Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

RIP my season tickets

Posted by marty 
RIP my season tickets
Posted by: marty (---.sub-174-197-199.myvzw.com)
Date: August 20, 2021 01:20PM

While RPI faculty, staff and students who are fully compliant with the Institute’s COVID-19 protocols will be allowed to attend games, the general public is not. Therefore, at this point, we will not be processing season ticket applications or individual game ticket sales to any non-campus community members. An exception may be for the “approved special events”, though we need to gain clarification and specifics on that.

Re: RIP my season tickets
Posted by: CU2007 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: August 20, 2021 01:25PM

marty
While RPI faculty, staff and students who are fully compliant with the Institute’s COVID-19 protocols will be allowed to attend games, the general public is not. Therefore, at this point, we will not be processing season ticket applications or individual game ticket sales to any non-campus community members. An exception may be for the “approved special events”, though we need to gain clarification and specifics on that.

Oh boy

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 20, 2021 02:42PM

marty

I'm sorry to hear this. What a kick in the gut!!

In Cornell's case, I would hope that "approved special events" would be the Harvard @ CU game and maybe playoffs.

-Ned Harkness

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: August 20, 2021 03:16PM

I mean, it is a plague.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: August 20, 2021 06:30PM

wonder if cornell goes that route as well. it would cut down on a huge number of townies.. was talking with some of the people working in the building about how the new policy likely means twice a week testing for the year.

Posted by: Weder (136.226.49.---)
Date: August 24, 2021 12:19PM

Football tickets are on sale, and there's no mention of any covid restrictions -- I assume because it is outdoors and the average home football crowd is already sufficiently socially distanced.

(Also, apparently the top football ticket has a $50 face value? Lol.)

Posted by: French Rage (165.225.243.---)
Date: August 24, 2021 12:21PM

RIP RPI STHs? WTF?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Dragon15 (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 24, 2021 04:28PM

The word I’m hearing is Cornell hockey is going with full house and mask.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2021 06:34PM by Dragon15.

Date: August 24, 2021 05:45PM

Dragon15
The word I’m hearing is Cornell is going to go with full house with mask.

Are you referring to men’s hockey or football? Just clarifying due to the thread drift.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 24, 2021 06:23PM

French Rage
RIP RPI STHs? WTF?
Sticks Nix Hick Pix

Date: August 24, 2021 06:28PM

Hockey

Date: August 24, 2021 06:28PM

With you so far.

Date: August 24, 2021 06:55PM

CU2007
Dragon15

Are you referring to men’s hockey or football? Just clarifying due to the thread drift.[/quote

Hockey

Posted by: marty (104.255.169.---)
Date: August 24, 2021 07:56PM

marty
While RPI faculty, staff and students who are fully compliant with the Institute’s COVID-19 protocols will be allowed to attend games, the general public is not. Therefor e, at this point, we will not be processing season ticket applications or individual game ticket sales to any non-campus community members. An exception may be for the “approved special events”, though we need to gain clarification and specifics on that.

TU take on RPI fan limitation.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 27, 2021 05:04PM

Reading broadens one's knowledge. Now I know RPI has football (11-man?) and two years ago it went 6-0 at home.

Date: August 27, 2021 07:11PM

considering cornell just elevated the covid status today, time will tell what happens here.. There is a reason they are still not selling hockey tickets. i wonder what the breakdown of kids/faculty/staff to outside people is for seasons . 600-1000 kids no idea here, but locals make up probably 1/2 the other side.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: August 28, 2021 01:54PM

marty
marty
While RPI faculty, staff and students who are fully compliant with the Institute’s COVID-19 protocols will be allowed to attend games, the general public is not. Therefor e, at this point, we will not be processing season ticket applications or individual game ticket sales to any non-campus community members. An exception may be for the “approved special events”, though we need to gain clarification and specifics on that.

Yes, 11 man. whistle Don't you recall the last time RPI played Cornell on 10/1/1910? (Cornell won 24-0.)

Date: August 28, 2021 03:24PM

ursusminor
marty
marty

Yes, 11 man. whistle Don't you recall the last time RPI played Cornell on 10/1/1910? (Cornell won 24-0.)
Feels like that was our last win.

Date: August 28, 2021 07:01PM

Cornell is 12-6 lifetime against Michigan but this is not one where you can create a useful trendline.

