Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

atlantic hockey

Posted by upprdeck 
atlantic hockey
Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 05, 2019 07:22AM

Interesting that Sacred Heart booked their arena for next weekend so the home playoff games vs RIT are being moved to mid week. I was told this did not sit well with many at RIT as it makes it almost impossible for any fans and the band to attend the event. Not sure why the league allowed it. Seems like the could have done a thurs/sat/sun thing if nothing else.

Re: atlantic hockey
Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 05, 2019 10:15AM

upprdeck
Interesting that Sacred Heart booked their arena for next weekend so the home playoff games vs RIT are being moved to mid week. I was told this did not sit well with many at RIT as it makes it almost impossible for any fans and the band to attend the event. Not sure why the league allowed it. Seems like the could have done a thurs/sat/sun thing if nothing else.
Yeah, I don't get why the league permitted it either -- that's really rinky dink. Should have told them: "find another site for the weekend or we'll hold it at RIT."

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: March 05, 2019 10:28AM

Could also have played early friday, had their comedy show. then move the other hockey game to a bit earlier and played an 8pm game sat and then sunday as needed.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2019 11:37AM

upprdeck
Could also have played early friday, had their comedy show. then move the other hockey game to a bit earlier and played an 8pm game sat and then sunday as needed.

The fact that Sacred Heart apparently scheduled a comedy show the 1st playoff weekend (I assume the dates have been long known) is itself a comedy show.

FYI, Bobby Valentine (yes, THE Bobby Valentine) is the Sacred Heart AD

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 05, 2019 12:15PM

Sacred Heart plays in 10,000-seat Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport. Enough to fit the student body in twice over. How about using SHU's old rink? Or the crappy one Quinnipiac used to use before the new $50M hilltop center? I believe this is the previous SHU arena. Love the last part of the old-rink descriptor:

Wikipedia
Milford Ice Pavilion is a 1,000-seat skating rink in Milford, Connecticut. It is home to the Milford Indians co-op high school team, and Sacred Heart University Pioneers men's ice hockey team. The building opened in 1975 and was renovated in 1985. It also serves several local hockey high school and club level teams. It has been the home of the Sacred Heart hockey program since its inception in 1993.

Its sister facility was the Northford Ice Pavilion in North Branford, Connecticut. However, ownership of the Milford Ice recently changed and the two facilities no longer are related (except for the snack bars). [emphasis added]

Posted by: Swampy (---.cl.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 05, 2019 01:36PM

billhoward
Sacred Heart plays in 10,000-seat Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport. Enough to fit the student body in twice over. How about using SHU's old rink? Or the crappy one Quinnipiac used to use before the new $50M hilltop center? I believe this is the previous SHU arena. Love the last part of the old-rink descriptor:

Wikipedia
Milford Ice Pavilion is a 1,000-seat skating rink in Milford, Connecticut. It is home to the Milford Indians co-op high school team, and Sacred Heart University Pioneers men's ice hockey team. The building opened in 1975 and was renovated in 1985. It also serves several local hockey high school and club level teams. It has been the home of the Sacred Heart hockey program since its inception in 1993.

Its sister facility was the Northford Ice Pavilion in North Branford, Connecticut. However, ownership of the Milford Ice recently changed and the two facilities no longer are related (except for the snack bars). [emphasis added]

Who got custody of the Snickers?

Posted by: kevdog8 (---.s3743.c3-0.43d-cbr1.qens-43d.ny.cable.rcncustomer.com)
Date: March 05, 2019 06:46PM

Having been to the Northford Ice Pavilion in North Branford, Connecticut... a sister facility to that would be nowhere near the level of a college hockey playoffs facility, even for Atlantic Hockey.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 05, 2019 11:34PM

Trotsky
upprdeck
Yeah, I don't get why the league permitted it either -- that's really rinky dink. Should have told them: "find another site for the weekend or we'll hold it at RIT."

Oh wow, I had no idea this was happening, just that RIT, by finishing 5th, had managed to land in the donut hole of no home playoff series (too high to play in the first round, and too low to host the quarterfinals). They should definitely make SHU play at RIT if they can't provide a rink on the standard game nights, and I'm not just saying this because it would give me a chance to take Siddharth to a playoff hockey game at the Polisseni Center. :-D

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 07, 2019 09:27PM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky
upprdeck

Oh wow, I had no idea this was happening, just that RIT, by finishing 5th, had managed to land in the donut hole of no home playoff series (too high to play in the first round, and too low to host the quarterfinals). They should definitely make SHU play at RIT if they can't provide a rink on the standard game nights, and I'm not just saying this because it would give me a chance to take Siddharth to a playoff hockey game at the Polisseni Center. :-D

One thing that makes the current plan of Wed-Thu-Fri games at SHU more palatable to RIT is that next week is our Spring Break. So student fans can actually make the road trip, student athletes don't have to miss classes, and attendance would probably be down if they had the series at RIT anyway.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: March 08, 2019 11:36AM

because it is breaK RITS kids will likely not be attending anyway, but i do know because of the mid week game the band will not be going as planned.

attendance was always gonna be light, but few RIT fans taking 2-3 days off from work for sure.

511 people showed up for the homes games 3 weeks ago vs RIT vs almost 2000 at RIT..

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 11, 2019 10:00AM

Only the NCAA says student athlete, I thought. Eventually it'll be elevated to scholar athlete.

Date: March 11, 2019 10:06AM

heard that some of the higher ups at RIT had rearranged schedules to be around for the weekend trip no matter where it was and support the team.. mid-week games messed that up and some very senior people at the school not happy the way this all played out.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2019 10:32PM

that whole playing mid week thing is working out well.. 300 at tonights game

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2019 10:44PM

upprdeck
that whole playing mid week thing is working out well.. 300 at tonights game
The games have been hilarious:

Wed: Sacred Heart, 9-4
Thu: RIT, 7-3

Composite score by periods after 2 games:
RIT 5 2 4 - 11
SHU 3 5 4 - 12

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2019 10:44PM by Trotsky.

Date: March 15, 2019 08:03AM

rit outshot by almost 20 each game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login