Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Ticket info & Who's going to Worcester?

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Ticket info & Who's going to Worcester?
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2018 12:49PM

If you want to let others know, put your names down and I'll try and assemble a list.

Anbinder, Jeffrey '94 + Schatz, Daina '03 Sec 125 Row H Seats 11+12
Baseler, Anne '85 +2
Berge, Greg '85
Featherston, Joseph '17 Sec 125
Forconi, Lauren '06 Sec 123 Row EE
Han, Bernie '86 +2
Hayes, (clan:-D+7) Sec 125
Heafitz, Gabe '98, MEng '04
Hopkins, Jeff Sec 124, Row KK, Seat 15
Howard, Bill + 1
Hyla, Jim '67 & Sherri
Jackal307 +1? Sec 121
Killian, Bob +2 Sec Possibly in enemy territory
Manocchia, Age & Kathryn +2
Marks, Sec 107 Row L Seat 7
semsox +1 Sec 125
Toomajian, Marty

Here are the ticket pages.

CU ticket office page

Ticketmaster, Sat only

Ticketmaster 2 day pass

For Sat only you can pick your seats, I couldn't get that for 2 Day pass

Edited 18 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2018 05:02PM by Jim Hyla.

Re: Who's going to Worcester?
Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.102.128.104.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: March 18, 2018 12:52PM

I could. Section 124, Row KK, seat 15. Both games.

See everyone there!

JH

Re: Ticket info & Who's going to Worcester?
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 18, 2018 01:05PM

Is 124 definitely a Cornell section, or are you buying where you can because the Cornell operation is only an "intent to buy tickets" situation?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 18, 2018 01:18PM

At the moment Ticketmaster doesn't seem able to secure me two tickets in any of the locations it claims are available; it just keep switching me back and forth between rows and telling me another fan got there first, then switching back to the previous row it already said someone had snagged. I don't know how to get past this.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 18, 2018 01:33PM

Beeeej
At the moment Ticketmaster doesn't seem able to secure me two tickets in any of the locations it claims are available; it just keep switching me back and forth between rows and telling me another fan got there first, then switching back to the previous row it already said someone had snagged. I don't know how to get past this.

Never mind - turned out there just weren't any pairs left available in 124 (I discovered that by trying for "just Saturday";), and TM didn't know how to handle that. I'm submitting through Cornell's form for part of their allocation, and we'll take our chances that way.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2018 01:33PM

main thing is that the cornell deal is a 2 session package not a single session deal. sunday tickets will be available once the first day is done.

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2018 01:35PM

Beeeej

I just kept trying different sections and rows on the list and eventually got one. Also would suggest trying to start a new search to reset things.

I'm in 107 L seat 7.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2018 01:37PM by abmarks.

Posted by: toddlose (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2018 01:38PM

Just an FYI. From BU thread on uscho, Cornell sections are 102, 123,124,125, 233 and 234
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2018 01:39PM by toddlose.

Date: March 18, 2018 01:46PM

toddlose
Just an FYI. From BU thread on uscho, Cornell sections are 102, 123,124,125, 233 and 234

Thank you. With the benefit of that information, we reversed course again and bought the two-day pass through TM. Section 125, Row H, seats 11-12. Toward the top of the section but we're excited. Jeffrey Anbinder '94 and Daina Schatz '03.

- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2018 01:48PM by Beeeej.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2018 03:11PM

I'm in 123 EE.

Date: March 18, 2018 03:32PM

By the looks of Sat & Sun TM pages, all 4 corner sections behind the netting are blank. I'm guessing that's where they will be putting the bands. If so, we're 102?

Posted by: Robin (---.sub-174-225-1.myvzw.com)
Date: March 18, 2018 04:14PM

How many tickets are in Cornell's allotment?

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2018 05:51PM

I'm in. But Janice can't make it.

Posted by: KenP (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2018 05:54PM

I was hoping and even planning to make it. Unfortunately the long distance plus later game schedule messed me up. If we make it to St. Paul I'll hopefully make the trip....

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2018 06:19PM

Bill Howard +1
We're going to buy at the arena. It seats 12,239. BU, Cornell and two others are not going to fill the place. Still annoyed we're not in Allentown. But Worcester is big enough we can go to the game and once Cornell wins we'll make arrangements on AirBnB. Or if need be drive back.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2018 08:12PM

Ticketmaster is now saying there are no seats available for Saturday's game.

