Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Opponents News

Posted by Trotsky 
Page: Previous12 3 4Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Opponents News
Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.cws.sco.cisco.com)
Date: April 26, 2017 07:36AM

How 'bout this: We leave, form a new conference with us, RPI, Miami, BU, Wisconsin, and Sacred Heart.

We could call it the Big, Red Hockey Conference (note the comma). whistle

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: April 26, 2017 10:27AM

maybe we should be more people to donate money so that the Hockey team had a recruiting budget so they could go get the kids they need?

Posted by: BearLover (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: April 26, 2017 12:54PM

Al DeFlorio
BearLover
Still waiting for that rising tide to lift Cornell's boat...
You've told us this at least 500 times. I think that's 499 times too many.
One time for every time someone on here has said the opposite. bang

Posted by: RichH (134.223.116.---)
Date: April 26, 2017 02:32PM

BearLover

When you're on the open water, you can't really tell that your boat is up.

I'll make a guess that Cornell would not have received its at-large bid without having strong teams in our conference. All of our OOC opponents finished with a record below .500, and we went 5-2 in those games. The highest-ranked team we played on our OOC schedule finished at #30. **They did not make the tournament because of OOC opponents.** They made the tournament because they were able to play 15 games vs. teams in the top 25, ALL IN-LEAGUE, and they came out of it with a winning record in those games. That's why the at-large bid was in play at all, and if they were in a AHA-level league, they're on the outside of the at-large bubble.

That has always been my argument, and I don't understand how this isn't apparent to you, even after a season like this.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2017 02:36PM by RichH.

Posted by: BearLover (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: April 26, 2017 04:04PM

RichH
BearLover

When you're on the open water, you can't really tell that your boat is up.

I'll make a guess that Cornell would not have received its at-large bid without having strong teams in our conference. All of our OOC opponents finished with a record below .500, and we went 5-2 in those games. The highest-ranked team we played on our OOC schedule finished at #30. **They did not make the tournament because of OOC opponents.** They made the tournament because they were able to play 15 games vs. teams in the top 25, ALL IN-LEAGUE, and they came out of it with a winning record in those games. That's why the at-large bid was in play at all, and if they were in a AHA-level league, they're on the outside of the at-large bubble.

That has always been my argument, and I don't understand how this isn't apparent to you, even after a season like this.
Our league wasn't particularly great this year--we had three of the worst teams in the country. Going like 20-7-4 overall was what got us into the tournament, not going slightly over .500 vs. the top-25. But that's beside the point, because all of this is priced into the PWR--the same PWR that put us into the NCAAs in, for instance, 2002 and 2006, when our conference stunk (also see in 1996/1997, where we probably never could have won our tournament had we been forced to face the Harvards and Yales of today). My point remains that Cornell wins the ECAC less, makes the NCAA less, and gets the same or worse recruits than it did when the ECAC stunk. We got crushed in our NCAA game--a worse performance in the tournament than we ever had when the conference was bad. OTOH, we're coming off a good year and the future looks relatively bright. Anyway, it's my fault for bringing this up again. **]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: April 27, 2017 12:55PM

A step up from raping kids, anyway. Bâby steps.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 28, 2017 02:38PM

Trotsky
Special kind of Penn State skills competition for distance and accuracy. I'm seeing a special Nittany Lion punchline - Ugarte, work with me here - that pulls a multiple pun on 'golden showers'

Posted by: Swampy (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 29, 2017 02:19PM

billhoward
Trotsky
Special kind of Penn State skills competition for distance and accuracy. I'm seeing a special Nittany Lion punchline - Ugarte, work with me here - that pulls a multiple pun on 'golden showers'

Sounds like the work of the left-handed Klodover Mohel.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 29, 2017 04:58PM

No one has posted this recent item about what happened in Schenectady.whistle

Date: May 03, 2017 01:27PM

I'm sure there will be absolutely no reference to this incident at Lynah.

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: May 03, 2017 05:32PM

Trotsky

Sounds like a sticky situation. :-D

....I'll be here all week folks. Please tip your waitperson.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.cws.sco.cisco.com)
Date: May 04, 2017 04:09PM

Roy 82
Trotsky

Sounds like a sticky situation. :-D

....I'll be here all week folks. Please tip your waitperson.

