Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Recruits 2016 and Beyond

Posted by Trotsky 
Page: Previous123 4 
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Recruits 2016 and Beyond
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 28, 2017 01:01PM

Trotsky
scoop85
Last night, Matt Galadja stopped 36 of 37 shots as Victoria defeated Powell River 2-1 in double OT to win their series 4 games to 3. Cam Donaldson had an assist on the lone Powell River goal, while Tristan Mullin, Kyle Betts and Matt Cairns were scoreless. Victoria moves on to play Chilliwack in the next round.

In the other series of interest, Penticon defeated Merritt 6-2 in game 7 of that series. Defenseman Joe Leahy did not score for Penticon, while Michael Regush was scoreless for Merritt in his final game there. Penticon will play Vernon in the next series.

The Cornell-bound players have acquitted themselves well in the playoffs, with Galadja really standing out. I've got to believe he'll give Stewart a battle for the starting spot in net next season.
Thank you again for doing these. It is exciting to read up on our future! :)

Agree, I'd never do it myself, but I enjoy it.

Posted by: CAS (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 28, 2017 03:16PM

Thx scoop. LGR!

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 28, 2017 04:13PM

Jim Hyla
Trotsky
scoop85
Last night, Matt Galadja stopped 36 of 37 shots as Victoria defeated Powell River 2-1 in double OT to win their series 4 games to 3. Cam Donaldson had an assist on the lone Powell River goal, while Tristan Mullin, Kyle Betts and Matt Cairns were scoreless. Victoria moves on to play Chilliwack in the next round.

In the other series of interest, Penticon defeated Merritt 6-2 in game 7 of that series. Defenseman Joe Leahy did not score for Penticon, while Michael Regush was scoreless for Merritt in his final game there. Penticon will play Vernon in the next series.

The Cornell-bound players have acquitted themselves well in the playoffs, with Galadja really standing out. I've got to believe he'll give Stewart a battle for the starting spot in net next season.
Thank you again for doing these. It is exciting to read up on our future! :)

Agree, I'd never do it myself, but I enjoy it.

Happy to do it, and glad some folks appreciate the info!

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 28, 2017 04:19PM

scoop85
Happy to do it, and glad some folks appreciate the info!

I wouldn't consider myself much of a fan if recruiting was not of interest. Thank you!

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 28, 2017 07:33PM

Does anybody do anything analogous to the star ratings of football prospects? I've always thought that would be interesting (and only incidentally would help the Predictions! a lot).

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 28, 2017 09:00PM

Trotsky
Does anybody do anything analogous to the star ratings of football prospects? I've always thought that would be interesting (and only incidentally would help the Predictions! a lot).

I found this

Date: March 28, 2017 09:16PM

scoop85
Trotsky

I found this
Wow. This is GREAT!

Date: March 28, 2017 11:07PM

New recruit for 2018, defenseman Sebastian Dirven from the Cornwall Colts of the CCHL. 6'3" kid who played for Canada East in the most recent Junior A Challenge

(edited to include correct link)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2017 07:43AM by scoop85.

Date: March 29, 2017 07:48AM

Turns out Sean Flannigan played for the Cornwall Colts from 2004-06

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 29, 2017 08:56AM

Dirven's EP page. His NZ page.

EP lists him as 6-4 185.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2017 08:57AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 29, 2017 09:30AM

scoop85
Trotsky

I found this

Holy Cow!!! We're 37th!! That's depressing!! Right below AIC & Bentley??

Posted by: CU2007 (160.254.108.---)
Date: March 29, 2017 10:37AM

redice
scoop85
Trotsky

I found this

Its a fun thing to look at in the offseason, but I wouldn't put much stock in it. Its all very subjective and I seriously doubt whoever runs the site has the time or the means to accurately evaluate all these kids. Just look at our own program. Some of our highly-touted recruits haven't panned out while some of the less heralded guys have turned into major contributors over the years.

Date: March 29, 2017 11:46AM

CU2007
redice
scoop85
Trotsky

I found this

Its a fun thing to look at in the offseason, but I wouldn't put much stock in it. Its all very subjective and I seriously doubt whoever runs the site has the time or the means to accurately evaluate all these kids. Just look at our own program. Some of our highly-touted recruits haven't panned out while some of the less heralded guys have turned into major contributors over the years.

Yes, my thoughts as well. FWIW (which may not be much), I think our incoming class would be more highly rated than this past class - and those guys turned out decently.

