Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Miami 12/1-2

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Miami 12/1-2
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 25, 2017 10:56PM

Anyone going? I plan on making the trip. I bought some cheap tickets on StubHub. So if anyone is needing some, let me know. I believe our section is 7.

Re: Miami 12/1-2
Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.lightspeed.mssnks.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 26, 2017 12:03PM

Jim - I've been contemplating this trip for awhile to add a state that I've never seen hockey in, besides the fact that it could well be the closet Cornell gets to me this season. My 18-month old will have a say in my final decision, which is never truly a yes till I walk out the door, but I should know if it's a no (and a likely yes) by tomorrow morning.

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 26, 2017 02:48PM

This will be a tough challenge for the Red. Miami is a premier program that has had a few down years but seems to be back on its way up. It is .500 in the best conference in college hockey. I would be happy with a split.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 26, 2017 06:47PM

"Play well and the results will come."

I think Miami is going to be of similar quality to BU. Throw in the home advantage and our long trip and we might lose a step to them.

But I'm starting to believe that this Cornell team has some reserves of both poise and heart, as well as talent. It seems like every weekend another frosh comes out of nowhere to be impressive. I believe if they bring their best game they should be the team to beat in this series.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 26, 2017 09:49PM

Trotsky
"Play well and the results will come."

I think Miami is going to be of similar quality to BU. Throw in the home advantage and our long trip and we might lose a step to them.

But I'm starting to believe that this Cornell team has some reserves of both poise and heart, as well as talent. It seems like every weekend another frosh comes out of nowhere to be impressive. I believe if they bring their best game they should be the team to beat in this series.

Just to reinforce this sentiment. We're still a very young team, and after the Clarkson debacle we rose to beat BU. I think we have yet to see this team play at its best.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: November 27, 2017 09:21AM

we need a split just to keep the PWR high.. right now Miami is just above Niagara and Canisius is now our highest rated OC team..

Re: Miami 12/1-2 - Online Streaming
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: November 27, 2017 04:52PM

The two games at Miami this weekend will be streamed on NCHC-TV, at:

[www.nchc.tv]
and
[www.nchc.tv]

If you go for the monthly pass to watch both games, be sure to get the Miami monthly pass for $19.95, not the NCHC monthly pass for $26.95. (Unless of course you want to watch a bunch of other NCHC games in December, in which case the extra $7 is a fantastic deal.)

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2017 04:58PM by Beeeej.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: November 28, 2017 07:53AM

Beeeej
The two games at Miami this weekend will be streamed on NCHC-TV, at:

[www.nchc.tv]
and
[www.nchc.tv]

If you go for the monthly pass to watch both games, be sure to get the Miami monthly pass for $19.95, not the NCHC monthly pass for $26.95. (Unless of course you want to watch a bunch of other NCHC games in December, in which case the extra $7 is a fantastic deal.)

Since I'm going, I won't be watching the broadcast.doh However I would like to record the games when I get back. Would anyone be willing to send me their sign in credentials after they are through watching? If so I'd be able to record the archived games. If not, I'll spring for the $20 when I get back.

You can PM me if you decide to do it. I'll be getting home Sunday PM and I'm taking Monday off, so I'd probably try recording then. When I'm recording, I'd let you know, so you don't try and sign in at that time.

Thanks

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 28, 2017 08:40AM

You'd think that after the game airs live, each school would have rights to the rebroadcast. You'd think.

Date: November 28, 2017 09:45AM

You would think that the IVY league would have its act together and not have people pay to watch their teams games on the ivy network and then have to pay a full fee again to watch it on some other schools network.. I'm not against paying twice but it shouldn't be a full fee as though we weren't already paying for games.. The leagues could work out some arrangement if just a little thought was put into it.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 28, 2017 10:07AM

upprdeck
if just a little thought was put into it.
I think I may have located the problem...

Date: November 28, 2017 11:25AM

Yeah.. I forget we all know why the athletic dept has so many issues.

