Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Fortress Invitational

Posted by Swampy 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Fortress Invitational
Posted by: adamw (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 07, 2020 10:46AM

Trotsky
blackwidow
Cannot help but wonder how likely it is for Barron to go pro after this season. I so badly want him to stay :/

It only makes sense for him to stay if the Rangers have some super bottleneck and tell him to.

There is zero chance the Rangers tell him to. They wouldn't want to risk losing him to free agency. Barron could choose to (I doubt it), but the Rangers won't tell him to.

Re: Fortress Invitational- 5:30 Pacific
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: January 07, 2020 01:27PM

redice
Jim Hyla
USCHO's TMQ Column with the following quote.

And this:

Paula
I agree with both Leaman and Schafer. Have the teams play until there’s a winner during in-season tournament play. I know that fans find a shootout thrilling, but they find fighting thrilling, too, and no one is making an argument for more fighting in college hockey just to make the game more exciting to fans.

I must be the exception. I don't find fighting OR shootouts to be thrilling! Shootouts are an abomination to hockey. This is a team game; shootouts are individual efforts. It makes no sense!

I don't find fighting thrilling, nor any other positive feeling. However shootouts can be exciting, if not really thrilling. (I feel sad for those that get their "thrills" from fighting or shootouts. I prefer other thrills.)

But exciting or thrilling be damned, I agree shootouts make no sense. It's far better to end up with a tie in a midseason tourney, where the game went on for so long that both coaches agree that quitting and calling it a draw made more sense. That was exciting.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: January 07, 2020 01:50PM

I was at the Canadians game sat night and it was pretty clear in that crowd that the majority wanted to see a shootout..
i think shootouts are fun and exciting but i dont want to see tourney final decided by one unless they played at least 1 period of real hockey.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-219-137.myvzw.com)
Date: January 07, 2020 02:29PM

I'm probably just anxious, but an endless overtime in a game that doesn't matter would just cause me to stress out about potential injuries.

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.IPYX-102276-ZYO.zip.zayo.com)
Date: January 07, 2020 02:41PM

Dafatone
I'm probably just anxious, but an endless overtime in a game that doesn't matter would just cause me to stress out about potential injuries.
yes. this. if *all* games play to a conclusion, sure. but "Fortress Invitational" does not carry enough emotional weight with me to care if they get to skate a lap with the Pai Gow Chalice if the game is still tied after 65 minutes.

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 07, 2020 02:48PM

scoop85
Jim Hyla

Jim
It was ironic to me that the two teams that play in a league without 3-on-3 overtime or shootouts ended up playing in such a situation for the tournament’s championship. I will say that neither coach – Providence’s Nate Leaman and Cornell’s Mike Schafer – enjoyed the title game being decided in a shootout. Both said they would have preferred playing overtime until there was a winner.

And this:

Paula
I agree with both Leaman and Schafer. Have the teams play until there’s a winner during in-season tournament play. I know that fans find a shootout thrilling, but they find fighting thrilling, too, and no one is making an argument for more fighting in college hockey just to make the game more exciting to fans.

Which is why the championship game should be the 2nd game. Let them play to a winner.

+1

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 07, 2020 02:51PM

upprdeck
I was at the Canadians game sat night and it was pretty clear in that crowd that the majority wanted to see a shootout..
i think shootouts are fun and exciting but i dont want to see tourney final decided by one unless they played at least 1 period of real hockey.

They probably wanted to see a shootout because that's what they're used to seeing in that league......

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: January 07, 2020 05:22PM

scoop85
Jim Hyla

Jim
It was ironic to me that the two teams that play in a league without 3-on-3 overtime or shootouts ended up playing in such a situation for the tournament’s championship. I will say that neither coach – Providence’s Nate Leaman and Cornell’s Mike Schafer – enjoyed the title game being decided in a shootout. Both said they would have preferred playing overtime until there was a winner.

And this:

Paula

Which is why the championship game should be the 2nd game. Let them play to a winner.

+1

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 07, 2020 06:05PM

redice
upprdeck

They probably wanted to see a shootout because that's what they're used to seeing in that league......

Shootouts can be exciting, just never for a championship, in season or end of season.

Posted by: mountainred (---.dr01.chtn.wv.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 07, 2020 09:10PM

Dafatone

Could be worse, the World Cup used to make teams come back the next day to replay the game if it was a knockout round.

Posted by: osorojo (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: January 08, 2020 09:45AM

Shootouts are entertaining. Have a shootout at the beginning of the game and then play the game. If the teams are tied at the end of regulation the team which won the shootout is the loser since shootout goals are bogus hockey.Everybody goes home happy.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: January 08, 2020 12:25PM

I tried to cancel the monthly renewal of my FloHockey account, just to be sure, and the site did not accept my email/pwd. I have sent them a direct email to cancel and confirm. Anyway, you others who used the service might want to try same.

Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 08, 2020 04:06PM

I canceled mine with no problem this afternoon

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: January 09, 2020 05:29PM

Trotsky
I tried to cancel the monthly renewal of my FloHockey account, just to be sure, and the site did not accept my email/pwd. I have sent them a direct email to cancel and confirm. Anyway, you others who used the service might want to try same.

Notify your bank. That will get Flo's attention!

Date: January 10, 2020 06:06PM

Swampy
Trotsky

Notify your bank. That will get Flo's attention!
that's a pain in the ass for everyone. they have good customer service response in my experience.

Posted by: cu155 (104.247.132.---)
Date: January 10, 2020 08:36PM

Looks like debate over shady Flowrestling subscription tactics is leaking to elynah ;)....they could make it easier to cancel.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 10, 2020 09:21PM

cu155
Looks like debate over shady Flowrestling subscription tactics is leaking to elynah ;)....they could make it easier to cancel.

I posted at the time I did this, to try to help others, but I canceled literally within a minute of when I bought the subscription. I knew I didn't need it beyond the month, and canceling at purchase time still gave me the month, of course.

Edit: My post from earlier in this thread:
andyw2100
I also just purchased a month of Flo access. I then immediately looked for a way to prevent the next monthly charge. The way to accomplish this is to cancel your subscription. On the last screen before cancellation it warns that you will lose access after February 3, which is fine. (I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose access immediately.)

There's no reason not to cancel immediately. If for some reason you change your mind and want to continue after a month you can just subscribe again. It's a better approach than forgetting about it and being hit with a $30 charge because you forgot you had started a recurring payment subscription.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2020 09:22PM by andyw2100.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 10, 2020 09:33PM

cu155
lol

Date: March 06, 2020 04:04PM

andyw2100
I also just purchased a month of Flo access. I then immediately looked for a way to prevent the next monthly charge. The way to accomplish this is to cancel your subscription. On the last screen before cancellation it warns that you will lose access after February 3, which is fine. (I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose access immediately.)

There's no reason not to cancel immediately. If for some reason you change your mind and want to continue after a month you can just subscribe again. It's a better approach than forgetting about it and being hit with a $30 charge because you forgot you had started a recurring payment subscription.

So in spite of the action I recommended above, and took myself, I just noticed that Flohockey charged my credit card the following two months! I'll be contacting them now to demand refunds.

I'm posting this as a warning to any of you who may also be being charged and may not be noticing it, because you knew you had canceled.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2020 04:15PM

andyw2100
andyw2100

So in spite of the action I recommended above, and took myself, I just noticed that Flohockey charged my credit card the following two months! I'll be contacting them now to demand refunds.

I'm posting this as a warning to any of you who may also be being charged and may not be noticing it, because you knew you had canceled.

I politely asked for a refund and pointed out that:
1) I had thought I canceled the service immediately.
2) If I didn't in fact cancel this was due to the many steps on the web confusing me.
3) I never signed on after I watched those two games (not even to record the cheerleaders for posterity).

They immediately agreed to post a credit which I did receive.

Date: March 06, 2020 04:37PM

marty

2) If I didn't in fact cancel this was due to the many steps on the web confusing me.
3) I never signed on after I watched those two games (not even to record the cheerleaders for posterity).

Thanks, Marty.

I tried to call, but eventually got a message stating they couldn't answer my call, and suggesting that I leave a message or contact them through their website. I did then contact them through their website, noting that I had canceled immediately, and offering to show them my posts here which support that. I also pointed out that they could see that until today, when I logged in to make sure the subscription really was canceled, I had not logged in since the Fortress Invitational.

I received an auto-response, with a case number, so I then responded to that with a couple of screenshots of my posts.

I can't imagine they will give me a hard time.

Thanks!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2020 04:37PM by andyw2100.

Date: March 06, 2020 05:33PM

andyw2100
marty

Thanks, Marty.

I tried to call, but eventually got a message stating they couldn't answer my call, and suggesting that I leave a message or contact them through their website. I did then contact them through their website, noting that I had canceled immediately, and offering to show them my posts here which support that. I also pointed out that they could see that until today, when I logged in to make sure the subscription really was canceled, I had not logged in since the Fortress Invitational.

I received an auto-response, with a case number, so I then responded to that with a couple of screenshots of my posts.

Thanks!
my experience is they will not. busy time at flo right now because they are covering a LOT of wrestling this weekend.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: March 06, 2020 08:04PM

well worth it to keep it going with lots of other hockey to watch since then and tonight the wrestling matches were on to watch

Date: March 07, 2020 01:45PM

andyw2100

Thanks!

They have responded by email to say they have issued credits.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2020 01:51PM

andyw2100
andyw2100

Thanks!

They have responded by email to say they have issued credits.

It is a weird model to make it near impossible to do what you and I attempted only to give us refunds when we ask.

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login