Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

ILDN

Posted by wakester2468 
ILDN
Posted by: wakester2468 (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: October 21, 2016 07:50PM

Never been much of a fan of the Ivy League Digital Network overs the past few years. One would think that a simple thing like having the video and audio in sync wouldn't be too much to ask. Watching the game with the audio being seven seconds behind makes it almost unwatchable. Not having a running clock or replay aren't much to ask for either. Being an exhibition game, I hope that they will correct these problems. Non Ivy schools offer video free of charge. The least they can do is provide a reasonable good quality product.

Re: ILDN
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 21, 2016 08:02PM

They've pulled it in to within about a second now.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: October 21, 2016 09:47PM

I tried to watch on my samsung galaxy tab E, but the stream stopped shortly after it started and i got a message saying it wasn't compatible. I used CHROME as my browser to log into ILDN.
I'll poke around in the support section - but if anyone has any insight, i'll take it.

by the time I joined in (on the macbook), audio/video seemed in synch, but I was listening more than watching.

TIA,
rita

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 21, 2016 10:29PM

Rita
I tried to watch on my samsung galaxy tab E, but the stream stopped shortly after it started and i got a message saying it wasn't compatible. I used CHROME as my browser to log into ILDN.
I'll poke around in the support section - but if anyone has any insight, i'll take it.

by the time I joined in (on the macbook), audio/video seemed in synch, but I was listening more than watching.

TIA,
rita

I tried to watch the recap of the women's game and after a short while received a similar message with Chrome. Then I opened the same clip with Boat Browser and it played to the end. (Android 6.0. 1 on a Nexus 7).

In prior years Chrome streamed ILDN with few issues. I hope we find a compatible browser.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 22, 2016 10:11AM

All the more reason to invest $30-$40 in a Roku streaming player. You don't need the Roku 4 / Roku Premium.

Won't get the audio any more in sync but you'll see a much better picture. If the audio precedes the video by 2 seconds, Jason's rising voice alerts you to look up if you were multitasking.

Re: ILDN - announcers focus on video not audio
Date: October 22, 2016 10:18AM

At some point, the radio announcers should shift to being video announcers, and it's the radio broadcast that rides along.

Date: October 22, 2016 11:24AM

billhoward
At some point, the radio announcers should shift to being video announcers, and it's the radio broadcast that rides along.
No, no, no. I like the announcers staying in radio mode. Much more play by play detail and much less fluff and "personality" garbage.

Whenever I watch a TV crew do a game I long for control of each channel so I can cut the ex-jock color buffoon. Radio largely obviates that by having to stick with a close description of the action, and there are no visits by sprightly young utes and "like movies about gladiators?" prattle.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: October 22, 2016 02:57PM

Trotsky
billhoward
No, no, no. I like the announcers staying in radio mode. Much more play by play detail and much less fluff and "personality" garbage.

What's even better is MLB's postseason internet video, with selectable cameras and sounds-of-the-ballpark. I'd like this for all sports: let me choose which part of the action I see, and no more inane announcers.

Date: October 22, 2016 05:59PM

Kyle Rose
Trotsky
billhoward

What's even better is MLB's postseason internet video, with selectable cameras and sounds-of-the-ballpark. I'd like this for all sports: let me choose which part of the action I see, and no more inane announcers.
Wait, what? wow

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: October 22, 2016 07:13PM

Trotsky
Kyle Rose
Trotsky
billhoward

Wait, what? wow
I don't know if they do this anymore, since I haven't watched postseason coverage in a while. ( :-) ) But the last time I did, postseason.tv was awesome. This year's page does say:

Watch up to 4 alternate angles at once
Choose from up to 10 camera angles for the ALCS
but I don't know if they still have sounds of the ballpark.

Date: October 22, 2016 07:40PM

I don't typically complain about ILDN ("you're sitting in a chair in the sky!" ) but tonight's audio is horrendous. Channels cutting out like a Pink Floyd song and all kinds of weird feedback and line noise. Not their best tech effort.
Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2016 07:44PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-131.myvzw.com)
Date: October 22, 2016 07:46PM

Trotsky
I don't typically complain about ILDN ("you're sitting in a chair in the sky!" ) but tonight's audio is horrendous. Channels cutting out like a Pink Floyd song and all kinds of weird feedback and line noise. Not their best tech effort.

