Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell - Providence

Posted by ugarte 
Cornell - Providence
Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 30, 2019 09:51PM

So, it appears we have a game tomorrow.

Re: Cornell - Providence
Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 30, 2019 10:03PM

NE finished ahead of Prov, lets hope that means something and that the title goes thru Hockey east

Posted by: Swampy (---.cl.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 11:48AM

Big debate over on the Cornell-Northeastern thread over how unfair it is for Providence (the #4 seed) to have the advantage over Minnesota State (the #1 seed) by playing what amounts to a home game.

Well, according to CHN average attendance at PC games this season has been 2,319 or 76.5% of capacity. Meanwhile, for Cornell the respective numbers are 3,594 and 83.6%. The CHN table doesn't allow sorting of the columns, and I'm too lazy to do it. So it's hard to rank teams either by average attendance or average % of maximum. Besides, a quick glance suggest one ought to control for the size of the city in which the home rink is located and how isolated it is. This would allow adjusting for the casual big-city drop-ins ("Hey, Maw, tonight let's take the kids to see something called 'hockey'" ) and those who can't find any better alternatives than castrating pigs.

But in any case, I hope this evening Cornell fans will show the world that we "travel well," and to make noise, we don't need the game to be in our backyard.Go Red! banana

Posted by: Anne 85 (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 11:52AM

Swampy
But in any case, I hope this evening Cornell fans will show the world that we "travel well," and to make noise, we don't need the game to be in our backyard.Go Red! banana
I know there were people who couldn't make the 1R but were planning on the QF. I hope we have a good turnout tonight. There were a ton of scalpers so there should be no problem with tickets, particularly with all those Northeastern people back at home.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 11:58AM

There were certainly a lot of Providence sweaters and other kit at the rink yesterday. I think events like this bring the alumni and locals out of the woodwork, even if it's not castrating pigs. woot

Also have to wonder if the Northeastern fans cheered for Providence because of league alliances, and with them eliminated the pro-Providence crowd might be smaller.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.sub-174-202-1.myvzw.com)
Date: March 31, 2019 12:04PM

Anne 85
I know there were people who couldn't make the 1R but were planning on the QF.

Count my family of 5 among those. Stars aligned and we're on our way. LGR!

Date: March 31, 2019 12:05PM

Cornell Crowd will grow a bit as well Prov crowd.

I have to think most of the NE will not show up some so of that support will lesson.

Minn st, not sure how many came or will come if they flew in.

Would not be surprised if its 70/30 Prov but could be closer to 60/40.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2019 12:05PM by upprdeck.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 01:07PM

Is Galajda still definitely out, or will we find out later?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: March 31, 2019 01:08PM

Nevermind, saw this: [www.bostonherald.com]

Posted by: osorojo (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: March 31, 2019 04:30PM

What is Cornell's record this year when the opponent scores the first goal? I worry.

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2019 04:52PM

Is anyone getting WHCU's audio feed off the internet? It seems to be down here, through two different devices.

Posted by: andyw2100 (208.168.230.---)
Date: March 31, 2019 04:52PM

How was the Providence goal not a high stick?

Posted by: cuhockey93 (73.61.15.---)
Date: March 31, 2019 05:16PM

Did McGrath have these issues with rebounds earlier in the year? Just about every shot has resulted in a juicy rebound for the Friars.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 31, 2019 05:41PM

I really hate the "no distinct kicking motion" rule.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 05:46PM

jtwcornell91
And his skate was clearly moving in the direction of the goal, so if that isn't a distinct kicking motion, what is? It clearly wasn't a deflection off the skate.

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-202-2.myvzw.com)
Date: March 31, 2019 05:50PM

At the Dunk. You know it’s going to be a rough day when the freakin Dinkin Donuts Center has no donuts. Seriously the Red haven’t shown up. Very disappointing. Little zone time sloppy in front of net. Loose with the puck. As above, Austin seems to have forgotten how to control rebounds. At Lynch this would still be a 3-0 game. A real no show so far.

