Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

@Yale

Posted by Jim Hyla 
@Yale
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 20, 2015 06:59AM

So, who's going to throw Snickers? I'm staying home this weekend. Here's to joining everyone else on Chat.

Re: @Yale
Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 20, 2015 09:09PM

0-0 thrillfest. I'll take it though.

Posted by: BearLover (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: November 20, 2015 09:09PM

Not a bad tie on the road against a good team.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 20, 2015 09:15PM

they played well enough to win.. both goalies made good saves. cornell was better on the cycle for the last 40 min, yale still better in spots using their speed. cornell had too many shots from the point that didnt get thru and struggled to create space when they had the puck. but a tie if we follow it up tommorrow would be a good result for a young team

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 20, 2015 09:37PM

Both teams had at least one of the post or crossbar. Fairly even play and we have to hope that the Cornell D gets even better.

Yale was able to move the puck much better last week against RPI, which speaks well for us. And it was an overly confident Bulldog defense man who let a puck through at the point that set up RPI's OT win. Yale was not about that tonight and on the flip side it was nice to see so few penalties.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 20, 2015 10:35PM

I'll take that road point. Now got to win at Bruno tomorrow

Posted by: RichH (107.77.70.---)
Date: November 20, 2015 10:49PM

Anybody hear what happened to Hilbrich? Saw him early, but I don't think he played from at least the 2nd on.

Posted by: KeithK (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 21, 2015 03:15AM

RichH
Anybody hear what happened to Hilbrich? Saw him early, but I don't think he played from at least the 2nd on.
From the radio broadcast he went awkwardly into the boards sometime in the second. After making it back to the bench he went to the locker room with the trainer and I don't think he returned. No furher update during the broadcast.

Considering that we lost another forward to injury this week (Starrett, out 3-4 weeks) and had D-man Anderson playing forward tonight losing yet another forward would really hurt. Hopefully Hilbrich is OK.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 21, 2015 11:11AM

Hillbrich's line had some of our best pressure during the first period, so his absence was notable as the game wore on. The first Yale penalty was for boarding. Since it took place at the far end of the rink, I couldn't tell which of our players was the victim, but if it was Hillbrich, that would explain why he didn't play much the rest of the way. I thought Yale could have been called for a 5-minute major, and was lucky to get off with just a minor penalty.
BTW, I'm not sure what Yale's ticket prices are for most of their games, but the face value for last night's game was $25.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2015 11:30AM by dbilmes.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 21, 2015 11:17AM

dbilmes
Hillbrich's line had some of our best pressure during the first period, so his absence was notable as the game wore on. The first Yale penalty was for boarding. Since it took place at the far end of the week, I couldn't tell which of our players was the victim, but if it was Hillbrich, that would explain why he didn't play much the rest of the way. I thought Yale could have been called for a 5-minute major, and was lucky to get off with just a minor penalty.

I always have trouble seeing all the way to the far end of the week. Sometimes even to tomorrow;-)

BTW, I'm not sure what Yale's ticket prices are for most of their games, but the face value for last night's game was $25.

Perhaps why there were so many empty seats. Yale home games have been largely sellouts in recent years.

Posted by: LGR14 (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: November 21, 2015 11:23AM

Al DeFlorio
dbilmes
Hillbrich's line had some of our best pressure during the first period, so his absence was notable as the game wore on. The first Yale penalty was for boarding. Since it took place at the far end of the week, I couldn't tell which of our players was the victim, but if it was Hillbrich, that would explain why he didn't play much the rest of the way. I thought Yale could have been called for a 5-minute major, and was lucky to get off with just a minor penalty.

I always have trouble seeing all the way to the far end of the week. Sometimes even to tomorrow;-)

Perhaps why there were so many empty seats. Yale home games have been largely sellouts in recent years.

Bigger reason for the empty seats was likely a byproduct of "The Game" -- a few of my Yalie friends (also Cornell fans) decided to forego the hockey game so that they could go to different parties/traditions/whatever

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login