This is a stick up!wank

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: May 05, 2017 07:04AM

Adam talks to Dave Smith about RPI and the process of the search. Nice discussion and if it's all true, it looks like the RPI search process was fine. They talk about the hockey alumni "issue".

Nice read.

Date: May 06, 2017 12:02PM

Jim Hyla
Adam talks to Dave Smith about RPI and the process of the search. Nice discussion and if it's all true, it looks like the RPI search process was fine. They talk about the hockey alumni "issue".

Nice read.

I would not expect him to give a negative opinion about the search process in his position. If other schools hire the same company in the next couple of years, it would mean it was a good idea.

It is good to hear that he ahs contacted some alumni who were dissatisfied.

Date: May 08, 2017 06:58PM

ursusminor
Jim Hyla

Nice read.

I would not expect him to give a negative opinion about the search process in his position. If other schools hire the same company in the next couple of years, it would mean it was a good idea.

Of course I don't ever expect any kind of negative in this type of interview. However it seemed like he was being very descriptive about why he thought they were good. He could have just said, "I thought they were very thorough in the way they researched me.'

But I think you're sort of correct that if we see other schools doing the same, it might show that this is a good idea. Following along doesn't always mean it's a good idea.

Date: May 09, 2017 12:10AM

Jim Hyla
ursusminor
Jim Hyla

Nice read.

Of course I don't ever expect any kind of negative in this type of interview. However it seemed like he was being very descriptive about why he thought they were good. He could have just said, "I thought they were very thorough in the way they researched me.'

But I think you're sort of correct that if we see other schools doing the same, it might show that this is a good idea. Following along doesn't always mean it's a good idea.

I agree. Maybe I should have said "If other schools hire the same company in the next couple of years, it would mean it wasn't a completely asinine idea." :-)

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: May 12, 2017 05:50AM

ursusminor
Jim Hyla
ursusminor
Jim Hyla

Nice read.

I agree. Maybe I should have said "If other schools hire the same company in the next couple of years, it would mean it wasn't a completely asinine idea." :-)
5-12-17 Troy Record

Date: June 16, 2017 08:56AM

CHN has a very nice feature: coaching changes going back to the beginning of the NC$$ era, 1948.

You too can now win a bar bet: who was the coach who replaced God when he left RPI for Cornell?

Answer: Rube Bjorkman. The fuck is Rube Bjorkman?
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2017 08:58AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: June 16, 2017 10:25AM

WHO the fuck is he? Well, I just learned he's the only North Dakota coach to never win a title or make the tournament in the modern era. Minnesota grad. Hmmm.

[www.uscho.com]

Date: June 16, 2017 11:22AM

RichH
WHO the fuck is he? Well, I just learned he's the only North Dakota coach to never win a title or make the tournament in the modern era. Minnesota grad. Hmmm.

[www.uscho.com]

He's no Cliff (Fido) Purpur, that's for sure.

Date: June 16, 2017 01:29PM

Note the USCHO coaching history for North Dakota shows the team nickname at the time, not as it stands now. Including years when it officially had none. [www.uscho.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2017 01:30PM by billhoward.

Date: June 16, 2017 01:55PM

billhoward
Note the USCHO coaching history for North Dakota shows the team nickname at the time, not as it stands now. Including years when it officially had none. [www.uscho.com]

I also noted on the UND team page on CHN that the old Sioux jerseys are marked down from $160 to $30 on the Amazon ad.

Date: June 16, 2017 02:42PM

Trotsky
CHN has a very nice feature: coaching changes going back to the beginning of the NC$$ era, 1948.

You too can now win a bar bet: who was the coach who replaced God when he left RPI for Cornell?

Answer: Rube Bjorkman. The fuck is Rube Bjorkman?

Snarl! Mr. Carpetbagger himself.

Date: June 16, 2017 03:48PM

RichH
I also noted on the UND team page on CHN that the old Sioux jerseys are marked down from $160 to $30 on the Amazon ad.