When I went back and refreshed a few minutes later, I was able to purchase. There were no tickets available in the Cornell sections 102, 123, 124, 125, but I was able to get seats in Section 101.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2018 08:27PM by dbilmes.

Posted by: jfeath17 (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2018 08:22PM

Section 125

Date: March 18, 2018 08:23PM

dbilmes

Are you picking seats from the seating chart, or only able to ask for best seats?

I just looked and can pick from a lot of seats. When we first tried, a number of us got in some endless loops, se Beeeej above.

Try a different browser.

Date: March 18, 2018 08:24PM

dbilmes

after reading your post, I looked. there are literally hundreds if not a thousand seats remaining for Saturday.

Posted by: Jackal307 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 18, 2018 10:24PM

Got tickets in 121, hopefully we can actually go since I have to move some patients off my saturday schedule. I am pretty pissed at Ticketmaster for quoting one price and then increasing it by 30% in small print in the bottom of the payment page with no breakdown of fees. I was shocked when I got the email with the total cost. Looks like we are only going to Saturday and may need to mortgage our house!

Posted by: profudge (50.108.221.---)
Date: March 19, 2018 12:33PM

Hey folks - - going to Bridgeport with my brother for Fri. and Sat. but want to make final in Worcester on Sunday if possible...

Q. Can we walk up and get tickets?

Date: March 19, 2018 12:39PM

profudge
Hey folks - - going to Bridgeport with my brother for Fri. and Sat. but want to make final in Worcester on Sunday if possible...

A. Probably, but there's no guarantee.

Many people from all four schools will probably have bought Saturday-only tickets, which means those same seats will be available Sunday - not to mention the people who buy two-day passes but whose teams get knocked out will try to sell on the secondary market. Many of the latter group will try to sell Saturday right after they lose, not wait around until Sunday, but you might also get such tickets third-hand from an enterprising entrepreneur who buys them on Saturday from such departing fans.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.ipyx-102276-zyo.zip.zayo.com)
Date: March 19, 2018 12:58PM

Beeeej
profudge

A. Probably, but there's no guarantee.

... people who buy two-day passes but whose teams get knocked out will try to sell on the secondary market...
this. if you have access to a printer or a seller with digital tickets you'll be able to buy them on stubhub and probably on the cheap.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 19, 2018 01:00PM

Baseler, Anne '85 and Berge, Greg '85 will be there +2. We're on the Cornell ticket office list and will be sitting in hopefully two groups of 4 with some of the others in our posse.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2018 01:01PM by Trotsky.

Date: March 19, 2018 02:41PM

According to the Cornell Ticket Office, the Cornell allotment is in sections 102 (pep band), 125, 233 and 234.

- Steve Worona

Date: March 19, 2018 03:17PM

Trotsky
Baseler, Anne '85 and Berge, Greg '85 will be there +2. We're on the Cornell ticket office list and will be sitting in hopefully two groups of 4 with some of the others in our posse.

So nice of you to put it in camera ready format.:-D

Date: March 19, 2018 04:47PM

Jim Hyla
Trotsky

It's really Anne +2 and I +0. They are her tickets.

Date: March 19, 2018 04:56PM

Trotsky
Jim Hyla
Trotsky

It's really Anne +2 and I +0. They are her tickets.

Picky, picky, picky

Posted by: coz (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2018 04:57PM

Anybody know which schools sections are which? Trying to buy and the only lowerbowl section I can do is 120.

Date: March 19, 2018 04:58PM

coz
Anybody know which schools sections are which? Trying to buy and the only lowerbowl section I can do is 120.

All I know for certain is that the Cornell allotment is in sections 102 (pep band), 125, 233 and 234. I don't know where the other schools are.

- Steve Worona

Date: March 19, 2018 09:29PM

coz

You'll be able to unofficially improve your seat. Just stake out an empty one near the cornell section. It'll be obvious by teh empty seats at gametime, since fans from michigan and NU likely won't be there for much of the first game.

Posted by: cuhockey93 (148.177.1.---)
Date: March 20, 2018 10:27AM

So the CU allotment price is $95, yet BU is only charging their students $20 with transportation?

Date: March 20, 2018 10:35AM

cuhockey93
So the CU allotment price is $95, yet BU is only charging their students $20 with transportation?

For current students only, and a very limited number of those, and most of them subsidized by alumni. Are you offering to do the same for Cornell?

- Steve Worona

Posted by: HeafDog (---.metroe.dmarc.lga6.atlanticmetro.net)
Date: March 20, 2018 10:57AM

Gabe Heafitz '98, MEng '04 + 0

I didn't want to chance it and bought the all session ticket through CU Athletics. Probably would have been a much better idea to just buy at the venue. Oh, well.

