Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Quinnipiac QF

Posted by ugarte 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Quinnipiac QF
Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.IPYX-102276-ZYO.zip.zayo.com)
Date: March 06, 2018 10:50AM

Good news: the series will be streamed for free: [cornellbigred.com]

Re: Quinnipiac QF
Posted by: drs48 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 06, 2018 11:12AM

.........nice!

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 06, 2018 11:46AM

Interesting nugget:

For the fourth time in the last eight seasons, the Big Red and Bobcats will meet in the quarterfinals – with the last three series going the maximum three games.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: March 06, 2018 11:53AM

was it known these game will streamed for free? why make it pay last week and free this week?

Posted by: RichH (134.223.116.---)
Date: March 06, 2018 12:23PM

upprdeck
was it known these game will streamed for free? why make it pay last week and free this week?

Do we know that this is a league-wide deal or JUST for the QU-CU series at Lynah? Right now, I suspect that it's just for this QF.

Quinnipiac Athletic University, the only pro sports franchise in South-Central Connecticut, seems to put everything on it's athletics calendar on ESPN3 for its Mercedes/BMW dealer interested fans. I can't imagine that Cornell Athletics would lift a finger to find a media outlet like this on their own, and the ECAC already seems to have decided that Boxnet or whatever is a thing for them. My very fuzzy no-evidence guess is that Quinnipiac Athletic University wants to make sure CT fans of their ECHL franchise avoid straying to other entertainment now that they've lured them away from the Yale Whale in the big bad city of New Haven to their cushy Hilltop Suburban Athletic Mecca. Keep the money coming.

Edit: Credible evidence exists. In an odd coincidence, the Quinnipiac @ Yale first round series was...also broadcast on this Eleven Sports thingy, in addition to BoxCast. [www.ecachockey.com] So I'm pretty convinced now that the only reason we have this free option is our opponent.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2018 12:39PM by RichH.

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.ipyx-102276-zyo.zip.zayo.com)
Date: March 06, 2018 12:46PM

upprdeck
maybe the network made a bid for the rights to the QF but nobody made a bid for games with the 9-12 seeds.

EDIT: Should have read Detective RichH's work first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2018 12:46PM by ugarte.

Date: March 06, 2018 12:58PM

ugarte

Detective? More like conspiracy theorist. They're all up to somethin'!

Date: March 06, 2018 01:26PM

I am just surprised it was allowed unless the ECAC made money off the deal. maybe they did and maybe more than the buys they figured they would get from cornell/Quin fans?

Posted by: RichH (32.217.33.---)
Date: March 06, 2018 02:08PM

upprdeck
I am just surprised it was allowed unless the ECAC made money off the deal. maybe they did and maybe more than the buys they figured they would get from cornell/Quin fans?

There must be some loophole that allows the live stream to be on Twitch & Facebook. Note that Eleven Network, the “traditional TV” channel that is on Directv (I think?) will show the games on tape delay. That apparently was enough to protect any exclusivity reqts for Boxcast. (And still make $ for ECAC? I really have no idea how this works.)
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2018 02:11PM by RichH.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-151.myvzw.com)
Date: March 06, 2018 02:23PM

RichH
upprdeck

There must be some loophole that allows the live stream to be on Twitch & Facebook. Note that Eleven Network, the “traditional TV” channel that is on Directv (I think?) will show the games on tape delay. That apparently was enough to protect any exclusivity reqts for Boxcast. (And still make $ for ECAC? I really have no idea how this works.)

Q pays 11, 11 pays Box? Seems like a simple answer.

Or Q pays them both.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2018 02:24PM by marty.

Date: March 06, 2018 02:27PM

so the game is on 623 for directv tape delayed.. also noticed that the directv channel is not the same feed as the elevensportsprime feed. Still trying to figure out how to stream it to a roku or some other device. they have a twitch channel you can buy but i cant tell if thats the same channel either.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2018 02:29PM by upprdeck.

