Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Princeton

Posted by ugarte 
Princeton
Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.ipyx-102276-zyo.zip.zayo.com)
Date: February 02, 2016 11:18AM

We will obviously lose this game in OT so I don't know why I'm thinking about going. But I am. So... is it really $17.75 each way to take NJ Transit to Princeton from Penn Station?

Re: Princeton
Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 02, 2016 12:33PM

Dr. Mrs. & I are going.

Date: February 02, 2016 12:58PM

Uh oh, it's SRO. I guess we're not going.

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.ipyx-102276-zyo.zip.zayo.com)
Date: February 02, 2016 01:06PM

it's always sro and there are always seats*

* past performance is no guarantee of future results. this is not legal advice; consult your own counsel on how to proceed.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 02, 2016 03:51PM

Trotsky
Dr. Mrs. & I are going.

Shouldn't it be "Dr. Mrs." rather than "Mrs. Dr."? At least that is how it would be in German.

BTW, what are the flood predictions for later this week for the Potomac where you are?

Date: February 02, 2016 04:57PM

ursusminor
Trotsky
Dr. Mrs. & I are going.

Shouldn't it be "Dr. Mrs." rather than "Mrs. Dr."? At least that is how it would be in German.

BTW, what are the flood predictions for later this week for the Potomac where you are?
It's Dr. Mrs. because she's the Dr., not me.

I assume all of metropolitan Point of Rocks is going to be underwater, including the MARC station. My home is high enough in the hills that if it floods we have way, way bigger problems than my basement.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 02, 2016 11:15PM

Trotsky
ursusminor
Trotsky
Dr. Mrs. & I are going.

It's Dr. Mrs. because she's the Dr., not me.

I assume all of metropolitan Point of Rocks is going to be underwater, including the MARC station. My home is high enough in the hills that if it floods we have way, way bigger problems than my basement.

Well most of us could have figured out she's not you.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 05, 2016 05:38PM

Not wanting to generate a duplicate Princeton thread.......

......hoping I didn't contaminate this one?

whistle

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 06, 2016 06:41PM

Same lineup as last night.

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 06, 2016 06:57PM

Any video tonight (except ILDN)?? Url please..

-Ned Harkness

Date: February 06, 2016 07:44PM

Looks like another busy night for Gillam!?

help

Date: February 06, 2016 07:48PM

Johnny 5
Looks like another busy night for Gillam!?

help
Playing wonderfully this weekend.

Date: February 06, 2016 08:01PM

"A lot of nastiness with the pucks and sticks!!" ~Brown commentator

Wait, what is this,...hockey!!??

banana

Date: February 06, 2016 09:17PM

Clarkson scores 4 in the third to beat RPI. We are 1 point out of 4th.

28 Qpc
21 Hvd
21 Yal
18 Drt
18 RPI
18 SLU
17 Clk
17 Cor
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2016 09:30PM by Trotsky.

Date: February 06, 2016 09:32PM

Does anybody truly appreciate how difficult it is to hold one's breath for an entire third period of hockey??

What a welcome, if not overwhelming win.

LGR!!

rock

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 06, 2016 09:41PM

Johnny 5
Does anybody truly appreciate how difficult it is to hold one's breath for an entire third period of hockey??

Gillam? doh

Date: February 06, 2016 09:50PM

Johnny 5

Sometime you gotta try three periods. The oxygen deprivation explains all you need to know about Cornell fans over 45.

Date: February 06, 2016 09:54PM

Amen.

help

Re: Princeton - CU 1-0
Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 06, 2016 10:49PM

Cornell felt aggressive on the forecheck. Cornell felt like the better team and yet Princeton almost tied us. We sat at the Cornell-attacking first/third end and when Princeton at the other end hit the left pipe loudly with 20 seconds to play, it just about woke sleeping babies 200 feet away. Didn't realize Princeton actually outshot Cornell 32-30 for the game. (Box score) Princeton did a lot of backpassing including clearing its own zone and a missed backpass actually was a shot-against-on-goal.

