Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

I'll bet Dave never had a day like this

Posted by Give My Regards 
I'll bet Dave never had a day like this
Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 15, 2020 07:56AM

They're really not supposed to do that

Re: I'll bet Dave never had a day like this
Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: October 15, 2020 06:07PM

no sure if would stay on and keep driving like that ..

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: October 16, 2020 02:34PM

It was apparently an Olympia. [globalnews.ca]

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 19, 2020 12:00AM

ursusminor
The genesis of the story correction had to be: a Zamboni PR person sees a story like this calling the ice resurfacer by the generic "Zamboni," freaks out, alerts Zamboni legal, and a sharply worded message goes out. Most small town media outlets shift gear immediately, and in this case it's the right thing to do.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 19, 2020 07:34PM

billhoward
ursusminor
The genesis of the story correction had to be: a Zamboni PR person sees a story like this calling the ice resurfacer by the generic "Zamboni," freaks out, alerts Zamboni legal, and a sharply worded message goes out. Most small town media outlets shift gear immediately, and in this case it's the right thing to do.

Much like Kleenex and tissues, the Zamboni brand has become an unofficial nickname for all ice resurfacers. However, the company pointed out on Thursday that the burning vehicle was an Olympia brand.

“The machine on fire in the video was not manufactured by the Zamboni Company,” a spokesperson told Global News.

I try not to take potshots at people's reactions to a crisis, but I am surprised at the praise heaped on the driver for taking the Olympia back to its bay. It strikes me that if the propane tank did blow up, center ice would be the best place for that to happen, not in an enclosed space with a roof. The parking lot was probably the best place, but getting there required going through the bay. Maybe the bay is built like a bomb shelter to contain explosions. I don't claim intimate knowledge of skating rink building codes.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 19, 2020 08:33PM

David Harding
billhoward
ursusminor

Much like Kleenex and tissues, the Zamboni brand has become an unofficial nickname for all ice resurfacers. However, the company pointed out on Thursday that the burning vehicle was an Olympia brand.

“The machine on fire in the video was not manufactured by the Zamboni Company,” a spokesperson told Global News.

I try not to take potshots at people's reactions to a crisis, but I am surprised at the praise heaped on the driver for taking the Olympia back to its bay. It strikes me that if the propane tank did blow up, center ice would be the best place for that to happen, not in an enclosed space with a roof. The parking lot was probably the best place, but getting there required going through the bay. Maybe the bay is built like a bomb shelter to contain explosions. I don't claim intimate knowledge of skating rink building codes.

I assume the guy just panicked.

Put it at center ice, save yourself, let the fire control system nuke it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login