Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Clarkson

Posted by Swampy 
Clarkson
Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 05, 2015 09:26AM

Possible trap game tonight. Getting up for this after playing SLU will test the boys' maturity as a team.

Re: Clarkson
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2015 09:30AM

Good point. We also tired in the third (again), and we don't have replacements.

At least Clarkson had a very tough game in Hamilton.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2015 11:19AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 05, 2015 10:53AM

I keep reminding myself how young this team is, and we were predicted to suck.
So far, a wonderful surprise!

rock

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: December 05, 2015 08:05PM

Why on earth was the pep band playing "Gonna Fly Now" at the beginning of the second period??

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2015 08:18PM

Beeeej
Why on earth was the pep band playing "Gonna Fly Now" at the beginning of the second period??
Can't count?

Posted by: lhayes (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 05, 2015 08:53PM

Maybe the Clarkson band?

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 05, 2015 09:12PM

Four point weekend! *clap clap clapclapclap*

Posted by: KeithK (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2015 09:33PM

ugarte
Really nice way to go into exams. Rest up guys 'cuz the next one is going to be tough.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2015 09:48PM

ugarte

Not just a four point weekend, but also we break into orange for the first time in two seasons, and the seniors sweep Clarkson at home, a six-game unbeaten streak in conference, and seven games overall.

Posted by: Swampy (131.128.163.---)
Date: December 05, 2015 09:50PM

KeithK
ugarte
Really nice way to go into exams. Rest up guys 'cuz the next one is going to be tough.

I've always wondered about this. Our next game is Dec. 28 agains Providence, with another one the next day against either BC or tOSU. So between now and then:
  • When does the team practice?
  • When do players report before heading down to Florida?
  • How strong are the coaches' requirements for players to practice and stay in shape?
  • Do injured players stay around Ithaca more for treatment?

Posted by: LynahFaithful2015 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2015 11:40PM

Thank god for the Ivy League Digital Network. Not sure how I would get my fix as a graduate.

It hurts to not be standing in section B...

Great game though, I love that we're putting 5 goals on the board.

Posted by: profudge (172.79.32.---)
Date: December 05, 2015 11:52PM

Skate with the Big Red is Friday night the 11th - some skills and fun stuff both Men and Women teams take part - then everyone who wants (lots of kids) go out and skate with the players in a free skate and autograph my shirt session.

Posted by: BearLover (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: December 06, 2015 12:03AM

LynahFaithful2015
Thank god for the Ivy League Digital Network. Not sure how I would get my fix as a graduate.

It hurts to not be standing in section B...

Great game though, I love that we're putting 5 goals on the board.
+1

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2015 12:19AM

Beeeej

It was the Clarkson band.

A few of us used it as an extra opportunity to let the Clarkson goalie know what we thought of his play.

Posted by: RichH (---.mycingular.net)
Date: December 06, 2015 12:25AM

Beeeej

"Gonna Fly Now" or Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll Part 2?" If the latter, the Clarkson band plays it before every period.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2015 12:43AM

What I love? Holden Anderson at forward. Present and dangerous every shift. A real asset up there.

And, you know, if something bad happens at D during a game? We have someone who can slide back in a second.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2015 02:29AM

Scersk '97
What I love? Holden Anderson at forward. Present and dangerous every shift. A real asset up there.

And, you know, if something bad happens at D during a game? We have someone who can slide back in a second.

Completely. I absolutely love this move, as somebody who wasn't a fan of him on D last year.

And since the Kubiak/Angelo/Vanderlaan line re-ignited tonight, let me say that I've loved the emergence of players such as Weidner, Rauter, & Tiitinen. While a lot of players have been hurt, these guys have been logging a lot of minutes and doing things that have made a difference. And, well, Teemu took the anchor spot in the skills contest vs. BU and extended the trophy-awarding game with a great roof shot, and vs. SLU showed he's capable of an awesome power-drive to the net for his goal.

Terrific semester. Let's hope they can keep it going and get us through a tournament we have traditionally struggled coming off the break. I'm just as sad as having to wait another 3 weeks as I am excited that I scheduled my weekend plans around watching hockey. This is fun.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2015 09:27AM

andyw2100
A few of us used it as an extra opportunity to let the Clarkson goalie know what we thought of his play.

Speaking of which, Clarkson is a goalie away from returning to being the team we used to know and fear. There were stretches there last night…

Let's just say it looked like we were playing a mirror image of ourselves. Of course, who else would know how to build that kind of team?

EDIT:

Not that anyone should, but take a look at the ol' Roundtable these days. They're in an uproar, of course. Looks like this place does after a couple of bad results…

Great comment in one of the threads, though. Reminds me what I liked about heading to Clarkson for games:

"Funny thing was, I was standing next to Perry [Lewis is the other goalie] in the library yesterday waiting [for him] to print something [a mechanical engineering lab report, it turns out]. Almost asked him what was up with the goaltending situation, but decided it would be a bit tacky."

Reminds me of a (she assured us) unintentional "run-in" one of our band members had with a Clarkson player's "member's area" at a party after one of the games. She reported that the poor guy never saw it coming but handled the considerable discomfort with humor and class. (Was it J.F. Houle or Dan Murphy? My memory fails me.)

I mean, Steve Wilson was in my Physics 113 section; indeed, he outperformed me on exams, I'll admit, from what I saw. But I rarely if ever saw players hanging around the bowels of Rockefeller, Clark, or Upson like me. (Or Lincoln. Or, for that matter, anywhere at all.)

I suppose they were all up in Warren or Mann. Or at Dunbar's.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2015 10:00AM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2015 09:37AM

RichH

"Gonna Fly Now" or Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll Part 2?" If the latter, the Clarkson band plays it before every period.

It was Gary Glitter, but I figured that's what Beeej meant.

Posted by: tominvb (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2015 10:05AM

Usually my only opportunity to see ther Big Red play hockey is the next tournement. Probably 3 teams in the top ten and one other who are not having the best of years. Ya'll come on down to Dixie, the weather is fine. And we will leave the light on for you.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: December 06, 2015 10:42AM

andyw2100
RichH

It was Gary Glitter, but I figured that's what Beeej meant.

Yah. I'd had a wee dram of Scotch.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login