Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

2020-21 Season *Officially* Delayed

Posted by Beeeej 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 2020-21 Season *Officially* Delayed
Posted by: Weder (165.225.9.---)
Date: January 08, 2021 10:06AM

marty
ursusminor
Trotsky
redice
The count is now up to 10 players from the team, that we last watched, will not be returning. That is devastating.
Gotta assume the Principled Eight are all in the same boat.

You know, if Mike was ever going to consider a clean break...

I know, I know, I'm shutting up.

Maybe he relishes the challenge of building us back to #1 one last time.

It may have been said here somewhere, but are the Cornell players allowed to practice, either with or without supervision, at Lynah rink?

Ursaminor, is RPI allowing practice? Based on the shutdown of RPI's fraternities my guess is no.

Ivy teams are allowed to practice and use training facilities. I think the Cornell teams have been practicing in small groups.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 08, 2021 11:02AM

marty
ursusminor
Trotsky
redice
The count is now up to 10 players from the team, that we last watched, will not be returning. That is devastating.

It may have been said here somewhere, but are the Cornell players allowed to practice, either with or without supervision, at Lynah rink?

Ursaminor, is RPI allowing practice? Based on the shutdown of RPI's fraternities my guess is no.

They are not allowing it on Institute property. If the players want to pay themselves for ice time elsewhere, it is apparently OK. After seeing the trouble that schools who are playing are having with playing games, I can't complain about the season being cancelled, but I feel that the players should at least be allowed to practice in small groups. (BU will finally play its first game today if it is not cancelled at the last minute.)

BTW, it's ursusminor, not ursaminor. Thanks to someone here for pointing out to me close to 20 years ago that ursa, like alumna, is a feminine form. Much to my mother's chagrin, I was not required to study Latin for eight years. :-D

Posted by: marty (---.sub-174-197-215.myvzw.com)
Date: January 08, 2021 12:12PM

ursusminor
marty
ursusminor
Trotsky
redice

They are not allowing it on Institute property. If the players want to pay themselves for ice time elsewhere, it is apparently OK. After seeing the trouble that schools who are playing are having with playing games, I can't complain about the season being cancelled, but I feel that the players should at least be allowed to practice in small groups. (BU will finally play its first game today if it is not cancelled at the last minute.)

BTW, it's ursusminor, not ursaminor. Thanks to someone here for pointing out to me close to 20 years ago that ursa, like alumna, is a feminine form. Much to my mother's chagrin, I was not required to study Latin for eight years. :-D

Sorry about the name error. That lesson is likely the only Latin I'll ever learn.

RPI looks like a ghost town when we drive through.

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: January 08, 2021 03:46PM

Noneya Business
It doesn't fundamentally matter where they have gone.

As a reader here forever, the typical response from the exalted members will certainly indicate the boorish stupidity to play anywhere but CU.

However, these kids at CU will all be paying for 4 years of school to play only 3, when they could all receive a quality education elsewhere on scholarship and still play 4.

These are weighty decisions for young men and their families, so lets not chirp about how it may impact your fandom. Its the IVY's fault.

You must not read too carefully on this forum or you'd see that I've not criticized a single player for leaving.

I actually give these guys credit for being able to make what must be a difficult decision to uproot and leave a team I'm sure they are deeply attached to. I'm sure they are making decisions that are in their best interests along with the input of their families and advisors.

Speaking for myself, I'm interested in where they are going and wish them well. And I suspect that most people who posed about the guys who leave will do the same.

Thanks for the pre-judgement. Perhaps NonyaBusiness should follow their own advice and not pontificate on other's motivations...because it's a f*#$@_ing message board and our motivations are NonyaBusiness.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 08, 2021 07:13PM

Noneya Business
These are weighty decisions for young men and their families, so lets not chirp about how it may impact your fandom. Its the IVY's fault.

Every single person here knows this is the Ivy League's fault. But thank you for your brave words in defense of a controversial position every one of us takes for granted.

Posted by: Troyfan (---.columbus.rr.com)
Date: January 09, 2021 07:01AM

Noneya Business
It doesn't fundamentally matter where they have gone.

As a reader here forever, the typical response from the exalted members will certainly indicate the boorish stupidity to play anywhere but CU.

However, these kids at CU will all be paying for 4 years of school to play only 3, when they could all receive a quality education elsewhere on scholarship and still play 4.

What does the Ivy League know that the Big 10 doesn't? About playing now or fifth year eligibility? If Cornell looked itself in the face honestly it would see it is more Big 10 than Ivy anyway. More Northwestern than Columbia, Michigan than Dartmouth. And that's fine. In hockey and in other ways Cornell has kept its eye on the wrong ball.

Posted by: Noneya Business (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 09, 2021 08:49AM

Comments like these were the ones I was referencing from exalted members: (You can insert your name as may or may not be appropriate - I didn't)

"Disappointing. My guess is he knows UMD is going to endanger their players but not sure if we are (spoiler: we are).

Welp. Fuck him."

"academically speaking it will be like falling off a cliff".

"The Cornell hockey players attend is almost never the Cornell you and I attended."

Date: January 09, 2021 06:21PM

Noneya Business
"The Cornell hockey players attend is almost never the Cornell you and I attended."

Oh.

That's true, though. With very few exceptions athletes in major sports go through joke programs at the best universities. Cornell has joke majors.

How else would donors' kids get through?

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 09, 2021 09:06PM

Trotsky
Noneya Business

Oh.

That's true, though. With very few exceptions athletes in major sports go through joke programs at the best universities. Cornell has joke majors.

How else would donors' kids get through?

[www.youtube.com]

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: The Rancor (73.93.142.---)
Date: January 09, 2021 10:34PM

There is a whole lot of not fair here, and as a lifelong fan, I feel it too.

Posted by: The Rancor (73.93.142.---)
Date: February 06, 2021 11:07PM

I hate that there is no Cornell hockey to check in on here. Especially after last season right about now.

Date: February 07, 2021 03:27PM

I don't know why I'm not checking out until October. Muscle memory or something.

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login