Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Rideshare to Providence

Posted by HeafDog 
Rideshare to Providence
Posted by: HeafDog (---.metroe.dmarc.lga6.atlanticmetro.net)
Date: March 25, 2019 10:12AM

Figure I'd start a thread regarding rideshares for this weekend. Feel free to post here if you're looking or offering. Obviously, make sure to list all relevant details, like where you're leaving from, when you're departing, when you're returning, how many seats you have, etc.

I am putting a feeler out to see if anyone is offering a ride from NYC or northern NJ on Saturday morning. I would need a seat just for me, and would gladly chip in for gas and tolls. I do not need to get there in time for the Mankato-Providence game, as I have no dog in that fight.

Thanks!

Re: Rideshare to Providence
Posted by: Greenberg '97 (161.185.161.---)
Date: March 25, 2019 10:41AM

HeafDog
I do not need to get there in time for the Mankato-Providence game, as I have no dog in that fight.

handle/post

Also there's a Husky joke in there somewhere.

Posted by: imafrshmn (67.194.7.---)
Date: March 25, 2019 10:52AM

Greenberg '97
Can people actually attempt to make puns or jokes rather than say this, which is not itself funny?

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (161.185.160.---)
Date: March 25, 2019 10:57AM

imafrshmn
Greenberg '97
Can people actually attempt to make puns or jokes rather than say this, which is not itself funny?

Probably. But I have a dogpile of work to do. If my boss were to catch me on here, he'd bark at me.

Posted by: nshapiro (192.148.195.---)
Date: March 25, 2019 11:00AM

imafrshmn
Greenberg '97

At the travelling salesman convention, a guy goes on stage and says "41" and the crowd roars hysterically, then he says "29" and they all crack up again.

A newbie at the convention asks what is going on, and gets told that they all know the jokes so well, that they can just give the number of the joke from the list and everyone knows it.

The newbie says 'this is easy' so he goes up on stage and says '12'. He is met with dead silence. when he asks what happened they explain 'its the way you tell it'

Date: March 25, 2019 11:05AM

Poor OP just wanted a ride to a hockey game. Instead he got a lesson in bad comedy.

I'll see myself out.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)

If dss28 and I make it at all, it'll be to the Sunday regional final (and obviously only if Cornell wins on Saturday). Has anybody seen any information on what time the Sunday final would be? It doesn't seem to be on any NCAA information I've seen.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Beeeej
If dss28 and I make it at all, it'll be to the Sunday regional final (and obviously only if Cornell wins on Saturday). Has anybody seen any information on what time the Sunday final would be? It doesn't seem to be on any NCAA information I've seen.

NCAA.com bracket shows 4pm
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 11:08AM by Greenberg '97.

Date: March 25, 2019 11:08AM

Greenberg '97
Beeeej

Really? Are you looking somewhere other than [www.ncaa.com] ?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 25, 2019 11:09AM

Beeeej
Greenberg '97
Beeeej

See link to printable bracket in edited post.

Date: March 25, 2019 11:10AM

Greenberg '97
Beeeej
Greenberg '97
Beeeej

Thank you.

I wonder what moron decided to put it on the printable bracket, but not the web one? Anyway, thanks.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Swampy (---.163.128.131.dhcp.uri.edu)
Date: March 25, 2019 11:51AM

Just so people are aware, the Providence train station is within walking distance of the Dunkin Doughnuts Center, where the games will be.

There's very good Amtrak service from NY & Boston, including both Acela and regional trains (about 3 hrs from NY Penn Station, < 1 hr from Boston) and commuter rail (MBTA) to/from Boston.

Unfortunately, connections to Ithaca are not quite as good.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 11:51AM by Swampy.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: March 25, 2019 12:56PM

Greenberg '97
imafrshmn
Greenberg '97

Probably. But I have a dogpile of work to do. If my boss were to catch me on here, he'd bark at me.

I agree yu kon ask people to try but it might be ruff going.

Date: March 25, 2019 01:03PM

Roy 82
Greenberg '97
imafrshmn
Greenberg '97

Good puns are akita my success. Alaskan associate if I should continue.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2019 05:49PM

Beeeej
Greenberg '97
Beeeej
Greenberg '97
Beeeej

Thank you.

I wonder what moron decided to put it on the printable bracket, but not the web one? Anyway, thanks.

Both CHN and USCHO (which I can't get to load now) have had all the info on times since at least this AM.

CHN also has this version which has TV as well.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.102.132.76.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: March 25, 2019 09:29PM

Greenberg '97
Roy 82
Greenberg '97
imafrshmn
Greenberg '97

You make a good pointer. No fleas on you, huh?

Date: March 25, 2019 11:05PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Greenberg '97
Roy 82
Greenberg '97
imafrshmn
Greenberg '97

You make a good pointer. No fleas on you, huh?

Ah, Canadian humor. Sharp, eh?

- Steve Worona

Date: March 26, 2019 10:32AM

Nothing? Looks like I'm going to have to buy a bus ticket soon!

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nyc.gov)
Date: March 26, 2019 10:35AM

HeafDog

You mean like a Greyhound?

Date: March 26, 2019 04:55PM

Greenberg '97
HeafDog

You mean like a Greyhound?

Well played, sir. Well played.

Date: March 28, 2019 05:28PM

From the Cornell Hockey Association:

CHA
Need a ride to Providence for the NCAAs? There is room on the Big Red Pep Band bus. It will leave the Fischell Band Center at 8:00 a.m. sharp on Saturday; ETA on arrival in Providence: 3:15 p.m.

Bus will head to the Best Western in Warwick (phone number for reservations: 833-517-3776; several other hotels in walking distance) after game to drop off band; you can choose to be dropped off there.

Bus will return next day, either morning (from Warwick) or after the quarterfinal game (from Providence), depending on the team’s performance on Saturday (let’s hope later!).

$40 round trip, $25 one-way (collected when you get on).

Contact Scott Pesner at scott.pesner411@gmail.com for questions or to reserve space.

- Steve Worona

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login