Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

10/27/17: Cornell 5 UAH 1

Posted by Trotsky 
10/27/17: Cornell 5 UAH 1
Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 27, 2017 07:04PM

Galajda starts. I can't recall the last goaltender to start in the first game of his freshman season. Maybe D'Alessio?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2017 05:18PM by Trotsky.

Re: 10/27/17 vs UAH
Posted by: CU2007 (---.sub-70-214-112.myvzw.com)
Date: October 27, 2017 07:07PM

ILDN down for anyone else?

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2017 07:29PM

So, the stripes on the home jerseys…

It wasn't obvious in person in the rink, but the single stripe along the bottom is a little higher than it should be. And there's the common problem (these days) about the color being a bit too "cherry" for my taste.

Why is there something subtly wrong with the jerseys almost every season recently?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2017 07:29PM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2017 07:42PM

From mha, it sounds like the late-showing virus is getting worse. It's now a "tradition." I mean, yeah, it's hard for us to feel excited for UAH, but it's the first game since March.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2017 07:43PM by RichH.

Posted by: A-19 (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 27, 2017 08:08PM

Scersk '97
So, the stripes on the home jerseys…

It wasn't obvious in person in the rink, but the single stripe along the bottom is a little higher than it should be. And there's the common problem (these days) about the color being a bit too "cherry" for my taste.

Why is there something subtly wrong with the jerseys almost every season recently?

I recall reading that Cornell has severed its relationship with Nike to provide jerseys, following a student protest on Nike's human rights conditions for workers. From the exhibition pictures, looks like we're back to using Bauer.

Posted by: A-19 (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 27, 2017 08:09PM

Trotsky
Galajda starts. I can't recall the last goaltender to start in the first game of his freshman season. Maybe D'Alessio?

Think we'd expect a goalie platoon until one differentiates himself? Coach has done that several times the last few seasons.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: October 27, 2017 09:21PM

CU2007
ILDN down for anyone else?

For me, ILDN worked great for during the game but they failed to online stay for the stick salute after the game. Inexcusable.

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 27, 2017 09:36PM

A-19
Trotsky

Think we'd expect a goalie platoon until one differentiates himself? Coach has done that several times the last few seasons.
Galajda started because Stewart was injured, so we don't really know anything about the goalie pecking order based on this game.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 27, 2017 09:44PM

We do know that the team is undefeated baby.

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 27, 2017 09:51PM

Galajda played really well. Made several great saves on the two 5x3 PKs. Very sharp for his first collegiate game. Most of us thought the lone UAH goal was on an offsides play. 99%+ sure that he will be in net Saturday night.

Posted by: billhoward (---.191.33.51.reliableservers.com)
Date: October 27, 2017 09:52PM

ugarte
Interesting. After all these years, typing Stephen Bâby doesn't auto-correct to Bâby. He's only been gone 14 years.

Date: October 27, 2017 10:35PM

billhoward
ugarte
Interesting. After all these years, typing Stephen Bâby doesn't auto-correct to Bâby. He's only been gone 14 years.
you need to capitalize it baby

Date: October 27, 2017 10:39PM

Larry72
Galajda played really well. Made several great saves on the two 5x3 PKs. Very sharp for his first collegiate game. Most of us thought the lone UAH goal was on an offsides play. 99%+ sure that he will be in net Saturday night.
It definitely looks offside. ILDN is doing a great job getting highlight packages up quickly

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 27, 2017 10:55PM

puck has to be all the way across true?

Date: October 27, 2017 10:58PM

still a strange rule that the refs dont have to replay things that dont want too.. Coach asked for a review and they refused to go look. I dont get why you have a rule and they sometimes review plays no one has any idea what they are looking for and then you have plays everyone thought was a blown call and they dont even bother. even if a coach wants to use his timeout they dont have to review a play?

Date: October 27, 2017 11:01PM

upprdeck
I can't get it closer than this and can't imagine that he held the line here - he was flying.

Date: October 27, 2017 11:31PM

he was in by about a ft on the replay i had.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 27, 2017 11:35PM

upprdeck
still a strange rule that the refs dont have to replay things that dont want too.. Coach asked for a review and they refused to go look. I dont get why you have a rule and they sometimes review plays no one has any idea what they are looking for and then you have plays everyone thought was a blown call and they dont even bother. even if a coach wants to use his timeout they dont have to review a play?

I thought the issue was that the only replay cameras available to the refs at Lynah are the goal cameras. If that's the case there would be no way to review whether or not the play was onside.

On a somewhat related note, after the Cornell goal that was waived off due to a high stick, the refs went to review it and came back almost instantly, seeming to say there was no video to review.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2017 12:53AM

In the postgame interview Schafer said there were guys “who didnt play the way we want them to” and that there will be some lineup changes tomorrow. Will be interesting to see who he is referring to, as no one stood out to me (other than Bauld perhaps because of the penalty) as having an especially poor game.