Date: March 29, 2017 11:46AM

redice
scoop85
Trotsky

I found this

That just reflects that the class was small. The mean stars per recruit is a much better stat IMO; in that we were 18th.

To get a good look at the guts of it would mean plunking down $30 and then sprinting through the past history over one month, or $100 for an annual subscription.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2017 11:49AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 29, 2017 12:38PM

Trotsky
redice
scoop85
Trotsky

I found this

That just reflects that the class was small. The mean stars per recruit is a much better stat IMO; in that we were 18th.

To get a good look at the guts of it would mean plunking down $30 and then sprinting through the past history over one month, or $100 for an annual subscription.

I considered subscribing until it was pointed out to me that Hokydad is the Editor.

Posted by: lgt9292 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 29, 2017 07:56PM

Not worth it, it is not updated and they have little to no info on the recruits. Clarkson is top 10 because they have about 5-6 guys that are in the 2018 class listed as 2017, they even have a few that have not been committed for quite some time. I even checked to see if there was a scouting report for Matt Cairns and I couldn't find a thing and I mean he was a 3rd round pick, I find that a bit off.

Date: March 29, 2017 09:07PM

lgt9292
Not worth it, it is not updated and they have little to no info on the recruits. Clarkson is top 10 because they have about 5-6 guys that are in the 2018 class listed as 2017, they even have a few that have not been committed for quite some time. I even checked to see if there was a scouting report for Matt Cairns and I couldn't find a thing and I mean he was a 3rd round pick, I find that a bit off.
Good to know, thanks.

It's a start on something that could very very valuable, and I hope they stick with it and improve it.

Date: April 02, 2017 12:11PM

BCHL playoff update:

In the 3rd round of the playoffs, Matt Galajda bounced back in a big way after getting pulled in a 7-3 loss in the 1st game against Chilliwack to post a 3-0 shutout in game two last night. Galajda stopped all 39 Chilliwack shots.

Penticon likewise evened its series at 1-1 with Vernon after beating the Vipers 4-2 last evening. Vernon had won game 1 3-2. Joe Leahy had an assist on the 4th Penticon goal midway through the 3rd period.

Game 3 for Penticon will be tomorrow night, while Victoria returns home for game 3 on Tuesday.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: April 02, 2017 03:40PM

scoop85
BCHL playoff update:

In the 3rd round of the playoffs, Matt Galajda bounced back in a big way after getting pulled in a 7-3 loss in the 1st game against Chilliwack to post a 3-0 shutout in game two last night. Galajda stopped all 39 Chilliwack shots.

Penticon likewise evened its series at 1-1 with Vernon after beating the Vipers 4-2 last evening. Vernon had won game 1 3-2. Joe Leahy had an assist on the 4th Penticon goal midway through the 3rd period.

Game 3 for Penticon will be tomorrow night, while Victoria returns home for game 3 on Tuesday.
Being fussy, I must point out that Joe Leahy plays for the Penticton Vees, not the Penticon Vees. [www.pentictonvees.ca] I only noticed the slip because my great-grandfather's brother moved to that region in the 1890's and I've become familiar with some of the names.

Date: April 02, 2017 04:27PM

David Harding
scoop85
BCHL playoff update:

Being fussy, I must point out that Joe Leahy plays for the Penticton Vees, not the Penticon Vees. [www.pentictonvees.ca] I only noticed the slip because my great-grandfather's brother moved to that region in the 1890's and I've become familiar with some of the names.

Thanks for the correction. I read the name the way my brain told me to :-P

Date: April 02, 2017 04:40PM

scoop85
David Harding
scoop85
BCHL playoff update:

Thanks for the correction. I read the name the way my brain told me to :-P
It took me years of practice before "Penticton" flowed from my tongue.

Date: April 04, 2017 09:24AM

Joe Leahy and Penticton defeated Vernon 4-2 last night to take a 2-1 series lead. Leahy was scoreless. Game 3 is tonight in Penticton.

Matt Galajda and Victoria play game 3 of their series with Chilliwack tonight in Victoria.

Date: April 05, 2017 03:16PM

Rough night last evening for Matt Galajda and Victoria as Chilliwack shut them out 6-0. Galajda gave up five goals before being relieved in the 3rd period. Chilliwack's stud forward Jordan Kawaguchi, who's heading to North Dakota, had a hat trick. Chilliwack leads the series 2-1, with the 4th game tonight in Victoria.

Joe Leahy and Penticton were likewise shutout in a 3-0 loss to Vernon. That series is tied 2-2, with game 5 on Friday.