Posted by: abmarks (64.9.247.---)
Date: March 31, 2019 05:50PM

jkahn
jtwcornell91
And his skate was clearly moving in the direction of the goal, so if that isn't a distinct kicking motion, what is? It clearly wasn't a deflection off the skate.

It was a redirection, not a kick

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 31, 2019 05:51PM

jkahn
jtwcornell91

His body was moving in the direction of the goal; presumably, if his skate was moving a little faster than the rest of his body, that would've been a distinct kicking motion.

Regardless, that goal is not the difference in this game. We're getting outplayed, being way too tentative, and making bad decisions.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: cuhockey93 (73.61.15.---)
Date: March 31, 2019 06:08PM

So you can sell beer at NCAA Hockey Tournament games? What was the deal last year then?

Posted by: LGR14 (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 06:10PM

abmarks
jkahn
jtwcornell91

A redirection is when the player uses the momentum of the puck to direct it toward the goal. The puck here was going away from the goal and then went in. That's a kick.

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 06:11PM

Beeeej
jkahn
jtwcornell91

His body was moving in the direction of the goal; presumably, if his skate was moving a little faster than the rest of his body, that would've been a distinct kicking motion.

Regardless, that goal is not the difference in this game. We're getting outplayed, being way too tentative, and making bad decisions.
Agreed. Having lots of trouble completing passes.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.tmodns.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 06:30PM

Leaman-style hockey in a nutshell *facepalm*

Regardless, it sure didn't look like this year's team would get this far, so it was certainly a nice surprise
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2019 06:35PM by Iceberg.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-219-23.myvzw.com)
Date: March 31, 2019 06:35PM

Oh well. Heck of a year to do as well as we did, given the injuries. Galajda probably makes a few more saves early and changes the complexion of the whole thing.

We could be iffy next year if we can't replace the defensemen we're losing.

Posted by: abmarks (64.9.247.---)
Date: March 31, 2019 06:40PM

LGR14
abmarks
jkahn
jtwcornell91

A redirection is when the player uses the momentum of the puck to direct it toward the goal. The puck here was going away from the goal and then went in. That's a kick.

Heh? A kick requires a "kicking motion". It has nothing to do with puck direction towards or away from net. The announcement in the arena was "no distinct kicking motion x for bleeps sake.

Posted by: BigRedHockeyFan (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 07:04PM

Wilkins directed the puck with his skate. Watch the end of the video. I would call it no goal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2019 07:06PM by BigRedHockeyFan.

Posted by: LGR14 (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 07:04PM

So if there was no kicking motion, how did a puck traveling away from the net have enough momentum to travel back toward the net from the top of the crease?

Old, but here: [nypost.com]. The guy's skate provided the inertia that propelled the puck into the net.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2019 07:06PM by LGR14.

Date: March 31, 2019 07:09PM

The first goal.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 07:14PM

LGR14
So if there was no kicking motion, how did a puck traveling away from the net have enough momentum to travel back toward the net from the top of the crease?

Old, but here: [nypost.com]. The guy's skate provided the inertia that propelled the puck into the net.

My understanding is that you can provide the inertia. You just can't make a kicking motion, as in move your skate / swing your lower leg so that it looks like you're kicking. If you keep your ankle locked, you can more or less slide into the puck with your skate and push it in.

That being said, I think this one was close to a kicking motion (you can see the skate tip backwards as he hits it) but it's very close.

Date: March 31, 2019 07:16PM

Cornell on the first power play. Almost.

Date: March 31, 2019 07:20PM

Almost in the 3rd:

Date: March 31, 2019 07:40PM

As I told my SIL after the game, the loss can't be blamed on fluke goals or officiating...We got our butts whipped... It's time to move on..

We'll miss them in Buffalo, but we'll be there anyway! Perhaps we'll bump into Ben Scrivens!!

-Ned Harkness

Posted by: Scersk '97 (32.210.48.---)
Date: March 31, 2019 07:58PM

upprdeck
NE finished ahead of Prov, lets hope that means something and that the title goes thru Hockey east

Yeah, Providence blew a home quarterfinal to BC. Besides playing at home, basically, they looked enormously fresher than Mankato or we did.

