Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

ECAC Playoffs

Posted by BigRedHockeyFan 
ECAC Playoffs
Posted by: BigRedHockeyFan (---.apn.wlan.upenn.edu)
Date: February 25, 2018 03:51AM

First Round Picks
Dartmouth over St. Lawrence in 3
Colgate over RPI in 2
Princeton over Brown in 2
Yale over Quinnipiac in 3

Second Round Picks
Cornell over Yale in 2
Union over Princeton in 2
Colgate over Clarkson in 3
Harvard over Dartmouth in 3

Updated 3/5/18

Second Round Picks
Cornell over Quinnipiac in 2; (Game 1: 10-0, Game 2: 10-0)

Updated 3/12/18

Semi Final Picks
Cornell over Princeton
Clarkson over Harvard
Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2018 03:48AM by BigRedHockeyFan.

Re: ECAC Playoffs
Posted by: CU2007 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2018 05:15AM

Not bad. I also think Clarkson doesn’t make LP. And that leaves a one game SF against a Goalie who might just stand on his head.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2018 08:46AM

The way Brown played this weekend, beating both Harvard and Dartmouth, they could upset Princeton. That would give us a quarterfinal series against them, instead of having to play one of the CT teams.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: February 25, 2018 10:14AM

Streaming? The ECAC tournament page lists Baxcast as their streamer.

STREAMING
All ECAC Hockey tournament games will be available for viewing by a global audience and be aired through www.ecachockey.com through the technology of BoxCast.

Fans can watch on mobile devices as well as standard PCs and Macs. The games will be available on iOS devices as well as Androids.

Fans can purchase a game for $9.95 (US) for viewing directly from www.ecachockey.com.

....Links can be found on the league's composite schedule - [ecachockey.com].

However the schedule doesn't show any links for streaming.

March 02, 2018
Men's Ice Hockey
7:00 PM
Quinnipiac Quinnipiac
Yale Yale
2018 ECAC Men's Hockey Tournament First-Round
Live stats

7:00 PM
Brown Brown
Princeton Princeton
Live stats

7:05 PM
St. Lawrence St. Lawrence
Dartmouth Dartmouth
First Round - Game One
Live stats

7:05 PM
Rensselaer Rensselaer
Colgate Colgate
Live stats

I suspect that the tournament page was just modified from last year and eventually they will announce that Boxcast will stream the games, one at a time.

Hopefully they are waiting because they are going to have an all tournament offering, instead of just game-by-game.

He says, knowing full well that they'd never be that nice to us.:-O

Date: March 04, 2018 09:42PM

BigRedHockeyFan
First Round Picks
Dartmouth over St. Lawrence in 3
Colgate over RPI in 2
Princeton over Brown in 2
Yale over Quinnipiac in 3

Second Round Picks
Cornell over Yale in 2

Updated

Second Round Picks

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 04, 2018 10:11PM

You misspelled 100-0

Date: March 05, 2018 12:24AM

Sorry.

Date: March 05, 2018 07:37AM

Twice!

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 05, 2018 08:01AM

BigRedHockeyFan

Not to bring reality and fear to this discussion, but I would rather we were playing just about any of the other remaining lower seeds—certainly Dartmouth and Princeton, and perhaps even Colgate.

Posted by: KenP (137.75.68.---)
Date: March 05, 2018 09:09AM

Scersk '97
BigRedHockeyFan

Not to bring reality and fear to this discussion, but I would rather we were playing just about any of the other remaining lower seeds—certainly Dartmouth and Princeton, and perhaps even Colgate.
Strangely, I am happy we have a potentially tough opponent this weekend. I'm still wary of our weaker schedule and am hoping a series against a tough opponent will have them firing on all cylinders for games in the following two weeks.

Posted by: BigRedHockeyFan (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 05, 2018 09:58AM

With a couple of bumps from Cornell, they will hopefully end up in the mid-thirties Pairwise.

I just don't like them. They buzz around, shoot, shoot, shoot. They don't have a system.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 09:59AM by BigRedHockeyFan.

Posted by: Cornell95 (159.127.66.---)
Date: March 05, 2018 10:16AM

I am considering driving up to Lake Placid for the tournament this year.
What is the ticket situation usually like, particularly if Cornell and Clarkson make the semifinals?

