Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Grady Whittenburg calling Cornell ESPN+ home games

Posted by pfibiger 
Grady Whittenburg calling Cornell ESPN+ home games
Posted by: pfibiger (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: October 08, 2018 04:03PM

Will Jason still be on the radio, or is this another changing of the guard?

Re: Grady Whittenburg calling Cornell ESPN+ home games
Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.ipyx-102276-zyo.zip.zayo.com)
Date: October 08, 2018 05:01PM

pfibiger

I think it's good when radio and tv have different voices and hope that Grady and Jason both have jobs.

Posted by: Larry72 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 08, 2018 05:18PM

ugarte
pfibiger

I think it's good when radio and tv have different voices and hope that Grady and Jason both have jobs.

Very Much a +1!! Will be great to have them both announcing the CU Games. Kudos to both of them.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 08, 2018 07:39PM

pfibiger

I’d assume Jason will be radio and Grady on the ESPT+, just as Barry Leonard is doing football on radio with Jason on the video

Posted by: marty (---.197.120.111.threembb.co.uk)
Date: October 09, 2018 03:23AM

pfibiger

Grady likely won't have to travel until the post season.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: October 09, 2018 01:38PM

Grady does outstanding PBP, like Jason.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 09, 2018 07:52PM

ugarte
pfibiger

Agree, the roles on TV and radio are much different. But if there's only one, I'd rather have a radio guy on TV, than the other way around.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 09, 2018 11:41PM

Is ESPN+ the one that Comcast is showing now too?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 10, 2018 12:17AM

French Rage
Is ESPN+ the one that Comcast is showing now too?
I think ESPN+ is their online subscription service, as opposed to WatchESPN, which is the stuff that you can see with a cable subscriber login.

Posted by: coz (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 10, 2018 07:27PM

ugarte
I think ESPN+ is their online subscription service, as opposed to WatchESPN, which is the stuff that you can see with a cable subscriber login.

That is correct. They basically replaced ESPN Insider with ESPN+ as well so if you had that you'll have this.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 10, 2018 10:05PM

actually espn insider was the thing you paid for to get "special stuff" it was also free if you got the magazine. now they took that perk away and made you pay for both to get both things. but this espn+ is better than insider if you want to watch some sports that the watchespn nver showed..

for cornell fans espn+ is a way better deal than the ivy league thing and you can get lax now and stop from may-sept way easier than turning the ivy deal off.

Posted by: coz (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 10, 2018 10:41PM

upprdeck
actually espn insider was the thing you paid for to get "special stuff" it was also free if you got the magazine. now they took that perk away and made you pay for both to get both things. but this espn+ is better than insider if you want to watch some sports that the watchespn nver showed..

for cornell fans espn+ is a way better deal than the ivy league thing and you can get lax now and stop from may-sept way easier than turning the ivy deal off.

Sorry I wasn't very clear. What I meant was Insider was merged with ESPN+ so it no longer exists, hence the "replaced" line. I was never a huge fan of the mag anyway so I'm happy to pay $5/month for Cornell sports and Insider.

Posted by: RichH (159.192.219.---)
Date: October 11, 2018 05:09AM

coz
ugarte

That is correct. They basically replaced ESPN Insider with ESPN+ as well so if you had that you'll have this.

And what the hell was ESPN3?

Also, I love that Grady is back in the CU fold. But what is the reason for having both radio AND streaming pbp people? My guess is something regarding the rights to the broadcast. Does this mean that every school has to provide a new broadcasting voice in addition to their usual radio squad? (maybe ESPN is fitting the bill?) I mean...if we can get ANYBODY else at Brown, the world wins.

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.ipyx-102276-zyo.zip.zayo.com)
Date: October 11, 2018 10:16AM

RichH

And what the hell was ESPN3?
ESPN3 was rebranded to WatchESPN for streaming what was on cable plus their bonus online stuff.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: October 11, 2018 10:17AM

ESPN3 still exists under watchespn.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 12, 2018 11:48AM

From the cornellbigred web site:

"ITHACA, N.Y. — While the Cornell men's hockey team's season doesn't officially begin until a visit from Michigan State in nearly two weeks, the Big Red will play its first exhibition at 7 p.m. Saturday against Laurentian of Ontario University Athletics at Lynah Rink. The game can be seen on ESPN+ in the U.S. with an additional option for international viewers. The broadcast will feature play-by-play by Grady Whittenburg and color commentary from former Cornell assistant coach Topher Scott '08. The game can also be heard on WHCU (870 AM, 97.7 FM) with Jason Weinstein (play-by-play) and Tony Eisenhut '88 (color commentary) on the call"

Posted by: Swampy (202.51.87.---)
Date: October 12, 2018 11:52AM

Al DeFlorio

"ITHACA, N.Y. — While the Cornell men's hockey team's season doesn't officially begin until a visit from Michigan State in nearly two weeks, the Big Red will play its first exhibition at 7 p.m. Saturday against Laurentian of Ontario University Athletics at Lynah Rink. The game can be seen on ESPN+ in the U.S. with an additional option for international viewers. The broadcast will feature play-by-play by Grady Whittenburg and color commentary from former Cornell assistant coach Topher Scott '08. The game can also be heard on WHCU (870 AM, 97.7 FM) with Jason Weinstein (play-by-play) and Tony Eisenhut '88 (color commentary) on the call"

Anyone know what's the additional option for international viewers?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 12, 2018 01:00PM

Swampy
Al DeFlorio

There's a second video link that takes you here:

[portal.stretchinternet.com]

Posted by: marty (---.29.165.137.threembb.co.uk)
Date: October 12, 2018 01:32PM

Al DeFlorio
Swampy
Al DeFlorio

There's a second video link that takes you here:

[portal.stretchinternet.com]

Will be 1 AM for me. Doubtful unless insomnia kicks in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login