Dark Side of the Puck?

Posted by: ACM (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 22, 2016 07:49PM

Trotsky

You don't like listening to the duck quacking in the background?

Date: October 22, 2016 07:58PM

ACM
Trotsky

You don't like listening to the duck quacking in the background?
I'm thinking he's using Morse code.

Date: October 22, 2016 08:02PM

marty
Trotsky

Dark Side of the Puck?
Careful with that Axe, Freschi

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: October 22, 2016 10:50PM

Trotsky
marty
Trotsky

Dark Side of the Puck?
Careful with that Axe, Freschi

One of These Dias

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: October 22, 2016 10:53PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, and apologies if it has, but the ILDN has a Cornell-specific Twitter feed. Tonight they posted videos of all the Cornell goals in somewhat-relative real time, and a highlight package afterward.

[twitter.com]

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: margolism (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 22, 2016 11:39PM

According to the writeup on cornellbigred.com, there are now only seven members on the hockey team. They all scored tonight in tonight's game against Brock, however:

ITHACA, N.Y. — Matt Buckles scored twice and the six other members of the men's hockey team scored in an 8-1 rout of Brock on Saturday night at Lynah Rink in the Big Red's final exhibition leading into next week's start to the regular season.

They clearly should do some proofreading as the article closed with:

The Big Red plays its final exhibition of the season at 7 p.m. Saturday against Brock University at Lynah Rink before opening the regular season on Friday, Oct. 28 with a non-league game at Merrimack.
Print Friendly Version

Date: October 23, 2016 07:49AM

Just when they finally catch up the audio with the video, the quality of the sound deteriorates. The Inept Ivy League Digital Network (ILDN) really needs to do a thorough examination of what they are doing and how they are ripping off the Lynah Faithful with such an inferior product who can't be at the games and all other IVy League fans who I imagine are suffering with their own broadcasts.

Date: October 23, 2016 09:40AM

wakester2468
Just when they finally catch up the audio with the video, the quality of the sound deteriorates. The Inept Ivy League Digital Network (ILDN) really needs to do a thorough examination of what they are doing and how they are ripping off the Lynah Faithful with such an inferior product who can't be at the games and all other IVy League fans who I imagine are suffering with their own broadcasts.

Can I assume that everyone who came here to complain also took the time to complain to the ILDN and/or to Cornell Athletics? If not, I doubt they'll do a thorough anything.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Bahnstorm (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 23, 2016 11:48AM

I'm not sure of the order of operations here, but the terrestrial radio WHCU broadcast had the same audio issues both nights. I don't know if ILDN is relying on WHCU's feed or the otherway around or if they both are relying on failing/inferior equipment in Lynah. I'd be curious to know how that works as that would help in directing the comments. Either way it is a bit embarrassing and hopefully will get fixed for the regular season.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 23, 2016 11:51AM

Beeeej
wakester2468

Can I assume that everyone who came here to complain also took the time to complain to the ILDN and/or to Cornell Athletics? If not, I doubt they'll do a thorough anything.

As I was leaving the parking lot, I only listened to some of the post-game on WHCU; the audio was so bad that I had to turn it off. The commercials, as has been said, were good. So, maybe it was the stations fault and not ILDN. Sometimes it helps to get all the evidence before we prosecute.

Date: October 23, 2016 02:40PM

Jim Hyla
Beeeej
wakester2468

As I was leaving the parking lot, I only listened to some of the post-game on WHCU; the audio was so bad that I had to turn it off. The commercials, as has been said, were good. So, maybe it was the stations fault and not ILDN. Sometimes it helps to get all the evidence before we prosecute.

Who said anything about "prosecuting"? I'm talking about complaining to the last link in the service chain, the ones from whom we're actually receiving the service. You don't think they're capable of investigating what actually went wrong all on their own? :-)

- Steve Worona

Posted by: KeithK (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 23, 2016 02:51PM

Beeeej
Jim Hyla
Beeeej
wakester2468

Who said anything about "prosecuting"? I'm talking about complaining to the last link in the service chain, the ones from whom we're actually receiving the service. You don't think they're capable of investigating what actually went wrong all on their own? :-)
Regardless of where the issue is, WHCU or ILDN, I don't think it's unreasonable for a paying customer to complain about the quality of the stream that's being provided. If ILDN gets enough complaints they may have incentive to work with the station to fix the issue.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 23, 2016 08:47PM

i never got the game on WHCU but i stopped trying after 7. was there any pregame ?