Date: March 06, 2018 02:41PM

they do seem to have a firestick app.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-151.myvzw.com)
Date: March 06, 2018 03:24PM

upprdeck
so the game is on 623 for directv tape delayed.. also noticed that the directv channel is not the same feed as the elevensportsprime feed. Still trying to figure out how to stream it to a roku or some other device. they have a twitch channel you can buy but i cant tell if thats the same channel either.

The Q-Yale game looked good streaming live on my phone last Saturday. It should look fine on my PC connected to the HDMI of my TV this weekend.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 06, 2018 04:56PM

RichH
ugarte

Detective? More like conspiracy theorist. They're all up to somethin'!

The absence of evidence is the evidence.

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 06, 2018 04:59PM

upprdeck

The premium twitch channel basically removes ads or something. It's the same channel.

I searched ROKU and there is no ROKU channel.

Twitch has built in casting support for Chromecast

Posted by: adamw (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 07, 2018 09:37AM

I believe the free feed is tape delayed.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 07, 2018 09:48AM

adamw
I believe the free feed is tape delayed.

Only the televised version. The Twitch stream will be live.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 08, 2018 10:40AM

Getting healthy was the only thing that mattered coming into this series. From the Sun:

Schafer said Tuesday he’s hopeful that junior forward and co-captain Mitch Vanderlaan, who missed the last month of the regular season, will suit up this weekend.

“[Vanderlaan is] a really great player for the whole sheet of ice, all 200 feet,” Rauter said of his co-captain. “So especially with him back I think we’ll be extra lethal.”

Junior defensemen Brendan Smith and Alec McCrea are also healthy, as is freshman forward Cam Donaldson.

Let's hope the Red absolutely blitzes QU, so that Vanderlaan, in what will hopefully be only a two-game series, can play as little as possible so that he can move from a "hopeful" to a definite.

Date: March 08, 2018 10:50AM

Scersk '97
Getting healthy was the only thing that mattered coming into this series. From the Sun:

Schafer said Tuesday he’s hopeful that junior forward and co-captain Mitch Vanderlaan, who missed the last month of the regular season, will suit up this weekend.

“[Vanderlaan is] a really great player for the whole sheet of ice, all 200 feet,” Rauter said of his co-captain. “So especially with him back I think we’ll be extra lethal.”

Junior defensemen Brendan Smith and Alec McCrea are also healthy, as is freshman forward Cam Donaldson.

Let's hope the Red absolutely blitzes QU, so that Vanderlaan, in what will hopefully be only a two-game series, can play as little as possible so that he can move from a "hopeful" to a definite.

We can hope, but that aint gonna happen. It's going to be nip and tuck all the way. I'll be extremely pleased and relieved just to get by them. Think 2006.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2018 10:52AM by Trotsky.

Date: March 08, 2018 10:59AM

No mention of Malott. As far as we know he's good to go, right?

Date: March 08, 2018 11:42AM

You kids are about to get a treat.

"The Cornell men's hockey team's postseason begins with its final home games of the season, when it hosts Quinnipiac this weekend in a best-of-three ECAC Hockey Championship quarterfinal series at Lynah. The entire series will be broadcast through the platforms of Eleven Sports USA, with Grady Whittenburg handling play-by-play with color commentary from Will LeBlond."

Grady is the second best hockey play by play I've ever heard, after Dean Vrooman in Portland. He was with Cornell for 13 seasons (I had no idea it was that long). We've been blessed to have a string of terrific announcers in Grady, Adam, and Jason, but Grady is in a class by himself.
Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2018 11:48AM by Trotsky.

Date: March 08, 2018 11:44AM

Trotsky

"The Cornell men's hockey team's postseason begins with its final home games of the season, when it hosts Quinnipiac this weekend in a best-of-three ECAC Hockey Championship quarterfinal series at Lynah. The entire series will be broadcast through the platforms of Eleven Sports USA, with Grady Whittenburg handling play-by-play with color commentary from Will LeBlond."