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: October 28, 2017 03:40AM

scoop85
In the postgame interview Schafer said there were guys “who didnt play the way we want them to” and that there will be some lineup changes tomorrow. Will be interesting to see who he is referring to, as no one stood out to me (other than Bauld perhaps because of the penalty) as having an especially poor game.
So typical of Coach Schafer to seem overly critical of convincing performance. He really seems to relish the opportunity to judge a win by its individual performances and a loss by the collective result. Seems a bit harsh to me for the first game of the season. He’s such a stickler for systems discipline and effort but this team has hardly had any time to practice, let alone get up to game speed.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2017 06:53AM

Cornell seemed have the jump on the puck the entire game. Great speed.
Unlike some past games, they never took the foot off the gas; even in period 3 with a comfortable lead.
This could be a really exciting team to watch.
And, Galadja made a stellar debut. It will be interesting to see if he gets the start tonight.
No, UAH isn’t Quinnipiac, but for Cornell’s first game they looked pretty sharp.
All in all....

GBR!!
cheer

Date: October 28, 2017 09:00AM

I think that we looked find coming thru center ice, and had a nice forecheck and some really nice passing creating tons of chances..

but he sees the many mistakes on D, the multiple bad line changes and the fact that up 3-0 we allowed 2 breakaways and then up 5-0 with 3 to go we fell asleep on D and gave up the shutout.

there were way too many sloppy passes on our own end that a better team might put home.

we created many of those same chances in the Ottowa game and only scored 1 and allowed a late goal to take away what should have been any easy win.

We are playing tons of FR.. he needs to clean up these issues before we get to the real season so we dont give away games. lets lose the ones we get outplayed not the ones we dominate.

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2017 09:07AM

Trotsky

David McKee.

Date: October 28, 2017 09:26AM

upprdeck
I think that we looked find coming thru center ice, and had a nice forecheck and some really nice passing creating tons of chances..

but he sees the many mistakes on D, the multiple bad line changes and the fact that up 3-0 we allowed 2 breakaways and then up 5-0 with 3 to go we fell asleep on D and gave up the shutout.

there were way too many sloppy passes on our own end that a better team might put home.

we created many of those same chances in the Ottowa game and only scored 1 and allowed a late goal to take away what should have been any easy win.

We are playing tons of FR.. he needs to clean up these issues before we get to the real season so we dont give away games. lets lose the ones we get outplayed not the ones we dominate.

Nice summary. There will be some growing pains, but as Jason mentioned on the webcast, the freshmen as a whole seem to have stepped right in and didn’t seem to be playing like freshmen in their 1st college game. While it’s early I think this group has the potential to be right up there with the best and most productive single class we’ve had going back to the 2003 team.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: October 28, 2017 09:56AM

ugarte
upprdeck
I can't get it closer than this and can't imagine that he held the line here - he was flying.

And unfortunately the linesman had already gone over the Blue Line. So his angle for the offsides wasn't true. At least on championship play those calls can be challenged.

Date: October 28, 2017 11:42AM

Jim Hyla
ugarte
upprdeck

And unfortunately the linesman had already gone over the Blue Line. So his angle for the offsides wasn't true. At least on championship play those calls can be challenged.

I’m not a fan of offsides being a reviewable play. Unlike last night, many times a goal is scored a minute or two after the offensive players cross the blue line. I think replay should be limited to actual goal/no goal decisions only.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: October 28, 2017 11:55AM

scoop85
Jim Hyla
ugarte
upprdeck

I’m not a fan of offsides being a reviewable play. Unlike last night, many times a goal is scored a minute or two after the offensive players cross the blue line. I think replay should be limited to actual goal/no goal decisions only.

I'd hate to have had that goal be the winner in a championship. I think there have to circumstances where it is reviewable.

Date: October 28, 2017 12:26PM

they can also use the tv feed if they want and ildn is pausable and re-windable.

really no reason to now have line camera as cheap as they are today.

Date: October 28, 2017 02:24PM

Jim Hyla
scoop85
Jim Hyla
ugarte
upprdeck

I'd hate to have had that goal be the winner in a championship. I think there have to circumstances where it is reviewable.
My line is "if the defense doesn't get a chance to set up." If you bring it in offsides and don't *score* from the advantage, but play continues normally, don't go back and check. No harm, no foul.

Date: October 28, 2017 03:13PM

ugarte
Jim Hyla
scoop85
Jim Hyla
ugarte
upprdeck

My line is "if the defense doesn't get a chance to set up." If you bring it in offsides and don't *score* from the advantage, but play continues normally, don't go back and check. No harm, no foul.

Agreed.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2017 03:34PM

upprdeck
they can also use the tv feed if they want and ildn is pausable and re-windable.

really no reason to now have line camera as cheap as they are today.

I know I have seen that done when watching NCAA tournament games. But are you saying that the setup is in place for them to be able to do that at Lynah, with the ILDN feed? If so, that is news to me.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 28, 2017 03:40PM

scoop85
I’m not a fan of offsides being a reviewable play.
You would be if you saw the game winner by Lake State in Albany in 96. cuss

Re: 10/27/17: Cornell 5 UAH 1
Posted by: marty (104.129.196.---)
Date: November 02, 2017 12:42PM

Trotsky

Nice start to hit #3 in the NCAA Top Five for the week.

Posted by: Swampy (---.163.128.131.dhcp.uri.edu)
Date: November 02, 2017 01:59PM

marty
Trotsky

Even nicer to be above the fold on USCHO.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 03, 2017 12:26PM

marty
Trotsky

Holy cow, those Union sweaters are awful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login