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 26, 2016 12:39PM

After being frustrated the past few yearws trying to watch ILDN on my supposedly "smart" Samsung TV, I decided to try Roku. I stopped in Best Buy and picked up the ROKU Express for all of $30. Came home and in 5 minutes had it up and running. All I can say is WOW! I checked out the archive of the game against Brock, and it was a totally different experience than before -- crystal clear video with no buffering, and it was easy to fast forward and rewind the action. Assuming WHCU (or whoever is responsible) gets the sound issues resolved, I will be very pleased.

As an added bonus, Roku gives you access to all kinds of programming such as sports, movies, documentaries, tv shows, music (e.g., Pandora) as well as games. Some have subscription fees, but much of it is free. I'll have to look into it further, but it may be time to scale down my Time Warner Cable package and just subscribe to what I really want to see such as Netflix, Amazon Video, etc.

Posted by: bernie (---.dish.com)
Date: October 26, 2016 01:20PM

with sling tv [www.sling.com] , you can get 20 live channels (espn, cnn, tnt, tbs, food network, hgtv, disney, comedy central, bloomberg, history, ...) for $20/mo, no commitment, on a roku, an apple tv, or other devices

directv is launching its own internet-delivered 100-channel package for $35/mo before the end of the year. google, amazon, hulu will not be far behind with their live tv apps

this is the future of live tv

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: October 26, 2016 03:55PM

there is a long way to go before Tv and the internet works for lots of people. There are almost whole counties that cant stream well enough in NY state and we are one of the best connected.

for those who like to change channels to see whats on streaming really sucks.

if you want to have more than 1 tv going streaming has an issue.

if you dont live in a major city streaming has issues

i get where its going, but its gonna get worse before it gets better

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: October 26, 2016 04:09PM

upprdeck
there is a long way to go before Tv and the internet works for lots of people. There are almost whole counties that cant stream well enough in NY state and we are one of the best connected.

for those who like to change channels to see whats on streaming really sucks.

if you want to have more than 1 tv going streaming has an issue.

if you dont live in a major city streaming has issues

i get where its going, but its gonna get worse before it gets better
It's possible that people in those lower density areas will be stuck with bad options at some point. If a sizable majority of folks in high density regions switch to a different model it may force the business plans of providers.

My one comment on your substantive complaints is about channel surfing. I used to do that obsessively. But since I cancelled cable I've rarely missed it. Yes, I don't get to randomly watch part of an old favorite movie or rerun that I stumbled across. But my TV watching is much more 'efficient", since I don't waste a lot of time surfing only to discover that there is, in fact nothing on.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 26, 2016 10:01PM

scoop85
After being frustrated the past few yearws trying to watch ILDN on my supposedly "smart" Samsung TV, I decided to try Roku. I stopped in Best Buy and picked up the ROKU Express for all of $30. Came home and in 5 minutes had it up and running. All I can say is WOW! I checked out the archive of the game against Brock, and it was a totally different experience than before -- crystal clear video with no buffering, and it was easy to fast forward and rewind the action. Assuming WHCU (or whoever is responsible) gets the sound issues resolved, I will be very pleased.

As an added bonus, Roku gives you access to all kinds of programming such as sports, movies, documentaries, tv shows, music (e.g., Pandora) as well as games. Some have subscription fees, but much of it is free.

I also just bought the $30 Roku, based on discussion here. I have not yet tried it with the ILDN, as I will buy a three month subscription just before the first game I need to watch that way, but I expect, based on all I have heard, I'll also be pleased.

I wanted to post to point out that with so many games on ESPN3 this season, the Roku device will be even more useful, as ESPN3 is available through the ESPN channel Roku offers.

Posted by: Dafatone (206.209.9.---)
Date: October 27, 2016 02:02PM

How have people's experiences with Chromecast and ILDN been? I suppose it's just kinda the same as web browser ILDN, right?

I'm trying to decide if I should get a Chromecast or a Roku Express. I'm much, much more broke than a Cornell grad is supposed to be.

Date: October 27, 2016 02:13PM

Dafatone
How have people's experiences with Chromecast and ILDN been? I suppose it's just kinda the same as web browser ILDN, right?

