Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

A new low for Lynah Rink

Posted by Cop at Lynah 
A new low for Lynah Rink
Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2020 06:35PM

Last weekend the were thefts out of the visiting locker room during Saturday's game verses N. Michigan. First time in 33 years I have ever heard of thefts from a locker room in Lynah during a contest. The locker rooms in Newman Arena have had thefts on several occasions over the course of it's existence.

Re: A new low for Lynah Rink
Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 24, 2020 06:50PM

Jesus Christ. Nice planet. :-(

Posted by: French Rage (---.mediazone.com)
Date: January 24, 2020 06:50PM

There were also thefts on the ice. Galajda was stealing sure goals from them!!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Bahnstorm (107.77.76.---)
Date: January 24, 2020 06:52PM

A week ago or so Cass park got hit and all the cash in both locker rooms was taken from the beer leaguers while we were on the ice. They even took keys and stole stuff out of locked cars in the lot. Hockey rink bandit. Would be interesting to have them caught in the act by a team before turning them over to the law.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 24, 2020 06:53PM

French Rage
There were also thefts on the ice. Galajda was stealing sure goals from them!!

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: January 24, 2020 10:22PM

just how are people getting into the locker room to steal stuff during a game? they dont have anyone stationed there during the play?

Posted by: CU2007 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2020 10:34PM

That’s bad. I assume Cornell made the Northern Michigan team whole. At least I hope so.

Posted by: RichH (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 27, 2020 08:08PM

upprdeck
just how are people getting into the locker room to steal stuff during a game? they dont have anyone stationed there during the play?

It's just mind-boggling and embarrassing. It makes us look like an understaffed joke of an organization. Athletics, facilities, and/or security/police really need to answer for this. I have my own opinion, considering we can't seem to host a lax regional, always seem to let the opposing university do the hosting duties for the MSG hockey game, put out amateurish promotional videos, and otherwise just look like a bunch of buffoons when it comes to presenting a modern collegiate image. Thank goodness our student athletes are making me proud in the ways they can.

Posted by: Swampy (184.170.253.---)
Date: January 27, 2020 10:34PM

RichH
upprdeck

It's just mind-boggling and embarrassing. It makes us look like an understaffed joke of an organization. Athletics, facilities, and/or security/police really need to answer for this. I have my own opinion, considering we can't seem to host a lax regional, always seem to let the opposing university do the hosting duties for the MSG hockey game, put out amateurish promotional videos, and otherwise just look like a bunch of buffoons when it comes to presenting a modern collegiate image. Thank goodness our student athletes are making me proud in the ways they can.

Do you think this applies to just Cornell athletics p, or do you think the problem runs wider than that?

Posted by: RichH (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 28, 2020 04:46PM

Swampy
RichH
upprdeck

Do you think this applies to just Cornell athletics p, or do you think the problem runs wider than that?

I really don't know. Who do you think should own the responsibility for ensuring Lynah's locker room facilities aren't pillaged during a game?

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: January 28, 2020 06:06PM

solve the problem with 1 camera in the hall. refs could take a look during the 5-6 breaks they take to figure out incorrectly whats a major and a minor..

Posted by: ice (---.pennnet.nat.upenn.edu)
Date: January 28, 2020 06:48PM

Nest cams are not expensive.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: ice (---.pennnet.nat.upenn.edu)
Date: January 28, 2020 06:49PM

CU2007
That’s bad. I assume Cornell made the Northern Michigan team whole. At least I hope so.

Ditto.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 29, 2020 06:42AM

upprdeck
solve the problem with 1 camera in the hall. refs could take a look during the 5-6 breaks they take to figure out incorrectly whats a major and a minor..

Are you sure that the refs don't use those opportunities to pillage? rolleyes

Posted by: marty (---.sub-174-220-1.myvzw.com)
Date: January 29, 2020 09:02AM

ursusminor
upprdeck

I thought the Murphy twins retired.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: January 29, 2020 10:33AM

ursusminor
upprdeck

I managed to capture Feola on closed circuit.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2020 10:33AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 30, 2020 08:46AM

For privacy reasons you can't put a security cam in the locker room. And if we did, visitors would assume the ghost of Ned Harkness was listening in to the pregame strategy talk. But you could have a camera facing the visiting-team door. There probably are, or will be, protests against cameras on campus in public places. The NYT article about facial recognition being on the cusp of watching then ID'ing and tracking a billion people in China is chilling.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: January 30, 2020 11:27AM

we have cameras all over campus in public places.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2020 01:22AM

Trotsky
ursusminor
upprdeck

I managed to capture Feola on closed circuit.

I thought it was NCHC refs at the Vegas tourny?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 31, 2020 08:00AM

upprdeck
It's a way to make Cornell students from China feel more at home.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 31, 2020 08:18AM

billhoward
upprdeck
It's a way to make Cornell students from ChinaBritain feel more at home.
FYP

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login