Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Canada/Cornell Women's Hockey (duh - SPOILERS, Greg)

Posted by jkahn 
Canada/Cornell Women's Hockey (duh - SPOILERS, Greg)
Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 11, 2018 09:30AM

Canada Women defeat OAR(Olympic Athletes from Russia) 5-0. Rebecca Johnston had 2 goals, one assist. Canada's first goal was Johnston from Jenner and Saulnier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2018 10:36AM by Beeeej.

Re: Canada/Cornell Women's Hockey
Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 11, 2018 09:33AM

jkahn
Canada Women defeat OAR(Olympic Athletes from Russia) 5-0. Rebecca Johnston had 2 goals, one assist. Canada's first goal was Johnston from Jenner and Saulnier.

RJ was interviewed on USA Network in the postgame report.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 11, 2018 10:13AM

jkahn

In the highlight clips of Canada’s first two goals (from your favorite locked-down NBC digital source) the announcers happened to be talking about the Cornell players right before each score.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 11, 2018 11:41AM

RichH
jkahn

In the highlight clips of Canada’s first two goals (from your favorite locked-down NBC digital source) the announcers happened to be talking about the Cornell players right before each score.

Video here.

Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: February 13, 2018 10:06AM

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 13, 2018 10:34AM

If you would put "SPOILERS" in the thread title it might stop me from prematurely clicking. This is special pleading. Evidently, I cannot trust myself to think before I click.

Re: Canada/Cornell Women's Hockey (duh - SPOILERS, Greg)
Date: February 13, 2018 01:03PM

Thank you.

Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: February 13, 2018 04:50PM

Next up - USA. Wednesday, 10:10-12:30 am, NBCSN (LIVE)

Posted by: RichH (107.77.76.---)
Date: February 13, 2018 07:38PM

George64
Next up - USA. Wednesday, 10:10-12:30 am, NBCSN (LIVE)

Canada vs USA Wednesday 10:10 PM EST (just wanted to avoid the am/pm confusion for the start time)

USA men w/ Ryan Donato make their debut at 7:10 AM EST.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2018 07:40PM by RichH.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: February 13, 2018 07:44PM

Also, Ben Scrivens and the Canadian men's team have the following preliminary round schedule (times EST):

Thursday, Feb. 15    7:10 a.m.   Canada-Switzerland
Friday, Feb. 16      10:10 p.m.  Canada-Czech Republic
Sunday, Feb. 18      7:10 a.m.   Canada-South Korea

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2018 07:45PM by Beeeej.

Date: February 14, 2018 09:46AM

RichH
Canada vs USA Wednesday 10:10 PM EST (just wanted to avoid the am/pm confusion for the start time)

Let's Go Red!

Looking for a safe and sane streaming site right now. Ideally with the Canada broadcast team to avoid the herpa-derp.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2018 09:49AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 14, 2018 11:16PM

Jenner assists on the first Canada goal (Agosta) at 7:18 of the 2nd, 1-0.

Date: February 14, 2018 11:35PM

Saulnier almost scores with 8 seconds to go in the 2nd. 2-zip through 2.

This is a very entertaining game.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 15, 2018 12:31AM

can't believe the puck didn't go in there for the usa.

i know that this is a mostly Cornada fan club but every two years I get my jingo on.

Date: February 15, 2018 07:38AM

ugarte
i know that this is a mostly Cornada fan club but every two years I get my jingo on.
Nation-states come and go, but real estate scams that cost our parents $200k are forever.

Posted by: Ninian 72 (165.224.212.---)
Date: February 15, 2018 09:57AM

Announcers stated during the OAR game that Johnston, Jenner, and Saulnier played on the same line at Cornell. Anyone remember whether this is true? After watching Jenner's feed to Johnston for her first goal, this is certainly plausible. What a pretty play!

Date: February 15, 2018 10:29AM

Ninian 72
Announcers stated during the OAR game that Johnston, Jenner, and Saulnier played on the same line at Cornell. Anyone remember whether this is true? After watching Jenner's feed to Johnston for her first goal, this is certainly plausible. What a pretty play!
Well, Saulnier is a defenseman, so...

Edit: I guess she was a forward in college, so never mind.

Edit edit: I was thinking of Rougeau so, uh, as you were.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2018 10:33AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 15, 2018 10:57AM

Trotsky
Ninian 72
Well, Saulnier is a defenseman, so...

Edit: I guess she was a forward in college, so never mind.

Edit edit: I was thinking of Rougeau so, uh, as you were.

Posted by: mattj711 (---.sub-174-232-0.myvzw.com)
Date: February 15, 2018 11:01AM

They did, but Johnston Saulnier only were on the team together for one year.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2018 11:03AM by mattj711.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 15, 2018 11:45AM

whoops
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2018 11:45AM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: billchu (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 15, 2018 01:42PM

Ninian 72

That Would be 2011-2012. That was the year of the 3OT game in the NCAA QF against BU. Count how many Canada Olympians were on the ice at Lynah that night.

[bit.ly]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2018 01:43PM by billchu.

Posted by: RichH (134.223.230.---)
Date: February 20, 2018 07:33PM

Perhaps this is a better spot to put this good article about the sisters from Lansing who founded the Cornell and BC Women's teams.