Date: November 28, 2017 11:32AM

upprdeck
You would think that the IVY league would have its act together and not have people pay to watch their teams games on the ivy network and then have to pay a full fee again to watch it on some other schools network.. I'm not against paying twice but it shouldn't be a full fee as though we weren't already paying for games.. The leagues could work out some arrangement if just a little thought was put into it.

As is always my first question when someone posts a complaint like this one here on eLF:

Have you asked ILDN and/or NCHC if they can discuss making such arrangements? I know it's shocking, but when extra work is involved, service providers often respond only to actual evidence of demand.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 28, 2017 08:41PM

yes and the school too. no response from ILDN. school is not interested.

Date: November 29, 2017 05:52PM

It turns out I'm not going to Miami. The sister of one of the docs in my office just died and we had to rearrange our call schedule, such that I can't go. So I'll be buying and watching along with everyone else.

Thanks to all who offered me their key, it was much appreciated.

If you hear of anyone who wants tickets in the "CU section", tell them to contact me. Otherwise off to StubHub I go.

Posted by: CU2007 (160.254.20.---)
Date: November 30, 2017 09:25AM

Useful info:

[www.nchc.tv]

NCHC TV has a Roku channel as well as Apple TV compatibility.

Date: November 30, 2017 09:44AM

> Users with the 4th generation Apple TV can download the NCHC.tv app from the App Store on their Apple TV device.

The fuck am I supposed to do that? My Apple TV device is a tiny little transceiver with a tinier, littler remote that gives me a menu of Netflix and about 8000 other options on it, but I don't see anything about downloading apps to it.

Date: November 30, 2017 10:21AM

Trotsky
> Users with the 4th generation Apple TV can download the NCHC.tv app from the App Store on their Apple TV device.

The fuck am I supposed to do that? My Apple TV device is a tiny little transceiver with a tinier, littler remote that gives me a menu of Netflix and about 8000 other options on it, but I don't see anything about downloading apps to it.

Hey, hey, hey. Be cool.

Maybe this will help: Download apps and games using the App Store.

Date: November 30, 2017 11:04AM

Swampy
Trotsky

Hey, hey, hey. Be cool.

Thanks Buckaroo. I needed that.

To browse apps on your Apple TV, open the App Store.

I think this is the issue -- I'm not in front of it but I don't remember having an App Store link on my Apple TV the way I do on my SmartPhone.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 11:25AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Weder (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 30, 2017 11:53AM

Trotsky
Swampy
Trotsky

Hey, hey, hey. Be cool.

I think this is the issue -- I'm not in front of it but I don't remember having an App Store link on my Apple TV the way I do on my SmartPhone.

Are you sure you have a 4th-generation Apple TV? (Black remote instead of silver.) No App Store on the older models.

Date: November 30, 2017 12:30PM

Weder
Trotsky
Swampy
Trotsky

Hey, hey, hey. Be cool.

Are you sure you have a 4th-generation Apple TV? (Black remote instead of silver.) No App Store on the older models.

Well.

Shit.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 12:31PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.coxfiber.net)
Date: November 30, 2017 01:58PM

Beeeej
upprdeck

As is always my first question when someone posts a complaint like this one here on eLF:

Have you asked ILDN and/or NCHC if they can discuss making such arrangements? I know it's shocking, but when extra work is involved, service providers often respond only to actual evidence of demand.

I reached out to ILDN since the streaming services for both leagues are on the neulion platform. The response was that the services are completely separate and unrelated and no partial credits or refunds can be given. It was worth a shot.

Posted by: Swampy (---.163.128.131.dhcp.uri.edu)
Date: November 30, 2017 02:44PM

Trotsky
Weder
Trotsky
Swampy
Trotsky

Hey, hey, hey. Be cool.

Well.

Shit.

The NCHC.tv FAQ site says you can watch the show with a modern browser, including mobile browsers on Android & IOS devices. If you have an iPhone (or, I assume, iPad) there's also an app for that. If you can get it working on a mobile device but still want to view it on the big screen, maybe AirPlay or Chromecast will do the trick. You can still pick up a Roku Express at Target for $29 or Chromecast for $35. (BestBuy seems to be out of Chromecasts right now.)

