Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Dartmouth Game

Posted by scoop85 
Dartmouth Game
Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2021 11:57AM

Dartmouth beat Colgate 3-2 last evening, and we know we’ve had some bad results there many years. Hopefully we bring a similar effort as last night.

Will be interesting to see who’s in net tonight. I’m thinking MacDonald.

Re: Dartmouth Game
Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-198-66.myvzw.com)
Date: November 06, 2021 11:58AM

scoop85
Dartmouth beat Colgate 3-2 last evening, and we know we’ve had some bad results there many years. Hopefully we bring a similar effort as last night.

Will be interesting to see who’s in net tonight. I’m thinking MacDonald.

Same. I thought Howe played very well last night, but the two are close enough that it's worth giving them both opportunities.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.tmodns.net)
Date: November 06, 2021 02:30PM

It won't be same feeling without seeing Gaudet inevitably blowing a gasket.

Date: November 06, 2021 08:10PM

With Dartmouth tying it off their 3rd straight PP despite our controlling play—and having our 2nd goal called off— I’m getting my annual Thompson Arena willies.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2021 08:11PM by scoop85.

Date: November 06, 2021 08:19PM

Howe seems to be better at controlling rebounds, but McDonald is playing well.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 06, 2021 08:36PM

losing my mind at all of the slow, wonky passing all over the ice. we can't get shots off because we keep passes right into the skates of anyone with a good look. (until Berard at the end of the second, which was nice.)

McDonald has made some very good saves.

Date: November 06, 2021 08:53PM

ugarte
losing my mind at all of the slow, wonky passing all over the ice. we can't get shots off because we keep passes right into the skates of anyone with a good look. (until Berard at the end of the second, which was nice.)

Reminiscent of Cornell teams circa 2006-2018 (give or take)

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-197-201.myvzw.com)
Date: November 06, 2021 09:07PM

McDonald is playing fairly well but he’s got the much easier assignment as opposed to last night.

Date: November 06, 2021 09:16PM

Sometime you just need to be selfish. Unbelievable.

Date: November 06, 2021 09:17PM

Maybe McDonald not so much.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 06, 2021 09:17PM

I was just about to say that Howe should get both starts next weekend. Maybe even more than that.

This third period, though. Lol

Date: November 06, 2021 09:18PM

arugula
Maybe McDonald not so much.

This is on me for complementing him midgame.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 06, 2021 09:20PM

Ben Berard is a very good sniper. Empty net decisions aside

Date: November 06, 2021 09:21PM

No my fault for adjusting the couch cushions. Maybe we found our sniper.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 06, 2021 09:23PM

man i was thisclose to putting on a diaper and driving to hanover with bad intentions. great shot to finish the game.

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2021 09:23PM

Omg … shades of Randy Wilson! But redemption!

Date: November 06, 2021 09:29PM

arugula
No my fault for adjusting the couch cushions. Maybe we found our sniper.

Berard is every bit a sniper, and likely the only real sniper on this year’s squad.

Date: November 06, 2021 09:51PM

I thought they didn't play as well as last night all things considered. No question about which team is better but Dartmouth improved their pressure as the game went on and really made things hard at their own blue line. Errant passes and fanned shots were more glaring this game, even not factoring in the opposing forecheck.

The overturned no-goal last night I could understand the logic of the puck going into the net regardless of the fact that the goal was off the ice. But tonight? It's anyone's guess what the officials were looking at when deciding to call back what seemed to be a legitimate goal. If anything, the Dartmouth player seemed to push the one Cornell forward into Stevenson before Berard got the puck. Unless they're saying he could've got out of the way. The broadcast only showed it once and not for very long.

The rest of the month is mostly at home and against teams that have been either bad or underperforming (with the exception of RPI), so it'll be interesting to see how the team plays. The goaltending platoon is likely over, too.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2021 09:52PM by Iceberg.

Posted by: underskill (204.194.190.---)
Date: November 06, 2021 09:55PM

All things being equal in a rebuilding year you may as well let the freshman goalie play as much as possible if you think he’s a 4 year starter

Date: November 06, 2021 10:00PM

underskill
All things being equal in a rebuilding year you may as well let the freshman goalie play as much as possible if you think he’s a 4 year starter

Yes. That’s Schafer’s way recently with Galadja, Iles, Gillam iirc.

Date: November 06, 2021 10:06PM

underskill

Howe may be that, or he may be a placeholder for Koepple who is playing pretty well in the USHL and will arrive in Ithaca next fall.

Posted by: Chris H82 (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: November 07, 2021 12:22AM

Side note - did anyone else notice just how ugly Dartmouth's uniforms were? It seems we were playing against a bunch of guys in convict gear. Almost as ugly as the old Seattle Metropolitans jerseys from 100+ years ago (I'm sure the Kraken will wear something like that for a throwback night....)

Posted by: Rita (---.ftmy.qwest.net)
Date: November 07, 2021 12:29AM

Chris H82
Side note - did anyone else notice just how ugly Dartmouth's uniforms were? It seems we were playing against a bunch of guys in convict gear. Almost as ugly as the old Seattle Metropolitans jerseys from 100+ years ago (I'm sure the Kraken will wear something like that for a throwback night....)

my brother is a die-hard fan of Celtic FC of the Scottish Premiership and Dartmouth's jerseys are not as nice as Celtic's Kit.