Outstanding!

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2018 11:50AM

Trotsky
Grady is the second best hockey play by play I've ever heard, after Dean Vrooman in Portland. He was with Cornell for 13 seasons (I had no idea it was that long). We've been blessed to have a strong of terrific announcers in Grady, Adam, and Jason, but Grady is in a class by himself.

It's a shame you didn't get to enjoy Roy Ives.... He was the best... Take a radio to the game & compare his play-by-play to the action on the ice.... He's the most accurate of the bunch... And, it's not even close.

Date: March 08, 2018 11:58AM

redice
Trotsky
Grady is the second best hockey play by play I've ever heard, after Dean Vrooman in Portland. He was with Cornell for 13 seasons (I had no idea it was that long). We've been blessed to have a strong of terrific announcers in Grady, Adam, and Jason, but Grady is in a class by himself.

It's a shame you didn't get to enjoy Roy Ives.... He was the best... Take a radio to the game & compare his play-by-play to the action on the ice.... He's the most accurate of the bunch... And, it's not even close.
ACM has told me about how good Roy was. I may have caught a few years of him. My first year was 81-82. Not sure when he left. But honestly I didn't listen to them on radio until later.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2018 12:00PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: cbuckser (---.tmodns.net)
Date: March 08, 2018 12:00PM

Trotsky
Since he recovered from the injury he sustained at Colgate, Jeff Malott has been healthy.

Date: March 08, 2018 12:02PM

cbuckser
Trotsky
Since he recovered from the injury he sustained at Colgate, Jeff Malott has been healthy.
Thanks. I thought he might have had a second "dinging."

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.IPYX-102276-ZYO.zip.zayo.com)
Date: March 08, 2018 12:08PM

redice
Trotsky

Actually the guy before Roy Ives who would reconstruct games from the telegraph wire was actually the best.

Date: March 08, 2018 12:10PM

Trotsky
Scersk '97
Let's hope the Red absolutely blitzes QU

We can hope, but that aint gonna happen. It's going to be nip and tuck all the way. I'll be extremely pleased and relieved just to get by them. Think 2006.

With the caveat that I didn't expect to blow Colgate out in the 1991 and 1996 quarterfinals, I agree with Greg. I do not expect this to be an easy series for Cornell. Keep in mind that Cornell hasn't had many blowouts since beating Princeton on January 5.

In January I made plans for Sunday, March 11. Now I regret it.

Date: March 08, 2018 12:13PM

Trotsky
cbuckser
Trotsky
Thanks. I thought he might have had a second "dinging."
I'm not counting gamemisconductitis as a bona fide injury.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2018 12:28PM

I'm uptight about this series. As others have said I think it will be close; I think we're looking at more one-goal games, and I just hope our success in close games will carry us through.

Date: March 08, 2018 12:53PM

Trotsky

We can hope, but that aint gonna happen. It's going to be nip and tuck all the way. I'll be extremely pleased and relieved just to get by them.

Very true. Despite their record, few teams have played Cornell as tightly as QU in our two games.

Posted by: dbilmes (32.218.127.---)
Date: March 08, 2018 01:20PM

scoop85
I'm uptight about this series. As others have said I think it will be close; I think we're looking at more one-goal games, and I just hope our success in close games will carry us through.
I agree 100 percent. Once the first-round pairings were set, I was hoping we could avoid playing either Yale or Q in the quarters. Unfortunately, none of the bottom-feeders could pull off an upset.
We beat Q twice during the regular season, but both games were tight, and we were helped out down there by a fluke goal. As I noted earlier, Q was picked to finish second in the preseason ECAC coaches poll, and they dominated Yale last weekend.
If you go by the Pairwise rankings, we're getting a tougher first-round matchup then Clarkson (which plays No. No. 36 Colgate) and Harvard (which plays No. 35 Dartmouth). Q is ranked No. 29,and you could make a good argument that it will be a tougher opponent this weekend than No. 27 Princeton. Yes, Princeton can score a ton of goals, but most of them have come against the weaker teams in the league, and their defense is shaky. So much for the No. 1 seed being a big advantage!
We've won a ton of close games this year. Let's hope we can pull out two more this weekend.

