Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

2019-20 Schedule

Posted by Jim Hyla 
2019-20 Schedule
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: January 01, 2019 07:53AM

Here it is. All times are 7:00 unless otherwise stated (at least the best that I could find)

As in the past if you have info about errors, post it and I’ll update this.

Attached is the ECAC schedule, minus the traveling partners.
Cornell 2019-20 Schedule

Fri Oct 18 Red/White
Sun Oct 20 Nipissing University (Ex) 2:00
Sat Oct 26 U.S. NTDP Under-18 Team (Ex)
Fri Nov  1 @ MSU
Sat Nov  2 @ MSU
Fri Nov  8 Brown
Sat Nov  9 Yale
Fri Nov 15 @ Clarkson
Sat Nov 16 @ SLU
Fri Nov 22 Quinnipiac
Sat Nov 23 Princeton
Sat Nov 30 BU @ MSG 8:00
Fri Dec  6 @ Harvard
Sat Dec  7 @ Dartmouth

Fri Jan  3 Fortress Invitational
              5:00 Army-Providence 8:30 CU-OSU
Sat Jan  4 Fortress Invitational 
              5:30 Consolation & Championship
Fri Jan 10 @ RPI
Sat Jan 11 @ Union
Fri Jan 17 NMU
Sat Jan 18 NMU
Fri Jan 24 Dartmouth
Sat Jan 25 Harvard 
Fri Jan 31 @ Quinnipiac
Sat Feb  1 @ Princeton
Fri Feb  7 Colgate
Sat Feb  8 @ Colgate
Fri Feb 14 Union
Sat Feb 15 RPI
Fri Feb 21 @ Yale
Sat Feb 22 @ Brown
Fri Feb 28 SLU
Sat Feb 29 Clarkson

Fri-Sun Mar 6-8 ECAC Prelims
Fri-Sun Mar 13-15 ECAC Quarters
Fri Mar 20 ECAC Semis @ Lake Placid
Sat Mar 21 ECAC Finals @ Lake Placid

Fri-Sat Mar 27-28 Regionals NE @ Worcester & W @ Loveland 
Sat-Sun Mar 28-29 Regionals E @ Albany & MW @ Allentown         

Thu Apr  9 NCAA Semis @ Little Caesars Arena, Detroit
Sat Apr 11 NCAA Finals @ Little Caesars Arena, Detroit

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2019 08:18AM by Jim Hyla.

Re: 2019-20 Schedule
Date: January 01, 2019 03:52PM

For those interested I've just added the ECAC Composite schedule.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 01, 2019 05:15PM

Thanks, Jim.
RPI has to reschedule a game again vs. Harvard so they can have only one game before the Beanpot. We seem to have become a fixture in that capacity.

Posted by: wakester2468 (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: January 01, 2019 06:40PM

Is there something in the works regarding a Las Vegas tournament next year?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 01, 2019 08:14PM

wakester2468

Read my original post. I don't know anything more than it was discussed. I think from the people that I heard it from, it's a go, but you don't know till someone announces it.

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: January 01, 2019 10:56PM

Jim Hyla
wakester2468

Read my original post. I don't know anything more than it was discussed. I think from the people that I heard it from, it's a go, but you don't know till someone announces it.
This coming weekend, 1/4, 1/5 is the 2nd annual Las Vegas tournament. So if we are in it next year, it would most likely be in the 1/3, 1/4 slot. We do have return series yet to play with at MSU, at ASU and home vs. NMU, so one of those would have to be deferred a year if we play in the tournament and the 29 game max isn't changed. I suspect it would be one of the road series that got deferred.

Date: January 02, 2019 07:22AM

Not sure the team would do both an ASU trip along with Las Vegas in the same year. So it wouldn't surprise me
if the ASU games were deferred for a year. That along with the fact that I don't see MSU not being reciprocated and thus
Northern Michigan is a must to have at least two non conference games (not counting exhibitions} at Lynah. Too much lost ticket revenue.
The flaw I see is the extended break similar to this year. Seems too long.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: January 02, 2019 01:28PM

I think the NC will be the same, with venues flipped and BU.

Unless the Ivies finally go to 10 NC, he hoped.

35 years of prayers and counting.

Posted by: arugula (---.s2163.c3-0.avec-cbr2.nyr-avec.ny.cable.rcncustomer.com)
Date: April 01, 2019 07:21AM

I think yesterday shows the weakness of our OOC. I guess it’s hard to get home and homes but we should be playing NCHC and HEA and Big 10 more. And not Merrimack and Miami
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2019 08:14AM by arugula.