Date: November 30, 2017 04:10PM

Swampy
Trotsky
Weder
Trotsky
Swampy
Trotsky

Hey, hey, hey. Be cool.

Well.

Shit.

The NCHC.tv FAQ site says you can watch the show with a modern browser, including mobile browsers on Android & IOS devices. If you have an iPhone (or, I assume, iPad) there's also an app for that. If you can get it working on a mobile device but still want to view it on the big screen, maybe AirPlay or Chromecast will do the trick. You can still pick up a Roku Express at Target for $29 or Chromecast for $35. (BestBuy seems to be out of Chromecasts right now.)

If I can view it via Chrome on a PC I'm happy.

If Chromecast lets me throw anything on Chrome onto my HDTV I'm thrilled. Is that what it does? I actually have a direct wireline from my PC to my TV, and the plan was to use it with multi display and just throw the second display to the TV and then pull anything I wanted to screen over there.

But my video card seems to be too dumb to recognize the HDMI out onto the TV as a display.

Then, last night, I realized that YouTube on my TV was smart enough to figure out that I had YouTube via AppleTV on my TV and it very happily let me throw YouTube videos initiated from my PC onto my TV. Now, could it do that because of the wireline or could it do that because the YouTube on my AppleTV said, "hey, you know what? I'm on the same wireless network as this idiot's clunky PC. Maybe I should tell him I'm here"? I dunno. Gonna test more tonight.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 04:11PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 30, 2017 04:33PM

I have an older Apple TV box.
I just use AirPlay to stream from my iPad.
Works like a charm.
Or, at least as well as the service that’s providing the video.

rock

Posted by: Swampy (---.163.128.131.dhcp.uri.edu)
Date: November 30, 2017 09:03PM

Trotsky

If I can view it via Chrome on a PC I'm happy.

If Chromecast lets me throw anything on Chrome onto my HDTV I'm thrilled. Is that what it does? I actually have a direct wireline from my PC to my TV, and the plan was to use it with multi display and just throw the second display to the TV and then pull anything I wanted to screen over there.

Well then you should be happy with Chrome on your PC. But yes, a Chromecast dongle should let you throw to your TV whatever you're watching with Chrome on your PC. I say "should" because I messed around with the first generation of Chromecasts, and they didn't always work very well. The current version is supposed to be much better, but I haven't tried it. YMMV.

Trotsky

But my video card seems to be too dumb to recognize the HDMI out onto the TV as a display.

Strange. If the video card has an HDMI output, one would think it would be sending signals via HDMI to the TV. Maybe there's some configuration settings in the setup, or if the card is as old as your 1st gen Apple TV, maybe it's kaput.

Trotsky
Then, last night, I realized that YouTube on my TV was smart enough to figure out that I had YouTube via AppleTV on my TV and it very happily let me throw YouTube videos initiated from my PC onto my TV. Now, could it do that because of the wireline or could it do that because the YouTube on my AppleTV said, "hey, you know what? I'm on the same wireless network as this idiot's clunky PC. Maybe I should tell him I'm here"? I dunno. Gonna test more tonight.

This is beyond my pay grade. If you have YouTube on the AppleTV, why bother with the PC at all? Throwing the video via AirPlay just adds another level of communication (and therefore signal degradation) and complexity. For example:

• Option 1: YouTube on PC -> AirPlay Connection -> ATV -> HDMI Connection -> TV
  • Option 2: YouTube on ATV -> HDMI Connection -> TV

KISS.

Oh, since Google owns YouTube, if you're signed into your Google account (e.g., for Gmail) on two or more devices, then Google may be telling all signed-in devices what you've been up to. So it may appear that the ATV knows what was going on on your PC, but in reality Google is just telling the ATV where you left off on the PC.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 09:07PM by Swampy.