I'm shocked it's not the other way. Not only because it's a GREAT sweater, but for the general Middle Finger attitude of the Sioux fanbase.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: June 16, 2017 05:09PM

Trotsky
RichH

I'm shocked it's not the other way. Not only because it's a GREAT sweater, but for the general Middle Finger attitude of the Sioux fanbase.

Plus the inevitable "collector's item" caché.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: June 20, 2017 10:36AM

Andrew Tavener has transfered from Q to ASU.

Date: June 21, 2017 07:52PM

Posted by: CU2007 (160.254.20.---)
Date: June 22, 2017 01:56PM

Date: June 22, 2017 03:44PM

IMHO, Rodriguez is the only one of those four who will be a loss, and he hardly produced in two years. Incoming freshman Linden Marshall on paper is better than Hackett, and the other two (McBain and Rappaport) did not play at all.

As to Nanne, the injuries severely limited him, and he probably decided that he would be better off as a small-e engineer than being forever compared to his grandfather.

Melanson's departure after getting a degree in the three years was set in motion by disagreement as to how he was used by Seth Appert. When he got an offer from BU it must have seemed better than RPI even with a new coach at RPI. I suspect that he will fit in at BU.

Supposedly Bradley Bell has also left. He also had trouble finding a place in the lineup, either as a defenseman or a forward.

Without a Peer post on RPI's team next season. BTW, it looks like Tom won't be posting his Know Your Enemy articles this offseason.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2017 03:47PM by ursusminor.

Date: June 23, 2017 09:43AM

Is Hackett just academic issues? We seem to have dodged a bullet, there.

Date: June 23, 2017 03:47PM

Trotsky

It hasn't been revealed, but reading between the lines, it doesn't appear to have been academic issues.

Date: June 23, 2017 09:44PM

ursusminor
Trotsky

It hasn't been revealed, but reading between the lines, it doesn't appear to have been academic issues.

I agree with both of you. The articles published at the time of the suspension seemed to indicate a disagreement or conflict with Appert.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 25, 2017 11:54AM

USCHO list of all NC$$ draftees.

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 25, 2017 01:51PM

Trotsky
USCHO list of all NC$$ draftees.
Harvard, with two third- and one fourth-round pick, continues to recruit by far the best talent in the ECAC.

Date: June 25, 2017 04:17PM

I guess news about opponents' women's teams also belongs here.
RPI fired John Burke who has coached the team since the D-3 days. [www.troyrecord.com] The RPI AD stated that he fired Burke now as opposed to earlier since he was busy with the men's hockey coach replacement. As has been said elsewhere, the ability to multitask is apparently not a qualification to be the RPI AD. Also this doesn't explain why he still waited over two months after Dave Smith was named the new men's coach.

Date: June 27, 2017 02:58PM

RPI's third straight women's head coach who had been a men's AC.

Date: July 09, 2017 10:23AM

This article on Ryan Donato brings up an issue that I really hadn't thought about. Scituate’s Ryan Donato waits for his turn.

With the NHL not allowing their players to play for the Olympics this winter, some very good college players may lose some of the season, playing in the Olympics. Since it's right at the end of the regular season, Feb. 9-25, it could have a significant impact on some teams.

We'll have to see who gets selected.

Posted by: dag14 (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: July 09, 2017 12:02PM

Olympic teams train for several months; college players who make the cut would likely take a leave of absence from school for the spring semester, if not the entire year. This obviously isn't true in sports that use pro athletes but it is for other sports. Rebecca Johnston is a good example; she took a leave the first time she made the Canadian team.

Date: July 09, 2017 05:30PM

dag14
Olympic teams train for several months; college players who make the cut would likely take a leave of absence from school for the spring semester, if not the entire year. This obviously isn't true in sports that use pro athletes but it is for other sports. Rebecca Johnston is a good example; she took a leave the first time she made the Canadian team.
Members of the 88-89 NC$$ champion Harvard team took the 87-88 year off to train and play in the Olympics: Lane MacDonald and Allen Bourbeau.

Posted by: CU2007 (160.254.20.---)
Date: September 01, 2017 12:57PM

[www.sbncollegehockey.com]

Brief preview of the ECAC. Not a great write-up by any means, but a decent read for the end of August.