In better news, Galajda was selected this week to the BCHL 2nd team, as was Powell River's Cam Donaldson. As I've noted previously, Donaldson was named the BCHL rookie-of-the-year.

Date: April 07, 2017 07:47AM

A little behind, but on Wednesday Matt Galajda suffered an apparent concussion late in the 1st period of an eventual 4-3 loss to Chilliwack and had to leave the game. He's apparently out for the remainder of the series, which could end as early as tonight with a Chilliwack win.

Joe Leahy and Penticton play Vernon tonight in the pivotal 5th game. The series is tied 2-2.

Date: April 09, 2017 03:15PM

BCHL playoff update:

Victoria (sans the injured Matt Galajda) lost its series to Chilliwack 4 games to 2.

Joe Leahy and his Penticton team are tied with Vernon 3-3. Game 7 is tomorrow night in Penticton. The winner plays Chilliwack for the league title.

Date: April 11, 2017 12:07PM

Last night Joe Leahy and Penticton defeated Vernon 3-1 in game 7 of the BCHL semifinal series. Defenseman Leahy had no points in the game. Penticton now moves on to the BCHL championship series against Chilliwack.

Date: April 18, 2017 09:45AM

Catching up with the BCHL finals, Penticton and Chilliwack are tied 1-1 as the series moves to Penticton tonight for game 3. Penticton defenseman Joe Leahy did not score in the 1st 2 games.

Date: April 20, 2017 07:59AM

Penticton came back from a 3-0 deficit in game 3 to take a 4-3 OT victory over Chilliwack and a commanding 3-1 series lead in the BCHL final. No points in the game for Joe Leahy. Penticton can win the championship with a victory in Chilliwack Saturday. Game 4 highlights are here.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2017 08:02AM by scoop85.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: April 20, 2017 03:24PM

Don't recall seeing this posted, but it seems we may have two goalies coming in next year, Galadja and
[www.lloydminstersource.com]

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: April 20, 2017 03:27PM

jkahn
Don't recall seeing this posted, but it seems we may have two goalies coming in next year, Galadja and

[elf.elynah.com]

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: April 20, 2017 03:28PM

jkahn
Come on, man, try to keep up! ;)

[www.tbrw.info]

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: April 20, 2017 03:32PM

Beeeej
jkahn

[elf.elynah.com]
Poor memory on my part, plus I did a search on McGrath but only went back 30 days since the article I found was dated Mar. 23. Just trying to keep everyone informed, but you all already were.

Date: April 27, 2017 12:11PM

In what must've been quite a series, Joe Leahy and visiting Penticton defeated Chilliwack 1-0 in OT in last night's game 7 to win the "Fred Page Cup" and the BCHL chamionship. Penticton led the series 3-1 before Chilliwack rallied to force a game 7.

Penticton will now host the Western Canada Cup that features the top teams from the BCHL, AJHL, SJHL and MJHL. Both Penticton and Chilliwack will represent the BCHL in that tournament.

Date: May 05, 2017 10:56AM

"There's a Storm coming."

"I know."

Date: May 22, 2017 09:59AM

Incoming forward Brenden Locke and the Cobourg Cougars defeated the Brooks Bandits (Jeff Malott's former team) 3-2 in OT yesterday to win the RBC Cup rewarded to Canada's top Junior A Team. Locke, who was Coburg's leading scorer in the OJHL playoffs, had an assist on the tying goal with just over a minute left in regulation.

Joe Leahy and the Penticon Vees lost in the semifinals to Cobourg 3-1.

Posted by: lgt9292 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 28, 2017 05:48PM

[www.lfpress.com] - Stumbled upon this and it mentions he recently visited Cornell so I figured I would share.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.239.191.68.cl.cstel.com)
Date: May 30, 2017 06:57AM

lgt9292
[www.lfpress.com] - Stumbled upon this and it mentions he recently visited Cornell so I figured I would share.

Thanks, a dollar and a dream.

Date: June 03, 2017 02:33PM

Jim Hyla
lgt9292

Thanks, a dollar and a dream.
Sheesh, official visits at age 15. I'd love to have him join the Steel (Topher Scott's USHL team) and see him play in my neighborhood. Maybe the Steel's winning the Clark Cup will be an allure.

Date: June 20, 2017 10:23PM

Defenseman Travis Mitchell from Muskegon of the USHL has committed to the Big Red. 6'2" and 185 lbs. He doesn't turn 18 until November and has a full season in the top U.S. junior league under his belt. He had 6 points in 38 games, and was a -1 for the season.

I'm assuming he'll be heading to Ithaca in 2018 or possibly the following year.