I'm trying to decide if I should get a Chromecast or a Roku Express. I'm much, much more broke than a Cornell grad is supposed to be.

I have used a Chromecast to attempt to watch games in the past. I believe I almost always gave up, and went back to watching on my computer, as there was stuttering, etc, when using the Chromecast.

Date: October 27, 2016 03:44PM

chromecast just uses your wireless network i dont know why it would stutter unless your local computer couldnt handle the transmission from the browser, you could cast from a different device in the house like a phone or ipad.

Posted by: RichH (134.223.230.---)
Date: October 27, 2016 06:12PM

Dafatone

Before this year, Chromecast was my preferred solution. It worked OK with my 2008-era laptop, but it was better with my newer tablet. Before I got the Chromecast, the other option was connecting my laptop to my TV using a HDMI cable + video adapter for video and connecting to a bluetooth speaker, which was a very clunky and annoying solution.

If the Chromecast and Roku costs are nearly equal, I would get the Roku. Think about it this way: with the Chromecast, you still need to employ another device, be it your phone, tablet, or computer. Most likely, you'll have two wireless "hops" (Wifi router --> tablet, tablet --> Chromecast) which is normally fine if everything is working, but maybe sacrifices a tiny bit of quality (this is nothing more than a blind guess). Additionally, you have to load up the ILDN website on a browser, which can be clunky and eat up device/memory speed.

Now with the ILDN app on Roku (or 4th gen AppleTV), you can just go from Router-->Roku (either wired or wireless) and then the Roku is connected directly to the TV, freeing your phone/tablet/PC from the link. I think that's much simpler, not to mention it gives you access to many other streaming services using one remote.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2016 06:14PM by RichH.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-130.myvzw.com)
Date: October 27, 2016 06:40PM

I agree with the two hop wireless theory. Whenever Chromecast gave me trouble last year I had a hard time determining of it was the streaming device stuttering or if it was the Chromecast link. In some cases I would hook my PC directly to the TV to lessen the streaming issues. I think by the end of the season I had given up on using Chromecast.

I'm looking forward to using ROKU this year.

Date: October 27, 2016 06:57PM

marty
I think it's funny that this thread kind of reads like a Roku ad. (I have one myself...)

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2016 09:57AM

I bought the Roku Express yesterday... It works like a charm. But, (a very big but), I find NO CU Hockey on ESPN3... In fact, very little Men's NCAA Hockey, at all.....
I'll be looking around again tonight around gametime....

-Ned Harkness

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2016 09:59AM by redice.

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 28, 2016 11:18AM

bernie
with sling tv [www.sling.com] , you can get 20 live channels (espn, cnn, tnt, tbs, food network, hgtv, disney, comedy central, bloomberg, history, ...) for $20/mo, no commitment, on a roku, an apple tv, or other devices

directv is launching its own internet-delivered 100-channel package for $35/mo before the end of the year. google, amazon, hulu will not be far behind with their live tv apps

this is the future of live tv

I've been thinking about getting a sling subscription. Is there any way to record streams from sling (or any other stream I suppose) to watch later?

Losing DVR functionality would be a large negative for me if I cord-cut.

Posted by: RichH (134.223.116.---)
Date: October 28, 2016 11:47AM

KeithK
marty
I think it's funny that this thread kind of reads like a Roku ad. (I have one myself...)

I have a 3rd gen AppleTV myself and this may be the "killer app" that will get me to upgrade/switch. Of course, the 1st five games are all within a 2-hour drive for me, so I may wait a bit to activate a 4-month ILDN pass.

I still hate that you have to make a phone call to cancel your subscription. If I can sign up online, I should be able to cancel online.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-149.myvzw.com)
Date: October 28, 2016 12:04PM

RichH
KeithK
marty

I have a 3rd gen AppleTV myself and this may be the "killer app" that will get me to upgrade/switch. Of course, the 1st five games are all within a 2-hour drive for me, so I may wait a bit to activate a 4-month ILDN pass.

I still hate that you have to make a phone call to cancel your subscription. If I can sign up online, I should be able to cancel online.

For your convenience your pass will renew. . ..

Date: October 28, 2016 12:37PM

marty
For your convenience your pass will renew. . ..

And having me sit on hold for 10 minutes while I wait for an clearly disinterested intern to pick up is the MOST convenient business model.
for them.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: October 28, 2016 12:55PM

I think I cancelled last year through an online tech support chat.