Date: September 01, 2017 06:35PM

CU2007

Brief preview of the ECAC. Not a great write-up by any means, but a decent read for the end of August.

On the same SBN College Hockey / ECAC subsite, a whoopsie for a Clarkson not-ready-for-primetime player.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2017 06:36PM by Trotsky.

Date: September 02, 2017 08:45AM

SLU's Hayton Makes Official His Move to Wisconsin

and the USCHO article.

Here's SLU's news release.

Obviously a major loss for SLU. They have a Junior, Brey. It looks like he started 2 games, losing to Wisc. and winning Canisius, with mop up in 2 others. A current Soph, Mannella, who mopped up 1 game and in-coming Frosh, Gray – Austin, Texas – 5-11, 175 lbs – Goaltender

"Gray joins the Saints goaltending corps after spending last season with the OJHL's Toronto Patriots. In 30 appearances he made 28 starts with 1743:36 minutes played, posted a 15-14-0 record, a 2.99 goals-against average and .914 save percentage. He also had a 2.84 goals against and .917 save percentage in four playoff appearances (1-3-0)."

Posted by: Iceberg (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: September 02, 2017 12:05PM

The funny thing about that is the fact that St. Lawrence has two games in Wisconsin this upcoming season and Hayton would likely be starting against his old team twice.

In any case, I wouldn't be surprised if St. Lawrence were fighting for home ice near the end of the season. Even with Hayton, they haven't exactly been a top-tier team the past few years.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2017 12:08PM by Iceberg.

Date: September 03, 2017 10:55AM

Jim Hyla
SLU's Hayton Makes Official His Move to Wisconsin

and the USCHO article.

Here's SLU's news release.

Obviously a major loss for SLU. They have a Junior, Brey. It looks like he started 2 games, losing to Wisc. and winning Canisius, with mop up in 2 others. A current Soph, Mannella, who mopped up 1 game and in-coming Frosh, Gray – Austin, Texas – 5-11, 175 lbs – Goaltender

"Gray joins the Saints goaltending corps after spending last season with the OJHL's Toronto Patriots. In 30 appearances he made 28 starts with 1743:36 minutes played, posted a 15-14-0 record, a 2.99 goals-against average and .914 save percentage. He also had a 2.84 goals against and .917 save percentage in four playoff appearances (1-3-0)."

Looks at article.

Looks at predictions page.

Mutters expletive.

Pulls up Expression Web.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2017 10:55AM by Trotsky.

Date: September 03, 2017 11:41PM

CU2007

You must be a traditionalist who wants verbs in most sentences -- "Starting with reigning ECAC Champs and Frozen Four participant, the Harvard Crimson." Note writer Nick Beaudoin's status per the story's author bio: broadcast/journalism major at Quinnipiac.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.buffalo.rr.com)
Date: October 07, 2017 05:32PM

I suppose it would be time to revive this topic since other teams have meaningful games this weekend? It's too early to really tell anything yet but Clarkson did take out Penn State yesterday.

Date: October 07, 2017 05:39PM

Last night

Merrimack 1 @ Colgate 2
Penn State 1 @ Clarkson 2
Quinnipiac 1 @ Boston College 1 OT
Union 3 @ Michigan Tech 6
Michigan 3 @ St. Lawrence 1

Date: November 11, 2017 05:04PM

Does anyone know why Colgate plays so many Saturday afternoon games? It could be my imagination but they seem to have more than their share of these.

Peewees have the rink reserved for 7?

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 11, 2017 05:41PM

marty
Does anyone know why Colgate plays so many Saturday afternoon games? It could be my imagination but they seem to have more than their share of these.

This year I see as Saturday afternoon games Niagara, Arizona State (Family Weekend), Dartmouth, and AT Army, all at 4:00 PM. We had Ottawa at 5:00 PM. Could it be that they are sufficiently isolated that ASU needed some extra time to get home?

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 11, 2017 07:49PM

marty

That way the games overlap with dinner, so the students can eat their free pizza at the correct time.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: November 13, 2017 02:59PM

There is no joy in Canton.

