Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Alumni in the Pros 2021-2022

Posted by billhoward 
Page: Previous1 2 3Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Alumni in the Pros 2021-2022
Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 11, 2022 10:01PM

Swampy
scoop85
Barron with a goal and primary assist tonight. Winnipeg leads MTL 2-1 late in the second. 1st multipoint game of his NHL career.

Great that he's getting ice time in the big show.

Named one of the 3 stars of the game.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: April 11, 2022 10:27PM

scoop85
Swampy
scoop85
Barron with a goal and primary assist tonight. Winnipeg leads MTL 2-1 late in the second. 1st multipoint game of his NHL career.

Hummm. If he keeps it up, the Rangers may be looking for a new GM before long.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 11, 2022 10:47PM

Swampy
scoop85
Swampy
scoop85

Hummm. If he keeps it up, the Rangers may be looking for a new GM before long.

Truth be told, Copp has been really good for the Rangers since the trade.

Posted by: blackwidow (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: April 11, 2022 10:54PM

?t=fKG5fuJcLNEOo881F5neeg&s=19

Didnt know where else to post it

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 12, 2022 12:23AM

Why are we not letting these guys play the extra year again? I mean, are we even pretending there is a legitimate reason rather that just a discriminator to keep an obsolete class brand alive?

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 12, 2022 12:49AM

scoop85
Swampy
scoop85

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.44.98.30.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: April 12, 2022 08:02AM

ugarte
scoop85
Swampy
scoop85

That was a great pass to him!

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: April 12, 2022 02:41PM

blackwidow

Apparently off to a program without a coach?
?s=21&t=x6m0xhnWwhejZB05JMMZLg

Posted by: RichH (104.28.56.---)
Date: April 12, 2022 03:30PM

Chris '03
blackwidow

Imagine knowing the last act of a coach before they were fired was to sign you.

Posted by: cbuckser (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 12, 2022 03:43PM

RichH
I hope that, during his four years at Cornell, Nate learned that correlation does not equal causation.

Posted by: RichH (---.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: April 12, 2022 04:01PM

cbuckser
RichH
I hope that, during his four years at Cornell, Nate learned that correlation does not equal causation.

Well, of course, and that effectively disarms my joke.

But seriously, it’s easy to think of a scenario where there was a toss-up between programs and this coaching staff was the deciding factor. Then, the very next day…poof.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.net.cia.gov)
Date: April 12, 2022 04:05PM

If you enter the portal is that it for your current team? You don't gotta go home but you can't stay here? (I know McDonald can't come back for other reasons.)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2022 04:06PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 12, 2022 04:47PM

Trotsky
If you enter the portal is that it for your current team? You don't gotta go home but you can't stay here? (I know McDonald can't come back for other reasons.)

I was wondering about RPI's Zach Dubinsky in that regard. He also transferred to Michigan State. Interestingly, the 4 transfers to MSU all came from the ECAC.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: April 12, 2022 04:53PM

Trotsky

I'd like to know when the 5 year NCAA eligibility ends. Was everyone who was an active freshman (or older) player during 2019-20 given an extra year of eligibility?

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: April 12, 2022 04:59PM

ursusminor
Trotsky

I was wondering about RPI's Zach Dubinsky in that regard. He also transferred to Michigan State. Interestingly, the 4 transfers to MSU all came from the ECAC.

I'm surprised and sad that there was a much successful poaching from RPI. Smith seems to have the program moving up and yet these guys are bailing.

Maybe they were worried about losing matriarchal protection with Shirley hitting the road.
;-)

I wonder whether all the transfer crap will make it easier or harder to build a program.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: April 12, 2022 05:48PM

everyone got a 5th yr from the NCAA just not from the Ivy League..

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: April 12, 2022 08:29PM

marty
ursusminor
Trotsky

I'm surprised and sad that there was a much successful poaching from RPI. Smith seems to have the program moving up and yet these guys are bailing.

Maybe they were worried about losing matriarchal protection with Shirley hitting the road.
;-)

I wonder whether all the transfer crap will make it easier or harder to build a program.
In some sports places with big enough SIL offers will certainly have an advantage in the free agent market opened by the portal.