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 01, 2019 10:18AM

170 days until next season begins....

-Ned Harkness

Date: April 01, 2019 01:01PM

arugula
I think yesterday shows the weakness of our OOC. I guess it’s hard to get home and homes but we should be playing NCHC and HEA and Big 10 more. And not Merrimack and Miami
Yeah, we sure looked weak Saturday.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2019 01:06PM

Trotsky
arugula
Yeah, we sure looked weak Saturday.
And against one of those tough Hockey East teams we need to get on the schedule so we can play better...against tough Hockey East teams.

Posted by: arugula (38.109.75.---)
Date: April 02, 2019 04:57PM

OK, my apologies, we looked great Sunday and everything's perfect. My bad. Why again is a tougher schedule a bad idea? It's hard to do?

Date: April 02, 2019 05:21PM

We explained the challenges to you. Nobody said it was a "bad idea."

Sloppy reasoning and twitter rhetoric works on some sites. Not here. Consider your audience, stop being lazy in your arguments and your strawman construction, and we may all get something out of these exchanges. But we aren't your baby sitters -- if you're talking tripe you're going to either be corrected or ignored. So far it's the former.

Date: April 02, 2019 05:33PM

Six insults in three lines. Pretty efficient. Don't know about other Boards or Twitter-don't participate. My bad reasoning is home grown-no assistance needed! As to "correcting or ignoring," this is opinion, not math--no correcting needed.

I'll ignore the ad hominems and just continue to hope we play a tougher schedule.

Date: April 02, 2019 05:44PM

arugula
OK, my apologies, we looked great Sunday and everything's perfect. My bad. Why again is a tougher schedule a bad idea? It's hard to do?
Now you really are acting "silly." No one said "we looked great on Sunday." No one said "a tougher schedule is a bad idea." People said--rather clearly, I might add--you can't just wish it and have it happen. You need a Minnesota, or a Duluth, or a Denver, or a BC, or a Providence to fit you into their schedule and to agree to come to Lynah in a home-and-home.

And the team looked damn good Saturday against a team that had won eleven of its last twelve games against Hockey East teams, tied for second with Providence in the league's regular season standing, and won the league's year-end tournament. Neither you nor I know what may have been behind the seemingly disappointing showing the following day against a team with a comparable season's record.

Date: April 02, 2019 05:48PM

arugula
Six insults in three lines. Pretty efficient.
When you get old you learn economy of motion.

Date: April 02, 2019 05:58PM

I'm not suggesting that we wish it and it will magically happen. I'm just curious whether it's something the program seeks. Not that long ago, we had Colorado College, when they were good, for a home and home. That seems equivalent to a Denver. Penn State seems like a good fit--easy trip, low cost. The series in recent years with the Merrimacks and the Huntsvilles and even Michigan State or Miami makes me wonder if the program wants the tougher opponents. And the complete dearth of HE opponents is just a head scratcher for me. I obviously don't know what the thinking or the discussions or the logistics are. Maybe the return of a holiday tournament remedies this a bit. Mostly just frustrated. I should've appreciated Niuewendyk more....

Date: April 02, 2019 06:02PM

arugula
I'm not suggesting that we wish it and it will magically happen. I'm just curious whether it's something the program seeks. Not that long ago, we had Colorado College, when they were good, for a home and home. That seems equivalent to a Denver. Penn State seems like a good fit--easy trip, low cost. The series in recent years with the Merrimacks and the Huntsvilles and even Michigan State or Miami makes me wonder if the program wants the tougher opponents. And the complete dearth of HE opponents is just a head scratcher for me. I obviously don't know what the thinking or the discussions or the logistics are. Maybe the return of a holiday tournament remedies this a bit. Mostly just frustrated. I should've appreciated Niuewendyk more....
These things seem to go in cycles. Sucking for a few years in the mid teens probably didn't do our future scheduling any favors. Now that we are top 10ish and look poised to remain there I would bet we'll be seeing some good teams.

I have no problem at all with Mike scheduling UAH. That was an act of mercy when that program was so close to being snuffed out. I think scheduling them was a helluva good deed and I'm proud of us for it.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: April 02, 2019 06:17PM

Trotsky
arugula
These things seem to go in cycles. Sucking for a few years in the mid teens probably didn't do our future scheduling any favors. Now that we are top 10ish and look poised to remain there I would bet we'll be seeing some good teams.

I have no problem at all with Mike scheduling UAH. That was an act of mercy when that program was so close to being snuffed out. I think scheduling them was a helluva good deed and I'm proud of us for it.