I'll reiterate what I've said before and elsewhere:

Teams that blow quarterfinal series shouldn't be in the national tournament. Can't make the final four of your league? Stay home—not to rest, but rather for the rest of the season.

Posted by: Anne 85 (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 08:19PM

We were outplayed in the QF. Overall I am extremely happy with the season and proud of the team.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2019 08:25PM

Anne 85
We were outplayed in the QF. Overall I am extremely happy with the season and proud of the team.

My feelings as well. Overcame so much to get to today, and nothing to hang their heads about. FWIW, Schafer said after the game McGrath has been playing hurt and will have surgery next week.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (32.210.48.---)
Date: March 31, 2019 08:29PM

scoop85
FWIW, Schafer said after the game McGrath has been playing hurt and will have surgery next week.

Jesus. I guess all this misfortune finally ends.

One hopes the hockey gods might smile on us after this season.

Date: March 31, 2019 08:30PM

The "distinct kicking motion" was directed at the rear of Cornell's breezers.

Date: March 31, 2019 08:41PM

Scersk '97
scoop85
FWIW, Schafer said after the game McGrath has been playing hurt and will have surgery next week.

Jesus. I guess all this misfortune finally ends.

One hopes the hockey gods might smile on us after this season.

Indeed, a tough year and a tough group of guys.

-Ned Harkness

Posted by: ChipJ (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 09:27PM

I did not care for the extreme caution as we tried to get the puck out of our end. It seemed as though we just held the puck FOREVER and then tried long half-ice passes that mostly did not connect. I don't even understand the strategy behind that.

Date: March 31, 2019 09:31PM

osorojo
The "distinct kicking motion" was directed at the rear of Cornell's breezers.

such shade
so wit

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 09:31PM

ChipJ
I did not care for the extreme caution as we tried to get the puck out of our end. It seemed as though we just held the puck FOREVER and then tried long half-ice passes that mostly did not connect. I don't even understand the strategy behind that.
It looked to me like Providence shut off all the other options and trapped us in the neutral zone whenever we tried to break out or carry up ice.

Date: March 31, 2019 09:34PM

ChipJ

Seemed to me whoever was holding the puck behind our net was waiting for a line change to finish. Meanwhile, PC set up its forecheck and made it difficult for us to clear the zone.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-219-23.myvzw.com)
Date: March 31, 2019 09:52PM

Swampy
ChipJ

Seemed to me whoever was holding the puck behind our net was waiting for a line change to finish. Meanwhile, PC set up its forecheck and made it difficult for us to clear the zone.

I don't think we had success when we pushed the puck up ice quickly, either.

More dump and chases might've worked, but that's never an exciting option.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 10:39PM

Just walked in the door after my 3 hour drive of shame. Looks like everything's been covered here. But to add insult to original insult was the closing chant of "This is our house!" Yeah, we know.

Date: April 01, 2019 06:44AM

Some photos of the second goal.

The initial shot by Dugan was blocked by McGrath. Bjorkgvist took the rebound and shot it from up close; that was also blocked by McGrath. The rebound for the second shot went across the crease toward Wilkins.

Photos:
1) The puck bounces in the crease under Kaldis
2) The flattened puck moves toward the top of the crease as Wilkins skates in. He is a left handed shot and the puck is to his right.
3) Wilkins starts to rotate his skate to gather in the puck. His stick is not well positioned for a shot.
4) Wilkins further rotates his skate.
5) The puck is blocked from view by Wilkins right skate. He is dragging the puck along the ice with his skate. His forward momentum is bringing the puck toward the goal line. Donaldson is trying to slow him down.
6) The puck is pushed toward the goal line. It's blurry in this photo.
7) The puck is past McGrath. Wilkins is watching it closely.
8) The puck is in the net.

Although there is no kicking motion toward the net, Wilkins scored the goal with his skate. He moved his skate to gather in the puck and then dragged it across the ice so that it went into the goal.

No goal. This isn't a soccer match.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2019 08:45AM by BigRedHockeyFan.

Date: April 01, 2019 06:45AM

2nd goal photos part 2.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2019 06:46AM by BigRedHockeyFan.