Posted by: dag14 (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: April 14, 2022 01:53PM

Yesterday the Colorado Eagles assigned Kyle Betts to the Utah Grizzlies, their ECHL affiliate.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 14, 2022 03:05PM

Trotsky
If you enter the portal is that it for your current team?
No. It only opens the possibility. I guess it could be different for other sports but a Cornell wrestler entered the portal then stayed when the Ivies authorized a grad year. I think the portal authorizes other coaches to speak to you if you initiate contact, or, if you allow it, for other coaches to reach out to you first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2022 03:07PM by ugarte.

Date: April 14, 2022 04:34PM

ncaa just voted down a request from the Ivies to give everyone the extra yr they lost. I dont think the grad think is more than just the 1 yr exception though.

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 14, 2022 04:51PM

upprdeck
ncaa just voted down a request from the Ivies to give everyone the extra yr they lost. I dont think the grad think is more than just the 1 yr exception though.
What does this mean in practice?

Date: April 14, 2022 10:32PM

they only gave the yr to teams that played the 21 season.. since the ivies sat out none of those kids get that year back now unless they were a 5th yr grad and went and played somewhere else i guess.

Date: April 14, 2022 11:05PM

upprdeck
they only gave the yr to teams that played the 21 season.. since the ivies sat out none of those kids get that year back now unless they were a 5th yr grad and went and played somewhere else i guess.

Ivies: "We don't have to endanger our players' lives."

NC$$: "Well I do. So fuck them and fuck you too."

Posted by: cbuckser (165.225.34.---)
Date: April 15, 2022 02:04AM

Trotsky
upprdeck

To be fair, the purpose of the NCAA not counting 2020-21 as a year of eligibility was designed to encourage schools to compete during that year despite the uncertainty of whether teams could play anything close to a regular schedule. Without the exception, programs might have been reluctant to risk wasting a year of student-athletes' eligibility on what could have become an aborted season.

In the short term it worked. Most institutions participated in athletics during the 2020-21 season, and the decision to compete didn't cause a public-health disaster.

However, for the next few years we will feel the ripple effects of the exemption.

Date: April 15, 2022 06:30AM

upprdeck
But my question is—what does this mean in practice? At other schools, the kids are all getting five years of eligibility. Does this mean the kids who enrolled at the Ivies during 2020-21 don’t get that extra fifth year? Or they don’t even get four years?

Date: April 15, 2022 06:32AM

Trotsky
upprdeck

The players’ lives were certainly not endangered by having to play in 2020-21. To the extent anyone’s life was endangered, that player could have taken a leave of absence.

Posted by: nshapiro (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 15, 2022 07:00AM

Trotsky
upprdeck

Exactly!
When Duke cancelled their lax season because of the rape scandal, the NCAA gave those kids an extra year of eligibility, even though they had already played half of a season.
I think there is an element in the NCAAs that particularly enjoys saying "Fuck You Ivies"

Posted by: Weder (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: April 15, 2022 07:24AM

BearLover
upprdeck
But my question is—what does this mean in practice? At other schools, the kids are all getting five years of eligibility. Does this mean the kids who enrolled at the Ivies during 2020-21 don’t get that extra fifth year? Or they don’t even get four years?

It's the fifth year they're not getting. So for example, Carlie Littlefield played 3 seasons at Princeton, didn't compete in 2020-21, then played at North Carolina this past season for 4 seasons of actual competition, but the NCAA is counting 2021-22 as her fifth year of eligibility.
[chapelboro.com]

Date: April 16, 2022 07:59AM

Weder
BearLover
upprdeck

It's the fifth year they're not getting. So for example, Carlie Littlefield played 3 seasons at Princeton, didn't compete in 2020-21, then played at North Carolina this past season for 4 seasons of actual competition, but the NCAA is counting 2021-22 as her fifth year of eligibility.
[chapelboro.com]
Thanks. So this vote does not actually hurt the Ivy League schools, which don’t permit fifth year players (grad students) anyway. It does hurt Ivy players who would like to play a fifth year at another school.

