Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

List of all current Band Songs?

Posted by LynahFaithful 
List of all current Band Songs?
Posted by: LynahFaithful (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: March 17, 2019 10:40PM

Tonight's win was very relieving. Cheers to everyone here on the great and well-deserved win over a very well-coached Union team! Rick Bennett certainly does an amazing job each year with the resources he's given and makes the maximum of everything he has! Honestly, I kinda wish he got the BU job a year ago because that would certainly make the ECAC a much easier conference to play in! But, the better team is moving on to Lake Placid and I'm excited to see what Cornell can pull off! Hopefully (red-hot) Brown doesn't give us trouble like last year's game against what was then a red-hot Princeton team...

Sorry for the random question, but does anyone know where I can find a current list of the songs that the band plays? I cant get some of those songs out of my head. In particular one of the songs they played tonight was released not long ago and is more of a catchy techno/dance song. I saw a Spotify playlist somewhere of some of the songs they play but it didn't include the song I have in mind. I love that they're playing some newer stuff in addition to the older and more classic songs!

Re: List of all current Band Songs?
Posted by: Scersk '97 (32.210.48.---)
Date: March 17, 2019 11:09PM

I think it’s called the Jeopardy theme.

Posted by: BMac (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2019 11:37PM

+1000

Posted by: kevdog8 (---.s3743.c3-0.43d-cbr1.qens-43d.ny.cable.rcncustomer.com)
Date: March 18, 2019 10:19PM

LynahFaithful
Sorry for the random question, but does anyone know where I can find a current list of the songs that the band plays? I cant get some of those songs out of my head. In particular one of the songs they played tonight was released not long ago and is more of a catchy techno/dance song. I saw a Spotify playlist somewhere of some of the songs they play but it didn't include the song I have in mind. I love that they're playing some newer stuff in addition to the older and more classic songs!

I believe you're referring to Every Time We Touch by Cascada, that's the most recent one they added. And on the Pep Band website (http://pepband.bigredbands.org/), click "Schedule and Media" and scroll down to a scrolling section that will rotate to a Spotify playlist I made a few years back. I'm a band alum, class of '18... :)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2019 10:21PM by kevdog8.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: March 19, 2019 02:51PM

does the cornell band have issues when they have to limit the travel band size for this event?

Date: March 20, 2019 08:48PM

Which event are you referring to? Usually no, we're pretty creative about it. We often bring a few extra people over the instrument limit, and those people have no instruments; they just make noise, are percussionists who rotate in for different songs, or they bring a mouthpiece and rotate in on the sax or something.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2019 10:00PM

kevdog8
Which event are you referring to? Usually no, we're pretty creative about it. We often bring a few extra people over the instrument limit, and those people have no instruments; they just make noise, are percussionists who rotate in for different songs, or they bring a mouthpiece and rotate in on the sax or something.
In the past we've had plenty of alums who have made guest appearances with the band at Lake Placid. It's very cool when that happens.

#jeopardynotevenonce
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2019 10:01PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2019 11:08PM

just wondered how the band deals with the 25 kid limit of players allowed to attend these games..

Posted by: RichH (159.192.222.---)
Date: March 20, 2019 11:21PM

upprdeck
just wondered how the band deals with the 25 kid limit of players allowed to attend these games..

That’s not a thing, except for NCAA tournament events. Some schools, like Yale, know about that NCAA rule and try to institute it at their own rink to prevent the CU band from dominating their building with a 40+ band. (Counting the number of instruments being carried in at the door is incredibly petty, IMO.) But there’s no “25 person band limit” rule in place for anyone but NCAA tournaments, including Lake Placid. (Unless there has been a recent change.)

Now, if the schools/venues want to limit the number of free tickets allocated to the band, that’s different. But it’s not like tickets aren’t available to people who intend to perform. I’m pretty sure most ECAC tournament games have had full bands, Clarkson, Cornell, and Harvard most notably.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2019 11:29PM by RichH.

Date: March 21, 2019 07:24AM

yea my kids band wanted to send more kids to their tourney games and the school wont allow them to actually buy tickets and send more kids than the 25 kid limit.

Date: March 21, 2019 08:29AM

As of now, the band is planning to attend both Lake Placid and the Women's Frozen Four this weekend, but it seems like they might struggle to get enough people to do both given they are both road trips and it is a stressful time of the semester for prelims and such.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: March 21, 2019 09:31AM

kevdog8
As of now, the band is planning to attend both Lake Placid and the Women's Frozen Four this weekend, but it seems like they might struggle to get enough people to do both given they are both road trips and it is a stressful time of the semester for prelims and such.

So what does that mean. Do I bring Snickers for you at LP, or not? Inquisitive minds need to know.

Date: March 21, 2019 10:19AM

RichH
upprdeck

That’s not a thing, except for NCAA tournament events. Some schools, like Yale, know about that NCAA rule and try to institute it at their own rink to prevent the CU band from dominating their building with a 40+ band. (Counting the number of instruments being carried in at the door is incredibly petty, IMO.) But there’s no “25 person band limit” rule in place for anyone but NCAA tournaments, including Lake Placid. (Unless there has been a recent change.)

This, this, and this! Our attitude, if I remember correctly given all the "culled" brain cells, was always to bring as many instruments as possible until someone tells us "no." And then bring more. We commonly swelled the band for Clarkson and Harvard at home, and I never remember going to Placid with less than 40.

Given the size of the crowds at Placid these days, NO ONE WILL CARE. Why anyone self-limits members is beyond me.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2019 10:19AM by Scersk '97.

Date: March 21, 2019 10:30AM

My kids school said no kids allowed to sit near the band and they will be checking credentials.

in an arena likely to be 95% empty

Date: March 21, 2019 10:49AM

upprdeck
My kids school said no kids allowed to sit near the band and they will be checking credentials.

Which school? Which event?

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.ipyx-102276-zyo.zip.zayo.com)
Date: March 21, 2019 10:51AM

is someone going to post a list or what

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 21, 2019 11:44AM

ugarte
is someone going to post a list or what
War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Date: March 21, 2019 02:13PM

Atlantic hockey tourney

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2019 03:20PM

upprdeck

This reminds me of when Minnesota (I think) wouldn't allow our cowbell in the arena. Somehow Jim H. got involved, but if memory serves even with Jim's diplomacy we wound up cowbell-less.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2019 03:20PM by andyw2100.

Date: March 21, 2019 04:04PM

league told the band they could bring 40 and the AD said no 25..

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2019 04:20PM

andyw2100
upprdeck

This reminds me of when Minnesota (I think) wouldn't allow our cowbell in the arena. Somehow Jim H. got involved, but if memory serves even with Jim's diplomacy we wound up cowbell-less.

Maybe a little less than real diplomacy, although I was able to get it back (after the game).

Posted by: Swampy (---.cl.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 21, 2019 05:23PM

andyw2100
upprdeck

Another example of discrimination against bovines. Maybe things would have gone better if the bell came from a Cow with gun. Or things could have been worse, some asshole could have sued you for $250 M, claiming the cowbell was defamatory.

Date: March 21, 2019 08:11PM

upprdeck
league told the band they could bring 40 and the AD said no 25..

Many schools' ADs and others use this mythical 25-person rule as a means to cut costs. It's pathetic.

Date: March 21, 2019 09:47PM

band wanted to pay for the trip and they were not allowed too..

Date: March 21, 2019 11:14PM

upprdeck
band wanted to pay for the trip and they were not allowed too..

This I can not explain. Fun died some time ago. When was it? I don't know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login