Date: April 01, 2019 06:46AM

2nd goal part 3.

Date: April 01, 2019 06:56AM

As far as the overall game went, it's true that Cornell looked fatigued. The breakouts were slow, they had trouble with PC's center ice defensive play and they were slow to the puck on the dump and chase.

But, a big part of the game is emotion. That second goal was a turning point. Change the score from 2-0 back to 1-0 and the outcome may have been different.

Thank you Brendan Smith, Matt Nuttle, Beau Starrett, Mitch Vanderlaan, Alec McCrea and the rest of the team for a great season.

Date: April 01, 2019 07:09AM

we were outplayed.. still the iron shot and the play by the D to stop the puck on the line and its a game in doubt late.. need a bit of good luck to over come being outplayed..

seemed like every save was an adventure though. first game all year where we never really came thru center with any speed

Date: April 01, 2019 08:02AM

Dafatone
LGR14

My understanding is that you can provide the inertia. You just can't make a kicking motion, as in move your skate / swing your lower leg so that it looks like you're kicking. If you keep your ankle locked, you can more or less slide into the puck with your skate and push it in.

That being said, I think this one was close to a kicking motion (you can see the skate tip backwards as he hits it) but it's very close.

I think I understand the rule, and it was probably consistently applied here. But I think the rule is crap. You are apparently allowed to deliberately direct the puck into the net with your skate, even turning your skate to aim it that way, as long as that one leg doesn't flail out by itself. It's a traveshamockery.

Date: April 01, 2019 08:38AM

Quint Kessenich‘S comments on yesterday’s ESPN broadcast makes an extremely convincing case for not allowing teams, other than perhaps host teams, to play NCAA tournament games in their home cities.

On one hand, although PC had to stay at a hotel, before going there Saturday evening the team went back to campus and used a newly installed athletic “rest-and-recuperation” facility with vaious sports-medicine devices designed to help accelerate an athlete’s recuperation between games. I would assume that, while there, they and the coaches also used their facilities to treat minor injuries, to review film, to correct mistakes and bad habits, etc.

Meanwhile, Cornell stayed at a hotel that suffered a fluke accident and was without electricity for three hours.

Whether or not this gave PC an unfair advantage is besides the point. The point is that such unilateral access to specialized sports facilities very possibly can provide unfair advantages.

At the very least, from two days before the event a local school should be prohibited from using any local facilities that other teams in the event either (a) do not also have access to or (b) would not benefit from equally because of unfamiliarity, effectiveness that increases with repetition, etc.

But given the separate issue of unfair fan support, I’d like to see non-host schools be required to play somewhere other than their home city and prohibited from returning there for the duration of the event.

Attendance be damned.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 01, 2019 10:06AM

Game drew 5,231, leaving 9,100 empty seats. If we lost 3-2 in overtime we'd have a case to complain about home-town advantage. If the NCAA adjusts seedings or regional placements slightly to help attendance, Cornell is going to benefit more than many teams by being placed somewhere driveable. There were a LOT of yellow high school buses helping PC students get to and from the game.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.sub-174-203-4.myvzw.com)
Date: April 01, 2019 10:25AM

billhoward
Game drew 5,231, leaving 9,100 empty seats. If we lost 3-2 in overtime we'd have a case to complain about home-town advantage. If the NCAA adjusts seedings or regional placements slightly to help attendance, Cornell is going to benefit more than many teams by being placed somewhere driveable. There were a LOT of yellow high school buses helping PC students get to and from the game.

A student on one such bus apparently yelled "Cornell is for nerds!" after the game. My (non-CU) wife heard it, not me, or I would have thanked him for the compliment.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 01, 2019 11:03AM

Greenberg '97
billhoward

A student on one such bus apparently yelled "Cornell is for nerds!" after the game. My (non-CU) wife heard it, not me, or I would have thanked him for the compliment.
If Providence was any good, like a junior-grade BC, it would have an active Hillel foundation. As in, "You went to BC Law? I didn't know you were Jewish."

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 01, 2019 05:12PM

billhoward

Bill, I can't quite understand what you are trying to say here. It seems like you have multiple points, but they are all in the same paragraph.