Date: April 16, 2022 09:16AM

you still get 5 yrs.. you just dont get 5 yrs as a grad at the ivies. anyone who missed the yr at an ivy still can play that 5th yr somewhere else.. what it does mean is that an ivy kid doesnt get that yr as a do over yr. its 5 to play 4 unless you played yr that then its 5 to play 5.

So the reality is the ivy kids didnt really lose anything in that way, they just didnt gain the extra yr like some did and they cant easily use it at their own school.

Date: April 16, 2022 06:26PM

upprdeck
you still get 5 yrs.. you just dont get 5 yrs as a grad at the ivies. anyone who missed the yr at an ivy still can play that 5th yr somewhere else.. what it does mean is that an ivy kid doesnt get that yr as a do over yr. its 5 to play 4 unless you played yr that then its 5 to play 5.

So the reality is the ivy kids didnt really lose anything in that way, they just didnt gain the extra yr like some did and they cant easily use it at their own school.
My understanding from Weder’s example/explanation is that essentially 2020-21 did not count towards the four years of eligibility, whether you are an Ivy or non-Ivy player. So, everyone, even the Ivy players, gets four years of eligibility excluding 2020-21. The difference is that the Ivy players did not get to play in 2020-21 on top of their other four years of eligibility, while basically everyone else did (which in effect gives the non-Ivy players five years of eligibility).

The grad transfer issue is separate. The Ivies do not allow graduate students to play, period. There was a one-time exemption to this rule, for 2021-22. That exemption has not been and will not be extended. But the NCAA vote at issue does not have anything to do with grad transfers. (Unless I’m misunderstanding something.)

The NCAA vote also means that our class of 2021 has no eligibility remaining. This is the case whether they played a fourth year at Cornell (Betts, Haiskanen, Locke), or elsewhere (Donaldson, Galajda). Regush and Leahy have one year of eligibility remaining (so does Andreev).
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2022 06:39PM by BearLover.

Adam Mitchell (Colgate '05) retires
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: May 05, 2022 09:58AM

We don't have an "opponents' alumni in the pros" section, but I thought I'd put this here. Adam Mitchell, Colgate '05, just announced his retirement after 17 seasons playing professional hockey in Germany. He just won the DEL2 championship with Löwen Frankfurt, which he captained from 2018-2021 (which is why I know about his activities; his name and number are on my replica jersey), earning them promotion into the DEL (Deutsche Eishockey Liga). He was previously on the Hannover Scorpions (yes, named after the band), winning the DEL title in 2010, and also played in Landsberg, Mannheim, Hamburg, and Straubing. I believe I read somewhere that he'll be moving to a coaching position with Bad Nauenheim in the DEL2.

There's a nice interview at [www.loewen-frankfurt.de] which says, loosely translated,
Adam Mitchell
I came to Germany 17 years ago, with the plan to just play hockey for a few years and travel a bit through Europe, and then afterwards find another job in Canada. Fortunately it didn't turn out that way! Here I met a wonderful woman, learned Germany, had two lovely little girls, and acquired German citizenship. Germany has become our home, although all that was actually not my Plan A.

Four years ago, my family and I came to Frankfurt, with the single great goal of promotion into the DEL. Now I can hang up my skates with a smile and a tear in my eye, because we've finally done it!

I give thanks out the depths of my heart to my family, all of my teammates, the coaches, trainers, staff and fans for their support and friendship in the last few years. I'm now looking forward to the next challenges that my life will bring!

A bit of backstory on why the promotion is such a big deal: the Frankfurt Lions were a founding member of the DEL in 1994, and won the championship in 2004, but went bankrupt in 2010, and the reformed Löwen Frankfurt had to start over in the lower divisions, and have been working and playing their way up for the last twelve years. The Löwen won the DEL2 title in 2017, but the DEL and DEL2 only reestablished promotion and relegation 2019. The Löwen won the regular season in 2020 before the playoffs were cancelled, so this was their second chance to win promotion after the Bietigheim Steelers took the title in 2021. (Frankfurter ice hockey fans are still holding their breath, since the DEL has to approve the promotion/license paperwork the club just submitted, and the financial situation took a hit this year when the Löwen dropped the Russian bank VTB as their biggest sponsor.)