Date: December 01, 2017 11:42AM

Swampy
If you have YouTube on the AppleTV, why bother with the PC at all?
Because Cornell games aren't on YouTube.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 01, 2017 04:57PM

For anyone subscribing to NCHC TV for the month, to watch these games, be aware that like the ILDN subscriptions, these are automatically set to auto-renew. If the policies are the same as with the ILDN, writing immediately after subscribing (while it's on your mind) to ask that the subscription not auto-renew works. I just subscribed and immediately wrote to prevent auto-renewal. I'll edit this post when I receive a response to my request.

Edit: They responded within the hour to say, as expected, that they had removed the automatic renewal option from my account.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2017 08:01PM by andyw2100.

Date: December 01, 2017 06:43PM

andyw2100
For anyone subscribing to NCHC TV for the month, to watch these games, be aware that like the ILDN subscriptions, these are automatically set to auto-renew. If the policies are the same as with the ILDN, writing immediately after subscribing (while it's on your mind) to ask that the subscription not auto-renew works. I just subscribed and immediately wrote to prevent auto-renewal. I'll edit this post when I receive a response to my request.
Thank you for this warning.

Date: December 01, 2017 07:06PM

Trotsky
Swampy
If you have YouTube on the AppleTV, why bother with the PC at all?
Because Cornell games aren't on YouTube.

Sorry. Your 4:10 PM post on 12/1 introduced YouTube into the conversation. I understood why you wanted something else for watching the hockey game and mentioned YouTube only to address your interest in coordinated YouTube viewing on your TV and PC.

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 01, 2017 08:09PM

I don't know if its the good lighting or the high camera, but we look much faster than I'm accustomed to seeing.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: December 01, 2017 09:06PM

Is it just me, or does the video keep repeating itself over and over.
Very annoying.

bang

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 01, 2017 09:17PM

chippy game. down 2-1 after 2 on two Miami PPG even though they only have 10 shots total so far. We have 18 shots so hopefully we can keep 5 skaters on the ice and put a couple past their guy. We've got 18 shots so I suspect we're controlling play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2017 09:23PM by ugarte.

Date: December 01, 2017 09:41PM

Galajda pulled after 2. Still down a goal halfway into the third.

Date: December 01, 2017 10:01PM

really controlled the vast amount of play.. 2 PP goals allowed and we got ofer..

played pretty well from the the radio sound of it.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 01, 2017 10:03PM

ugarte
Galajda pulled after 2. Still down a goal halfway into the third.

Yep. Stewart played the 3rd. My guess is that coach has been itching to get him some meaningful game time. If he's healthy, I wouldn't mind seeing a platoon emerge.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2017 10:04PM by RichH.

Date: December 01, 2017 10:03PM

Bleh. Pulled Stewart with 2:17 to go. Sounds like we had some chances but couldn't get it in.

Date: December 01, 2017 10:08PM

Why don't you guys join the in game chat? Try it tomorrow.

Date: December 01, 2017 10:10PM

5 on 5 we were the better team. Not on special teams however.

It was nice to see Coach pull the goalie with over 2 minutes to go. I think it speaks to the confidence he's getting with the team.

Date: December 01, 2017 10:17PM

Jim Hyla
5 on 5 we were the better team. Not on special teams however.

It was nice to see Coach pull the goalie with over 2 minutes to go. I think it speaks to the confidence he's getting with the team.
It's also the statistically correct move.

Date: December 02, 2017 05:57AM

ugarte
Bleh. Pulled Stewart with 2:17 to go. Sounds like we had some chances but couldn't get it in.
We had many terrific chances.

My only negative takeaway is that Miami seemed to always have the extra step on us and until the third they out-hustled us. When we had the puck they flew to us, hassled us, poke checked, broke up our passing. When they had the puck we hung back, watched the play develop, and generally treated them as if we closed the angle they would spring away from us like crickets. It's like we were playing zone and they were playing man on man.

We win last night's game 4 times outta 5, but despite being a very good team we've also been playing with a lot of puck luck and that's not repeatable.

A split to end the first third 10-2 would be brilliant.

