Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Green Signs with TB

Posted by Chris '03 
Green Signs with TB
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.sub-174-192-8.myvzw.com)
Date: September 09, 2020 03:38PM

[cornellbigred.com]

Re: Green Signs with TB
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: September 09, 2020 04:37PM

And the senior class for whatever season we might still have in 2020-21 gets smaller and less impressive.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 09, 2020 05:00PM

A little surprised he'd sign at this stage, but the players must have an increasing suspicion that we may well have no season this year. Best of luck to Alex, who I think has a shot at an NHL carerr.

Posted by: margolism (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 09, 2020 08:17PM

Beeeej
And the senior class for whatever season we might still have in 2020-21 gets smaller and less impressive.

Still better than all the early departures at Sucks.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 09, 2020 08:54PM

margolism
Beeeej

Still better than all the early departures at Sucks.
Speaking of, Killorn just got himself kicked out of game 2.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: September 10, 2020 07:31AM

scoop85
A little surprised he'd sign at this stage, but the players must have an increasing suspicion that we may well have no season this year. Best of luck to Alex, who I think has a shot at an NHL carerr.

True, there may be no college hockey this upcoming season. But there's also a good chance that there may not be a professional hockey season. They certainly can't play the season like they are doing the playoffs. And I think it's even less likely that the AHL will play.

If those don't happen, what will the former college players do. I guess they could come back to school and finish their degree, but then what's the point?

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 10, 2020 10:16AM

Jim Hyla
scoop85

True, there may be no college hockey this upcoming season. But there's also a good chance that there may not be a professional hockey season. They certainly can't play the season like they are doing the playoffs. And I think it's even less likely that the AHL will play.

If those don't happen, what will the former college players do. I guess they could come back to school and finish their degree, but then what's the point?

Far more likely we'd have pro hockey before college hockey IMO

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 10, 2020 12:24PM

scoop85
Jim Hyla
scoop85

yeah, i mean they can do it like the nba bubble and since they get paid it's "worth" it for the players.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.44.98.30.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: September 12, 2020 09:57PM

FWIW, the Phantoms are selling season tickets for 20-21. Whether they actually play the games, is a whole other story.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: September 21, 2020 07:33AM

ugarte
scoop85
Jim Hyla
scoop85

yeah, i mean they can do it like the nba bubble and since they get paid it's "worth" it for the players.

All teams in Orlando for a whole season, or whatever they decide to call a season?

Even doing a "whole" season in Canada would be very difficult.

And then you've got the AHL, where he most likely lands. How do they work that out. I doubt it makes financial sense to try and bubble those teams.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.44.98.30.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: September 21, 2020 01:35PM

Jim Hyla
ugarte
scoop85
Jim Hyla
scoop85

All teams in Orlando for a whole season, or whatever they decide to call a season?

And then you've got the AHL, where he most likely lands. How do they work that out. I doubt it makes financial sense to try and bubble those teams.

The Phantoms are selling season tickets for the season based on playing the games at home. Probably won't happen, but they're aren't letting on.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 21, 2020 01:54PM

Jim Hyla
ugarte
scoop85
Jim Hyla
scoop85

I'm pretty sure they are depending on fatigue. Unless somebody stops them the leagues will open it up to fans and start killing folks. It's our brand now as a society, might as well make some bucks off it.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: September 22, 2020 06:07AM

Jim Hyla

FWIW, the DEL (Germany) just announced that they're going to play a full season, but starting two months later and ending one month later than usual. But everything is still in doubt, and the clubs don't want to play with the attendance restrictions they're probably going to have to deal with. Switzerland has already been playing exhibition games before mostly-empty arenas for a month or so.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 25, 2020 12:37PM

jtwcornell91
Jim Hyla

FWIW, the DEL (Germany) just announced that they're going to play a full season, but starting two months later and ending one month later than usual. But everything is still in doubt, and the clubs don't want to play with the attendance restrictions they're probably going to have to deal with. Switzerland has already been playing exhibition games before mostly-empty arenas for a month or so.
They should sign players from Brown and Princeton. Ease the onboarding process.

When did HR come up with that term? I still have trouble with it.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: September 25, 2020 01:56PM

billhoward
jtwcornell91
Jim Hyla

They should sign players from Brown and Princeton. Ease the onboarding process.

When did HR come up with that term? I still have trouble with it.

The captain of the club here in Frankfurt is Adam Mitchell, Colgate '05.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login