[www.eliteprospects.com]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: Adam Mitchell (Colgate '05) retires
Posted by: RichH (---.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: May 05, 2022 12:19PM

jtwcornell91
He was previously on the Hannover Scorpions (yes, named after the band), winning the DEL title in 2010,

They skate out to "Rock You Like A Hurricane," right??

Re: Adam Mitchell (Colgate '05) retires
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: May 05, 2022 11:48PM

RichH
jtwcornell91
He was previously on the Hannover Scorpions (yes, named after the band), winning the DEL title in 2010,

They skate out to "Rock You Like A Hurricane," right??

I hope so, but I never managed to see either the Scorpions or the Indians play in the year I was in Hannover, since we had a two-year-old keeping us occupied.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: jts15 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: May 10, 2022 09:10AM

Some speculation about Cam Abbott being considered for the Red Wings coaching job:

Swedish coaches Rikard Grönborg of Swiss club Zurirch and Roger Rönnberg of Frölunda have been mentioned in speculation regarding the Detroit job. Canadian Cam Abbott, who coaches Rögle in Sweden, is another who has been connected to Red Wings coaching rumors.

[detroithockeynow.com]

Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: May 10, 2022 09:47AM

jts15
Some speculation about Cam Abbott being considered for the Red Wings coaching job . . .

If he gets it, I hope he does better than Ned.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-199-32.myvzw.com)
Date: May 10, 2022 12:14PM

jts15
Some speculation about Cam Abbott being considered for the Red Wings coaching job:

Swedish coaches Rikard Grönborg of Swiss club Zurirch and Roger Rönnberg of Frölunda have been mentioned in speculation regarding the Detroit job. Canadian Cam Abbott, who coaches Rögle in Sweden, is another who has been connected to Red Wings coaching rumors.

[detroithockeynow.com]

I have a friend who is a huge Wings fan and is sick of me talking about Cornell players. Would be great.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.net.cia.gov)
Date: May 10, 2022 05:03PM

Dafatone
jts15

[detroithockeynow.com]

I have a friend who is a huge Wings fan and is sick of me talking about Cornell players. Would be great.
Would probably be fine if it was his team. The Leafs, OTOH.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 16, 2022 10:55PM

RichH
Chris '03
blackwidow

New coach bringing in another goalie as MSU picks up two more ecac transfers.

[www.uscho.com]

Posted by: Weder (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 17, 2022 07:13AM

Jessica Campbell ‘14 is an assistant coach for Germany at the IIHF men’s world championships and is the first woman to coach in the event.
[www.windycitystorm.com]

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 19, 2022 11:50AM

April story on Matt Moulson, out of the lineup since December with Hershey Bears of the AHL. Moulson has been pretty healthy most of his pro career. He turns 39 this fall. Moulson is one of the handful of not-yet-retireds from the 2003 draft (Patrice Bergeron, Zach Parise, Joe Pavelski, Marc-Andre Fleury, Ithaca's Dustin Brown).

[theahl.com]

Date: May 19, 2022 01:40PM

billhoward
April story on Matt Moulson, out of the lineup since December with Hershey Bears of the AHL. Moulson has been pretty healthy most of his pro career. He turns 39 this fall. Moulson is one of the handful of not-yet-retireds from the 2003 draft (Patrice Bergeron, Zach Parise, Joe Pavelski, Marc-Andre Fleury, Ithaca's Dustin Brown).

[theahl.com]

Brown is retired now that the Kings are out of the playoffs.

Date: May 19, 2022 07:14PM

Weder
billhoward
[theahl.com]
Q is investigating if they can get him a fifth year eligibity thing.

Date: May 19, 2022 08:30PM

billhoward
Weder
billhoward
[theahl.com]
Q is investigating if they can get him a fifth year eligibity thing.

+1

Posted by: dag14 (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: May 19, 2022 08:44PM

Enroll him as a freshman. Dustin went to the NHL from Juniors

Date: May 31, 2022 03:03PM

Riley Nash is on Tampa, oh right.

I think he's the only Cornell alum left.

Date: May 31, 2022 10:03PM

Trotsky

G Bettman '74

Date: June 01, 2022 03:05AM

billhoward
Trotsky

G Bettman '74

< crowd becomes noticeably menacing >

Date: June 01, 2022 06:49AM

Trotsky
billhoward
Trotsky

G Bettman '74

At this point, booing him is more of a fun tradition.