Do I need to buy ticket(s) in advance? Are tickets typically available at the venue day of contest?
I have anywhere from 0-4 siblings/friends considering joining me for the weekend.

-Kevin '95

Posted by: BearLover (---.sub-174-203-20.myvzw.com)
Date: March 05, 2018 10:22AM

KenP
Scersk '97
BigRedHockeyFan

Strangely, I am happy we have a potentially tough opponent this weekend. I'm still wary of our weaker schedule and am hoping a series against a tough opponent will have them firing on all cylinders for games in the following two weeks.
It does feel different this year, with Cornell going into the ECAC assured of a spot in the NCAA. I think Q is a tougher matchup than any of the 5-7 seeds with the possible exception of Princeton. But I would like to see Cornell back up its great season against a weaker schedule and gain some experience and confidence by taking down some more formidable opposition.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 05, 2018 10:25AM

BearLover
KenP
Scersk '97
BigRedHockeyFan

It does feel different this year, with Cornell going into the ECAC assured of a spot in the NCAA. I think Q is a tougher matchup than any of the 5-7 seeds with the possible exception of Princeton. But I would like to see Cornell back up its great season against a weaker schedule and gain some experience and confidence by taking down some more formidable opposition.

Agreed. And with any luck, the two weeks off will have given our boys a chance to get healthier and stronger.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: RichH (73.114.16.---)
Date: March 05, 2018 10:34AM

Cornell95
What is the ticket situation usually like, particularly if Cornell and Clarkson make the semifinals?

Do I need to buy ticket(s) in advance? Are tickets typically available at the venue day of contest?
I have anywhere from 0-4 siblings/friends considering joining me for the weekend.

-Kevin '95

There will be no problem getting tickets at the door. People simply don’t travel for sporting events like they used to.

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2018 10:46AM

RichH

There will be no problem getting tickets at the door. People simply don’t travel for sporting events like they used to.

I can't resist adding: "Especially when that event is held in that God-forsaken place called Lake Placid, NY."

This coming from someone who has attended dozens of ECAC tournaments when held in better locations.........

Posted by: Cornell95 (159.127.66.---)
Date: March 05, 2018 10:54AM

well I have the benefit of an aunt and uncle who built a house about 30minutes east of Lake Plaid when they retired
so I have the benefit of a bed&breakfast option and people to visit when I am not at the rink

Go Big Red!

-Kevin

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2018 10:59AM

redice
RichH

I can't resist adding: "Especially when that event is held in that God-forsaken place called Lake Placid, NY."

This coming from someone who has attended dozens of ECAC tournaments when held in better locations.........

While I can't argue that Lake Placid is remote, I will say that having been to the event in both Albany and the god-awful Atlantic City, the atmosphere and charm of LP beat the other two locations hands-down.

Date: March 05, 2018 10:59AM

Cornell95
well I have the benefit of an aunt and uncle who built a house about 30minutes east of Lake Plaid when they retired
so I have the benefit of a bed&breakfast option and people to visit when I am not at the rink

Go Big Red!

-Kevin

Party at Kevin's aunt & uncle's place!!

(In all seriousness - sadly, dss28 and I cannot make it this year regardless of Cornell's participation.)

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 05, 2018 11:01AM

One thing LP does is drive down the walk-up ticket sales. Die hards who go to LP when their team isn't there go to any other site so that's a wash. But there is no local walk-up like there was in Albany (and in particular in Boston). If you're already in LP, going to the ECACs falls somewhere way below skiing and slightly above getting black out drunk for the fourth night running on the To Do list.

If it's chalk then we get Cornell's big fanbase, probably made bigger since it's been a decent bet that we're there since Christmas. We get Union's surprisingly good fanbase (they suck but props to them for traveling). We get Harvard's, um, entitlement I guess, and three non-bandy fans. Clarkson is a wild card -- it's been a while since we shared LP with them (anybody wanna guess? I'll wait. 2002 -- 16 years.) I would expect them to bring in a ton of folks because like us they have looked like a good bet to be there from early days.

None of the QF visitors have a non-trivial following except Q and if they advance, well, problem solved.

tl; dr: we could wind up with 3 big fan bases in LP. I wouldn't worry about tickets so much as getting reamed by hotel prices at the last minute.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 11:03AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: March 05, 2018 11:26AM

you can stay an 1.5hr away and get rid hotel cost issues though if thats a concern.

