Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

How to get tickets.

Posted by drs48 
How to get tickets.
Posted by: drs48 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 29, 2018 07:06PM

Cleared the way for my 69th b-day, Brown/Yale weekend. Haven't done this before....how do I go about securing two for Brown and one for Yale? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: How to get tickets.
Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2018 07:14PM

Several Optons:

Order online - [www.cornellbigred.com] and click on tickets.

Call the Ticket Office - 607-255-4247

Email - athletictickets@cornell.edu

Have fun and welcome back.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 29, 2018 07:23PM

they go on sale at tues 9am that week i think. its employee weekend and they have been working hard to sell tickets for that of they 2-300 that were not season tickets so dont know how many for the Sat game are floating around. its also SR night isnt it? probably be a sell out. the Brown game should not be a problem.

Posted by: drs48 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 29, 2018 07:24PM

Thanks so much.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: January 29, 2018 07:25PM

drs48
Cleared the way for my 69th b-day, Brown/Yale weekend. Haven't done this before....how do I go about securing two for Brown and one for Yale? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I was about to suggest checking out the Ticket Exchange Forum right here on this site, but just before I did, I saw you'd submitted a post for approval. :-)

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 29, 2018 09:39PM

upprdeck
they go on sale at tues 9am that week i think. its employee weekend and they have been working hard to sell tickets for that of they 2-300 that were not season tickets so dont know how many for the Sat game are floating around. its also SR night isnt it? probably be a sell out. the Brown game should not be a problem.
It's during the new February Break, though, so I imagine a lot of student seats will be available.

Date: January 30, 2018 07:31AM

that might be why they pushed so hard to move tickets with employee weekend.. if student tickets didnt include the weekend there might be 1k more floating around.

Posted by: jfeath17 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 30, 2018 07:59AM

Student season tickets don't include those games. First time they've done that.

Posted by: BearLover (---.sub-70-214-115.myvzw.com)
Date: January 30, 2018 08:57AM

jfeath17
Wait, seriously? So not even an incentive for students to stick around over break for senior night. Such a shame

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.epa.gov)
Date: January 30, 2018 09:56AM

Seems wise to me. Most students aren't going to stick around. So this way sections of tickets don't get stuck with people that aren't going to use them, so the program can try to sell them to people that will. And for students that may be inclined to stick around, they can easily buy a ticket.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: January 30, 2018 10:18AM

Josh 03
Seems wise to me. Most students aren't going to stick around. So this way sections of tickets don't get stuck with people that aren't going to use them, so the program can try to sell them to people that will. And for students that may be inclined to stick around, they can easily buy a ticket.

Might be better for students simply to encourage them to use the elynah ticket exchange, or set up some sort of Athletics Department exchange. ("Authorize us to sell your seat for games during February vacation, and we will give you a voucher for a free slice of pizza at the next game you attend.";)

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: January 30, 2018 10:43AM

they really should give the students the otion up front, much like they do for the playoff tickets.. let the kids decide if they want tickets over break when then buy them.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-131.myvzw.com)
Date: January 30, 2018 10:48AM

jfeath17

This sucks because my Eli son was sold tickets in section O. I'm sitting with him.
:-(

Posted by: jfeath17 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 30, 2018 11:06AM

upprdeck
they really should give the students the otion up front, much like they do for the playoff tickets.. let the kids decide if they want tickets over break when then buy them.

Well they got rid of that option too. They all come with the playoff tickets now.

Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: January 30, 2018 11:15AM

Good.

That takes one seat away from other Blues. And one more option for the guy who started the thread. Call the Yale ticket office and sit at our attacking end for two periods.rock

Wear your RPI hat so I can spot you on ILDN.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-131.myvzw.com)
Date: January 30, 2018 11:26AM

TimV
Good.

That takes one seat away from other Blues. And one more option for the guy who started the thread. Call the Yale ticket office and sit at our attacking end for two periods.rock

The only RPI hat I could own would be a freebie from the Freakout. Will be wearing Albany ECAC hat on one vintage or another.

Watch for Janice and me in the other end this weekend.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: January 30, 2018 11:30AM

jfeath17
upprdeck

Well they got rid of that option too. They all come with the playoff tickets now.

they did? didnt even notice.

Posted by: BetterRedThanDead (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2018 03:02PM

Current Grad Student here, Brown and Yale weren't included in this year's season ticket package (nor were the winter break Canisus, Princeton, and Quinnipiac games), but for Brown and Yale students who have season ticket packages were emailed and had an opportunity to buy them at a discount before the general public on-sale. When I purchased mine there was a lot of availability for the Brown game, but the Yale game was selling pretty decently. I don't know the final numbers of how much got scooped up by students for either game.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 03:06PM by BetterRedThanDead.

Posted by: marty (199.168.151.---)
Date: January 30, 2018 03:22PM

TimV
Good.

I was once sitting in section O when Dave Peace '75 was also there as his son, Dan, was playing for RPI. I didn't recognize Dave at the time but we were comparing notes a little later that year or early in the next season. He remembered that RPI got robbed because there was a Cornellian in the crease for one of the Red's goals. I had been taking pictures with a new camera that game and had a series of shots that pretty much proved he was right - which I later emailed to him. I wish I had realized he was in O that night.demented

Posted by: gonyr (---.buffalo.res.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2018 04:14PM

Call the Yale ticket office. I've done this before to bring a group of 20 to Lynah and have seats together. They are very friendly, and won't care that you have no affiliation with Yale (unlike those jerks at Princeton). I'm pretty sure they'll take care of you, with the only downside that you have to be in section O.

Posted by: Killer (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 30, 2018 10:39PM

Agreed. I've done it on several occasions in the past and was always successful, though Harvard seemed to hold off until the last minute before giving them to non-Harvard people.

Look at it this way - Section O may suck, but packing more Cornell fans in there makes it suck less...and the view is great.

Date: January 30, 2018 11:01PM

wait.. those of us in section o take exception to that statement.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login