Any idea if we get two paper tickets at Will Call to Saturday's game? I have very little interest whatsoever in watching the second game, and would want to unload my ticket to that game if possible. Not sure if it's just one paper ticket that gets you into the arena, and, once you're in, you're in.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: March 20, 2018 11:12AM

I thought I read somewhere they had no re-entry

IS bu doing a single game pass for students for $20 or multi game for $20 ?

Date: March 20, 2018 11:15AM

upprdeck
I thought I read somewhere they had no re-entry

IS bu doing a single game pass for students for $20 or multi game for $20 ?

The deal says that if BU advances, they'll get the Sunday game and another bus ride for free.

- Steve Worona

Date: March 20, 2018 11:57AM

It would be nice if the students and band had millionaire (billionaire) white knight donors. The university certainly produces its share of filthy rich asshole alumni, but one of the characteristics of filthy rich asshole alumni is they're assholes.

IINM Cornell has the lowest alumni giving rates of all the tier 1 schools -- dramatically lower than the other Ivies. One possibility is we produce a higher percentage of saintly alumni who go into fields for reasons other than money and lack the means to give. Another possibility is we draw disproportionately from New York City, Long Island, and other myopic, avaricious cesspits of human character. Another possibility is we realize Cornell is, in all its other aspects except hockey, a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 20, 2018 02:59PM

Will be there with Kathryn and her parents wherever the ticket office allotment puts us.

Posted by: bernie (---.hlrn.qwest.net)
Date: March 20, 2018 04:37PM

bernie han '86 +2

Posted by: semsox (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2018 09:40PM

Moving to Framingham two months ago sure has some benefits. Will be in Section 125 for the Saturday game with my +1

Date: March 21, 2018 11:07AM

profudge
It's not going to sell out Saturday in Worcester when four teams play. It will even more certainly not sell out Sunday. Cornell travels well but not that well. There are 12,239 seats available for hockey.

Date: March 21, 2018 11:12AM

cuhockey93
BU doesn't want to be embarrassed by no students willing to brave the long drive to Worcester. The interest of BU students in BU hockey is 10 to the something less than in Ithaca. Our son who alas matriculated at BU got paid to operate the penalty box at Agganis Arena. What Cornell undergrad wouldn't jump at the chance to sit at ice level between the blue lines, paid or not?

Posted by: lhayes (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2018 11:48AM

7 of us in the extended Hayes clan in section 125 (bought via Ticketmaster).

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2018 12:07PM

Alas I'll be arriving in Denver just about as the puck is dropped. I just hope I'll be able to enjoy the replay of the game.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: March 21, 2018 03:51PM

I wonder if they plan on selling the upper deck or parts of it will be closed? is tickemaster showing tickets all over that level?

Re: Ticket info & Who's going to Worcester? [seating chart]
Date: March 21, 2018 10:07PM

100 level = lower bowl at Worcester DCU, formerly Centrum
200 level = upper bowl, separate from lower
300 level = balcony along the long sides of the rink only

100 and 200 level seats are on sale both, so the upper part is open. I haven't seen 300 level seats mentioned, But they look to be less than 1,000 seats if you eyeball the seating chart.

Cornell seats (repeating info above)
101 (corner), 102 (pep band, behind goal), 125 (next to 101, effectively along goal line)
233 and 234 (behind 125), 235 (corner above 101)

Can't tell which end Cornell is attacking. More often I've seen the band (at tournament sites) behind the goal Cornell defends twice. A cursory search didn't turn up which section(s?) BU is assigned to. I think the fact that the Cornell band (and I assume whatever high school BU hires to play) are in the lower bowl suggests little fear of a sellout and the NCAA wants the bands where the cameras pick them up.

Posted by: nshapiro (192.148.195.---)
Date: March 22, 2018 04:05PM

Trotsky
It would be nice if the students and band had millionaire (billionaire) white knight donors. The university certainly produces its share of filthy rich asshole alumni, but one of the characteristics of filthy rich asshole alumni is they're assholes.

IINM Cornell has the lowest alumni giving rates of all the tier 1 schools -- dramatically lower than the other Ivies. One possibility is we produce a higher percentage of saintly alumni who go into fields for reasons other than money and lack the means to give. Another possibility is we draw disproportionately from New York City, Long Island, and other myopic, avaricious cesspits of human character. Another possibility is we realize Cornell is, in all its other aspects except hockey, a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.

