Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Hockey Concussions

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Hockey Concussions
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: February 16, 2018 10:09AM

There was a thread under "Other Sports', but I thought it's useful to discuss "our" problems here.

Roy 82
I've pretty much given up on football since I don't think that the game can be separated from head trauma. I am more optimistic about hockey.

Step 1: As much as I like a good fight, it's time to put an end to them. They are less common now but they can be easily eliminated.

Vessey added as a concussion victim.

So how much longer will it take the NHL, and all hockey leagues, to rule that any head shot, such as with an arm, is automatically a penalty? If you lead with your body, it's very hard to do a head shot. There has to be a way of writing the rules so that these are a penalty. Each player's successive penalty would be a greater penalty. I don't want to feel like I have to quit hockey, as I've already quit football.

Re: Hockey Concussions
Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 16, 2018 10:22AM

Jim Hyla
So how much longer will it take the NHL, and all hockey leagues, to rule that any head shot, such as with an arm, is automatically a penalty? If you lead with your body, it's very hard to do a head shot. There has to be a way of writing the rules so that these are a penalty. Each player's successive penalty would be a greater penalty. I don't want to feel like I have to quit hockey, as I've already quit football.

The players need a lot more power, and another generation of Olds in the NHL team hierarchies have to drop dead.

We're getting there but the Morlocks are still prevalent. Go to a juniors game -- the fights are what gets the crowd moving. The sport is still marketed primarily to apes, and as long as the money is there the owners will run it as MMA-on-ice.

tl;dr: We're the future but the subhumans have to die first. #nopolitics
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2018 10:24AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-217-17.myvzw.com)
Date: February 16, 2018 10:33AM

Trotsky
Jim Hyla

The players need a lot more power, and another generation of Olds in the NHL team hierarchies have to drop dead.

We're getting there but the Morlocks are still prevalent. Go to a juniors game -- the fights are what gets the crowd moving. The sport is still marketed primarily to apes, and as long as the money is there the owners will run it as MMA-on-ice.

tl;dr: We're the future but the subhumans have to die first. #nopolitics

There was a time when fighting helped police the game. If you cheapshotted someone, you has to answer the Bell and fight that team's enforcer.

That's no longer true today. First of all, teams don't really have enforcers, though they have a few guys that are expected to fight. Second, if you cheapshot someone now, the other team's fighter will seek out... your fighter. It doesn't really so much.

Fun exercise that happened to me once. Imagine you're at a bar and a person from another country that has zero hockey whatsoever comes up to you while a hockey game is on. This person asks why certain types of hitting are penalties, except sometimes the refs let guys wail on each other for a minute before enforcing those rules.

It's surprisingly difficult to explain.

Posted by: BigRedHockeyFan (---.apn.wlan.upenn.edu)
Date: February 16, 2018 09:22PM

"subhumans" re: Trostky
Ditto

It's supposed to be a game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login