Posted by: jeff '84 (64.74.86.---)
Date: March 08, 2018 02:43PM

Trotsky
redice
Trotsky

ACM has told me about how good Roy was. I may have caught a few years of him. My first year was 81-82. Not sure when he left. But honestly I didn't listen to them on radio until later.

Am I crazy, or didn’t Chris Moore (who went on to broadcast for the Devils and Panthers, and now fills in on WFAN sports talk in NY) broadcast Cornell hockey in the early 80’s? Thought he was very good.

Posted by: ACM (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2018 03:19PM

jeff '84
Trotsky
redice
Trotsky

Am I crazy, or didn’t Chris Moore (who went on to broadcast for the Devils and Panthers, and now fills in on WFAN sports talk in NY) broadcast Cornell hockey in the early 80’s? Thought he was very good.

You may or may not be crazy, but Chris Moore did broadcast Cornell hockey for WHCU (and play third base for my league-champion Kay Jewelers softball team) for four years.

Date: March 08, 2018 03:29PM

jeff '84
Trotsky
redice
Trotsky

Chris was the worst of the bunch!! Again, as someone who takes a radio to the game AND listens to the broadcasts on the radio, he didn't have a clue as to what was happening on the ice, as evidenced by his use of the words: "mystery whistle"... He used those words often... It always amazed me that he left Ithaca and had such success... He must have worked VERY had at his trade... He was not a natural!!

Date: March 08, 2018 04:17PM

redice
Chris was the worst of the bunch!! Again, as someone who takes a radio to the game AND listens to the broadcasts on the radio, he didn't have a clue as to what was happening on the ice, as evidenced by his use of the words: "mystery whistle"... He used those words often... It always amazed me that he left Ithaca and had such success... He must have worked VERY had at his trade... He was not a natural!!

Trying to stay out of this - but as a fellow IC alum of Chris Moore - and someone who got to hear his Devils broadcasts on the radio fairly frequently ... Let's just say, I was never a fan myself either, unfortunately. Always interesting to see who gets NHL jobs and who doesn't.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2018 04:17PM by adamw.

Posted by: jeff '84 (64.74.86.---)
Date: March 08, 2018 04:36PM

adamw
redice

Trying to stay out of this - but as a fellow IC alum of Chris Moore - and someone who got to hear his Devils broadcasts on the radio fairly frequently ... Let's just say, I was never a fan myself either, unfortunately. Always interesting to see who gets NHL jobs and who doesn't.

I thought he had a real good radio voice, as to the nuts and bolts, I have no comment or recollection (and never took the radio to a home game to see how he matched up to the action)...

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 08, 2018 04:40PM

Trotsky

Grady is the second best hockey play by play I've ever heard, after Dean Vrooman in Portland. He was with Cornell for 13 seasons (I had no idea it was that long). We've been blessed to have a string of terrific announcers in Grady, Adam, and Jason, but Grady is in a class by himself.

+1 (I'm also too young to have heard Roy Ives.) One warning: if you're listening on earphones, watch out for the volume level when someone scores. :-)

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: March 08, 2018 04:40PM

Looks like a solid crowd for Sat night... very few tickets left online.. Friday has quite a few and sunday wont be sold until after the sat game.

Posted by: Tom Lento (199.201.64.---)
Date: March 08, 2018 05:37PM

RichH
Trotsky

We can hope, but that aint gonna happen. It's going to be nip and tuck all the way. I'll be extremely pleased and relieved just to get by them.