It's also been suggested that for Mike to insist the Minnesotas and Boston Colleges of the world have an obligation to schedule us, then turn around and diss UAH and Niagara, would be the height of arrogant hypocrisy.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: April 02, 2019 06:24PM

I hear you about the UAH issue. That would've been a shame if the program hadn't been saved. Big Cam Talbot fan here. You're right about the cycles--very few schools are good every single year anymore. BC and BU and Minnesota and Wisconsin, etc. all out of the playoffs. Ultimately, I'm mostly frustrated because I made two games this year--at Yale and at Providence.

Think about it--Yale's seriously sort of good one year-National title; Union's seriously good one year-National title. Don't even get me started on the Lacrosse close calls. When I left Denver in March 1986 after the Red lost the two game total goal series, I never conceived we'd still be waiting. OTOH, have we ever really been the best team? Conversely, many of the champions are not the best team.

Just want one damn title before I die!

Date: April 02, 2019 06:43PM

Between 2002 and 2006 we were the best team at some point. We were the overall 1 in 2003.

But as good as that team was the defensive system was still limiting when the NC$$ rolled around. The 2019 team's style, which is essentially the Leaman style that got Union a deserved title and now has Providence in Buffalo, has the sky as the limit: tight D with well-coordinated offensive strikes when the opportunity arises, and everybody playing two way.

It's also a lot more entertaining.

And it can readily accommodate the occasional spectacular talent (Gostisbehere) which gives me hope for the high ceiling guys in the super soph class and also the incoming class.

Our best days will always be 67-70, but perhaps our second-best days are still ahead.

Posted by: nshapiro (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 02, 2019 09:54PM

arugula
... I should've appreciated Niuewendyk more....

Hopefully a few decades from now you can say that about Regush

Posted by: arugula (---.s2163.c3-0.avec-cbr2.nyr-avec.ny.cable.rcncustomer.com)
Date: April 02, 2019 10:33PM

You never know. Joe was a skinny unimpressive looking teenager but sublime hands.

Date: April 03, 2019 10:29AM

arugula
You never know. Joe was a skinny unimpressive looking teenager but sublime hands.

That's the way that schools like Union and us will get the great player. Unlikely that we'll recruit the top player, we'll get the late bloomer.

Look at Union. They didn't win the FF because they had recruited a bunch of hot prospects. They got "lucky" that a number of recruits turned out much better than what the general consensus was reporting. Since then, they've been okay, but not great.

Date: April 03, 2019 10:48AM

Jim Hyla
arugula

That's the way that schools like Union and us will get the great player. Unlikely that we'll recruit the top player, we'll get the late bloomer.

Look at Union. They didn't win the FF because they had recruited a bunch of hot prospects. They got "lucky" that a number of recruits turned out much better than what the general consensus was reporting. Since then, they've been okay, but not great.
The new market inefficiency is skinny unimpressive looking guys. Where was that market when I was 19?!

Date: April 03, 2019 10:50AM

Trotsky
Jim Hyla
arugula

The new market inefficiency is skinny unimpressive looking guys. Where was that market when I was 19?!

The Rangers just signed the kid from St. Cloud Patrick Newell who apparently wasn't drafted because at the time of the draft he weighed.......139 pounds! He's filled out a bit, to like 155

Date: April 03, 2019 11:17AM

Jim Hyla
Look at Union. They didn't win the FF because they had recruited a bunch of hot prospects. They got "lucky" that a number of recruits turned out much better than what the general consensus was reporting.

Same goes for Yale. Those incredible forwards were almost all dark horses. Meanwhile, the Harvard conveyor belt keeps churning through blue chippahs who lose in the NC$$ 1R.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2019 11:19AM by Trotsky.

Date: April 03, 2019 01:24PM

Trotsky
Jim Hyla
Look at Union. They didn't win the FF because they had recruited a bunch of hot prospects. They got "lucky" that a number of recruits turned out much better than what the general consensus was reporting.

Same goes for Yale. Those incredible forwards were almost all dark horses. Meanwhile, the Harvard conveyor belt keeps churning through blue chippahs who lose in the NC$$ 1R.

Coaching counts!

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.ipyx-102276-zyo.zip.zayo.com)
Date: April 04, 2019 11:08AM

Jim Hyla
arugula

They were also recruiting at the VFW hall.