Date: June 01, 2022 07:22AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
billhoward
Trotsky

G Bettman '74

"Cornell fans made the rafters roar."

Date: June 01, 2022 12:00PM

billhoward
Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
billhoward
Trotsky

G Bettman '74

"Cornell fans made the rafters roar."

Credit where it's due. Bill wins the thread.

Posted by: blackwidow (---.sub-174-198-206.myvzw.com)
Date: June 05, 2022 03:11PM

Nash in the lineup for the Bolts in game 3 against the Rangers. Lets go Bolts

Posted by: arugula (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: June 05, 2022 05:03PM

Nice job by Riley on that penalty.

Posted by: zanderman200 (154.6.17.---)
Date: June 08, 2022 05:02PM

Reilly Nash making playoff ECF debut with the bolts

Date: June 11, 2022 11:40PM

A couple nice shifts Saturday 6/11 by Riley Nash including batting a puck out of the air that is almost put in for a goal (almost). Tampa Bay beats NY Rangers 2-1 and Riley Nash not Adam Fox (Harvard '20) goes on to the Cup finals.

Date: June 14, 2022 09:05PM

Weder
Jessica Campbell ‘14 is an assistant coach for Germany at the IIHF men’s world championships and is the first woman to coach in the event.
[www.windycitystorm.com]

Jessica Campbell now has a gig as a coach at the Rangers’ development camp and seems to be moving up the ranks very quickly. Good interview with her here; she gives a lot of credit to Derraugh.

[www.nhl.com]

Posted by: blackwidow (---.sub-174-198-219.myvzw.com)
Date: June 20, 2022 07:53PM

Riley Nash in the lineup for game 3 of the Stanley cup final series. If the Bolts win the series (currently 2 wins - 0 in favor of Avs), Nash will be a Stanley cup winner and have his name etched on the cup. Given that he played less than half the regular season games, he needed to play at least 1 final series game to have his name auto etched on the cup.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-199-32.myvzw.com)
Date: June 22, 2022 09:26PM

In this round and last round, Bolts are 0-4 without Nash and 5-0 with him.

I'm lowkey rooting for the Avs, but Nash on the cup is absolutely the best part of TB winning if they do.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.229.45.21.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: June 22, 2022 10:26PM

Dafatone

I'm lowkey rooting for the Avs, but Nash on the cup is absolutely the best part of TB winning if they do.

I've always said the Stanley Cup doesn't belong below the Mason-Dixon Line, and I'm definitely not a fan of a Florida team winning it. So I'm also rooting for Colorado. But I agree it would be cool to see Nash win it.

Date: June 22, 2022 11:05PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Dafatone

I've always said the Stanley Cup doesn't belong below the Mason-Dixon Line, and I'm definitely not a fan of a Florida team winning it. So I'm also rooting for Colorado. But I agree it would be cool to see Nash win it.

I'm rooting for the Bolts all the way because of Nash ( i own 2 jerseys with his name on the back and brought them to his games before. Even got two pucks from him)

But, I am also hoping some Avs players get injured so Jacob Macdonald gets a chance. He is on the taxi squad despite being quite far down the pecking order.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.229.45.21.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: June 22, 2022 11:29PM

blackwidow
Jeff Hopkins '82
Dafatone

I'm rooting for the Bolts all the way because of Nash ( i own 2 jerseys with his name on the back and brought them to his games before. Even got two pucks from him)

But, I am also hoping some Avs players get injured so Jacob Macdonald gets a chance. He is on the taxi squad despite being quite far down the pecking order.

Looks like the odds of Nash getting his name etched just dropped. Avs win in OT.

Date: June 22, 2022 11:34PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
blackwidow
Jeff Hopkins '82
Dafatone

Looks like the odds of Nash getting his name etched just dropped. Avs win in OT.

killorn fucked it up

Date: June 25, 2022 03:15PM

Not the pros, but Topher Scott has a bunch of short hockey tactics and drills videos on YouTube called Hockey Think Tank which I have enjoyed and recommend.