I'll try and respond, as I see it.

It's not that we would have won if this game was somewhere else. It's that it's inherently unfair to give a team whatever advantage they could get. That's especially true when it's the lower seeded team. There's a reason the B-Ball games are all on neutral sites. That makes it fair. I understand that hockey can't draw the same crowds and so I can give the host school the advantage. They put up the guarantee and did the leg work. PU did nothing.

I don't see how Cornell is going to have an advantage more than any of the other dozens of eastern teams that are in easy driving distance of the common regional sites. If some Minnesota team feels it's unfair, they have a couple of choices. Move their campus to a more densely populated area, or put up and host a regional.

The hs buses only reinforce the point that PC should not have been there.

Posted by: nshapiro (192.148.195.---)
Date: April 01, 2019 05:17PM

cuhockey93
Did McGrath have these issues with rebounds earlier in the year? Just about every shot has resulted in a juicy rebound for the Friars.

At Princeton we were joking that he screwed up and was wearing two blockers.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.102.132.76.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: April 01, 2019 06:51PM

Although I only saw 7 games this year, one thing I saw in several of them was that we had a lot of trouble with a really strong forecheck. And that was pretty freakin' obvious yesterday.

Date: April 01, 2019 07:04PM

I did not see the game - a mixed blessing. What, if any, observable changes in strategy did Cornell use to capitalize on the width of the ice?

Date: April 01, 2019 07:09PM

osorojo
I did not see the game - a mixed blessing. What, if any, observable changes in strategy did Cornell use to capitalize on the width of the ice?

In Providence the ice size is NHL standard. It's the home of the Providence Bruins.

Date: April 02, 2019 01:05AM

billhoward
Greenberg '97
billhoward

If Providence was any good, like a junior-grade BC, it would have an active Hillel foundation. As in, "You went to BC Law? I didn't know you were Jewish."

PC doesn’t have a law school. Or much else at the graduate level. In terms of academics, it’s not in the same league as BC or ND. Maybe a safety school to them, tho that’s a bit of a stretch too.

Posted by: abmarks (64.9.251.---)
Date: April 02, 2019 01:31AM

billhoward
Greenberg '97
billhoward

WTF? Do explain that please @billhoward

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: April 02, 2019 03:54AM

Two points:

1. Rejuvention spas aside, Providence got to watch Cornell play a game and figure out a strategy that would work against us. They succeeded.
2. WTF is up with their mascot. Is it designed to inflict psychological harm on the vulnerable?

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.37.26.69.virtela.net)
Date: April 02, 2019 08:08AM

Roy 82
Two points:

1. Rejuvention spas aside, Providence got to watch Cornell play a game and figure out a strategy that would work against us. They succeeded.
2. WTF is up with their mascot. Is it designed to inflict psychological harm on the vulnerable?

yeah, that mascot got a lot of comments at the rink, too.

And why do they need two mascots? They also had a guy in a Dalmatian costume.

Date: April 02, 2019 08:27AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Roy 82
Two points:

Human mascots are universally creepy. This is known.

I was wondering if the Dalmatian was some sort of HOCKEY-L reference for us old-timers.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: April 02, 2019 08:59AM

Jesus fuck, any of you guys go to Sunday school?

It falls to the atheist to explain their own history to Christians. As usual.

"Domini canes." Get it?
Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2019 09:06AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (161.185.161.---)
Date: April 02, 2019 09:04AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Roy 82
Two points:

My 2-year-old had strong opinions on those two. She referred to the Friar as "Flag" because he had been carrying it on the ice.

"Me scared Flag!"

But since the dog avoided those of us in red, she was very sad the whole ride home. All she wanted was to say hi to him, and he was only a few seats away from us:

"No me hi puppy right there!"

Posted by: Killer (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 02, 2019 09:40AM

Yeah, that thing was freaky. Like some sort of hybrid between the Scream movies and Pumpkinhead.

Date: April 02, 2019 10:05AM

Passing the puck is a lot easier and faster than carrying it. The larger the ice surface the further defenders have to skate - IF the attacking team spreads out and passes the puck.

