Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Dartmouth Game time changed

Posted by Cop at Lynah 
Dartmouth Game time changed
Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2019 03:16PM

Been told Saturday's game versus Dartmouth will be at 3:00 pm
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2019 03:17PM by Cop at Lynah.

Re: Dartmouth Game time changed
Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: January 17, 2019 03:44PM

Cop at Lynah
Been told Saturday's game versus Dartmouth will be at 3:00 pm
Whoa, thanks!

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: January 17, 2019 04:17PM

interesting its not on the changes that put out on the web site yet, the weather forecast is pretty bad for late in the day.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 17, 2019 07:11PM

school just confirmed the game time change

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 18, 2019 12:41AM

A lot of weekend games have been moved up or canceled. The women's basketball game is at 11am so there is enough time for the men to get their end of the doubleheader in before the storm.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: January 18, 2019 09:23AM

could be an interesting crowd.

wonder how kids will be stranded this weekend with all the flights cancelled already.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 18, 2019 02:56PM

upprdeck

wonder how kids will be stranded this weekend with all the flights cancelled already.

As a parent of a student, I received the following email from Ryan Lombardi, Vice President Student and Campus Life earlier today:

--

Dear Parents,

Earlier today, I sent the following message to students regarding an approaching winter storm. As your student prepares to return to campus, please encourage them to exercise caution and avoid undue risks.

Sincerely,
Ryan Lombardi
Vice President, Student and Campus Life

Dear Cornell Students,
Cornell is closely monitoring an approaching storm that will bring snow, high winds and severe cold to upstate New York over the weekend. Blowing snow and icy roads are expected to make travel throughout the region difficult.

At this time, the university is expected to maintain normal operations and resume instruction on Tuesday, Jan. 22. While students are expected to make reasonable efforts to return to campus, it is more important that you are safe – even if that means arriving to campus later than you originally anticipated. Faculty are aware that flexibility may be necessary on Tuesday. Please use your best judgment in deciding whether conditions on your route are safe enough for travel.

Based on current storm path projections, travel prior to 2 p.m. Saturday may be optimal. If you are not able to arrive on campus by early Saturday afternoon, please continue to monitor the storm closely and determine whether you should delay your travel until Monday. The Cornell Campus-to-Campus bus and Coach USA ShortLine have already cancelled bus service for Sunday, Jan. 20. It is likely that other services, including air travel, will be significantly impacted over the weekend. On-campus athletic events scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 19 are being moved to earlier in the afternoon, and all athletic events on Sunday, Jan. 20 have been cancelled.

Crews will be working throughout the storm to maintain safe conditions as students return to campus. You can check the university operating status at emergency.cornell.edu, or by calling the Inclement Weather phone at 607-255-3377.

Again, please exercise caution when traveling and avoid undue risks. Whether you are already on campus or soon to be in transit, make sure to dress appropriately for extreme cold. Sturdy winter boots, layers of warm clothing, gloves and a hat will be essential this weekend.

Sincerely,

Ryan Lombardi
Vice President, Student Campus Life

Stay Informed

If there is a change to the university operating status, all members of the campus community will be notified by a CornellALERT email. Alerts and updates can be found at emergency.cornell.edu or via the Inclement Weather phone, 607-255-3377. To receive text or voice alerts on your phone, go to How to Receive CornellALERT Messages.

As a reminder, overnight parking is restricted to designated areas through April 1 – when it’s snowing, or snow is forecast – to facilitate plowing and snow removal. For a list of overnight parking areas, visit: [fcs.cornell.edu].

Posted by: CU2007 (---.sub-174-203-10.myvzw.com)
Date: January 18, 2019 09:40PM

Hopefully Andreev (I think it was him) is able to play tomorrow after probably the most dangerous hit from behind I’ve ever seen

Date: January 18, 2019 10:15PM

looked like broken arm possibly or sprain. didnt act like collarbone

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: January 19, 2019 12:03AM

CU2007
Hopefully Andreev (I think it was him) is able to play tomorrow after probably the most dangerous hit from behind I’ve ever seen
The Sun says that Schafer says it's bad.