Date: October 28, 2016 12:59PM

4 months gets you threw the season now since the playoffs dont count. now if you hold off you can get some more bball and then into LAX.

Date: October 28, 2016 01:13PM

upprdeck
4 months gets you threw the season now since the playoffs dont count. now if you hold off you can get some more bball and then into LAX.

That's usually what happens. I subscribe at the first "definitely watching the game tonight" instance and then use the remainder for lacrosse season.

Date: October 28, 2016 04:01PM

RichH
My credit card gives the option of generating virtual card numbers, which generally expire the same month they are generated. Sign up for ILDN using a virtual number and then they won't be able to rebill you automatically. More or less the same as cancelling.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-162.myvzw.com)
Date: October 28, 2016 04:36PM

KeithK
RichH
My credit card gives the option of generating virtual card numbers, which generally expire the same month they are generated. Sign up for ILDN using a virtual number and then they won't be able to rebill you automatically. More or less the same as cancelling.

Yes and then no. I think it was in the fall of 2014 that I had a problem that you could run into with this assumption.

I subscribed for 4 months and was charged for 4 months and then shortly thereafter charged for an entire year. The credit card that I had used the prior year for a one year subscription had been replaced by the cc company. So the auto renewal couldn't happen. That is until I used a new card. Once they had my card number in their computer I was charged the auto renewal for a year in addition to the four months I wanted.

So if it is a one time only number you are safe. If it is a temporary number maybe not. The auto renewal is outrageously annoying.

(They gave me a refund on the year I hadn't wanted.)

Date: October 28, 2016 05:17PM

marty
The auto renewal is outrageously annoying.

(They gave me a refund on the year I hadn't wanted.)

I have also had issues with the auto-renewal and having to argue to get a refund. (In my case it had billed again twice.) I argued that they should be able to tell via their logs that I had not used the account since the end of hockey season. ILDN management dug their heels in until I threatened a credit card chargeback, which was not an empty threat. They did not care that I had been a (three-or four-month) loyal customer for years.

For what it is worth, I am fairly certain that the industry standard requires sending a reminder just before an auto-renewing membership is set to renew. The fact that ILDN does not do that is, at the best, shady, and at the worst possibly in violation of the agreement they have with the credit card companies.

Date: October 28, 2016 07:10PM

that would be a good question to ask a CC company. you really should have the choice of auto or not. isnt this service mostly created for the ivy leagues to show their games so the Ivy league office should make sure its done right..

I am waiting for a firestick option, my roku is in a room that is in use most nights i want to watch hockey

Date: October 31, 2016 07:29PM

KeithK
marty
A good product that does what it claims will get solid recommendations.

Date: November 07, 2016 08:17PM

billhoward
KeithK
marty
A good product that does what it claims will get solid recommendations.

I was watching live hockey on Saturday so only caught glances of Cornell @Sucks on my Android.

Tonight I found the replay of the @ Harvard game on the Watch ESPN App on ROKU. I had to search a bit to find the ESPN3 content and it is now streaming very well.

Date: November 25, 2016 07:26PM

If I am not mistaken, last year the ILDN carried the MSG internal broadcast aired in Madison Square Garden. Does anyone know if that will be the case again this year against UNH?

Date: November 26, 2016 07:46AM

wakester2468
If I am not mistaken, last year the ILDN carried the MSG internal broadcast aired in Madison Square Garden. Does anyone know if that will be the case again this year against UNH?
You are not mistaken. I recall the scoreboard crap during stoppages, and acute embarrassment about the BU ad being so much better than our middle school ad.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 26, 2016 09:28AM

wakester2468

As I posted earlier, the game will be on ILDN.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 27, 2016 07:04PM

Anyone have insight into why the games are no longer archived? I liked being able to reasonably rely on watching games later in the weekend but that's no longer a safe bet as none of the regular season games (home or away) seem to be archived. 7pm is rarely a convenient time to fire up ildn...

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2016 07:35PM

Chris '03
Anyone have insight into why the games are no longer archived? I liked being able to reasonably rely on watching games later in the weekend but that's no longer a safe bet as none of the regular season games (home or away) seem to be archived. 7pm is rarely a convenient time to fire up ildn...