Posted by: RichH (134.223.230.---)
Date: March 05, 2018 12:33PM

Trotsky
One thing LP does is drive down the walk-up ticket sales. Die hards who go to LP when their team isn't there go to any other site so that's a wash. But there is no local walk-up like there was in Albany (and in particular in Boston). If you're already in LP, going to the ECACs falls somewhere way below skiing and slightly above getting black out drunk for the fourth night running on the To Do list.

I'd be willing to bet the attendance of Adirondack locals is stronger than we assume. I have family friends who live in Saranac Lake and they love this tournament. Contrast NCAA D1 level of skill to this coming weekend's 14U CAN/AM tournament, and it's a huge difference for the hockey fans there.

Date: March 05, 2018 03:13PM

RichH
Trotsky

I'd be willing to bet the attendance of Adirondack locals is stronger than we assume. I have family friends who live in Saranac Lake and they love this tournament. Contrast NCAA D1 level of skill to this coming weekend's 14U CAN/AM tournament, and it's a huge difference for the hockey fans there.
How many, though? I'm thinking scores, if not dozens. Not thousands and probably not even hundreds.

Not to mention that we have attendance data and it's bad enough that they fled to a shithole like NJ.

Edit: for all those NJites, I have lived in both the shitholes of LI and Boston and I will take the NJ shithole every time. The guys are less moronic and the girls are, somewhat, less disease-ridden. But let's be serious. It's the Acela Corridor. That's what you get for messing with a ghetto bastard.
Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 03:19PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: RichH (134.223.230.---)
Date: March 05, 2018 05:49PM

Trotsky
RichH
Trotsky

How many, though? I'm thinking scores, if not dozens. Not thousands and probably not even hundreds.

That's probably accurate. The combined population of Lake Placid and Saranac Lake could fit in the arena, so if you get 200 neutral locals not working in the arena or parking lots to pony up for a ticket, that's probably good. I'd be willing to bet that Cornell fans *might* bring 1000? The presence of Cornell doesn't have a huge effect on the announced numbers at Lake Placid.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 05, 2018 06:02PM

dont forget how many will be traveling to watch cornell in their BBall game that weekend!!!

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: March 08, 2018 10:24PM

NESN is showing that they will be carrying the Harvard v. Dartmouth 2nd round game Friday night.

Date: March 10, 2018 09:21PM

Clarkson and Harvard force a third game, but Princeton scores with 10 seconds left to sweep the upset of Union.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Iceberg (---.221.46.195.cable.dyn.cableonline.com.mx)
Date: March 10, 2018 09:25PM

Beeeej
Clarkson and Harvard force a third game, but Princeton scores with 10 seconds left to sweep the upset of Union.

And as the lowest seed left, this means that Princeton would face Cornell regardless of any other outcomes (assuming the latter hangs on tonight).

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 10, 2018 09:55PM

Cornell95

-Kevin '95
Tickets are available Friday night. Clarkson making it to Placid will sell more tickets than Princeton. But LP holds 8,500 and there just aren't 8,500 ECAC fans anymore. There were 15,000 when it was at the Garden and included BU, BC. I believe last year the upper deck was draped even on Friday.

Posted by: pmbblblaw (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 10, 2018 10:14PM

Where is the seating section (if any) for Cornell fans at LP for 2018 semis and finals? Thanks in advance for the info.

Date: March 10, 2018 10:17PM

pmbblblaw
Where is the seating section (if any) for Cornell fans at LP for 2018 semis and finals? Thanks in advance for the info.
Section 11 in the corner. Join us; join us.

Date: March 10, 2018 10:17PM

pmbblblaw

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (110.5.249.---)
Date: March 11, 2018 12:18AM

I just bought tix in section 9, but you can be sure I'll be sitting in the CU section.

CU in LP!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2018 12:19AM by Jeff Hopkins '82.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 11, 2018 12:36AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
I just bought tix in section 9, but you can be sure I'll be sitting in the CU section.

CU in LP!
If it's like last year, one can move about.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (110.5.249.---)
Date: March 11, 2018 01:08AM

billhoward
Jeff Hopkins '82

CU in LP!
If it's like last year, one can move about.

I've never had a problem sitting where I want. That's why I just buy any seat online.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login