Cornell could not convert on an abbreviated power play to open the third period but was awarded a bittersweet chance on the man-advantage moments later. Highly-productive freshman center Max Andreev absorbed a brutal hit from Harvard’s Adam Baughman. Andreev immediately left the ice holding his right shoulder/collarbone area and did not return to the game.
Friday was a physical game, highlighted by freshman center Max Andreev suffering what is expected to be a long-term injury.

Early prognosis on Andreev is that it will be a lengthy injury, Schafer said, and with it comes the loss of yet another center. Schafer said freshman Michael Regush will slot back in the middle Saturday against Dartmouth after doing so earlier in the season, and without the availability of junior forward Jeff Malott, freshman Zach Bramwell will most likely re-enter the lineup at wing. Sophomore defenseman Alex Green will also not be available to return on Saturday, Schafer said.

Posted by: BearLover (---.sub-174-220-0.myvzw.com)
Date: January 19, 2019 01:29AM

Looked like a serious upper arm/shoulder injury as he skated off the ice. Would anyone like to baselessly speculate as to whether we'll see him again this season? Andreev is a great player.

Posted by: Swampy (---.cl.ri.cox.net)
Date: January 19, 2019 08:13AM

BearLover
Looked like a serious upper arm/shoulder injury as he skated off the ice. Would anyone like to baselessly speculate as to whether we'll see him again this season? Andreev is a great player.

Real shame/disgrace to have this happen by a cheap shot. Meanwhile, despite the major penalty, Dartmouth has replaced Harvard in the list of most penalized teams.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 19, 2019 09:16AM

David Harding
CU2007
The Sun says that Schafer says it's bad.

Cornell could not convert on an abbreviated power play to open the third period but was awarded a bittersweet chance on the man-advantage moments later. Highly-productive freshman center Max Andreev absorbed a brutal hit from Harvard’s Adam Baughman. Andreev immediately left the ice holding his right shoulder/collarbone area and did not return to the game.
Friday was a physical game, highlighted by freshman center Max Andreev suffering what is expected to be a long-term injury.

Early prognosis on Andreev is that it will be a lengthy injury, Schafer said, and with it comes the loss of yet another center. Schafer said freshman Michael Regush will slot back in the middle Saturday against Dartmouth after doing so earlier in the season, and without the availability of junior forward Jeff Malott, freshman Zach Bramwell will most likely re-enter the lineup at wing. Sophomore defenseman Alex Green will also not be available to return on Saturday, Schafer said.

I think this may result in a suspension for Baughman.

Date: January 19, 2019 09:29AM

one thing from last night i noticed was that it seemed like every D got at least one rush with speed that he was able to turn the Harvard D into a dangerous scoring chance. harvard created very few solid chances thru center ice. they were able to cut off some poor decision long passes and a couple of bounce plays on dump ins but other than that they really just tried to throw the puck into crowds all night.. Cornell generated a ton a rush chances and cycle chances and really hard work..

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 19, 2019 06:30PM

The "Sun" article doesn't mention the injury to Mullin. He was on crutches with the other non-dressed players at the scoreboard end of the rink today for the Dartmouth game.

Last night, as he was coming off the ice after being injured, basically dragging one leg, and after having made a couple of failed attempts to even make it to his skates before that, one of the Harvard players took a cheap shot at him, just before Mullin made it to the bench. This was well behind the play. I'm guessing none of the refs saw it, as I can't think of anything much more "unsportsmanlike" than trying to hit an obviously injured player who is struggling to make it to the bench.

I was really sorry to see Mullin on crutches today.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2019 06:41PM by andyw2100.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 19, 2019 08:20PM

andyw2100

I thought Mullin came back in the Harvard game after the injury. Am I nuts?

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 19, 2019 09:34PM

ugarte
andyw2100

I thought Mullin came back in the Harvard game after the injury. Am I nuts?

No, you're not. After seeing him in such pain, I couldn't believe he returned to action so quickly.

Date: January 19, 2019 09:56PM

yeah he played multiple shifts.. he was hit with a puck i thought. could have swelled up i suppose or been too sore to play once the adrenaline went away.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login