Date: April 04, 2019 11:11AM

ugarte
Jim Hyla
arugula

They were also recruiting at the VFW hall.
Union 2014: the last victory of the Greatest Generation
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2019 11:12AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Iceberg (179.51.64.---)
Date: April 04, 2019 11:54AM

Jim Hyla
Trotsky
Jim Hyla

Coaching counts!

Indeed. It's a good thing Harvard (or goaltending) lacks the coaching to become a regular contender. In 2017 they were pretty much expected to be in the FF, but that was an anomaly.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2019 11:55AM by Iceberg.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 14, 2019 01:01AM

Q is Friday on both weekends. That's probably an error.

Date: May 14, 2019 01:17PM

Trotsky
Q is Friday on both weekends. That's probably an error.

You're right, they normally flip the Fri/Sat teams. However that's the way the ECAC schedule reads, so maybe there's a reason. The schedule is made up way in advance and if it was an error, I'd have expected someone from any of the 4 schools would have found it.

Date: May 17, 2019 09:26AM

Grady emailed me with the report that Northern Michigan is coming Jan 17 & 18. I've listed them.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (32.210.48.---)
Date: May 22, 2019 10:16PM

According to ASU's schedule, we won't be visiting them next year. They've got 36 games (34 + the Alaska exemption) scheduled.

Date: May 23, 2019 07:01AM

Scersk '97
According to ASU's schedule, we won't be visiting them next year. They've got 36 games (34 + the Alaska exemption) scheduled.

I'd guess that means we go to the Las Vegas tourney.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (160.20.42.---)
Date: May 24, 2019 11:41AM

Jim Hyla
Scersk '97

That's the word I heard from Ned and Annie Dykes earlier this year.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.sub-174-220-6.myvzw.com)
Date: June 02, 2019 02:04PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Jim Hyla
Scersk '97

Mark Divver tweeted that the field in January is Cornell, OSU, Providence, and Army

Posted by: Swampy (---.cl.ri.cox.net)
Date: June 02, 2019 11:13PM

scoop85
Jeff Hopkins '82
Jim Hyla
Scersk '97

Mark Divver tweeted that the field in January is Cornell, OSU, Providence, and Army

It will be interesting to have another crack at Providence, especially if we’re at full strength.

Date: June 03, 2019 02:56PM

scoop85
Jeff Hopkins '82
Jim Hyla
Scersk '97

I put it in as a tentative.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.102.132.76.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: June 05, 2019 07:38PM

Jim Hyla
scoop85
Jeff Hopkins '82
Jim Hyla
Scersk '97

That's a damn good slate! Should be fun.

Date: June 07, 2019 08:32AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Jim Hyla
scoop85
Jeff Hopkins '82
Jim Hyla
Scersk '97

That's a damn good slate! Should be fun.

Yes, but. Throwing Army in makes the tourney somewhat lopsided. I have to think that whichever team gets them for the first game has to be favored to win the whole thing. They are just not up to the rest of the teams.

Therefore I wonder how the draws are determined.

Posted by: Swampy (---.cl.ri.cox.net)
Date: June 07, 2019 02:40PM

At least the Las Vegas tournament is in January. We'll have over a dozen games under our belt and most of December to heal from injuries. The main concern, other than being up for the competition, is how rusty we might be compared to the other teams. Given how important the tournament might be for end-of-season seeding, Mike will probably want the team to stick around and practice during much of December.

Date: June 09, 2019 01:51AM

Jim Hyla
Yes, but. Throwing Army in makes the tourney somewhat lopsided. I have to think that whichever team gets them for the first game has to be favored to win the whole thing. They are just not up to the rest of the teams.

Therefore I wonder how the draws are determined.
My guess is Cornell and Providence will be split up in the semis. Obvs no idea which will draw Army.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2019 01:52AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 15, 2019 02:51PM

If the Las Vegas Invitational is Jan 3-4, Friday-Saturday, it's a natural if you're going to CES, which offically starts Tuesday Jan. 7 but really gets into gear Sunday. And you'll get cheaper, more available flights into LAS. I'm in.

Date: July 08, 2019 12:53PM

Steve Dippolito sent me info on Colgate Feb 7 & 8, and @ MSU Nov 1 & 2. I posted both on the svhedule. Need preseason exhibitions and Las Vegas tourney yes or no.

Date: July 08, 2019 01:10PM

Army has the LV tourney listed as 1/3 & 4, but nothing yet on PU or OSU schedule. The Army schedule doesn't list the other teams.

