Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

PU @ CU

Posted by Jim Hyla 
PU @ CU
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: March 09, 2020 07:46AM

Around the ECAC: Cornell Men’s Hockey Will Face 11 Seed Princeton in Quarterfinals

Re: PU @ CU
Date: March 10, 2020 07:42AM

Wow, the IJ comes thru.

Top-ranked Cornell University men's hockey team takes big goals into postseason

I love how the CU discussion is about men and women, but nothing from the IJ about the women.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2020 10:52AM

Jim Hyla
Wow, the IJ comes thru.

Top-ranked Cornell University men's hockey team takes big goals into postseason

I love how the CU discussion is about men and women, but nothing from the IJ about the women.

Actually a solid article.

Posted by: KenP (137.75.68.---)
Date: March 10, 2020 02:18PM

FYI in case people are scared to keep up with the coronavirus thread... There will be no fans at Lynah this weekend.

How will remind their goalie that It's All His Fault? cuss

Date: March 11, 2020 07:28AM

Sun: Hockey Teams Prepare for Playoff Games in Empty Lynah Rink: ‘This is Obviously Something That We Can’t Control’

USCHO: This Week in ECAC Hockey: Princeton opens playoffs sweeping Dartmouth, Cornell next as Tigers ‘going to give it our best effort’ By Mark Divver -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2020 07:29AM by Jim Hyla.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 11, 2020 10:16AM

I think it would be cool if they allowed one fan per section. It would be funny. It would be a throwback to the old tradition of "auditions" at Lynah which has sadly fallen by the wayside.

Imagine one person in the exact middle of each section holding up a newspaper. Now THAT is performance art.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2020 10:17AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 11, 2020 01:35PM

Trotsky
I think it would be cool if they allowed one fan per section. It would be funny. It would be a throwback to the old tradition of "auditions" at Lynah which has sadly fallen by the wayside.

Imagine one person in the exact middle of each section holding up a newspaper. Now THAT is performance art.

+100

But ...

I heard they're giving players 3 spectator passes each. Since so many of our player are from Canada, family members probably won't be able to get past ICE and The Wall. So the players can give them away locally, to their friends. This might be enough for 1-2 people per section. (Even it it were only family.)

On a related topic, what NC$$ or Ivy rules would players break if they sold their passes? How much could they sell them for? Has anyone checked Craig's List yet?

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: March 11, 2020 01:51PM

Swampy
Trotsky

+100

But ...

I heard they're giving players 3 spectator passes each. Since so many of our player are from Canada, family members probably won't be able to get past ICE and The Wall. So the players can give them away locally, to their friends. This might be enough for 1-2 people per section. (Even it it were only family.)

On a related topic, what NC$$ or Ivy rules would players break if they sold their passes? How much could they sell them for? Has anyone checked Craig's List yet?
Would be great if each player could give 1 of their 3 to a Pep Band member to help provide some atmosphere.

Date: March 11, 2020 01:51PM

Trotsky

I posted this on the PU @ CU thread, but it deserves re-posting here.

Posted by: French Rage (---.mediazone.com)
Date: March 11, 2020 02:03PM

jkahn
Swampy
Trotsky

+100

But ...

Would be great if each player could give 1 of their 3 to a Pep Band member to help provide some atmosphere.

No. Going on Trotsky's idea, just a single pep band member in section A. I will let the band choose with instrument. I say think outside the box and go with a hurdy-gurdy.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.44.98.30.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: March 11, 2020 02:04PM

French Rage
jkahn
Swampy
Trotsky

+100

But ...

No. Going on Trotsky's idea, just a single pep band member in section A. I will let the band choose with instrument. I say think outside the box and go with a hurdy-gurdy.

Cowbell.

Posted by: osorojo (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: March 11, 2020 02:23PM

Cowbell SOLO!

Date: March 11, 2020 02:51PM

osorojo
Cowbell SOLO!

Now if our administration had the foresight of Q's, then we would have a sound system that pipes in muzak too.

Also, won't it be hilarious to have Q's scoreboard say, "Make Some Noise!" to an empty arena?

Posted by: French Rage (---.mediazone.com)
Date: March 11, 2020 02:56PM

osorojo's made two non-douchey posts in a row. Might this become a trend?

Date: March 11, 2020 02:57PM

Swampy

Now if our administration had the foresight of Q's, then we would have a sound system that pipes in muzak too.

Also, won't it be hilarious to have Q's scoreboard say, "Make Some Noise!" to an empty arena?

The news scoreboard pipes in commercials. I believe that they played music two weeks ago during warmups when the band wasn't ready and during the women's game.

So it should be possible.

Posted by: marty (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2020 03:12PM

French Rage

He's obviously infected.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 11, 2020 03:51PM

French Rage
The cowbell solo post is one of the funniest I've read here in a while.

Posted by: abmarks (209.107.190.---)
Date: March 11, 2020 07:35PM

French Rage
jkahn
Swampy
Trotsky

+100

But ...

I've reached out to the pep band through the bands alumni association asking what the pep band has been told re the games. Will post when I get a response.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 11, 2020 08:28PM

abmarks
French Rage
jkahn
Swampy
Trotsky

+100

But ...

I've reached out to the pep band through the bands alumni association asking what the pep band has been told re the games. Will post when I get a response.

Last I saw was a provisional yes followed by some greater urgency from university to get kids off campus, which suggested a no was coming.

Posted by: ugarte (---.sub-174-202-0.myvzw.com)
Date: March 11, 2020 08:39PM

Chris '03
abmarks
French Rage
jkahn
Swampy
Trotsky

+100

But ...

Last I saw was a provisional yes followed by some greater urgency from university to get kids off campus, which suggested a no was coming.
there is no way the only person they let in the game is a kid walking around and blowing in a tuba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2020 08:39PM by ugarte.

Posted by: getred (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2020 08:44PM

The “no” came this afternoon from the administration: “...the pep band will not be allowed to play or attend, as a group, the remaining hockey games this season. This restriction includes our home games this weekend and future games away.”

Posted by: Weder (192.72.255.---)
Date: March 11, 2020 09:08PM

And there it is ... Cornell gets a bye to Lake Placid

Posted by: RichH (---.sub-174-250-50.myvzw.com)
Date: March 11, 2020 09:12PM

Weder

**Jumps over the eGlass of eLynah to eCelebtate**

Date: March 11, 2020 09:14PM

RichH
Weder

Sorry, not allowed. You might get a computer virus.

Posted by: RichH (---.sub-174-250-50.myvzw.com)
Date: March 11, 2020 09:26PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
RichH
Weder

Classes are online? My fandom is online.

Sorry, not allowed. You might get a computer virus.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2020 11:38PM

Weder

Man, getting a top 2 seed was really key this year!

(I say that like there will still be a tournament...)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login