Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Nipissing

Posted by scoop85 
Nipissing
Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 20, 2019 01:24PM

Neither Donaldson or Haiskenan are in the lineup today. I haven’t heard that Haiskenan hasn’t fully recovered from last year’s scary injury, and hopefully nothing serious with Donaldson.

Re: Nipissing
Date: October 20, 2019 01:28PM

Also not playing today are Malott, Kaldis, Leahy and Stienburg

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 20, 2019 04:10PM

6-2 in the third.

Date: October 20, 2019 04:35PM

6-2 final. While Nipissing’s defense was, shall we say, soft, it’s apparent that we have the deepest group of forwards that I can remember, and that’s even without Donaldson or Stienberg playing today. Barron and Andreev were dominant in the 1st period, and the freshmen Malone, Berard, and the Tukper twins all looked like they belonged. Of the new guys on defense Malinski particularly stood out, as he had a terrific stretch pass on Andreev’s goal.

Certainly still a lot to work on. The U.S. Under 18 team should be a sterner test next week.

Posted by: Bahnstorm (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 20, 2019 05:49PM

That new scoreboard seems impressive, but I wonder if it is going to make it through the season in its current iteration, another big crack looks to have appeared after the deflection bounced off it in the third adding to the preseason damage.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 20, 2019 07:35PM

scoop85
6-2 final. While Nipissing’s defense was, shall we say, soft, it’s apparent that we have the deepest group of forwards that I can remember, and that’s even without Donaldson or Stienberg playing today. Barron and Andreev were dominant in the 1st period, and the freshmen Malone, Berard, and the Tukper twins all looked like they belonged. Of the new guys on defense Malinski particularly stood out, as he had a terrific stretch pass on Andreev’s goal.

Certainly still a lot to work on. The U.S. Under 18 team should be a sterner test next week.

I was impressed with Malone's passing and then some.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.102.132.76.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: October 20, 2019 07:49PM

scoop85
Also not playing today are Malott, Kaldis, Leahy and Stienburg

I saw the pictures from the R&W game, and Malott was wearing a yellow practice sweater. He's not ready for full contact according to someone who was at the game.

Can't speak about any of the others.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: October 20, 2019 08:06PM

some really nice passing. some rookie mistakes on D especially allowing 2 short handed goals.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 21, 2019 12:15AM

some problems finishing around the net which is definitely a weird thing to say after scoring six but nipissing is not a good team. the two goals we gave up were ridiculous but i don't think they happen against a team the blueline respects more.

Date: October 21, 2019 06:41AM

ugarte
some problems finishing around the net which is definitely a weird thing to say after scoring six but Nipissing is not a good team. the two goals we gave up were ridiculous but i don't think they happen against a team the blueline respects more.

Not to mention that several of our more experienced D-men weren't playing.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: October 21, 2019 10:33AM

I caught the very end of the game and Jason was quite high on "many of the freshmen" but he didn't elaborate. Besides Malone who else looked good?

I'm very happy to see Andreev back there and on the scoreboard. If we can get a breakout season from him and one other, particularly on the blue line (Cairns?), I think we can be an impressive squad.

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.IPYX-102276-ZYO.zip.zayo.com)
Date: October 21, 2019 11:04AM

Trotsky
I caught the very end of the game and Jason was quite high on "many of the freshmen" but he didn't elaborate. Besides Malone who else looked good?
Berard and Malinsky both played well. The Tupkers did good work too, but let some easy ones get away. Dirven seemed to be around the action a lot. Song is unlikely to dress for non-exhibition action.

Date: October 21, 2019 03:15PM

ugarte
Trotsky
Berard and Malinsky both played well. The Tupkers did good work too, but let some easy ones get away. Dirven seemed to be around the action a lot. Song is unlikely to dress for non-exhibition action.
It is very, very strange to hear the name "Dirven!" yelled for Cornell again.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: October 21, 2019 09:52PM

I think this is as good a collection of passing freshmen as we have had in awhile.. whether that works out when the D gets tougher we will see in a few weeks. Didnt really see much to see how much speed/skating we have but the kids were in high value spots all night and really looking for the good pass for quality chances.

Date: October 22, 2019 12:03PM

Trotsky
ugarte
Trotsky

I don't remember that. Who was the other Dirven?

Posted by: nshapiro (192.148.195.---)
Date: October 22, 2019 12:33PM

Pretty funny that a guy name Jeff cant figure it out.

Date: October 22, 2019 01:54PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
ugarte
Trotsky

I don't remember that. Who was the other Dirven?
Geoff Dervin. The townie girls loved him. I don't know if it was reciprocated.

Date: October 22, 2019 01:56PM

nshapiro
Also funny given his graduating year. Dervin was a big part of those teams, alongside Baikie, Gallant, Kerling and the inimitable Johnny "Beg pardon I appear to have run my stick through your groin" Olds.

Date: October 22, 2019 01:58PM

upprdeck
I think this is as good a collection of passing freshmen as we have had in awhile.. whether that works out when the D gets tougher we will see in a few weeks. Didnt really see much to see how much speed/skating we have but the kids were in high value spots all night and really looking for the good pass for quality chances.
Somewhere, Jiri Kloboucek clears his throat.

We shall see.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2019 02:01PM by Trotsky.

Date: October 22, 2019 02:16PM

Trotsky
nshapiro
Also funny given his graduating year. Dervin was a big part of those teams, alongside Baikie, Gallant, Kerling and the inimitable Johnny "Beg pardon I appear to have run my stick through your groin" Olds.

When I put his first name with it, it does ring a bit of a bell. The other guys I remember for sure along with Joey Gallant, Gage and Geiger, and of course Heyward and Eliot.

But to be honest that 81-82 season was eminently forgettable, and apparently, I forgot most of it. thud

Date: October 22, 2019 02:21PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
nshapiro

When I put his first name with it, it does ring a bit of a bell. The other guys I remember for sure along with Joey Gallant, Gage and Geiger, and of course Heyward and Eliot.

But to be honest that 81-82 season was eminently forgettable, and apparently, I forgot most of it. thud
It was my freshman year so it is completely unforgettable to me.

That offense was amazing: 52 points for Cullen as a freshman. 6 goals vs UNH and BC, 7 at BU, 8 at Northeastern. That team was a lot of fun.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: October 22, 2019 02:54PM

Trotsky
upprdeck

It's about time he clears something.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: October 22, 2019 04:00PM

Beeeej
Trotsky
upprdeck

It's about time he clears something.

Ryan Hughes edges towards door, trying to look casual.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 22, 2019 04:01PM

Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
nshapiro

That offense was amazing: 52 points for Cullen as a freshman. 6 goals vs UNH and BC, 7 at BU, 8 at Northeastern. That team was a lot of fun.

My freshman year too. Those were some wild games.

Date: October 22, 2019 04:30PM

scoop85
Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
nshapiro

There was no defense which is how you are first team AA in goal with a save percentage in the .890s.

Date: October 22, 2019 04:40PM

Trotsky
scoop85
Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
nshapiro

There was no defense which is how you are first team AA in goal with a save percentage in the .890s.

Having seen the Nethery-Tredway era in my first few years, including three visits to the Gahden and one to the NCAA final four, 81-82 was a disappointment. But Having not seen the previous years, I can understand why that year was "attractive."

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 22, 2019 06:53PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
scoop85
Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
nshapiro

Having seen the Nethery-Tredway era in my first few years, including three visits to the Gahden and one to the NCAA final four, 81-82 was a disappointment. But Having not seen the previous years, I can understand why that year was "attractive."
Yeah, I just missed Tredway and Nethery, dammit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login