Date: July 08, 2019 03:36PM

Here's hoping a final schedule is forthcoming soon. Strange nothing is firm regarding Ice Vegas 2020. There seems to be issues. First the Golden Knights have a home game scheduled for 4:00PM Saturday Jan 4th. The Army hockey site states games are Jan 3rd and 4th. Unless the games are played at a venue other than T Mobile arena it doesn't seem possible. Secondly, unless Ohio State has a revised schedule, it appears that they already have the maximum number of games allowed without the tournament. Lastly, Wikipedia actually lists the tourney date and teams as Sunday June 5th and Monday the 6th. Wondering if anyone has any further info at this point.

Date: July 08, 2019 03:48PM

wakester2468
Here's hoping a final schedule is forthcoming soon. Strange nothing is firm regarding Ice Vegas 2020. There seems to be issues. First the Golden Knights have a home game scheduled for 4:00PM Saturday Jan 4th. The Army hockey site states games are Jan 3rd and 4th. Unless the games are played at a venue other than T Mobile arena it doesn't seem possible. Secondly, unless Ohio State has a revised schedule, it appears that they already have the maximum number of games allowed without the tournament. Lastly, Wikipedia actually lists the tourney date and teams as Sunday June 5th and Monday the 6th. Wondering if anyone has any further info at this point.

I can't speak to the other anomalies, but it's worth noting that the official announcement of the 2019 field didn't happen until mid-September of 2018.

[icevegasinvitational.com]

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: July 08, 2019 05:10PM

As further confirmation re Nov. 1 and 2 at Michigan State, MSU just announced their schedule this afternoon:
[msuspartans.com]

Date: July 08, 2019 05:18PM

wakester2468

According to the Golden Knights' webpage I just opened, their game on the 4th is at 1 PM, not 4 PM.

I hope the tourney does happen, because I already booked my flight to Vegas. I haven't booked a return because the dates aren't set yet.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 08, 2019 09:08PM

The 4 PM was probably eastern time, so there will likely be games starting at 10 PM eastern or in that neighborhood

Date: July 09, 2019 11:53AM

Buried in the incoming recruits announcement is a comment that the official schedule should be released later this week.

[cornellbigred.com]

- Steve Worona

Date: July 09, 2019 02:01PM

Cool. Another set of twins!

Date: July 09, 2019 02:09PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Find another Hornby to go with them?

Date: July 09, 2019 08:29PM

Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82

We can only hope!

Date: July 10, 2019 08:31AM

Al DeFlorio
Jeff Hopkins '82
Why stop at one? Hornby Triplets!!!

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 11, 2019 09:29PM

[cornellbigred.com]

Schedule released.

Date: July 12, 2019 10:31AM

Nipissing. North of North Bay. Ithaca is going to feel like Havana to them.

Nice job by everybody putting the schedule predictions up. You basically nailed it.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2019 10:34AM by Trotsky.

Date: July 12, 2019 02:20PM

Trotsky

Nice job by everybody putting the schedule predictions up. You basically nailed it.

Actually the university is in North Bay.

Could be worse. Is there a university in Timmins?

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: July 12, 2019 07:07PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky

[www.northernc.on.ca]

Date: July 12, 2019 08:00PM

jkahn
Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky

[www.northernc.on.ca]

Wow.

And never mind Timmins. They have a campus in Moosonee!

Date: July 14, 2019 11:04AM

For those that want a wallet sized schedule, I updated my opening post with the new info. If you see any mistakes, let me know.

Posted by: French Rage (---.mediazone.com)
Date: July 15, 2019 06:25PM

Trotsky

Seems like an opponent name tailor-made for some fun cheers.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: July 16, 2019 11:40AM

French Rage
Trotsky

Seems like an opponent name tailor-made for some fun cheers.
Not beating these guys.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: July 17, 2019 08:55AM

It's good to see that one can type Nipissing here without the 3rd through 6th letters being censored as on USCHO,

Date: July 20, 2019 03:12PM

jeff '84
[cornellbigred.com]

Schedule released.

Interestingly, while we, Army, and Providence list the Vegas tourney on our schedules, OSU does not...and their "official" schedule announcement is out.

Hmmmm.

Posted by: Weder (192.72.255.---)
Date: August 08, 2019 06:05PM

Date: August 08, 2019 06:39PM

Better for SOS I... guess?

Posted by: RichH (104.194.218.---)
Date: August 08, 2019 06:44PM

This tournament being hosted by an NHL team probably means it will be run and promoted really, really well.

Two observations from that link: 1) Do we have to call them Army West Point? Is there another Army academy? 2) The Army logo looks incredibly similar to the Vegas NHL logo, but sideways.

