Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Lake Placid Roll Call

Posted by Beeeej 
Lake Placid Roll Call
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 12, 2017 11:35PM

Beeeej + dss28!

banana banana

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: Lake Placid Roll Call
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2017 11:42PM

Trotsky and Anne '85

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.cws.sco.cisco.com)
Date: March 13, 2017 07:56AM

I'll be there!

CU in LP

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.sub-70-209-137.myvzw.com)
Date: March 13, 2017 10:59AM

Hopefully my wife & I.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2017 11:54AM

I'm planning on it. Janice is dependant on others. Maybe I'll have to draft "The Chief".

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2017 12:06PM

Saturday for sure (I'm optimistic), Friday is 50/50

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2017 02:42PM

marty
I'm planning on it. Janice is dependant on others. Maybe I'll have to draft "The Chief".
If you see "The Chief," give him my best. More goals!!!

Posted by: wakester2468 (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2017 03:15PM

I'm there.

purchasing Lake Placid tickets
Posted by: yougoon (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2017 07:58PM

I've been looking for announcements about tickets - does any one know if we should buy from ECAC website or is there a block that will be sold at Cornell? I want all-session tickets not just single game.
thanks.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2017 08:52PM

We should try to arrange an ELynah get together.

Re: purchasing Lake Placid tickets
Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 13, 2017 09:02PM

God, I wish.......
Wedding, reception, excessive drinking vs playoff hockey?!
Oh, well. Not my call.

drunk "Go Big Red!!"

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 13, 2017 11:36PM

I'll be there +5

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2017 07:26AM

yougoon
I've been looking for announcements about tickets - does any one know if we should buy from ECAC website or is there a block that will be sold at Cornell? I want all-session tickets not just single game.
thanks.

You can get them online from ticket office. However yesterday, and still today, they only offered pick up at will-call at CU, not at LP. I called yesterday and whoever answered, not Sue or Gene (So I assume a student?), told me that they were just told you can buy from CU and have them sent to will-call at LP. Also by calling you can pick your seat. The CU section is 11, on a corner. However the band will not be there. The other advantage of calling, is they don't charge the $2/ticket convenience fee. Hope that helps.

Here's a link to a seating chart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2017 07:37AM by Jim Hyla.

Posted by: yougoon (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2017 08:26AM

yes! this helps immensely. thank you.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2017 10:34AM

I should amend my last post. The band will be there, just not in Sec. 11 with the fans.

Posted by: Hooking (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: March 14, 2017 04:26PM

I envy you guys. If I could be there I would simply root for the Big Red, not parse the chances of them advancing if they loose.

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2017 05:46PM

I hope they are loose. They will probably play better than if they are nervous. :)

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.sub-70-209-137.myvzw.com)
Date: March 14, 2017 07:25PM

Hooking
I envy you guys. If I could be there I would simply root for the Big Red, not parse the chances of them advancing if they loose.

You had to say it, so I had to reply. I just can't help myself.

Why do you insist that those 2 things are incompatible? I think everyone would agree that I love CU hockey, but I'm not taking anything away from that by examining the possibilities if they lose. Both of those are positive thoughts about the team.

I don't know why you have to be so negative about others who have a different opinion than you have. I can fully understand why someone would only want to think about winning. It's too bad that you can't understand people who wonder what could happen if we lose.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2017 07:45PM

Jim Hyla
Hooking

Why do you insist that those 2 things are incompatible? I think everyone would agree that I love CU hockey, but I'm not taking anything away from that by examining the possibilities if they lose. Both of those are positive thoughts about the team.

I don't know why you have to be so negative about others who have a different opinion than you have. I can fully understand why someone would only want to think about winning. It's too bad that you can't understand people who wonder what could happen if we lose.

Bravo!

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.102.129.41.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: March 14, 2017 08:04PM

Jim Hyla
Hooking

+1

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2017 08:09PM

Hooking

Not only are these two things mutually exclusive, but there are two separate tournaments. It isn't an "either/or" situation here as a fan. We are currently in one tournament, and I'm hoping to win it. Another doesn't begin for another week. I don't see an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament as a consolation prize, but rather a reward for a full season of hard work and good play.

Date: March 14, 2017 08:16PM

Jim Hyla
yougoon
thanks.

You can get them online from ticket office. However yesterday, and still today, they only offered pick up at will-call at CU, not at LP. I called yesterday and whoever answered, not Sue or Gene (So I assume a student?), told me that they were just told you can buy from CU and have them sent to will-call at LP. Also by calling you can pick your seat. The CU section is 11, on a corner. However the band will not be there. The other advantage of calling, is they don't charge the $2/ticket convenience fee. Hope that helps.

Here's a link to a seating chart.

There's also the option of just buying them at the arena box office. The closest this tournament has come to sell out was with UVM and North Country presence, and none of them will be there, and I doubt even Harvard's 6 jerk fans have the desire to buy up all the tickets.

Date: March 14, 2017 08:17PM

Yeah, I'll be there. Just look for the temporarily crippled man and that most likely will be me.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2017 11:16PM

Be there +1, my son who has worked the CanAm summer hockey camps at Placid the past decade.

If there's an eLynah dinner gathering, we might take part Saturday (Friday we want to see both games).

For after game celebrating (drinking) there are plenty of choices. Wiseguys, a sports bar a couple minutes walk from the rink (11 School St., away from the main part of town) has lots of hockey on, or the basketball tournament.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 15, 2017 08:32AM

Note that Friday is St. Patrick's Day, and Lake Placid is as wicked wretched as anyplace within projectile vomiting and public urination distance of Boston that day.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2017 08:33AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 15, 2017 08:56AM

Trotsky
Note that Friday is St. Patrick's Day, and Lake Placid is as wicked wretched as anyplace within projectile vomiting and public urination distance of Boston that day.

As good a reason as any to arrive late Thursday night and spend Friday afternoon and evening inside a hockey rink.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2017 08:57AM by Beeeej.

Posted by: Give My Regards (98.159.210.---)
Date: March 15, 2017 10:41AM

Jim Hyla
I don't know why you have to be so negative about others who have a different opinion than you have.

Alexa, can you define "trolling"?

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.IPYX-102276-ZYO.zip.zayo.com)
Date: March 15, 2017 11:07AM

Give My Regards
Jim Hyla
I don't know why you have to be so negative about others who have a different opinion than you have.

Seriously. You people are fish in a catch-and-release pond that keep swallowing the same fucking hook.

Date: March 15, 2017 04:31PM

ugarte
Give My Regards
Jim Hyla
Seriously. You people are fish in a catch-and-release pond that keep swallowing the same fucking hook.
To paraphrase Wilde: "I challenge you to a duel. You, sir, may choose the weapon." Ugarte: "I choose words. You, sir, are dead."

Date: March 15, 2017 04:35PM

Trotsky
And in New York City, it is the day people march up Fifth (close by to the Cornell Club), then stagger down Third.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.sub-70-209-144.myvzw.com)
Date: March 15, 2017 05:22PM

I'm now confirmed for Friday + 2

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-135.myvzw.com)
Date: March 17, 2017 05:34PM

If you bought tickets at the Cornell box office please get to the rink early. They didn't arrive by mail as planned. When we arrived they had to print alternate tickets.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login