Date: April 02, 2019 10:40AM

Trotsky

"Domini canes." Get it?

Who are you calling a Christian? My family lost its religion in my parent's generation. (Dad: Catholic -> Atheist, Mom: Episcopalian -> "spiritual" ) ";)

ETA: I guess I maybe should have known from The Name of the Rose. The Dominicans were the good guys and the Benedictines the bad guys in that one, right? I remember that the protagonists (Connery and Slater in the movie) were Franciscans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2019 10:43AM by jtwcornell91.

Date: April 02, 2019 10:54AM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky

"Domini canes." Get it?

Who are you calling a Christian? My family lost its religion in my parent's generation. (Dad: Catholic -> Atheist, Mom: Episcopalian -> "spiritual" ) ";)

ETA: I guess I maybe should have known from The Name of the Rose. The Dominicans were the good guys and the Benedictines the bad guys in that one, right? I remember that the protagonists (Connery and Slater in the movie) were Franciscans.

The Big Bad in TNOTR, if we're not counting John XXII, is Bernardo Gui, a Dominican.

The Franciscans are the peace, love, poverty hippies. The Benedictines (Adso, the Abbey) are the neutrals. The real good guys are Fra Dolcino (except he's dead already) and the Joachamites and especially the Apostolics ("Poenitentiam agite!" ) because they butchered the rich.

They know what they did.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2019 10:58AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.ipyx-102276-zyo.zip.zayo.com)
Date: April 02, 2019 10:55AM

abmarks
billhoward
Greenberg '97
billhoward

it's a joke about jews attending a catholic university

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: April 02, 2019 03:03PM

Trotsky

"Domini canes." Get it?

Thanks! I needed that.

Maybe that stuff about the burning torch and heretics explains why PC has no Hillel.

Date: April 02, 2019 08:54PM

ugarte
abmarks
billhoward
Greenberg '97
billhoward

Not sure "joking" that a law school isn't any good without a bunch of Jews attending is in remotely good form. (And I say this even having dated three different Jewish women over the years who were BC law grads.)

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 02, 2019 09:24PM

abmarks
ugarte
abmarks
billhoward
Greenberg '97
billhoward

Not sure "joking" that a law school isn't any good without a bunch of Jews attending is in remotely good form. (And I say this even having dated three different Jewish women over the years who were BC law grads.)
sorry i've already given him a pass the beit din has spoken.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 02, 2019 11:36PM

abmarks
ugarte
abmarks
billhoward
Greenberg '97
billhoward

To be fair, he was only identifying Jews with law students on probability. He wasn't saying they were any good.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2019 11:37PM by Trotsky.

Date: April 03, 2019 03:59AM

Trotsky
abmarks
ugarte
abmarks
billhoward
Greenberg '97
billhoward

To be fair, he was only identifying Jews with law students on probability. He wasn't saying they were any good.

Umm, Trotsky, nice try but that would be a fail. He only said "If Providence was any good, like a junior-grade BC, it would have an active Hillel foundation. "

Date: April 03, 2019 08:23AM

I feel like we're getting into "Jerry Seinfeld's dentist" territory here...

Date: April 03, 2019 08:47AM

jtwcornell91
No. There are people here who are funny.

Date: April 03, 2019 08:48AM

abmarks
Umm, Trotsky, nice try but that would be a fail. He only said "If Providence was any good, like a junior-grade BC, it would have an active Hillel foundation. "
Lighten up, Francis. Twas a joke. About a joke.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: April 03, 2019 05:09PM

jtwcornell91

To hell with Seinfeld - we need a little Foster

Date: April 03, 2019 07:01PM

marty
jtwcornell91

To hell with Seinfeld - we need a little Foster
I had somehow not seen this. Brilliant. Thank you.

#seinfeldsucks

Date: April 04, 2019 08:00PM

Trotsky

"Domini canes." Get it?

Well, thank you for explaining it to us Jews.

Date: April 07, 2019 07:44PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky

"Domini canes." Get it?

Well, thank you for explaining it to us Jews.
Now that's not something you hear often.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login