If you click on "schedule" for the current week (or prior week) you should be able to replay the games by clicking "watch live"

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 27, 2016 11:00PM

scoop85
Chris '03

If you click on "schedule" for the current week (or prior week) you should be able to replay the games by clicking "watch live"

Sure enough! Thanks!

Date: November 28, 2016 08:03PM

half the games have been on espn3 too.. you can watch or record them there

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: May 09, 2017 02:00PM

RichH

I got p'o'd enough by this today that I sent a sharply worded email direct to the Ivy League. Wonder of wonders, I got a response.

My email seems to have been forwarded up the chain. So, if I get anything useful out of this contact, I'll let you all know, even if it's only the right person to complain to… who we can then bombard with our complaints about this subscription cancellation "model" until something gets done.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: May 09, 2017 10:18PM

Scersk '97
RichH

I got p'o'd enough by this today that I sent a sharply worded email direct to the Ivy League. Wonder of wonders, I got a response.

My email seems to have been forwarded up the chain. So, if I get anything useful out of this contact, I'll let you all know, even if it's only the right person to complain to… who we can then bombard with our complaints about this subscription cancellation "model" until something gets done.

I think I was able to cancel by using the support chat feature and bugging some random support guy last year.

Of course, I forgot this year and had to pay an extra $35 or something. Still haven't cancelled that yet.

Posted by: LGR14 (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 09, 2017 11:05PM

I got hit with the auto renewal last year and sent them a pretty terse email to the effect of "I forgot to cancel, I don't want 4 more months, I want the refund.See you next hockey season." They got back to me within an hour and I was refunded. They will respond.

Date: May 10, 2017 11:12AM

the big issue i have is the whole 4 month cycle that continues thru a summer of no live events..

Date: May 10, 2017 07:58PM

Thanks for the reminder.

I just called to a) cancel, and b) get back the most recent charge for four months I would not be using.

Not exactly a user-friendly model.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: May 26, 2017 02:57PM

I had forgotten that it was now auto-renew.
Thanks for the heads up!
I emailed their support line.
Got a refund almost immediately.

banana

Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: September 07, 2017 02:47PM

I find that the video shown between periods on Cornell events streamed on the Ivy League Digital Network (Any person . . .) is getting a bit tiresome. I'd like to see us use the short version of Glorious to View occasionally. It's a first-rate production, and features the athletic and extracurricular sides of Cornell, as well as the academic.

Date: September 07, 2017 02:57PM

George64
I find that the video shown between periods on Cornell events streamed on the Ivy League Digital Network (Any person . . .) is getting a bit tiresome.

"Tiresome?" Nah, it's downright embarrassing.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 08, 2017 08:34AM

The same video over and over between periods is no problem if you just walk away. The rotating bear graphics and the word GOAL!!! is so retro-90s that maybe it'll come back into style. I remember how proud Cornell was circa (?) 1990 that it could render and rotate a silver teapot, with all the highlights, in something like one-third real time. It feels as if the bear was done the following year and never updated (or better, put out to pasture).

Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: September 09, 2017 10:06AM

Scersk '97
"Tiresome?" Nah, it's downright embarrassing.

billhoward
The same video over and over between periods is no problem if you just walk away . . .

I agree with Scersk '97, but I was trying to be kind. I can and do walk away, but that doesn't make the video's quality any better. I want to have others, particularly recruits and other prospective students, view Cornell in the best possible light.

Date: September 09, 2017 10:55AM

Even worse than the video is the soundtrack: three seconds of generic aural peeling wallpaper droning on into oblivion.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 09, 2017 08:02PM

Scersk '97
Even worse than the video is the soundtrack: three seconds of generic aural peeling wallpaper droning on into oblivion.
IC should produce all of Cornell's media.

Android?
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: September 10, 2017 10:36PM

Has anyone been able to watch ILDN on an Android tablet? I had major problems with that last season (no app, and the browser version would start buffering and loop the same few seconds over and over).

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: Android?
Date: September 11, 2017 05:50PM

jtwcornell91
Has anyone been able to watch ILDN on an Android tablet? I had major problems with that last season (no app, and the browser version would start buffering and loop the same few seconds over and over).

I often watched on an Android phone with Verizon Wireless as the cell based ISP -often when in RPI's Houston Fieldhouse.

I remember that one of the browsers worked and another did not but I'm not sure that it was Chrome that worked.

I think I was running Lollipop at that time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login