Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Alumni in the Pros 2021-2022

Posted by billhoward 
Page: Previous12 3 
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Alumni in the Pros 2021-2022
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 10, 2022 07:18AM

Al DeFlorio
Weder
Trotsky
billhoward
We could have used that bar circa 2000 when you needed to find a bar for a college hockey or tournament viewing event and only they had access to some oddball satellite network. So much better now with streaming and currently with streaming that has decent video quality, no dropouts and the camera guy actually tracks the puck.
People still whine, though.

You're in a chair in the sky.

ESPN+ going up to $9.99/month or $99.99 a year in August, a 43% increase.
[variety.com]
Strange. Just got an email rom Google Play saying I'd be charged $69.99 on September 9 to renew.
Opened the ESPN app to watch the U21 lacrosse game and it confirmed $99.99.moon

Posted by: RichH (216.161.41.---)
Date: August 10, 2022 02:05PM

Al DeFlorio
Al DeFlorio
Weder
Trotsky
billhoward
We could have used that bar circa 2000 when you needed to find a bar for a college hockey or tournament viewing event and only they had access to some oddball satellite network. So much better now with streaming and currently with streaming that has decent video quality, no dropouts and the camera guy actually tracks the puck.

[variety.com]
Strange. Just got an email rom Google Play saying I'd be charged $69.99 on September 9 to renew.

Getting a new email is easy, if you're willing to make that one change. You could subscribe to a new account at the old price for one more year and let the old account's subscription expire.

I just signed up for a year for the first time. I also used a credit card "offer" that gave me 20% off any charge to ESPN+, so I wound up paying $56 for 12 months. Hockey and lax seasons are worth that alone. They should give me another discount if I agree to watch CU football.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: August 10, 2022 03:20PM

RichH
Al DeFlorio
Al DeFlorio
Weder
Trotsky
billhoward

[variety.com]

Getting a new email is easy, if you're willing to make that one change. You could subscribe to a new account at the old price for one more year and let the old account's subscription expire.

I just signed up for a year for the first time. I also used a credit card "offer" that gave me 20% off any charge to ESPN+, so I wound up paying $56 for 12 months. Hockey and lax seasons are worth that alone. They should give me another discount if I agree to watch CU football.

I don't know if this deal is still available, but we signed up for a package of ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu (with ads) bundled together at $13.99/month about a year ago, which at the time was less than the total of any two of those individually, and that's still what we're getting charged. Of course if all you want is ESPN+ that's still more than $99.99/year, but we use the others all the time - many of the best feel-good sports movies ever are on Disney+.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Weder (136.226.50.---)
Date: August 10, 2022 04:33PM

Beeeej
RichH
Al DeFlorio
Al DeFlorio
Weder
Trotsky
billhoward

[variety.com]

I don't know if this deal is still available, but we signed up for a package of ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu (with ads) bundled together at $13.99/month about a year ago, which at the time was less than the total of any two of those individually, and that's still what we're getting charged. Of course if all you want is ESPN+ that's still more than $99.99/year, but we use the others all the time - many of the best feel-good sports movies ever are on Disney+.

They just announced that the ESPN+/Disney+/Hulu (with ads) bundle is going up to $14.99/month in December. Will be $12.99/month if you're willing to watch ads on Disney+

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: August 10, 2022 11:09PM

cant really get worked up about ads.. its the way it all will be soon.. And the espn+ cost is still cheaper than it ever was on the other platform for vastly more content.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 11, 2022 06:44AM

upprdeck
cant really get worked up about ads.. its the way it all will be soon.. And the espn+ cost is still cheaper than it ever was on the other platform for vastly more content.
Seems to me what rankles is the size of the increase, not so much the resulting cost. Not to mention what the suit that runs Disney is paid ($32.5 million).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2022 06:47AM by Al DeFlorio.

Posted by: RichH (104.28.76.---)
Date: August 10, 2023 01:20AM

Weder
Beeeej
RichH
Al DeFlorio
Al DeFlorio
Weder
Trotsky
billhoward

[variety.com]

They just announced that the ESPN+/Disney+/Hulu (with ads) bundle is going up to $14.99/month in December. Will be $12.99/month if you're willing to watch ads on Disney+

2023: More price hikes since the corporate lines on the graphs aren't going up fast enough. There are lots of confusing bundles, but for the crowd here, ESPN+ is going up from $10/mo to $11/mo. or $110/yr. Hulu and Disney get jacked up more, but only if you hate constant ads being stuffed down your gullet. The good news is that the increases don't hit until Oct. 12, so there's time to make decisions.

I still don't understand how these services allegedly lose a half a billion, but I don't work at a business factory. To me, the crying of poverty from the muthaf-ing Mouse smells a lot like MLB owners weeping about how impoverished they are during collective bargaining times.

Disney, of the if-you-can't-beat-em-buy-literally-everything model.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: August 11, 2023 03:58PM

RichH
Weder
Beeeej
RichH
Al DeFlorio
Al DeFlorio
Weder
Trotsky
billhoward

[variety.com]

2023: More price hikes since the corporate lines on the graphs aren't going up fast enough. There are lots of confusing bundles, but for the crowd here, ESPN+ is going up from $10/mo to $11/mo. or $110/yr. Hulu and Disney get jacked up more, but only if you hate constant ads being stuffed down your gullet. The good news is that the increases don't hit until Oct. 12, so there's time to make decisions.

I still don't understand how these services allegedly lose a half a billion, but I don't work at a business factory. To me, the crying of poverty from the muthaf-ing Mouse smells a lot like MLB owners weeping about how impoverished they are during collective bargaining times.

Ugh, now I have to check my bundle. It was a good deal to get Disney (for the kids plus the odd Star Wars TV show) and ESPN and then occasionally watch something on Hulu.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: August 11, 2023 08:52PM

jtwcornell91
RichH
Weder
Beeeej
RichH
Al DeFlorio
Al DeFlorio
Weder
Trotsky
billhoward

[variety.com]

Ugh, now I have to check my bundle. It was a good deal to get Disney (for the kids plus the odd Star Wars TV show) and ESPN and then occasionally watch something on Hulu.

I have 7 phones on my Verizon Wireless account. One of the users asked for a hotspot (over 18 months ago). For $10 or so she got her hotspot and we also had included ESPN+, Hulu and Disney+ with the hotspot. I've been wondering if it's about to increase.

I also have no idea if this bundle is still available. I just checked the account and see her line is only $9.97 more than the others.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2023 08:55PM by marty.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 15, 2023 07:39AM

As noted in r/LynahFaithful, Zach to Q.

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 15, 2023 11:44AM

This year’s team would have (at least) Malone and Tupker on it if Cornell was permitted grad students. Probably the difference between being nationally competitive and being an up and coming young team that would finish in the 20s in the Pairwise.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: August 15, 2023 12:25PM

a place that makes bank on its grad students but doesnt let its own grad students play.

Posted by: Trotsky (12.151.182.---)
Date: August 15, 2023 03:50PM

upprdeck
a place that makes bank on its grad students but doesnt let its own grad students play.

The guide to education beyond your BA:

"If they're not paying you, they're just using you."

Page: Previous12 3 
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login