Best Comment:

I had a free ticket to last Saturday's game and I am mad at the guy who gave it to me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2017 03:00PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 13, 2017 04:25PM

Trotsky

And the daggers are already out for Morris after, what, one and a third seasons? Pretty impatient considering his past results, if you ask me.

It's taken Casey quite a while to right the ship at Clarkson. The SLUsers would do well to consider Morris the same kind of long-term hire. Whatever one might think of his reputed interpersonal skills or lack thereof, the guy wins. And, if I remember correctly, he knows how to run a clean program.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2017 04:26PM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.wireless.albany.edu)
Date: November 13, 2017 04:51PM

SLU is in a bad place right now. They lost some talent to graduation after last season but I don't think too many people expected them to be swimming in the toilet of the conference. They obviously have some offensive ability but have only won one game (a OOC in Wisconsin...go figure) since their season started in early October.

Date: November 13, 2017 07:23PM

Scersk '97
Trotsky

And the daggers are already out for Morris after, what, one and a third seasons? Pretty impatient considering his past results, if you ask me.
People here commit suicide when we give up a goal and call for Schafer's head after every loss.

People are fucking stupid.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 14, 2017 12:13AM

Iceberg
SLU is in a bad place right now. They lost some talent to graduation after last season but I don't think too many people expected them to be swimming in the toilet of the conference. They obviously have some offensive ability but have only won one game (a OOC in Wisconsin...go figure) since their season started in early October.

Somewhere I also read that they have had quite a few injuries.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 14, 2017 12:31AM

One thing we have in our favor is Colgate. Picked to finish 11th in the league, now Colgate is looking like it will be playing in March. Having a tough travel partner is an asset.

Date: November 14, 2017 07:56AM

Iceberg

Everyone is forgetting they lost the ECAC GOTY, Kyle Hayton. He was not expected to leave and didn't announce till the summer, when SLU couldn't easily replace him.

They currently have the worst GAA and worst SV% in the league. Last year with Hayton they were third in GAA and first in SV%.

Last year they scored 2.81 GPG and GAA was 2.24.

This year they scored 2.00 GPG and GAA is 3.96.

In a nutshell, that's it.

Date: November 14, 2017 10:48AM

In contrast, Colgate's goalie Colton Point is playing out of his mind.

1.16 .962 Cgt So Colton Point
1.32 .942 Cor Fr Matt Galajda
1.58 .945 Clk So Jake Kielly

Fun fact: Google Translate thinks [www.collegehockeystats.net] is written in Maltese.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 10:50AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.ipyx-102276-zyo.zip.zayo.com)
Date: November 14, 2017 12:11PM

Trotsky

Fun fact: Google Translate thinks [www.collegehockeystats.net] is written in Maltese.
wish i'd read this before posting basically the same thing in another thread

Date: November 14, 2017 01:21PM

ugarte
Trotsky

wish i'd read this before posting basically the same thing in another thread
You were smart enough take a screen shot rather than retyping it all. :-)

How did you include that? I didn't realize you could upload your own image here -- or did you upload it someplace else and then just reference the URL of the image?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 01:22PM by Trotsky.

Date: November 14, 2017 01:43PM

Swampy
Iceberg

Somewhere I also read that they have had quite a few injuries.
According to their USCHO thread, they are so short-handed right now they are calling up a guy from their club team.

Date: November 14, 2017 02:29PM

Trotsky
How did you include that? I didn't realize you could upload your own image here -- or did you upload it someplace else and then just reference the URL of the image?
The vertical arrow is how you use an image URL (don't do this for sites that ordinarily don't have much traffic); the horizontal arrow is how you upload an image.

Date: November 14, 2017 02:32PM

ugarte
Trotsky
The vertical arrow is how you use an image URL (don't do this for sites that ordinarily don't have much traffic); the horizontal arrow is how you upload an image.

Got it. Thanks.

ugarte
don't do this for sites that ordinarily don't have much traffic

Beg pardon?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 02:34PM by Trotsky.

Date: November 14, 2017 02:38PM

Trotsky
ugarte

Beg pardon?
It is a resource drain to the other site if you link the image instead of uploading a new version; every time this page loads, it would ping the source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 02:39PM by ugarte.

