Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

NCAA Ticket Info

Posted by wakester2468 
NCAA Ticket Info
Posted by: wakester2468 (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2017 12:38PM

FYI. Here is a little information that some might find helpful and disappointing. Being a lifelong resident of Manchester and knowing the arena well.(It's no longer Verizon Wireless Arena,it's now SNHU Arena.} after just coming back from the ticket office, this is what I have found. First, they are not even selling the upper bowl which is half of the seats. Obviously says something about the low attendance they are expecting. The middle two sections on either side were sold out in advance. The next two sections from the blue line to the goal line on each end and side have been given to each school to sell themselves on campus. Thus, the only remaining seats to be purchased at the arena are end seats unless schools return unsold seats which is likely.Buying through Cornell directly you must purchase tickets for both days but at the arena you can buy individual days.The Manchester ticket office is taking a lot of heat for this ticket arrangement but in actuality it's the NCAA doing this. Not surprising to say the least. The first game between Lowell and Cornell should have a fairly respectable crowd with Lowell being only 30 miles away and Cornell always traveling well. The second game between Notre Dame and Minnesota there will crickets. Should Cornell win, Sunday's final could be very empty.

Re: NCAA Ticket Info
Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: March 21, 2017 02:38PM

it will be more interesting on sunday depending on how many people buy the full strips vs the single games. it could very well end up with sidelines empty and forcing people into the ends since they wont sell upperdeck seats.

stubhub could be quite busy though sat night as people try to dump seats they dont need. whoever wins lowell/cornell will own the place sunday either way.

Posted by: CU2007 (160.254.20.---)
Date: March 21, 2017 03:17PM

Seems it might be worth considering just buying the Saturday game and then (assuming we win) trying to buy on the cheap from dejected Lowell fans on the way out of the arena (or the second loser later on). This assumes you have no interest in watching Lowell - Minny/ND.

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2017 05:19PM

wakester2468
FYI. Here is a little information that some might find helpful and disappointing. Being a lifelong resident of Manchester and knowing the arena well.(It's no longer Verizon Wireless Arena,it's now SNHU Arena.} after just coming back from the ticket office, this is what I have found. First, they are not even selling the upper bowl which is half of the seats. Obviously says something about the low attendance they are expecting. The middle two sections on either side were sold out in advance. The next two sections from the blue line to the goal line on each end and side have been given to each school to sell themselves on campus. Thus, the only remaining seats to be purchased at the arena are end seats unless schools return unsold seats which is likely.Buying through Cornell directly you must purchase tickets for both days but at the arena you can buy individual days.The Manchester ticket office is taking a lot of heat for this ticket arrangement but in actuality it's the NCAA doing this. Not surprising to say the least. The first game between Lowell and Cornell should have a fairly respectable crowd with Lowell being only 30 miles away and Cornell always traveling well. The second game between Notre Dame and Minnesota there will crickets. Should Cornell win, Sunday's final could be very empty.

Disagree with one detail: There were some seats available in the middle sections as of ~1pm sunday. I know sine I bought a pair in 121.

No idea if any are left, but while they probably sold most of the section (per your note) , they didn't sell all.

NOt that I expect a sellout, but if they sold out the lower bowl, you'd hope they opened up the upper.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2017 05:49PM

there are roughly 350 tickets left on ticketmaster. they may have some sections reserved in case a team needs more but i would expect some more to come back from the teams since many people will not want to pay for 3 sessions and only use 1.

i cant seem them turning people away if there is demand though and they can open up sections at a time..

you also have to wonder about them mixing fans who want to sit near their teams sections and no be sitting in sections of the majority of the opposing team.

Date: March 21, 2017 10:02PM

anyone know what the sellout number would be assuming they only sell the lower bowl? I Wonder if it could be even over 5000?

Date: March 22, 2017 07:45AM

You are right. It would be just about 5000. The ticket office did tell me that they would open the upper seating in case the lower was sold old . That being said, Minnesota and Notre Dame will most likely return a lot of tickets. I just don't like the fact that fans get the short end of it here.The upper lever seats are not bad seats at all and preferable to some. Forcing fans to sit in the end seats to save money staffing wise, is bogus.

