Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Spring Season Ticket Deposit?

Posted by Dunc 
Spring Season Ticket Deposit?
Posted by: Dunc (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: October 24, 2021 07:12PM

I saw in the most recent big red sports email that they are accepting deposits for spring season tickets now - What does "deposit" mean in this case? Like will the tickets cost even more in addition to the deposit, or is the deposit just the total cost of the season tickets?

Re: Spring Season Ticket Deposit?
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: October 26, 2021 11:21PM

Dunc
I saw in the most recent big red sports email that they are accepting deposits for spring season tickets now - What does "deposit" mean in this case? Like will the tickets cost even more in addition to the deposit, or is the deposit just the total cost of the season tickets?

I know this is a crazy thought, but the Ticket Office will probably have an answer for that question at the ready.

That said, when was the last time you were charged a deposit for ordering something in advance where the deposit wasn't also counted toward your payment for that something?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: nshapiro (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 27, 2021 08:09AM

Beeeej
Dunc

I know this is a crazy thought, but the Ticket Office will probably have an answer for that question at the ready.

That said, when was the last time you were charged a deposit for ordering something in advance where the deposit wasn't also counted toward your payment for that something?

I think the question was if the 'deposit' was actually just an advanced payment in full...which reminds me of what South Carolina did when I was caught speeding in 1984. The trooper explained that I was under arrest, but I could post bail (Cash!) in the amount equal to the cost of the ticket. If I failed to appear for my court date, then the bail money would be applied to the ticket and a guilty plea would be entered on my behalf. This all happened on the side of I-95, and if he wasn't giving me some very official looking state receipts and explanation forms, I would have thought he was going to pocket the money.

Posted by: CU2007 (---.buffalo.res.rr.com)
Date: October 27, 2021 10:54AM

nshapiro
Beeeej
Dunc

I think the question was if the 'deposit' was actually just an advanced payment in full...which reminds me of what South Carolina did when I was caught speeding in 1984. The trooper explained that I was under arrest, but I could post bail (Cash!) in the amount equal to the cost of the ticket. If I failed to appear for my court date, then the bail money would be applied to the ticket and a guilty plea would be entered on my behalf. This all happened on the side of I-95, and if he wasn't giving me some very official looking state receipts and explanation forms, I would have thought he was going to pocket the money.

Arrested?! Don’t arrests follow you around on things like job background checks for the rest of your life?

Posted by: nshapiro (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 27, 2021 12:39PM

CU2007
nshapiro
Beeeej
Dunc

Arrested?! Don’t arrests follow you around on things like job background checks for the rest of your life?

I think there might be an exception for traffic violations because I have never had a problem.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: October 27, 2021 06:07PM

nshapiro
Beeeej
Dunc

I think the question was if the 'deposit' was actually just an advanced payment in full...

Now that I read it again, I see that's entirely possible. Sometimes Snark Mode just gets stuck in the On position.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: October 27, 2021 10:18PM

what spring sports do people buy season tickets for? Lax?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login