Very true. Despite their record, few teams have played Cornell as tightly as QU in our two games.

Q is third in the nation in even strength possession metrics and way down in both shooting % and save %. They're 7-3-0 in their last 10, which have largely featured decent goaltending (separated by some absolutely awful nights) and higher shooting percentages. This is a dangerous matchup. I have not seen them play but by the numbers they look like a team that's been pretty unlucky for a good chunk of the season. They could pull an upset with two decent games from their goaltender.

Hopefully Cornell fully returns to health and starts firing on all cylinders again - down the stretch Union has looked like the best team in the league, and it felt a little like CU was limping to the RS finish line.

Posted by: Larry72 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2018 05:49PM

Trotsky

I too would add Roy Ives to that mix. Cornell has been fortunate over the years to have a number of outstanding hockey play-by-play announcers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2018 05:51PM by Larry72.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2018 06:50PM

Larry72
Trotsky

I too would add Roy Ives to that mix. Cornell has been fortunate over the years to have a number of outstanding hockey play-by-play announcers.

I loved both of them. I'd like to listen to Grady again, but I'll be in Lynah.:-)

Posted by: RichH (---.mycingular.net)
Date: March 08, 2018 07:57PM

Jim Hyla
Larry72
Trotsky

I loved both of them. I'd like to listen to Grady again, but I'll be in Lynah.:-)

Hopefully it’ll be good enough to want to watch the tape-delayed broadcast!

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.ftas.verizon.net)
Date: March 08, 2018 11:23PM

RichH
Hopefully it'll be good enough to want to watch the tape-delayed broadcast!
It's being streamed online live. The article was misleading; the delayed broadcast is with regard to their real (non-stream) channel. (I think?)

Scersk '97
As others have said, this is pretty far beyond what most of us are realistically hoping for from this series. First of all, Q is a difficult matchup and Cornell can easily lose. Second, and relatedly, if Vanderlaan is healthy, given that he is one of the best players on the team, he won't be playing "as little as possible." It's the playoffs and Cornell isn't going to have an easy matchup the rest of the way. It's all hands on deck.

Posted by: BigRedHockeyFan (---.apn.wlan.upenn.edu)
Date: March 09, 2018 12:26AM

dbilmes
We've won a ton of close games this year. Let's hope we can pull out two more this weekend.

Cornell has Galajda.

Looking forward to puck drop.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 09, 2018 03:21AM

BearLover
RichH
It's being streamed online live. The article was misleading; the delayed broadcast is with regard to their real (non-stream) channel. (I think?)

*headsmack* doh

Yes, I know. I was responding to Jim who said he’d like to listen to Grady’s call, but he’ll be at the game, so I pointed out he’d have another chance with the tape-delayed television broadcast (especially since Jim in particular likes to grab all the recordings he can). Oy vey, we’re going in circles now. Live: internet. Delayed: television.

Date: March 09, 2018 07:30AM

BearLover
Scersk '97
As others have said, this is pretty far beyond what most of us are realistically hoping for from this series. First of all, Q is a difficult matchup and Cornell can easily lose. Second, and relatedly, if Vanderlaan is healthy, given that he is one of the best players on the team, he won't be playing "as little as possible." It's the playoffs and Cornell isn't going to have an easy matchup the rest of the way. It's all hands on deck.

That's why I wrote "let's hope" and "hopefully." Colgate '96 happens every once in a while, but those kinds of surprises are rare. Nothing I've written would indicate that I think otherwise.

Reading comprehension, folks.

Date: March 09, 2018 08:44AM

Scersk '97
That's why I wrote "let's hope" and "hopefully." Colgate '96 happens every once in a while, but those kinds of surprises are rare.

The other time it happened was... Colgate 91.