Posted by: LGR14 (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: June 28, 2022 09:47AM

Surprised not to see it posted yet, but Jacob MacDonald skated with the Cup on Sunday.

Posted by: blackwidow (---.sub-174-198-199.myvzw.com)
Date: June 28, 2022 10:46AM

LGR14
Surprised not to see it posted yet, but Jacob MacDonald skated with the Cup on Sunday.

He doesnt meet the criteria to have his name etched on the cup and id be surprised if the Ava petition for his name to be etched but I hope they do. He's been a great member of the org
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2022 11:17AM by blackwidow.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-199-39.myvzw.com)
Date: June 28, 2022 11:08AM

Little surprised MacDonald couldn't crack the lineup, given how much work the Avs put into hiding Jack Johnson. He only had 8:25 of ice time in game six! That's close to half as much as the next lowest.

But hey, if it ain't broke...

Posted by: blackwidow (---.sub-174-198-199.myvzw.com)
Date: June 28, 2022 11:18AM

Dafatone
Little surprised MacDonald couldn't crack the lineup, given how much work the Avs put into hiding Jack Johnson. He only had 8:25 of ice time in game six! That's close to half as much as the next lowest.

But hey, if it ain't broke...

Makes me extra sad because Nico Sturm has been in the lineup for the Avs

Posted by: dbilmes (64.224.255.---)
Date: June 28, 2022 09:46PM

Meanwhile, Toews becomes the first Q player to have his name on the Cup. Pecknold was gloating about it in an article in the New Haven Register. Too bad Riley Nash couldn't have gotten his name on it for Tampa. That would have been quite a story with his playing on three different NHL teams this year along with a stint in the AHL. His fourth line played pretty well in the series, with lots of offensive zone time, but they were on the ice for game-winning goal in Game 6.

Posted by: jkahn (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: June 30, 2022 04:42PM

blackwidow
LGR14

He doesnt meet the criteria to have his name etched on the cup and id be surprised if the Ava petition for his name to be etched but I hope they do. He's been a great member of the org
They'd probably have to submit a long list for him to be on it. He ranked 32nd in number of games played this year (8 games) and they only used 23 players in the playoffs, so there'd be a lot of others ahead of him. But it would be great to see his name on it.

Date: July 05, 2022 11:15AM

Jessica Campbell hired as an assistant coach for Seattle’s AHL affiliate. She’s the first woman to coach full-time in the AHL.
[www.espn.com]

Posted by: blackwidow (---.sub-174-198-205.myvzw.com)
Date: July 05, 2022 02:58PM

Weder
Jessica Campbell hired as an assistant coach for Seattle’s AHL affiliate. She’s the first woman to coach full-time in the AHL.
[www.espn.com]

I wonder if this means she wont have to report to the Rangers prospect camp..?

Posted by: underskill (204.194.190.---)
Date: July 09, 2022 10:30PM

Any word on galajda? I’m surprised he didn’t sign an echl or ahl contract after the season.

Date: July 10, 2022 11:06PM

[www.nhl.com]

Congratulating Jacob MacDonald on signing a 2 year 2 way contract with the Avs. Minor salary of 450k, per [www.eliteprospects.com]

Posted by: Weder (104.28.78.---)
Date: July 11, 2022 12:25PM

Matt Moulson is retiring as a player.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2022 12:26PM by Weder.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: July 11, 2022 05:37PM

Cam Abbott continues to develop NHL talent as coach of Rogle in Sweden. Marco Kasper of Rogle was selected by Detroit as the 8th player picked in the first round of the NHL draft. This season's Calder Trophy winner was another Red Wing and former Rogle player, Moritz Seider. Chris Abbott is Rogle's GM.

Posted by: cbuckser (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: July 12, 2022 12:38AM

Do Justin Krueger and Matt Moulson's retirements leave Riley Nash as the last active pro hockey player who won an ECAC Championship with Cornell?