Date: December 02, 2017 08:41AM

So, having been tied for 5th in PWR prior to this weekend, last night's loss drops us to... alone in 5th?!

I assume it makes sense looking at the other results, I just haven't bothered. **]

- Steve Worona

Posted by: KGR11 (---.sub-70-208-77.myvzw.com)
Date: December 02, 2017 09:20AM

I'm pretty sure there was a big gap between us and teams below us in RPI before last night's game. After last night, it got tighter. We'll probably drop multiple spots if we lose tonight.

Posted by: osorojo (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: December 02, 2017 12:33PM

A winning hockey team with overwhelming individual talent can use the same game plan every game. A hockey team with good talent wins or loses depending upon changing its game plan just about every game, and usually during a game. Looking at the Box Score of this game, which is the best I can do, makes me wonder what happened in this game besides the score?

Date: December 02, 2017 12:36PM

KGR11
I'm pretty sure there was a big gap between us and teams below us in RPI before last night's game. After last night, it got tighter. We'll probably drop multiple spots if we lose tonight.

This is why I post the PWR every week.

On Monday:
                                                         RPI
4	Notre Dame	56	12-3-1	.7812	3t	.6069*	4
5t	Cornell	        55	9-1-0	.9000	1	.6031*	5
5t	Western Michigan55	9-5-1	.6333	9	.5851	6
7	Minnesota	53	9-6-1	.5938	16	.5680	7

Today:
4	Notre Dame	56	13-3-1	.7941	3	.6116*	4
5	Cornell	        55	9-2-0	.8182	2	.5787*	5
6	Minnesota	54	10-6-1	.6176	12	.5760	6
7	Western Michigan53	9-6-1	.5938	15t	.5722	7

Read more: [www.uscho.com]

So you're correct. On Monday we had a gap from the teams below us, now the gap is from teams above us.

Date: December 02, 2017 01:08PM

osorojo
A winning hockey team with overwhelming individual talent can use the same game plan every game. A hockey team with good talent wins or loses depending upon changing its game plan just about every game, and usually during a game. Looking at the Box Score of this game, which is the best I can do, makes me wonder what happened in this game besides the score?

Did anybody who saw the game get a good view of the goals Galajda gave up? The best I could find was a few low-resolution clips on the Miami twitter. The first goal was from the point and it looked like Galajda was screened, and the second was from a Miami guy who roofed it after Cornell let him in close. So, neither were blatantly the goalie's fault based on the view I could find, but Schafer did pull him after two. Galajda now has a .909 SV% through 11 games. Stewart played 11 games his freshman year and had a .923 SV%. I would think there's a good chance we see Stewart tonight.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2017 01:09PM by BearLover.

Date: December 02, 2017 02:28PM

i think you get consistent play from galajda, you might get some high level play from Stewart, but i dont know as you can ride either of them full time as we usually try to do. Still 2 goals allowed will win us most nights as long as the offense shows up.. the PP struggles have gone on for 3 weeks now.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.buffalo.rr.com)
Date: December 02, 2017 02:29PM

Beeeej
So, having been tied for 5th in PWR prior to this weekend, last night's loss drops us to... alone in 5th?!

I assume it makes sense looking at the other results, I just haven't bothered. **]

Well BU taking out BC last night certain helps. In fact, BU against any ranked team can only help us in the pairwise.

Posted by: GBR1234 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 02, 2017 07:56PM

Just wondering... if anyone knows whether CU came in to Ohio by bus or airline?
It's about 8.5 hour drive.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2017 07:58PM by GBR1234.

Posted by: ACM (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 02, 2017 08:54PM

GBR1234
Just wondering... if anyone knows whether CU came in to Ohio by bus or airline?
It's about 8.5 hour drive.