2-game QF sweeps by largest margin of victory in closest game:

7 1991 Colgate
5 1996 Colgate
3 2010 Harvard
2 1985 Yale
2 1990 Harvard
2 2013 Princeton (1R)
------------------
-2 2015 Union (1R)
-4 1995 Clarkson

Date: March 09, 2018 09:28AM

USCHO seems to be having issues. very slow for days and now just completely down.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2018 10:47AM

RichH
BearLover
RichH

*headsmack* doh

Yes, I know. I was responding to Jim who said he’d like to listen to Grady’s call, but he’ll be at the game, so I pointed out he’d have another chance with the tape-delayed television broadcast (especially since Jim in particular likes to grab all the recordings he can). Oy vey, we’re going in circles now. Live: internet. Delayed: television.

Spectrum doesn't carry Eleven Sports. So I can't capture it that way, but it looks like Twitch has last weeks Q -Yale games, so maybe they'll keep ours up as well. If not would any of you record the game and send me a copy?

Date: March 09, 2018 12:49PM

upprdeck
USCHO seems to be having issues. very slow for days and now just completely down.

pity

:)

Date: March 09, 2018 12:51PM

Trotsky
Scersk '97
That's why I wrote "let's hope" and "hopefully." Colgate '96 happens every once in a while, but those kinds of surprises are rare.

I had the pleasure of being in the building for both of those Colgate series. The '96 series was the craziest I ever saw Lynah - along with the 1990 series vs. Harvard. Of course, I don't go back farther than that - so I didn't get the pleasure of being there during some really crazy series in the '70s and early '80s - when the glass was lower and people hung over it. But in the modern era, the '96 series was tops for me. A lot of pent up energy came out that weekend. And it featured my all-time favorite Lynah chant. "F**k me Harder" ... YMMV.

Date: March 09, 2018 12:55PM

adamw
Trotsky
Scersk '97

I had the pleasure of being in the building for both of those Colgate series. The '96 series was the craziest I ever saw Lynah - along with the 1990 series vs. Harvard. Of course, I don't go back farther than that - so I didn't get the pleasure of being there during some really crazy series in the '70s and early '80s - when the glass was lower and people hung over it. But in the modern era, the '96 series was tops for me. A lot of pent up energy came out that weekend. And it featured my all-time favorite Lynah chant. "F**k me Harder" ... YMMV.

And of course "We want Weder."

- Steve Worona

Date: March 09, 2018 02:13PM

adamw
Trotsky
Scersk '97

Yes, Adam, I think "F**k me Harder" is at the top of the list!! How can they ever top that one... Yale once had a player named "Cumming". Somehow, they let that slide.. It amazed me...:-D

Posted by: French Rage (38.99.127.---)
Date: March 09, 2018 02:19PM

redice
Yale once had a player named "Cumming". Somehow, they let that slide.. It amazed me...:-D

Grant Clitsome on line 1.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: March 09, 2018 03:21PM

redice
adamw
Trotsky
Scersk '97

Yes, Adam, I think "F**k me Harder" is at the top of the list!! How can they ever top that one... Yale once had a player named "Cumming". Somehow, they let that slide.. It amazed me...:-D

To be fair, a coterie of refined young ladies at Colgate used to yell "Harder! Harder!" at Starr. One of the ten funniest cheers I've ever heard at a road building. I doubt their number was above 12 but it sounded like 50.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2018 03:22PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: BigRedHockeyFan (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 09, 2018 07:47PM

Dominant period by Cornell. Petruzzelli made a lot of great saves. Score could easily by 5 - 1 instead of 3 - 1.

Date: March 09, 2018 07:56PM

First Period ended with this:

10-minute Misconduct Penalty on DAVIDSON, Scott QU

Date: March 09, 2018 08:21PM

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ... We want 10! cheer

Date: March 09, 2018 08:21PM

BearLover

WE WANT WEDER

- Steve Worona

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 09, 2018 08:26PM

Now rest Vanderlaan?

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 09, 2018 08:30PM

JasonN95
Now rest Vanderlaan?