Apparently following sports teams off the beaten path runs in the family :).

Date: November 07, 2021 12:40AM

Chris H82

Honestly, I kinda loved them.

Date: November 07, 2021 01:10AM

Dafatone
Chris H82

I’m on Team Hideous

Posted by: marty (212.103.48.---)
Date: November 07, 2021 04:30AM

scoop85
Dafatone
Chris H82

I’m on Team Hideous

I vote for prison garb. They look like they were designed in Engineering 101.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: November 07, 2021 07:39AM

when you are out shooting teams by 15-20 and out chancing them hopefully you start out scoring them.. Thats at least a place to start.

Gave up a PP and break away and an extra attacker goal. much like Harvard a break away and PP goal.

Young team making mistakes, but not getting out worked and thats good to see..

Lets see if coming back home they can do some damage and even in losing a game they played better week 2, lets see if week 3 continues the trend.

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-197-135.myvzw.com)
Date: November 07, 2021 08:46AM

+1. The Seattle Metropolitan sweaters are fabulous.

Posted by: nmcorm83 (---.maine.rr.com)
Date: November 07, 2021 09:12AM

upprdeck
when you are out shooting teams by 15-20 and out chancing them hopefully you start out scoring them.. Thats at least a place to start.

Gave up a PP and break away and an extra attacker goal. much like Harvard a break away and PP goal.

Young team making mistakes, but not getting out worked and thats good to see..

Lets see if coming back home they can do some damage and even in losing a game they played better week 2, lets see if week 3 continues the trend.

I completely agree. In both games this weekend, they were the better team for long stretches.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (38.81.106.---)
Date: November 07, 2021 10:36AM

Schafer on CHN
"I'm just happy we figured out a way," Schafer said. "It was a tough loss last night (at Harvard). To come back here tonight and get the job done was really good."

Who is this Mike Schafer, and what have they done with him? bugeye

I'm sure he'll find more than a few teachable moments to address in practices this week, but a hard-nosed Schafer that can pivot to having a light touch with a young team and just enjoying the absurdity of it all is the best Schafer.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: November 07, 2021 10:39AM

Union/RPi/Brown/Yale

if the stats mean anything 3-1 is the worst we want come out of this and with solid play 4-0..

If we are 2-2 then we still have a long way in league to go.

going 1-1, blowing the harvard lead, blowing 3 leads vs Dart. Thats gonna make them better this week than going 2-0 with so many mistakes would have.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 07, 2021 12:52PM

Chris H82
I couldn't agree møre. I thought there uniforms ugly, too.

Date: November 07, 2021 01:09PM

I'm not a fan of those alternate Dartmouth jerseys and much prefer their regular home whites, which are the best in the conference IMO. They did wear those alternates back in the last meeting at Thompson Arena IIRC.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 07, 2021 07:17PM

Chris H82
Ugly? 2016-17 was when Dartmouth looked like the New Hampshire prison system rehabbed inmates through hockey but had to wear these for road games.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 07, 2021 09:32PM

I am fine* with these stripes because they have a connection with history -- stripes were common in the early days of college hockey (rugby transplant maybe)?

* Occasionally. And never in the pros where thirds are just another way to milk the suckers.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2021 09:32PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 08, 2021 06:06AM

Trotsky
I am fine* with these stripes because they have a connection with history -- stripes were common in the early days of college hockey (rugby transplant maybe)?

* Occasionally. And never in the pros where thirds are just another way to milk the suckers.

This may be why I hate center stripes on hockey helmets so much (PSU, OSU, etc) since their only connection is to football.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 08, 2021 06:11AM

Rita
Chris H82

my brother is a die-hard fan of Celtic FC of the Scottish Premiership and Dartmouth's jerseys are not as nice as Celtic's Kit.

Apparently following sports teams off the beaten path runs in the family :).

I remember watching a soccer match where one of the teams wore jerseys with black and white vertical stripes and a friend of mine pointed out they all looked like referees.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 08, 2021 09:14AM

marty
scoop85
Dafatone
Chris H82

I’m on Team Hideous

Princeton's orange on orange football unis?

Date: November 08, 2021 09:41AM

TimV
marty
scoop85
Dafatone
Chris H82

I’m on Team Hideous

Princeton's orange on orange football unis?

Wouldn't be nearly so bad if they didn't get the orange color wrong.

Date: November 08, 2021 10:09AM

Side note in which I avoid bagging on Dartmouth's awful prison garb:

I am grateful to whomever got it right that in our return to the ice no mistakes, as far as I can tell, were made with our uniforms. The arm stripes seem to be in the right place, i.e., below the elbow; the colors are good; and the numbers are properly sized. High marks, but it should never be difficult in the first place.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 08, 2021 10:57PM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky

This may be why I hate center stripes on hockey helmets so much (PSU, OSU, etc) since their only connection is to football.
I'm not following. Many, many schools have a single center stripe and they are fine. The helmet is the only thing about Pedo State that isn't offensive.

What is horrific is multiple vertical stripes like the abortion that Ann Arbor Community College wears.

And then there's this turd:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2021 10:58PM by Trotsky.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login