I don't know, but I can't imagine any scenario in which flying would be more advantageous than busing. Shortest flight from Ithaca to Cincinnati (probably closest major airport to Oxford) is 4+ hours, from Syracuse to Cincinnati about 4 1/2 hours. Add in time on both ends for loading / unloading, check-in, etc., and you don't gain much (and that's assuming you could actually find 30 seats from either location, plus no flight-related glitches, always a dangerous assumption). Plus, can't get out of Cincinnati to either location until Sunday morning. Add to that, cost of flying vs. chartering bus, and I can't see any way they'd try to fly.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2017 08:56PM by ACM.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 02, 2017 08:57PM

Last night the Miami announcers said they left Wed and stayed in Erie PA overnight then got to Oxford on Thursday. Return may be more direct, I don't know.

Date: December 02, 2017 09:35PM

Encouraging weekend to close out a great first-third of the season. Wonder if the job is Stewart's to lose, if they'll go to a platoon, or if Galajda has looked enough better in practice that he's still the #1. My guess is Schafer thinks the goalies are pretty comparable and rides the hot hand or goes with a platoon. Though "hot hand" is probably a misnomer, because it might be more about getting a larger sample size to ascertain who is actually better.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2017 09:41PM by BearLover.

Date: December 02, 2017 09:41PM

do we fly anyplace but the florida trip? busing is probably 50-75% cheaper for this length of trip

Re: Miami 12/1-2 - Game 2 Cornell 4-0
Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 02, 2017 10:02PM

Finally recovered from bus lag for game 2. Interesting to see who's in goal when this picks up in 4 weeks vs. Canisius (Saturday 12/30). Also how soon (if) freshman Cam Donaldson returns.

NYC people almost could make Canisius as a day trip with the 4 p.m. start. I'm tempted.

Date: December 02, 2017 10:12PM

Canisius will be a tough game off the long layoff with no crowd. they are top 20 pwr now too.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2017 10:13PM by upprdeck.

Date: December 02, 2017 10:19PM

upprdeck
Canisius will be a tough game off the long layoff with no crowd. they are top 20 pwr now too.
Estero-on-Erie

Date: December 03, 2017 10:21AM

upprdeck

Just because there won't be many students doesn't mean no crowd. If no band, might expect IHS band to be there and of course the townies and imports. Suspect a bunch of small-fry hockey teams to get tickets. All this based upon past experience.

Date: December 03, 2017 10:42AM

Love this from the NCHC write-up on USCHO.

"Cornell splits the road series heading into an easier stretch against Ivy League opponents."

2 of our next 3, and 10 of the final 17, are non-Ivy. But why would you expect a journalist to know, or to do research. It's all "fake news".

Date: December 03, 2017 11:29AM

its a game over xmas break. IHS might bring a band but who knows given the holiday. Townies will be the only ones there and not in full force. Its an Opp most people dont even know play hockey. it was dead for the Niagara game and I think this will be an even worse crowd.

Date: December 03, 2017 01:01PM

What changed besides the numbers to create this about-face? A recovery from bus-butt, as has been suggested? Personnel change? Strategy change? I prefer to believe I live in a causal universe, but I can't discern the causes - at least not from reading box scores

Date: December 03, 2017 01:43PM

osorojo
What changed besides the numbers to create this about-face? A recovery from bus-butt, as has been suggested? Personnel change? Strategy change? I prefer to believe I live in a causal universe, but I can't discern the causes - at least not from reading box scores

Our early chances went in and theirs didn't. In game 1 we had 4 PPs, generating 10 SOG and 0 goals. They had 2 PPs, 2 shots and 2 goals. Game 2 we had 4 PPs with 5 SOG and 2 goals, while they had 3 PPs, 1 SOG and 0 goals.

If 1, or hopefully 2, of our 10 SOG had gone in, the first game would have been entirely different.

Date: December 03, 2017 04:28PM

Sounds like a game of chance?

Date: December 03, 2017 05:11PM

It felt like we played better friday and controlled the game.. sat we scored but Miami had many more solid chances.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.buffalo.rr.com)
Date: December 03, 2017 06:24PM

upprdeck
its a game over xmas break. IHS might bring a band but who knows given the holiday. Townies will be the only ones there and not in full force. Its an Opp most people dont even know play hockey. it was dead for the Niagara game and I think this will be an even worse crowd.