Good idea. What about putting Stewart in?

Posted by: French Rage (38.99.127.---)
Date: March 09, 2018 08:30PM

Stop, stop, he's already deaaaaad.

Posted by: margolism (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2018 08:31PM

Can we rollover any of our goals?

Posted by: djk26 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 09, 2018 08:36PM

Nice symmetry for those watching the live feed:

9 Qunnipiac 1
1 Cornell 9

Posted by: toddlose (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 09, 2018 08:37PM

BearLover

Karma’s a bitch!

Interested in that asshat Pecknold’s postgame comments.

Date: March 09, 2018 08:43PM

C'mon guys. Let's party like it's 1972.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 09, 2018 08:44PM

Is it too late to make this a two-game-total-goals series?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 09, 2018 08:46PM

Swampy

This game, perhaps?

Date: March 09, 2018 08:48PM

Another fine example.

Trotsky
Swampy

This game, perhaps?

Exactly!

Posted by: margolism (---.nyc.res.rr.com)

Is 11 the record?

Is 9 in 2 periods a record?

Posted by: Tom_Hamill (73.95.136.---)
Date: March 09, 2018 08:51PM

We want Weder!

Date: March 09, 2018 08:52PM

While we're all sitting here, maybe someone could go back over the forum posts the past few weeks and find quotes from people who were saying while our defense was good, our offense was not up to the task of the postseason.

Posted by: Tom_Hamill (73.95.136.---)
Date: March 09, 2018 08:53PM

Agreed the Colgate '96 series was the biggest humiliation I've seen Cornell inflict upon an opponent.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2018 08:54PM by Tom_Hamill.

Date: March 09, 2018 09:01PM

Colgate up 2 -1 mid-third; shots 9 - 0 Clarkson in the third.

Date: March 09, 2018 09:02PM

Stewart now in goal.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2018 09:05PM

It was not a playoff game but I remember a game in the early 80's against Yale where a Bertrand team was up 9-0 in the first period. Bertrand pulled the goalie on a faceoff in the Yale end. He said he wanted to "practice" playing 6 on 5....

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 09, 2018 09:10PM

RichH
I'm pretty convinced now that the only reason we have this free option is our opponent.

Seeing that ALL the commercials were Ivy & Cornell oriented, maybe I'm wrong.

Date: March 09, 2018 09:18PM

Clarkson and Union lose. Harvard down by 3.

Date: March 09, 2018 09:19PM

Scersk '97 gets his wish: Cornell is annihilating Q and resting Vanderlaan for most of the third.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 09, 2018 09:22PM

Al DeFlorio
Is it too late to make this a two-game-total-goals series?
that's what i came here to post

Date: March 09, 2018 09:24PM

BearLover
Scersk '97 gets his wish: Cornell is annihilating Q and resting Vanderlaan for most of the third.
i started watching with the score 9-1. i didn't see a goal or angello.

Date: March 09, 2018 09:25PM

Big win for the Big Red.

Both teams eased up in the 3rd.

Vanderlaan played in the 3rd. I don't know if he took all of his shifts.

Stewart came in with 14 minutes left in the game. Q was definitely bumping into Galajda too much in the second.

Date: March 09, 2018 09:27PM

COR 9
QUI 1 F

DAR 4
HAR 1 2:04 3

CLG 2
CLK 1 F

PRN 5
UNI 3 F

Soooo...unless HAR comes back, Cornell is the only higher seed in the ECAC to win tonight. Wow.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2018 09:28PM by djk26.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2018 09:28PM

RichH
RichH
I'm pretty convinced now that the only reason we have this free option is our opponent.

Seeing that ALL the commercials were Ivy & Cornell oriented, maybe I'm wrong.

It was similar last week when Q paid for the Yale series to be broadcast. They even had ILDN logos last week.

My money is on Q until proven otherwise. They are all about publicity. They bought some tonight.