Amen! I wonder how many Alumni parents (and other parents as well) get pissed off being billed $15 for a Parent's Weekend badge that gives them the privilege of buying tickets to events that weekend.

Posted by: Killer (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2018 04:51PM

Going with a couple old fraternity brothers. Alas, the one who got the tickets also has a BU connection, so guess where we're sitting. Might it be the Section O of the DCU?

Date: March 23, 2018 05:22AM

I'll be there Saturday for sure, in Section 120. Me(2012) my dad ('76), my uncle ('90) my uncle's buddy('90) + 2. Probably won't be able to unofficially improve @abmarks due to the group but we'll bring the ruckus.

Date: March 23, 2018 10:26AM

coz
I'll be there Saturday for sure, in Section 120. Me(2012) my dad ('76), my uncle ('90) my uncle's buddy('90) + 2. Probably won't be able to unofficially improve @abmarks due to the group but we'll bring the ruckus.
Could you describe the ruckus, sir?

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.241.---)
Date: March 23, 2018 07:39PM

I will be joining fellow faithful watching on TV from sunny California. Please cheer extra loudly on our behalf. Is there an app for that?

If only there were some special cheer just for BU...:-D

Re: Ticket info & Who's going to Worcester? (odds of sellout)
Date: March 23, 2018 09:01PM

Fans fearing Worcester DCU will sell out its seats, flip to WatchESPN and see the crowd (not) in 10,000-seat Bridgeport arena, 2,500 less than in Worcester. It appears to be under half-full. And Providence, the 2-seed, is only 90 minutes away.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2018 09:11PM

billhoward
Fans fearing Worcester DCU will sell out its seats, flip to WatchESPN and see the crowd (not) in 10,000-seat Bridgeport arena, 2,500 less than in Worcester. It appears to be under half-full. And Providence, the 2-seed, is only 90 minutes away.

And Bridgeport sold out or nearly so the first year they hosted the regionals.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2018 09:12PM by marty.

Date: March 23, 2018 09:17PM

Trotsky
coz
Could you describe the ruckus, sir?

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 23, 2018 09:42PM

alot of tickets down low though were sold in stripes so those in game 1 left for game 2.. still, tons of empty seat.

Date: March 24, 2018 02:33AM

billhoward

Official attendance was 4,250. I'd bet Worcester sees 10k 5hough, being Saturday as opposed to Friday and having better draws

Posted by: Robin (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2018 06:40AM

Any thoughts on where to park? There's also a March for Our Lives nearby starting at noon (although should be smaller than the Boston one)

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2018 07:29AM

Robin
Any thoughts on where to park? There's also a March for Our Lives nearby starting at noon (although should be smaller than the Boston one)
DCU Center is surrounded by public parking garages and lots.

Posted by: Robin (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2018 07:40AM

Thanks.

Word on uscho forum is that Cornell returned 104 tickets, BU 23, Michigan 140, and NU 2. Not sure where the poster got the info, but there it is.

Date: March 25, 2018 11:55PM

Robin
Thanks. Word on uscho forum is that Cornell returned 104 tickets, BU 23, Michigan 140, and NU 2. Not sure where the poster got the info, but there it is.
Maybe Cornell took 2X as many as the other schools, or our fans figured there were other ways to buy tickets.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: March 26, 2018 07:38AM

billhoward
Robin
Thanks. Word on uscho forum is that Cornell returned 104 tickets, BU 23, Michigan 140, and NU 2. Not sure where the poster got the info, but there it is.
Maybe Cornell took 2X as many as the other schools, or our fans figured there were other ways to buy tickets.

By numbers it seemed a BU crowd. But I certainly think we were more vocal and enthusiastic.

We sat on the same side as NU and BU was diagonally across. I suspect the BU student ticket section was in upper deck, above the band. They had some cheers, but most of the rest of their fans were silent unless BU scored.

It's hard to know exactly how many other fans were for BU, but definitely there were a lot of anti-CU fans. You could see the whole other side of the rink cheering when BU scored. That side was BU and UM, but there wasn't a lot of Maize and Blue seen, so I'd guess it was mainly BU fans in those seats.

I didn't stay for the finals, but someone who did could probably relate how many UM fans were present.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-130.myvzw.com)
Date: March 26, 2018 12:46PM

I think the crowd is looking older each year. I don't yell as much or as loudly as I used to. The rink was too quiet at times and so was I.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login