Date: November 14, 2017 03:45PM

ugarte
Trotsky
ugarte

Beg pardon?
It is a resource drain to the other site if you link the image instead of uploading a new version; every time this page loads, it would ping the source.
Oh. Thank you.

Date: November 17, 2017 05:16PM

Some OOC games that could be of significance down the road--Harvard in Minnesota for 2 games and RPI hosting Notre Dame for 2 games. So far, the ECAC (for the most part) has done decently in OOC games and many more will happen within the next month.

Date: November 17, 2017 05:55PM

Iceberg
Some OOC games that could be of significance down the road--Harvard in Minnesota for 2 games and RPI hosting Notre Dame for 2 games. So far, the ECAC (for the most part) has done decently in OOC games and many more will happen within the next month.

I'm not expecting miracles in Troy. But RPI does look better with Smith at the helm. It would be fun to see them pull an upset - they don't have the talent to win a fight with the Irish.

I hope I'm wrong. It will be fun people watching those with ND jerseys in either case.

Date: November 17, 2017 07:53PM

Notre Dame up 2-0 after 1 against RPI.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-146.myvzw.com)
Date: November 17, 2017 08:35PM

Trotsky
Notre Dame up 2-0 after 1 against RPI.

RPI is fighting like Irish but guns are empty and ND has a great D. PK is near perfect. Engineers did kill a major 15 sec into the 2nd and minor with 4 left in 2nd but that's it.

Still 2-0 after 2.

Date: November 17, 2017 09:28PM

And Minnesota is up 3-0 in the 2nd, so there goes the "help" for today.

Date: November 17, 2017 09:38PM

Iceberg
And Minnesota is up 3-0 in the 2nd, so there goes the "help" for today.
ECAC page messing with us again. It initially had the score as 2-0 Harvard, then "updated" it to 4-0 Minny. Maybe Donato had another tantrum and they assessed his team -2 goals.

Date: November 18, 2017 10:08AM

Tonight's second half of the Hahvahd @ Minnesota double will be on TV, on Fox Sports North "Plus" (as was last night's, apparently). No idea how to get that channel; it certainly isn't in our FiOS package.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: November 18, 2017 10:23AM

Beeeej
Tonight's second half of the Hahvahd @ Minnesota double will be on TV, on Fox Sports North "Plus" (as was last night's, apparently). No idea how to get that channel; it certainly isn't in our FiOS package.

Fox Sports Go app lists this game along with a replay today at 2 of what I assume was yesterday's game. Android Playstore rating for this app is poor.

You need a valid cable sign-in to access the video content.

While downloading this on Android do not update the CHNews app without a backup of the prior version. I had all sorts of forced close issues with the 320 version yesterday. Reverted to 315 late last night.

Date: November 18, 2017 10:24AM

marty
Beeeej

Fox Sports Go app lists this game along with a replay today at 2 of what I assume was yesterday's game. Android Playstore rating for this app is poor.

...which presumably means that you need a valid sign-in for a cable package that already includes the channel anyway.

- Steve Worona

Date: November 18, 2017 11:47AM

Beeeej
marty
Beeeej

...which presumably means that you need a valid sign-in for a cable package that already includes the channel anyway.

I'm sure you are right. I pay for extra sports channels including Fox college channels. Last night featured Maine over BU from Orono.

At 2pm FCSP with P for Pacific is showing last night's goofer-sucks replay on my cable package.

Date: November 18, 2017 10:20PM

Sucks is out shot in the 3rd, let's a goal in with 5 minutes left after being up 1-0 for more than half the game and loses in OT on the penalty kill.

They were out shot 49-16 for the game.

Date: November 18, 2017 11:10PM

marty
Sucks is out shot in the 3rd, let's a goal in with 5 minutes left after being up 1-0 for more than half the game and loses in OT on the penalty kill.

They were out shot 49-16 for the game.
Musta thought it was the NCAAs.

Date: November 24, 2017 05:53PM

Harvard on its way to another pseudo-NC$$ loss to BC.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 24, 2017 07:34PM

Trotsky
Harvard on its way to another pseudo-NC$$ loss to BC.
4-4 final. Harvard ties it late and outshoots BC 32-21 at BC.