Back when I was a student, the instructor for the PE hockey class had actually played for Canisius in the early 2000's. And from some cursory searching it would seem that old Dusty is still doing it. Good for him.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2017 06:34PM by Iceberg.

Date: December 03, 2017 10:41PM

Jim Hyla
osorojo

Our early chances went in and theirs didn't. In game 1 we had 4 PPs, generating 10 SOG and 0 goals. They had 2 PPs, 2 shots and 2 goals. Game 2 we had 4 PPs with 5 SOG and 2 goals, while they had 3 PPs, 1 SOG and 0 goals.

If 1, or hopefully 2, of our 10 SOG had gone in, the first game would have been entirely different.
Just so.

Date: December 03, 2017 10:43PM

The winter break crowd is smaller but it's actually a lot of fun. Also, a ton of tickets got to local ute teams and those kids are a riot.

Date: December 04, 2017 12:22AM

Trotsky
Jim Hyla
osorojo

Just so.
Stupid Chaos Butterfly.

Date: December 04, 2017 09:24AM

ugarte
Stupid Chaos Butterfly.

Posted by: nshapiro (192.148.195.---)
Date: December 04, 2017 01:47PM

Trotsky
The winter break crowd is smaller but it's actually a lot of fun. Also, a ton of tickets got to local ute teams and those kids are a riot.

ute?

Posted by: KenP (---.ssmcnet.noaa.gov)
Date: December 04, 2017 01:50PM

nshapiro
Trotsky

ute?
[memes.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2017 01:55PM by KenP.

Posted by: jeff '84 (64.74.86.---)
Date: December 04, 2017 01:51PM

nshapiro
Trotsky

ute?

[youtu.be]

Posted by: nshapiro (192.148.195.---)
Date: December 04, 2017 04:04PM

jeff '84
nshapiro
Trotsky

ute?

[youtu.be]

I know...I guess it was hard to tell I was doing my best herman munster

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 12, 2017 07:27PM

Like many of us I didn't really believe that ILDN would be interested in pursuing a reciprocal agreement with other streaming video services. I did think that Cornell Athletics would have (could have?) grabbed the highlights for YouTube. Miami itself seems not to have the energy to post them.

Too bad for me as I had no reason to buy the games as I was watching live hockey in person those nights.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 12, 2017 08:35PM

marty
Like many of us I didn't really believe that ILDN would be interested in pursuing a reciprocal agreement with other streaming video services. I did think that Cornell Athletics would have (could have?) grabbed the highlights for YouTube. Miami itself seems not to have the energy to post them.

Too bad for me as I had no reason to buy the games as I was watching live hockey in person those nights.

The highlights can be found at NCHC.tv

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 12, 2017 08:36PM

scoop85
marty

The highlights can be found at NCHC.tv

Thanks!

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.sub-70-209-146.myvzw.com)
Date: December 13, 2017 06:34AM

Direct link to Saturday’s game highlights:
[www.nchc.tv]

After watching that I’m a bit more appreciative of the camera work/level of zoom on Cornell home games.

Date: December 13, 2017 09:24AM

JasonN95
[www.nchc.tv]

After watching that I’m a bit more appreciative of the camera work/level of zoom on Cornell home games.

Yes, raging incompetence does make mediocrity look pretty good by comparison.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: CU2007 (160.254.20.---)
Date: December 13, 2017 10:48AM

JasonN95
[www.nchc.tv]

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king!

Date: December 13, 2017 11:36AM

I kind of liked the Brownian motion of the camera. It was like German expressionist film with worse lighting.

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.IPYX-102276-ZYO.zip.zayo.com)
Date: December 13, 2017 03:32PM

Trotsky
I kind of liked the Brownian motion of the camera. It was like German expressionist film with worse lighting.
I appreciated the random camera switches during play because it forces you to consider whether "seeing the goals scored" is too outcome-oriented a consideration for enjoying hockey.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login