Posted by: RatushnyFan (165.225.220.---)
Date: July 12, 2022 12:39PM

Sean Collins played last season in Europe? I haven't seen whether he's returning or retired. 2009-10 Cornell hockey register

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 13, 2022 07:30PM

[www.forbes.com]

Denis Ladouceur, a Canadian and former COO at a Wall Street firm and transplanted New Yorker, felt as if the city was missing one main meeting place: a sports bar devoted to hockey fans. In December 2021, he opened The Canuck on Ninth Avenue in Chelsea to appeal to the legion of hockey fans in the New York area that follows the New York Rangers, New York Islanders and New Jersey Devils as well as fellow Canadians who are fans of the Montreal Canadians or Toronto Maple Leaf’s.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.241.---)
Date: July 13, 2022 10:05PM

jeff '84
[www.forbes.com]

Denis Ladouceur, a Canadian and former COO at a Wall Street firm and transplanted New Yorker, felt as if the city was missing one main meeting place: a sports bar devoted to hockey fans. In December 2021, he opened The Canuck on Ninth Avenue in Chelsea to appeal to the legion of hockey fans in the New York area that follows the New York Rangers, New York Islanders and New Jersey Devils as well as fellow Canadians who are fans of the Montreal Canadians or Toronto Maple Leaf’s.

Nice. You would think that they would mention that he was a former professional player.

Date: July 14, 2022 08:24AM

jeff '84
[www.forbes.com]
We could have used that bar circa 2000 when you needed to find a bar for a college hockey or tournament viewing event and only they had access to some oddball satellite network. So much better now with streaming and currently with streaming that has decent video quality, no dropouts and the camera guy actually tracks the puck.

Posted by: jts15 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: July 14, 2022 04:18PM

Angello signs with the Blues

[www.cbssports.com]

Date: July 14, 2022 06:13PM

billhoward
We could have used that bar circa 2000 when you needed to find a bar for a college hockey or tournament viewing event and only they had access to some oddball satellite network. So much better now with streaming and currently with streaming that has decent video quality, no dropouts and the camera guy actually tracks the puck.
People still whine, though.

You're in a chair in the sky.

Posted by: Weder (136.226.50.---)
Date: July 15, 2022 12:54PM

Trotsky
billhoward

ESPN+ going up to $9.99/month or $99.99 a year in August, a 43% increase.
[variety.com]

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 15, 2022 04:13PM

Weder
Trotsky
billhoward

[variety.com]
Capitalist pigs!

Date: July 15, 2022 05:26PM

Al DeFlorio
Weder
Trotsky
billhoward

[variety.com]
Capitalist pigs!
Redundant.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: July 15, 2022 06:08PM

Trotsky
Al DeFlorio
Weder
Trotsky
billhoward

[variety.com]
Capitalist pigs!
Redundant.

I hate to think of Disney as the people's company, but hey, if Ron DeSantis hates them, they can't be all bad.

The price of the Disney Bundle (= ESPN+, Disney+, Hulu) is not going up. Disney has painted itself into the marketing corner by treating the Bundle niche as something families can share, even if they're in different zip codes. So if your grand kids are in California watching Frozen on Disney+, your siblings in Colorado binge watch Hulu, and you,stuck in Jersey, join then all in watching Cornell sports on ESPN+, the good news is that Disney will let you share the Bundle subscription for a total price of $13.99 per mo. including Hulu with ads and $19.99 per mo. including ad-free Hulu in the combo.

Date: July 16, 2022 08:34AM

Swampy
I hate to think of Disney as the people's company, but hey, if Ron DeSantis hates them, they can't be all bad.

It's Hitler v Stalin. My daughter worked for Disney for five years. They're the worst employer on earth and that is a very high bar.

Date: July 17, 2022 05:18PM

Swampy
Trotsky
Al DeFlorio
Weder
Trotsky
billhoward

[variety.com]
Capitalist pigs!
Redundant.

The price of the Disney Bundle (= ESPN+, Disney+, Hulu) is not going up. Disney has painted itself into the marketing corner by treating the Bundle niche as something families can share, even if they're in different zip codes. So if your grand kids are in California watching Frozen on Disney+, your siblings in Colorado binge watch Hulu, and you,stuck in Jersey, join then all in watching Cornell sports on ESPN+, the good news is that Disney will let you share the Bundle subscription for a total price of $13.99 per mo. including Hulu with ads and $19.99 per mo. including ad-free Hulu in the combo.

interesting because i also know that ESPN is starting to implement a thing about sharing your acct outside the home ip range. So not sure how t hey allow sharing but also limit use outside the house.. I was told they plan on enforcing it so that if you use the service often outside your home they will warn you then enforce a penalty. they have been tracking this for awhile.. maybe they allow part of the plan and not other parts?

