Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Grad transfers

Posted by blackwidow 
Grad transfers
Posted by: blackwidow (---.sub-174-198-195.myvzw.com)
Date: December 22, 2020 08:17AM

Cam Donaldson committing to UMass for 21-22 season as a grad transfer.

[www.hockeyjournal.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2020 08:17AM by blackwidow.

Re: Grad transfers
Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-198-70.myvzw.com)
Date: December 22, 2020 10:20AM

Is there any reason for allowing grad transfers to play in new locations but not their undergrad school?

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: December 22, 2020 10:26AM

Dafatone
Is there any reason for allowing grad transfers to play in new locations but not their undergrad school?

The Ivies don't give you the same five-year span to use your four years of eligibility; you have to use them in your first four unless one's a medical redshirt, and even those are rare exceptions for which you have to apply.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: marty (161.11.160.---)
Date: December 22, 2020 01:19PM

Beeeej
Dafatone

The Ivies don't give you the same five-year span to use your four years of eligibility; you have to use them in your first four unless one's a medical redshirt, and even those are rare exceptions for which you have to apply.

Yes, and for this bit of Ivy inspiration we can all be grateful pissed off until we cease the act of inspiration.

deadhorse

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-198-70.myvzw.com)
Date: December 22, 2020 01:22PM

Beeeej
Dafatone

Has Cam only been active for three years? Feel like it's been four. Maybe this season is the fourth and it's COVID messing everything up?

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2020 01:30PM

Beeeej
Dafatone

The bigger restriction is the Ivy's strict rule against grad students playing. With Covid exceptions allowed, you can stretch things to 5-years by not graduating and then finishing academically the next year. That is what Jeff Teat was planning to do. It's a little easier in lacrosse where the season only encompasses one semester. Hockey, spanning two semesters, might make it harder to maintain undergrad status if you were close to graduation requirements.

Posted by: blackwidow (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2020 08:19PM

F Tristan Mullin headed to Vermont for 2nd semester. Would have been a captain at Cornell this season. Excellent add for building program. (Mark Divver on Twitter)

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 23, 2020 09:36AM

Perhaps it's best to figure out who hasn't left/may be coming back next year out of what would have been the senior class. So far, I haven't seen anything about:

Betts
Locke
Haiskanen
McGrath

Did I miss a transfer? Also, none of "this year's" juniors or sophomores has left, right?

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 23, 2020 01:09PM

blackwidow
F Tristan Mullin headed to Vermont for 2nd semester. Would have been a captain at Cornell this season. Excellent add for building program. (Mark Divver on Twitter)
Shades of Justin Milo a decade ago, Cornell to Vermont, except Cornell would have been happy to have Mullin return. LinkedIn has Milo about to become a pediatric dentist.

Posted by: blackwidow (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 23, 2020 02:45PM

Just to clarify, Mullin is moving on as a graduate transfer.

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: December 24, 2020 09:54PM

blackwidow

Agree. Vermont has been a really bad team for the last few years, so adding a (woulda been) senior captain coming from a consistently league-winning program is huge add for team culture alone...the talent level is a bonus.

Date: December 24, 2020 09:56PM

Scersk '97
Perhaps it's best to figure out who hasn't left/may be coming back next year out of what would have been the senior class. So far, I haven't seen anything about:

Betts
Locke
Haiskanen
McGrath

Did I miss a transfer? Also, none of "this year's" juniors or sophomores has left, right?

at this point, I'm assuming none will be here next year. let's all move on, and if one does return, that'll be a surprise bonus.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 25, 2020 01:27AM

abmarks
Scersk '97

Betts
Locke
Haiskanen
McGrath

at this point, I'm assuming none will be here next year. let's all move on, and if one does return, that'll be a surprise bonus.
Between outright transfer and not being able to play anyway, yes.

We're starting over, along with 7 other ECAC teams.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 25, 2020 02:12AM

abmarks
Scersk '97

Betts
Locke
Haiskanen
McGrath

I like to count my surprise bonuses before they hatch. And I'll move on when I damn well please, thank you.

I know it's unrealistic to hope that any of them will return, given the hoops the Ivy League makes these kids jump through quite unnecessarily. But I'd sure be glad if one or more of them comes back.

Trotsky
We're starting over, along with 7 other ECAC teams.

No we're not; not from scratch, anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing the then sophomores as seniors, particularly Andreev; and I'm looking forward to two more (perhaps three for Stienburg) years of the then freshmen. There are other teams in this league, even some who will play this year, that would be pretty overjoyed to be rebuilding around that group.

Date: December 28, 2020 01:45PM

Mullin with a pp goal and 4 pim in first game with UVM over the weekend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login