Date: August 28, 2021 07:13PM

so Su made some changes to campus today which if followed mean full masks and no food in the Dome. Cornell cant be much different but maybe tompkins is a bit better still

Date: August 28, 2021 08:54PM

The fuck is "the dome"?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 29, 2021 06:37AM

Trotsky
The fuck is "the dome"?
Carrier

Posted by: osorojo (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: August 29, 2021 08:54AM

Sorry for the misprint. The post should have read: "Do me."

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.44.98.30.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: August 29, 2021 01:49PM

Al DeFlorio
Trotsky
The fuck is "the dome"?
Carrier

Gotta think it'll be full of carriers, FWIW.

Posted by: French Rage (104.129.202.---)
Date: August 29, 2021 04:52PM

osorojo

I knew you would eventually have a good post.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: August 29, 2021 06:14PM

osorojo

Date: August 29, 2021 06:28PM

Trotsky
osorojo

+1

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: August 29, 2021 09:12PM

billhoward
Cornell is 12-6 lifetime against Michigan but this is not one where you can create a useful trendline.

And 2-0 lifetime against Ohio State.

Date: August 30, 2021 10:27AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Al DeFlorio
Trotsky
The fuck is "the dome"?
Carrier
<rimshot>, Mister Hopkins. And points for not adding a smiley-face.

Date: August 30, 2021 01:49PM

billhoward
Jeff Hopkins '82
Al DeFlorio
Trotsky
The fuck is "the dome"?
Carrier
<rimshot>, Mister Hopkins. And points for not adding a smiley-face.

Thanks. Don't forget to tip your waitress.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2021 07:02PM by Jeff Hopkins '82.

Date: August 30, 2021 06:46PM

man the campus uptick on covid is not a good sign for going to games.. hopefully just a short term blip

Date: August 30, 2021 08:05PM

upprdeck
man the campus uptick on covid is not a good sign for going to games.. hopefully just a short term blip
Be curious to see if Cornell pulls the plug or backs off on some of the 9/18 homecoming festivities.

Date: August 30, 2021 09:01PM

They pretty much cancelled anything that isnt outdoors the next couple of weeks in most depts I know of. shocking how fast the kids let loose and the numbers went up.

Posted by: Anne 85 (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 31, 2021 05:35PM

I couldn't find ANY mention of hockey on the CU Ticket Office website. Not even the usual - updates will be coming soon. cry

Date: August 31, 2021 07:15PM

at the rate things are going they might reverse course and anyone but the kids might be allowed in the bldg.. they might have to go to daily testing to slow this thing down on campus

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 01, 2021 11:51AM

The email I saw directed to faculty and staff defended the university's current plans to continue in-person classes, etc., arguing that the testing regime is effective in identifying and therefore limiting new cases. Additionally, they stressed that all new cases were either asymptomatic or mild. No faculty or staff tested positive, only students and all positives [or most?] were traced to "informal off-campus gatherings." They will continue to isolate those who test positive.

I get the feeling the administration expects an uptick in cases, since that is the new normal. However, since everyone has to be vaccinated to even be on campus, this situation is radically different than last fall and the administration seems to be more willing to hold back on drastic action.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 01, 2021 02:44PM

dag14
The email I saw directed to faculty and staff defended the university's current plans to continue in-person classes, etc., arguing that the testing regime is effective in identifying and therefore limiting new cases. Additionally, they stressed that all new cases were either asymptomatic or mild. No faculty or staff tested positive, only students and all positives [or most?] were traced to "informal off-campus gatherings." They will continue to isolate those who test positive.

I get the feeling the administration expects an uptick in cases, since that is the new normal. However, since everyone has to be vaccinated to even be on campus, this situation is radically different than last fall and the administration seems to be more willing to hold back on drastic action.

I’m personally very careful even though vaccinated—I wear masks indoors, won’t do indoor dining, etc. But I’ve been back in the office since I was vaccinated and am meeting with clients, because, you know, life and work does have to continue. It therefore frustrates me to see so many Cornell faculty crying to the University about having to teach in-person classes, notwithstanding the vaccination and masking requirements. Risk can’t be reduced to zero, but these faculty are demanding to teach remotely even though the risk is minuscule under the protocols.

Date: September 01, 2021 03:16PM

Huge age issue with Faculty too.. I know many of the older or ones with issues do not want to take any risk. yet I do see them out shopping at Wegmans so... You also have a bunch of faculty who dont actually want to teach anyway and want to use this as a way out of being in a class room. The last campus zoom meeting had multiple questions on the risk and basically said the risk from teaching a class was lower than most any other interaction you can have. They are kept away from kids in the rooms, everyone has masks on. They have time to leave without really being around kids and they have offices to stay away from kids as well.

still seeing 1 in 10-20 kids test positive day after day tells you something is going on. what the numbers dont really says is do they continue to test people once they have a positive test. So if a kid has a test on monday and then is positive and isolated do they get tested again on wed or fri and get another positive test so they are in both datasets or do they get removed from the dashboard numbers..