Posted by: CU2007 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: August 08, 2019 08:10PM

Another observation. 8:30 pacific start time is gonna be a late night in Ithaca

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: August 08, 2019 08:26PM

RichH

Two observations from that link: 2) The Army logo looks incredibly similar to the Vegas NHL logo, but sideways.

Vegas’ principal owner is a West Point grad.

Date: August 08, 2019 09:09PM

Fortress Invitational? What happened to Ice Vegas?

Date: August 09, 2019 03:53AM

Jeff Hopkins '82

Branding, baby.

The Army logo is impressively stupid. "What if we ran a sword through Sparty's head?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2019 03:54AM by Trotsky.

Date: August 09, 2019 08:37AM

With the time difference and playing the late game, 11:30 EST, it'll be interesting to see how far in advance CU and OSU travel to Vegas. There's no doubt that Providence has gotten the best seed of the tourney.

Posted by: TimV (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: August 09, 2019 12:23PM

Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82

Branding, baby.

The Army logo is impressively stupid. "What if we ran a sword through Sparty's head?"

2nd place for stupid is that bear trying to squeeze through the Ohio State O, bolt

Date: August 09, 2019 02:12PM

TimV
2nd place for stupid is that bear trying to squeeze through the Ohio State O, bolt
Yes, huggy bear sucks, but at least it doesn't look like a suicide king.

Date: August 09, 2019 10:23PM

RichH

This tournament being hosted by an NHL team probably means it will be run and promoted really, really well.

Two observations from that link: 1) Do we have to call them Army West Point? Is there another Army academy? 2) The Army logo looks incredibly similar to the Vegas NHL logo, but sideways.
Don't get them started. In a couple years they'll want to The Army West Point. Thawp for short.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-174-220-17.myvzw.com)
Date: August 10, 2019 09:46AM

TimV
Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82

Branding, baby.

Thank you!

Date: August 10, 2019 12:38PM

Trotsky
The Providence logo, sometimes it looks like a stylized X, sometimes it looks light a visual trick ("Do you see a wine glass or 2 faces?";). It could also be a canine lifting the left rear leg to pee on a hydrant.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: August 23, 2019 05:20AM

Trotsky

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: August 23, 2019 05:22AM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky

Note to self: read to the end of the thread before replying.

Also, great minds (or middle-aged Gen-Xers) think alike.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: profudge (192.182.206.---)
Date: August 30, 2019 07:48AM

Note: the Red & White game is Friday the 18th on the schedules on the Cornell website.

Date: August 30, 2019 08:20AM

profudge
Note: the Red & White game is Friday the 18th on the schedules on the Cornell website.

Thanks

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: October 17, 2019 02:50PM

I see MSU is playing the Under 18 team this Friday. perhaps a small idea after next week on how we line up

Date: October 17, 2019 03:14PM

upprdeck
I see MSU is playing the Under 18 team this Friday. perhaps a small idea after next week on how we line up
Sparty was picked dead last in the B1G coaches poll. LET US FEAST!!!

Date: October 17, 2019 03:51PM

Trotsky
upprdeck

They were picked last in the poll last year, too. Don't jump the gun.

Posted by: CU2007 (---.sub-174-203-20.myvzw.com)
Date: October 25, 2019 03:51PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
upprdeck

Do we know what the streaming options for Michigan State are? Apologies if posted elsewhere

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.IPYX-102276-ZYO.zip.zayo.com)
Date: October 25, 2019 04:47PM

CU2007
Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
upprdeck

Do we know what the streaming options for Michigan State are? Apologies if posted elsewhere
looks like the games are only on BTN+, a subscription service (and WHCU but it's unclear to me if that will be online)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2019 04:57PM by ugarte.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: October 25, 2019 06:14PM

its also via flohockey. btn+ is a bit better deal in that its by school if you want.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 26, 2019 01:35PM

upprdeck
its also via flohockey. btn+ is a bit better deal in that its by school if you want.
sweet. i subscribed to flo for (as you'd guess) wrestling but i'm pretty sure the subscription is for all flo video. (EDIT: I think wrestling and hockey are separate subs)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2019 03:54PM by ugarte.

Date: March 22, 2020 10:50AM

It's the last thing I wanted to do, but it was time to make this thread unsticky. cry

- Steve Worona

Posted by: KenP (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2020 12:03PM

Beeeej
It's the last thing I wanted to do, but it was time to make this thread unsticky. cry
while you’re at it I think it’s time to unstick the 2018-2019 expectations thread too...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login