Once again the game was an (air-quote) "sellout." Traffic into the adjacent garage and surface parking was backed up for about 15 minutes and one of the traffic cops said it was all the hockey game. Had us briefly nervous about getting in but then a Tiger can't change its stripes. Actually a lot of the traffic was a museum fundraiser. As usual, there were a couple hundred available seats you could choose from with your $12 SRO tickets. This is the stands opposite in the third.

Posted by: nshapiro (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 07, 2016 08:47AM

I know that this team is offensively challenged, but I was shocked by the large number of defensive breakdowns and puck giveaways right in front of Gillam. We were very lucky that nobody on Princeton can finish.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 07, 2016 08:55AM

nshapiro
I know that this team is offensively challenged, but I was shocked by the large number of defensive breakdowns and puck giveaways right in front of Gillam. We were very lucky that nobody on Princeton can finish.

Lately, this team seems to be playing to the level of its competition. In my time watching Cornell hockey, I've seen a lot of young teams do that.

For what it's worth, Hilbrich (a senior, of course) was not doing that last night. I thought he had a great game; in particular, there was a drive to the net he made from the corner (in the 3rd, I think) that looked like the "old" Hilbrich.

Augurs well.
Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2016 08:57AM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 07, 2016 09:21AM

nothing hurts this team more than just bad clears under little or no pressure.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: February 07, 2016 11:19AM

upprdeck

Yup. Combine that with the fact that we sometimes can't really coordinate our breakout, and we either turn the puck over for no reason or strand one or two puck carriers behind a forecheck while our forwards rush out of the zone.

But that was a much needed win and a productive 3 point weekend on the road. Unfortunately, since Princeton sucks, we slipped from 14th to a tie for 14th in the Pairwise.

Just gotta keep winning.

Posted by: Robb (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 07, 2016 11:24AM

Dafatone
Unfortunately, since Princeton sucks (and a bunch of other games happened), we slipped from 14th to a tie for 14th in the Pairwise.
fyp.

Just gotta keep winning.
This part never needs fixing!

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 07, 2016 11:24AM

really just no more zero pt weekends. get 3 at home and 2 on the road and a good chance we get backclose to top 10 by playoff time. even 2 ties last weekend probably makes a big difference and we had both of those.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 07, 2016 11:51AM

It's a good thing Harvard, Yale, and Dartmouth are still on the schedule but there's still a lot of hockey left.

Posted by: BearLover (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: February 07, 2016 12:10PM

Iceberg
It's a good thing Harvard, Yale, and Dartmouth are still on the schedule but there's still a lot of hockey left.
Not sure I'd call that a good thing.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 07, 2016 12:18PM

BearLover
Iceberg
Not sure I'd call that a good thing.

So Bearlover, is the glass a quarter full or three-quarters empty?

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 07, 2016 12:25PM

Iceberg

In view of what was said above about playing level, we REALLY need 4 points from the home RPI-Union weekend.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.102.129.41.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: February 07, 2016 01:49PM

Wow. What a disappointing win. We should have handled Princeton easily.

We absolutely couldn't handle their first period forecheck, which caused all of the giveaways. We just looked sloppy and incompetent.

We improved in the second, but as others said, couldn't finish.

If Princeton didn't suck so badly, we would have given up the lead in the third (CLANK!). Fortunately, Princeton didn't pull the goalie soon enough. Otherwise, the way they were playing in the last few minutes, they would have tied it up.

Still not optimistic. A win is a win, but it was a nail-biter that shouldn't have been.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 07, 2016 03:25PM

Dafatone
upprdeck

Yup. Combine that with the fact that we sometimes can't really coordinate our breakout, and we either turn the puck over for no reason or strand one or two puck carriers behind a forecheck while our forwards rush out of the zone.
I want to second this.

Just gotta keep start winning.
And fix this. I barely consider a 1-0 win against Princeton a win after the run we've had.

Posted by: margolism (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 07, 2016 04:42PM

Regardless of how good / bad Princeton is (and how strong our team is), for the past 10 years, playing at Princeton hasn't exactly been a cakewalk. According to TBRW.info, looks like, since 2006, we are 5-5-1, including last night's victory.

I recall a year where we had a really good team and we got crushed at Princeton 5-0. Don't remember when that was but it always stands out in my mind.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 10, 2016 04:38PM

USCHO on last week's games.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login