, 2021 06:54PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
"The common clay of the New West."

Indeed.

I assume you know the ending of the line was ad libbed by Gene Wilder. That's why Cleavon Little giggles at the end of the scene.
I did not know that.

Posted by: Chris H82 (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: December 15, 2021 09:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login