Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

2020 ECAC Playoff Possibilities Stuff

Posted by jtwcornell91 
2020 ECAC Playoff Possibilities Stuff
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: February 19, 2020 03:06AM

I think it's working now (at least it doesn't obviously crash). PM or email jtw24 if you encounter any oddities.

[www.elynah.com]
[www.elynah.com]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: 2020 ECAC Playoff Possibilities Stuff
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: February 19, 2020 07:20AM

Thanks

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 19, 2020 08:45AM

Even if CLK were to say, lose to Harvard, and we ran the table until the finale, running the script confirmed that CLK would hold the tiebreaker if they beat us in the last game and we end up with the same points. The head-to-head would be a split, but CLK would have 1 more win.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-219-29.myvzw.com)
Date: February 19, 2020 09:18AM

scoop85
Even if CLK were to say, lose to Harvard, and we ran the table until the finale, running the script confirmed that CLK would hold the tiebreaker if they beat us in the last game and we end up with the same points. The head-to-head would be a split, but CLK would have 1 more win.

Unless some weird thing happened where they pick up two or more ties on their way to that result. If they go WTTW and we go WWWL, we'd even out the win total tiebreaker.

But they have a better record against the top four, so we'd need a very strange scenario where we pass them in wins.

I don't think that's possible to do while ending up tied with them in points, so yeah. As the script says, they win the tiebreaker if they win that game.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 20, 2020 09:41AM

Dafatone
scoop85

Unless some weird thing happened where they pick up two or more ties on their way to that result. If they go WTTW and we go WWWL, we'd even out the win total tiebreaker.

But they have a better record against the top four, so we'd need a very strange scenario where we pass them in wins.

I don't think that's possible to do while ending up tied with them in points, so yeah. As the script says, they win the tiebreaker if they win that game.

JWB

Posted by: KenP (137.75.68.---)
Date: February 20, 2020 10:29AM

Swampy
Dafatone
scoop85

JWB
First time I saw JWB as a TLA.

Posted by: French Rage (---.mediazone.com)
Date: February 20, 2020 11:34AM

KenP
Swampy
Dafatone
scoop85

JWB

I saw him at FT during a showing of OAC. He was very mean to AL.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 20, 2020 11:47AM

French Rage
KenP
Swampy
Dafatone
scoop85

JWB

FFS.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 20, 2020 01:09PM

As of now, chalk in the ECACs would be:

5 RPI > 12 SLU
6 Colgate > 11 Princeton
7 Dartmouth > 10 Union
8 Yale > 9 Brown

1 Cornell > 8 Yale
2 Clarkson > 7 Dartmouth
3 Quinnipiac > 6 Colgate
4 Harvard > 5 RPI

1 Cornell > 4 Harvard
2 Clarkson > 3 Quinnipiac

1 Cornell > 2 Clarkson
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2020 01:10PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: nshapiro (192.148.195.---)
Date: February 20, 2020 01:20PM

Trotsky
French Rage
KenP
Swampy
Dafatone
scoop85

JWB

FFS.

WTF?

Posted by: redice (---.sub-174-220-16.myvzw.com)
Date: February 20, 2020 03:03PM

nshapiro
Trotsky
French Rage
KenP
Swampy
Dafatone
scoop85

JWB

FFS.

WTF?

Exactly!!

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.44.98.30.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: February 20, 2020 04:09PM

redice
nshapiro
Trotsky
French Rage
KenP
Swampy
Dafatone
scoop85

JWB

FFS.

WTF?

Exactly!!

SMH

Posted by: osorojo (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: February 20, 2020 04:41PM

Simple solution: The Red runs the table. My extensive retrofitted steep grade analysis comparing offsides to attendance proves the Red Men have the talent to do so.

Posted by: dbilmes (32.218.117.---)
Date: February 20, 2020 05:13PM

Trotsky

5 RPI > 12 SLU
6 Colgate > 11 Princeton
7 Dartmouth > 10 Union
8 Yale > 9 Brown

1 Cornell > 8 Yale
2 Clarkson > 7 Dartmouth
3 Quinnipiac > 6 Colgate
4 Harvard > 5 RPI

1 Cornell > 4 Harvard

1 Cornell > 2 Clarkson

It will be interesting to look back at this after next weekend and see how it shapes up -- at least the final standings. I'm worried about our game at Yale tomorrow night. Yale has been inconsistent, but since tying St. Lawrence three weeks ago, has played well. It tied Harvard and beat Dartmouth on the road last weekend, and the previous weekend in lost to Q in OT. If we don't beat Yale, the finale against Clarkson might not mean anything except the difference between a No. 1 and No. 2 seed in the NCAAs (which is still important -- but no bearing on ECAC seeding).

Posted by: ice (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2020 01:40PM

Trotsky

5 RPI > 12 SLU
6 Colgate > 11 Princeton
7 Dartmouth > 10 Union
8 Yale > 9 Brown

1 Cornell > 8 Yale
2 Clarkson > 7 Dartmouth
3 Quinnipiac > 6 Colgate
4 Harvard > 5 RPI

1 Cornell > 4 Harvard

1 Cornell > 2 Clarkson

I hope the ref with the broken whistle from last years ECAC final retired.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login