Date: March 22, 2017 10:02AM

how much is it really saving them? a few ushers in the upperdeck isnt all that much savings? they dont need to open food areas upstairs if the demand is low. at $50 a ticket every ticket sold pays for an usher for several hours, it doesnt take long to add up.

Date: March 22, 2017 10:09AM

Couldn't agree more. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if the NCAA is responsible for this. A full lower level with cameras focused on it creates a much better image.
Look how they screwed Harvard. Nothing about them should ever be unexpected.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (161.185.161.---)
Date: March 22, 2017 10:23AM

wakester2468
Couldn't agree more. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if the NCAA is responsible for this. A full lower level with cameras focused on it creates a much better image.

When Princeton hosted the lacrosse quarterfinal a number of years ago, they packed all the fans onto one side of the stadium. At the time, we speculated it was for image purposes. The crowd looked great on TV.

Date: March 22, 2017 12:16PM

Greenberg '97
wakester2468

When Princeton hosted the lacrosse quarterfinal a number of years ago, they packed all the fans onto one side of the stadium. At the time, we speculated it was for image purposes. The crowd looked great on TV.

Agreed. I think it's also for in-rink atmosphere. Having fans all crowded together in a full lower bowl vs scattered about the arena seems like it would generate more fan energy (esp. noise/cheers).

Date: March 22, 2017 01:04PM

Once you get above 75% the place will look full and since most cameras will only show part of the arena who will notice it anyway.

in addition the game is mostly being streamed to espn3 so the casual fan isnt going to stumble across the game , for the most part only die-hard team fans will be watching. this isnt Womens Bball where it was on ESPN and there were a few hundred people in the stands.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2017 01:46PM

I heard this looked great on TV but the crowd was equal to about half the stadium capacity (15K of 30K) so there was little room to move around. I think Princeton said it was the NCAA that did it.

Posted by: CU2007 (160.254.20.---)
Date: March 22, 2017 01:51PM

billhoward
I heard this looked great on TV but the crowd was equal to about half the stadium capacity (15K of 30K) so there was little room to move around. I think Princeton said it was the NCAA that did it.

Didn't they used to hang a big curtain in front of the upper deck in Albany?

Re: NCAA Ticket Info - Manchester seating Cornell Sec 122
Date: March 22, 2017 02:01PM

[corrected seating chart] The NCAA and ECAC always seem to put the four schools in the corners and save blue line to blue line for others. Cornell is in Section 122. This is a seating chart for Dancing on Ice which seemed closer than the tennis or boxing or stage concert seating charts. If you wanted seats between the blue lines, it'd be 102 (closest to 122), 103 (center ice), 104.

Seating capacity for hockey is 9,852. If you google 'manchester arena seating capacity' and get 21,000, that's for Manchester, UK.

For driving:
SNHU Arena (Southern New Hampshire Arena)
555 Elm Street
Manchester, New Hampshire 03101

6 hours, 360 miles from Ithaca. (245 / 4:15 from NYC.) Providence would have only been 35 miles less.

12 noon Saturday
3:30 p.m. Sunday

Below is the corrected seating chart. In section 122, it appears the Cornell section is the section Cornell shoots at in the first and third periods if it is the lower ranked / visiting team (for sure Saturday and also Sunday if it plays the 1-seed).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2017 03:51PM by billhoward.

Date: March 22, 2017 02:05PM

CU2007
billhoward
Albany did and the curtain did a nice job hiding all the empties. But then Albany holds 14,236 for hockey, a huge size for a town of 98,000 -- one seat for every seven residents.

Posted by: RichH (134.223.116.---)
Date: March 22, 2017 02:23PM

billhoward
The NCAA and ECAC always seem to put the four schools in the corners and save blue line to blue line for others. Cornell is in Section 122. This is a seating chart for Dancing on Ice which seemed closer than the tennis or boxing or stage concert seating charts. If you wanted seats between the blue lines, it'd be 102 (closest to 122), 103 (center ice), 104.

Seating capacity for hockey is 9,852. If you google 'manchester arena seating capacity' and get 21,000, that's for Manchester, UK.

For driving:
555 Elm Street

6 hours, 360 miles from Ithaca. (245 / 4:15 from NYC.) Providence would have only been 35 miles less.

12 noon Saturday

The seating chart you posted (edit: and since corrected) is completely different than what ticketmaster or the SNHU Arena website shows. 122 is from the blue line to the circles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2017 05:05PM by RichH.