Date: July 17, 2022 05:22PM

upprdeck
Swampy
Trotsky
Al DeFlorio
Weder
Trotsky
billhoward

[variety.com]
Capitalist pigs!
Redundant.

interesting because i also know that ESPN is starting to implement a thing about sharing your acct outside the home ip range. So not sure how t hey allow sharing but also limit use outside the house.. I was told they plan on enforcing it so that if you use the service often outside your home they will warn you then enforce a penalty. they have been tracking this for awhile.. maybe they allow part of the plan and not other parts?
They won't let you access ESPN+ on your cellphone?

Date: July 17, 2022 09:51PM

Al DeFlorio
upprdeck
Swampy
Trotsky
Al DeFlorio
Weder
Trotsky
billhoward

[variety.com]
Capitalist pigs!
Redundant.

They won't let you access ESPN+ on your cellphone?
cellphones know your location as well. if you live in Ny and you use it in NY and your kid logs in from Buffalo and it happens multiple times they start to track it and if it starts happening at roughly the same time like cornell hockey games they will see it.. they have not turned it on yet but its in their queue of things to do. much like netflix is doing already in a tests runs now.

Posted by: cu155 (---.129.16.8.static.quadranet.com)
Date: July 18, 2022 05:44AM

As an expat living in China all the geolocation restrictions are depressing. Sometimes you just want to pay money to watch hockey/lacrosse/wrestling and you still can't because the services either flag you as using a VPN (sites are blocked in China so require a VPN to access) or being out of region (even with a VPN set to my 'home' region it's becoming more common to be flagged). Unfortunately, I and others like me are basically no % of their business.

Date: July 18, 2022 08:27AM

This is nuts. If I'm vacationing away from home I can't use my subscription to ESPN+?

Posted by: Weder (104.28.78.---)
Date: July 18, 2022 09:31AM

I think some of the geolocation things are a rights issue rather than an ESPN restriction. The ECAC has a deal with another provider for international rights to its games. That said, you can use ESPN+ anywhere in the U.S.; it sounds more like they are cracking down on multiple users logged in to the same account from different locations.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2022 09:32AM by Weder.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.tmodns.net)
Date: July 18, 2022 09:32AM

Al DeFlorio
This is nuts. If I'm vacationing away from home I can't use my subscription to ESPN+?

ESPN+ has never worked for me if I happen to be outside the US.

Date: July 18, 2022 01:38PM

Iceberg
Al DeFlorio

ESPN+ has never worked for me if I happen to be outside the US.

I can’t remember if I’ve ever tried to use ESPN+ outside the US, but I’ve definitely watched live ESPN channels via my cable provider log-in while abroad (using a VPN).

Date: July 18, 2022 06:11PM

the pt is they can turn off using a vpn on a computer pretty easily if they wanted to actually limit the watching which probably is a violation of the agreement anyway. the gambling sites already have to do it. and if you tried using a cellphone its even easier for them to control.

Posted by: underskill (204.194.190.---)
Date: July 22, 2022 08:49PM

[www.thestar.com]

Leneveu was Fleury’s backup on that team IIRC

Posted by: osorojo (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: July 29, 2022 05:04PM

We can only hope that offering college hockey players a year or two longer of eligibility to play college hockey just might encourage them to take up education while they aren't playing/practicing hockey.

Posted by: dag14 (98.38.249.---)
Date: August 05, 2022 12:48PM

I saw a photo of Jake MacDonald with his dad and the Stanley Cup so the fact that he was rostered but did not play in the Finals apparently was enough for him to be seen as deserving of a day with the Cup. Way to go Jake!

Date: August 09, 2022 05:13PM

Weder
Trotsky
billhoward

[variety.com]
Strange. Just got an email rom Google Play saying I'd be charged $69.99 on September 9 to renew.

Page: Previous1 2 3Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login