[www.wbur.org]

Gold Medal game tomorrow night. Canada has 5 Cornell products. USA has 5 from BC.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2018 08:33AM

SO glad dss28 and I stayed up to watch last night's game to the end. I don't love winning by shootout, but I love winning. Watching the U.S. women control the play during overtime was a beautiful thing.

Our Cornellians from Canada did great, and they somewhat outskated the Americans for a good chunk of the game, but Rooney did a fabulous job and the U.S. team deserved this victory big time.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: February 22, 2018 08:48AM

Bah.

Posted by: Larry72 (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2018 09:53AM

Trotsky
Bah.
+1

To watch a great game be ruined by shootout was very disappointing. Especially at 2am! Let them play.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-147.myvzw.com)
Date: February 22, 2018 10:12AM

Larry72
Trotsky
Bah.
+1

To watch a great game be ruined by shootout was very disappointing. Especially at 2am! Let them play.

I'm at work today and very happy I didn't stay up to watch a #$#@ shootout! If lucky my DVR recording ends before the shootout begins.

Posted by: CU2007 (---.sub-70-214-76.myvzw.com)
Date: February 22, 2018 10:26AM

marty
Larry72
Trotsky
Bah.
+1

I'm at work today and very happy I didn't stay up to watch a #$#@ shootout! If lucky my DVR recording ends before the shootout begins.

I didn’t watch, but by all accounts the US dominated the OT, so at least the shootout went the way the game *probably* would have.

Date: February 22, 2018 11:08AM

CU2007
marty
Larry72
Trotsky
Bah.
+1

I didn’t watch, but by all accounts the US dominated the OT, so at least the shootout went the way the game *probably* would have.
I got that impression too. I'm surprised Canada didn't blow them out -- we looked like a far more skilled team (through Carnelian glasses). I guess USA found a good strategy to nullify the advantage.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2018 11:09AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: marty (199.168.151.---)
Date: February 22, 2018 11:16AM

Trotsky
CU2007
marty
Larry72
Trotsky
Bah.
+1

I got that impression too. I'm surprised Canada didn't blow them out -- we looked like a far more skilled team (through Carnelian glasses). I guess USA found a good strategy to nullify the advantage.

If the NCAA can play to infinity why not the Olympics?

As I've said in the past referring to the OT games in the playoffs "Is this heaven or hell?"

Shootouts are worse than hell.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.sub-174-199-72.myvzw.com)
Date: February 22, 2018 11:36AM

marty
Trotsky
CU2007
marty
Larry72
Trotsky
Bah.
+1

As I've said in the past referring to the OT games in the playoffs "Is this heaven or hell?"

Deciding an important hockey championship with a shootout is like deciding a tied seventh World Series championship game with a home run hitting contest. Ridiculous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2018 11:37AM by Al DeFlorio.

Posted by: Killer (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2018 11:51AM

Al DeFlorio
marty
Trotsky
CU2007
marty
Larry72
Trotsky
Bah.
+1

Deciding an important hockey championship with a shootout is like deciding a tied seventh World Series championship game with a home run hitting contest. Ridiculous.

Totally agree. And it's not like they have to play another game after this. It's the gold medal game, for goodness sakes. Play hockey to the very end.

I also stayed up to the bitter end, and would have remained for however many periods might have been necessary (ain't retirement great?) Happy for the US women, but I was pulling for our former Big Red skaters. I found myself responding to every "USA" chant with "Let's Go Red!"

Nevertheless, big congrats to the gold medal-winning US Women's Hockey Team!

Date: February 22, 2018 11:54AM

Al DeFlorio
marty
Trotsky
CU2007
marty
Larry72
Trotsky
Bah.
+1

Don't give MLB any ideas.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.37.26.69.virtela.net)
Date: February 22, 2018 11:55AM

marty
Trotsky
CU2007
marty
Larry72
Trotsky
Bah.
+1

Television. if they can't edit all the non-American participants out of the broadcast, they want a game that will fit in a set time envelope.

I know the game was at 2 AM so what does it matter, but the replay(s) will not be.

Date: February 22, 2018 12:04PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
marty
Trotsky
CU2007
marty
Larry72
Trotsky
Bah.
+1

Television. if they can't edit all the non-American participants out of the broadcast, they want a game that will fit in a set time envelope.

At least they aren't editing out all the non-American goals.

Yet.

Posted by: Swampy (---.163.128.131.dhcp.uri.edu)
Date: February 22, 2018 03:45PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
marty
Trotsky
CU2007
marty
Larry72
Trotsky
Bah.
+1

I know the game was at 2 AM so what does it matter, but the replay(s) will not be.

There are other ways to solve such problems, and at 2 in the morning who'd give a shit. (Apologies to you located on the Pacific.)

Then there's the "let's just go home and come back tomorrow after school" approach.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2018 05:29PM

marty
Larry72
Trotsky
Bah.
+1

I understand the sentiment, guys, but there WERE a couple of beautiful goals scored, including the winner for the Blue team. Might be worth looking at. Maybe in late summer when the hockey-hungries turn fierce.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2018 07:01PM

TimV
marty
Larry72
Trotsky
Bah.
+1

I understand the sentiment, guys, but there WERE a couple of beautiful goals scored, including the winner for the Blue team. Might be worth looking at. Maybe in late summer when the hockey-hungries turn fierce.

Yes, you can still think that shootouts are ridiculous, but still feel that it was exciting, because it was.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login