Date: March 09, 2018 09:36PM

BearLover

Just keep them all healthy, is what I say.

And I didn’t expect this at all. Let’s hope tomorrow goes just as well.

Date: March 09, 2018 09:51PM

djk26
COR 9
QUI 1 F

DAR 4

CLG 2
CLK 1 F

PRN 5
UNI 3 F

Soooo...unless HAR comes back, Cornell is the only higher seed in the ECAC to win tonight. Wow.

Harvard didn't come back. Current playoff leaders:

7 Princeton
1 Cornell

6 Colgate
5 Dartmouth

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 09, 2018 09:53PM

Trotsky
djk26
COR 9
QUI 1 F

DAR 4

CLG 2
CLK 1 F

PRN 5
UNI 3 F

7 Princeton
1 Cornell

6 Colgate
5 Dartmouth

Other than our game, that has to be a nightmare for the folks in Lake Placid.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2018 09:53PM

dag14
It was not a playoff game but I remember a game in the early 80's against Yale where a Bertrand team was up 9-0 in the first period. Bertrand pulled the goalie on a faceoff in the Yale end. He said he wanted to "practice" playing 6 on 5....
I was at that game, so it had to be in the late '70s. There was a faceoff in the Yale zone with a few seconds left in the first period. The crowd all chanted "We want 10!" I'm sure Tim Taylor appreciated it.

Date: March 09, 2018 09:54PM

dag14
Dick Bertrand before he dicks you.

Note Yale's first period goalie.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2018 09:55PM by Trotsky.

Date: March 09, 2018 09:58PM

French Rage
Trotsky
djk26
COR 9
QUI 1 F

DAR 4

CLG 2
CLK 1 F

PRN 5
UNI 3 F

7 Princeton
1 Cornell

6 Colgate
5 Dartmouth

In all honesty Dartmouth would outdraw Harvard.

Date: March 09, 2018 10:01PM

French Rage

I've wondered about this (and I'm sure it's been discussed on eLynah). The ideal Lake Placid attendance line up is Cornell, St. Lawrence, Clarkson, and...? With St. Lawrence eliminated, it can't happen this year. (dear hockey gods...this is not woofing...just wondering.)

Date: March 09, 2018 10:02PM

MONGO NEED HIGHLIGHTS

Date: March 09, 2018 10:04PM

djk26
French Rage

I've wondered about this (and I'm sure it's been discussed on eLynah). The ideal Lake Placid attendance line up is Cornell, St. Lawrence, Clarkson, and...? With St. Lawrence eliminated, it can't happen this year. (dear hockey gods...this is not woofing...just wondering.)

The ideal for attendance? Cornell, Clarkson, RPI, Union.

Date: March 09, 2018 10:07PM

The metaphysical ideal is IMHO Cornell, Clarkson, Harvard, St. Lawrence. If I was picking the Mount Rushmore of the conference that is who I would choose. It happened once in 1991.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2018 10:09PM by Trotsky.

Date: March 09, 2018 10:13PM

In case you're wondering.

Date: March 09, 2018 10:18PM

Trotsky
The metaphysical ideal is IMHO Cornell, Clarkson, Harvard, St. Lawrence. If I was picking the Mount Rushmore of the conference that is who I would choose. It happened once in 1991.

Nein.

The metaphysical ideal is Cornell, Clarkson, Harvard, and either SLU or RPI. The last classic year was 2002.

Date: March 09, 2018 10:20PM

Scersk '97
Trotsky

Nein.

The metaphysical ideal is Cornell, Clarkson, Harvard, and either SLU or RPI. The last classic year was 2002.
I see SLU as romantic because of Appleton.

Date: March 09, 2018 10:21PM

Scersk '97
Trotsky

Nein.

Prior to 1985, the ideal was, of course, Cornell, Clarkson, Harvard, and BU. I think that three year sequence from '69–'71 is a record (three years, same teams) that will never be broken.

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login