Date: November 24, 2017 08:04PM

Colgate up 2-1 at Western Michigan but there's still two periods left. And Union/North Dakota starts in about 30 minutes.

Date: November 25, 2017 08:21AM

Clarkson 2-0 RPI
Hvd 4-4 BC
Princeton 4-1 Bemidji
U Mass 2-1 Q
W Mich 5-3 'gate
Miami 6-3 BG
U 4-1 N Dak
Niagara 3-1 AIC
Canisius 4-3 Army
M Tech 5-4 UAH

Date: November 25, 2017 08:38AM

Jim Hyla
W Mich 5-3 'gate

Once again, Colton Point is not invulnerable. I think our home-and-home with Colgate in mid-January is going to be pivotal.

- Steve Worona

Date: November 25, 2017 12:46PM

RPI loses to Maine by 1 on the consolation in Northern Ireland.

Date: November 25, 2017 01:33PM

marty

It was 4-2. There was am ENG.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 25, 2017 05:28PM

ursusminor
marty

It was 4-2. There was am ENG.

And Clarkson beats Providence by the same score. It wasn't that close. PU got the first goal. Clarkson the next 4 and PU got 1 in the third, but got outshot by Clarkson in the third.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 25, 2017 05:31PM

With the win Clarkson ties for first in PWR.bananadribble

Date: November 25, 2017 07:59PM

Jim Hyla

Shhhh! Don't tell Bearlover!!!

Date: November 25, 2017 08:53PM

Yale seemingly about to get shutout at home by UNH while QU is again losing to UMass. A few ECAC teams have played decently OOC but overall it's pretty bad so far.

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 25, 2017 10:55PM

Jim Hyla

And Harvard is 47th!?!?

Also catching my eye: Dartmouth has only played six games so far.

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 26, 2017 12:45AM

marty
Jim Hyla

Shhhh! Don't tell Bearlover!!!
You'll be sad to know that Clarkson is the ECAC team whose success I can tolerate the most. Them and RPI.

Date: December 01, 2017 07:47PM

Dartmouth just gave up 6 goals in Princeton...and that's only during the 1st period.

Date: December 02, 2017 01:45PM

Iceberg
Dartmouth just gave up 6 goals in Princeton...and that's only during the 1st period.
a) Moment of silence for Bob Gaudet.
b) Dartmouth probably did better in periods 2 and 3 by going with six skaters.

Date: December 05, 2017 09:33PM

This will probably need its own thread soon, but the bottom just fell out of an opponent's season. Anyone who thought SLU's struggles couldn't get any worse was mistaken.

[www.collegehockeynews.com]

According to Adam's story, it's more allegations about Mark Morris again.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2017 10:00PM by RichH.

Date: December 06, 2017 07:09AM

RichH
This will probably need its own thread soon, but the bottom just fell out of an opponent's season. Anyone who thought SLU's struggles couldn't get any worse was mistaken.

[www.collegehockeynews.com]

According to Adam's story, it's more allegations about Mark Morris again.

If it is true I wonder if players could sue the university given Morris' prior firing from Clarkson for the same actions? Something something scorpion frog.

Posted by: CU2007 (160.254.108.---)
Date: December 06, 2017 11:48AM

Yikes, going to be tough to recruit with that cloud hanging over the program. Could be lingering impacts for years.

Date: December 06, 2017 02:48PM

CU2007
Yikes, going to be tough to recruit with that cloud hanging over the program. Could be lingering impacts for years.

Easy solution to that...

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

Date: December 06, 2017 06:17PM

Free hockey stream at 7. RPI vs INN.

www.rpitv.org

Date: December 08, 2017 09:33PM

Clarkson beats SLU, goes to 7-0-0 in conference.

Date: December 09, 2017 08:34PM

Trotsky
Clarkson beats SLU, goes to 7-0-0 in conference.

And could be 8-0-0 by the end of tonight.

No other games of major significance. However, it must be noted how badly QU and Dartmouth have been playing so far.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.102.128.104.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: December 09, 2017 08:59PM

And Niagara dropped two to Canisius this weekend.

Page: Previous12 3 4Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login