Date: September 01, 2021 05:42PM

If Cornell is looking to speed faculty turnover, Covid would move things along. Anyway, when you're a student of 19, you cannot tell 45 from 65. Or actually you can but you don't sense any significant difference. Either way, your lips form the words alter kaker.

Date: September 01, 2021 05:47PM

billhoward
If Cornell is looking to speed faculty turnover, Covid would move things along. Anyway, when you're a student of 19, you cannot tell 45 from 65. Or actually you can but you don't sense any significant difference. Either way, your lips form the words alter kaker.

Actually, we used to call the chairman of our department "Professor Fossil."

I can't imagine many of the students in Chemical Engineering knew the expression alte kaker. I only know of myself and one other ChemE in my class of the proper "background."

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: September 01, 2021 06:34PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
billhoward

Winding?
Smith?

Date: September 02, 2021 07:41AM

marty
Jeff Hopkins '82
billhoward

Winding?
Smith?

Smith.

Winding was around, but he was already emeritus. None of the students really knew who he was.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 02, 2021 10:36AM

upprdeck
at the rate things are going they might reverse course and anyone but the kids might be allowed in the bldg.. they might have to go to daily testing to slow this thing down on campus

That is the best way to go if you want to be safe. The Rapid test is very good for picking up whether you are infectious, or not. If you got a negative test in the AM, right before your first class, you can be pretty sure that you're not an asymptomatic spreader. But the delta multiplies so fast that you need to test at least daily and maybe twice a day, certainly again in the evening if you're going to go out.

Logistically, and cost, it's a much bigger deal, but much better.

With the delta the idea of neg PCR test done 2 days prior to an event is not that helpful. If you were exposed after the test, you could very easily be a spreader. The problem is delta multiplies so fast that you can be infectious 1-2 days after exposure and certainly not yet have symptoms.

Interestingly I went to Springsteen last night and at least 95-98% were wearing a mask, and they came around to tell all to put it on. Knowing that everyone, well of course probably not quite everyone, as there will always be a few cheaters, was vaccinated made me feel okay, but would have felt better if everyone took a Rapid Test before entering.

Posted by: Weder (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: September 02, 2021 03:40PM

This video says they’re holding off on any ticket sales for winter sports for now. (Except for MSG, I guess.) Basically, they’ll wait and see how things are going.

[youtu.be]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2021 03:41PM by Weder.

Date: September 02, 2021 05:45PM

restrictions for on campus games just might make that MSG game one of the only chances to see the team this year.

Date: September 03, 2021 09:22AM

Kinda surprised the school isnt ramping up testing even more with the rate the kids are going, 50+ three times in a week.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: September 03, 2021 02:48PM

Jim Hyla

Interestingly I went to Springsteen last night and at least 95-98% were wearing a mask, and they came around to tell all to put it on. Knowing that everyone, well of course probably not quite everyone, as there will always be a few cheaters, was vaccinated made me feel okay, but would have felt better if everyone took a Rapid Test before entering.

How'd you get tickets?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.sub-174-204-133.myvzw.com)
Date: September 06, 2021 04:48PM

Swampy
Jim Hyla

How'd you get tickets?

Just purchased them when I heard they were for sale for his summer shows. Had to be ready when they opened up

Posted by: Weder (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: September 10, 2021 11:09AM

From the Cornell ticket site:

Cornell Athletics
SPECTATOR POLICIES FOR FALL SPORTS:
Please be prepared to adhere to fan attendance protocols at Cornell. Be aware that this guidance is subject to change.

Indoor Events: All spectators, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear masks indoors at all times. Masks may be briefly removed when actively eating or drinking. Physical distancing between parties is encouraged if space allows. Please be aware that competing student-athletes and some gameday officials may be unmasked during events as part of their duties.

Outdoor Events: All spectators, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear masks when 6 ft of physical distancing is not possible (except while eating or drinking). Please note: this requires that masks must be worn upon entry to the facility as spectators will be in close contact with game day staff.

Winter sports spectator guidance has not yet been finalized.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2021 11:09AM by Weder.

Date: September 10, 2021 09:09PM

testing for kids not going well either.. some big rumors on changes are out and about.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login