Date: March 22, 2017 02:28PM

RichH
billhoward
The NCAA and ECAC always seem to put the four schools in the corners and save blue line to blue line for others. Cornell is in Section 122. This is a seating chart for Dancing on Ice which seemed closer than the tennis or boxing or stage concert seating charts. If you wanted seats between the blue lines, it'd be 102 (closest to 122), 103 (center ice), 104.

For driving:
555 Elm Street

12 noon Saturday

The seating chart you posted is completely different than what ticketmaster or the SNHU Arena website shows. 122 is from the blue line to the circles.

+1 I went back to my ticketmaster order, and I had selected 121 on the site by picking a specific seat visually, and it definitely is between blue line and center ice (for 121)

Edit: a little research shows that the image posted by Bill is, amusingly, the UK arena.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2017 02:47PM by abmarks.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: March 22, 2017 04:13PM

billhoward

Below is the corrected seating chart. In section 122, it appears the Cornell section is the section Cornell shoots at in the first and third periods if it is the lower ranked / visiting team (for sure Saturday and also Sunday if it plays the 1-seed).

In the tournament the home team gets their choice of bench, so Lowell may or may not choose the same bench that the Manchester Monarchs use.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (161.185.161.---)
Date: March 22, 2017 04:48PM

billhoward

Bill, guess which two members of elynah commented at the time...

[elf.elynah.com]

Posted by: riverchief1 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2017 06:38PM

Lowell's bench is the one in front of Section 108 per their fan tournament page found HERE. Their fan sections are Sections 109 through 114.

Date: March 23, 2017 07:21AM

riverchief1
Lowell's bench is the one in front of Section 108 per their fan tournament page found HERE. Their fan sections are Sections 109 through 114.
Lowell's fan section has more news you can use: There's a half-marathon and parade scheduled nearby, starting at 10 a.m. and, unless these are world-class runners and parade-marchers, probably running through game time.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 23, 2017 07:28AM

billhoward
riverchief1
Lowell's fan section has more news you can use: There's a half-marathon and parade scheduled nearby, starting at 10 a.m. and, unless these are world-class runners and parade-marchers, probably running through game time.

Thanks for the heads up. It certainly would seem that parking will be a problem, even for those of us who get there early. Fortunately there is a parking garage nearby.

Posted by: riverchief1 (---.gov)
Date: March 23, 2017 10:31AM

Jim Hyla
billhoward
riverchief1

Thanks for the heads up. It certainly would seem that parking will be a problem, even for those of us who get there early. Fortunately there is a parking garage nearby.

Yes, we're aware of the event (thanks!) and on Lowell's tournament page HERE, they're doing their best to make people aware of it.

Note that there is also a tradeshow Made In New Hampshire taking place at the hotel so keep in mind that parking garage may also be under some strain from that event as well as the half marathon. Be on the lookout for surface lots and on street spaces in the area south of the marathon area and arena from what we've been told. Bottom line is allow for plenty of extra time to get in and settled.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 23, 2017 10:42AM

billhoward
riverchief1
Runners and hockey fans Venn diagram.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2017 08:16AM

billhoward
CU2007
billhoward
Albany did and the curtain did a nice job hiding all the empties. But then Albany holds 14,236 for hockey, a huge size for a town of 98,000 -- one seat for every seven residents.

City populations are old hat; we use MSAs now. Albany's arena draws regionally from a population of 1,168,485; thus, .012 seats per capita.

Date: March 24, 2017 08:47AM

Scersk '97
billhoward
CU2007
billhoward
City populations are old hat; we use MSAs now. Albany's arena draws regionally from a population of 1,168,485; thus, .012 seats per capita.
Point taken. Either way, way more seats available for the Albany region than for MSG, with 0.001 seats per capita.

Posted by: Robin (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2017 10:31AM

Anyone know which section the band will be in?

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 24, 2017 10:34AM

Robin
Anyone know which section the band will be in?

Date: March 24, 2017 11:25AM

That is: Band section 124 in the corner at ice level (maybe top of the level?), Cornell seating 122 just inside the blue line.

Posted by: Robin (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 25, 2017 01:10AM

CU also sold tix in section 123 and likely returned a bunch since many seats in that section opened up on ticketmaster.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login