Here's more info

Date: June 21, 2017 10:32AM

scoop85
Defenseman Travis Mitchell from Muskegon of the USHL has committed to the Big Red. 6'2" and 185 lbs

Elite Prospects has a ways to go on him.

Posted by: ACM (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: June 21, 2017 01:30PM

Date: June 21, 2017 02:22PM

The numbers:
27 F Barron
11 F Betts
16 D Cairns
 7 F Donaldson
35 G Galajda
 6 D Green
 3 D Haiskanen
28 F Locke
32 G McGrath
26 F Mullin

Posted by: ACM (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: June 21, 2017 02:57PM

Trotsky
The numbers:
27 F Barron
11 F Betts
16 D Cairns
 7 F Donaldson
35 G Galajda
 6 D Green
 3 D Haiskanen
28 F Locke
32 G McGrath
26 F Mullin

No Lalor. No Wedman.

Posted by: LGR14 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: June 21, 2017 03:13PM

Nevermind
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2017 03:14PM by LGR14.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 21, 2017 03:25PM

Team sounds fabulous in the release. Three goaltenders?

Date: June 21, 2017 04:52PM

No real surprises, although I wasn't certain if Donaldson was coming this fall or in 2018. Looking at the Freshmen entries on the roster, more academic diversity than usual: Betts is in Engineering, Green is in ILR, Haiskanen and Barron are in Arts & Sciences, Galadja's a Hotelie, McGrath's in HumEc, with Locke, Donaldson, Mullin, and Cairns the only Aggies.

Date: June 21, 2017 05:18PM

scoop85
No real surprises, although I wasn't certain if Donaldson was coming this fall or in 2018. Looking at the Freshmen entries on the roster, more academic diversity than usual: Betts is in Engineering, Green is in ILR, Haiskanen and Barron are in Arts & Sciences, Galadja's a Hotelie, McGrath's in HumEc, with Locke, Donaldson, Mullin, and Cairns the only Aggies.
Does it make you nervous when the students really want to be students? It's also kind of embarrassing when a Collin Greening had something like a 3.95 GPA and he was a standout hockey player, better than most of us in both things.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 21, 2017 07:20PM

billhoward
Does it make you nervous when the students really want to be students?
It makes me hopeful that they'll stay for all 4.

Does anybody (USCHO, etc) try to handicap the freshman classes the way they do in football and basketball?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2017 07:21PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: June 22, 2017 08:37AM

ACM
No Lalor. No Wedman.

Anyone have any insight here? I wonder if Dan Wedman hung up his skates due to injury.

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: June 22, 2017 11:05AM

If you were to look at how they are coded in the university databases, you would see that Cairns, Donaldson, and Locke are students in the SCJ College of Business so one would not be completely off base to say that Mullins is the only "Aggie."

Date: June 22, 2017 11:17AM

dag14
If you were to look at how they are coded in the university databases, you would see that Cairns, Donaldson, and Locke are students in the SCJ College of Business so one would not be completely off base to say that Mullins is the only "Aggie."

I've been wondering if the university was going to list students enrolled in the College of Business by that designation rather then the underlying school or college. I guess for now the answer is no, even though to build the "brand" it would seem to make the most sense. But I imagine the constituent pressures, especially from the Hotelies, precludes that option at least for the time being.

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 22, 2017 06:31PM

pfibiger
ACM
No Lalor. No Wedman.

Anyone have any insight here? I wonder if Dan Wedman hung up his skates due to injury.
There's been some wild (and I assume completely unfounded) speculation about injuries on this forum lately...

Date: June 22, 2017 08:10PM

BearLover
pfibiger
ACM
No Lalor. No Wedman.

There's been some wild (and I assume completely unfounded) speculation about injuries on this forum lately...

Maybe so, but Wedman did miss most of last season due to injury so it's somewhat logical speculation.

Date: June 23, 2017 09:44AM

Lalor was getting playing time there at the end and I liked what I saw. That's a shame, to me.

Date: June 24, 2017 03:32PM

Morgan Barron selected in Round 6 by the Rangers.

Posted by: CU2007 (160.254.108.---)
Date: July 27, 2017 09:10AM

Anyone know if we were in on this local guy?

[www.mytwintiers.com]

Date: September 12, 2017 04:19PM

Date: September 12, 2017 07:09PM

Twins!

Ben (a forward) and Zach (a center) play for Carleton Place of the CCHL

]

]

Date: September 12, 2017 07:18PM

ursusminor

He looks like a promising goaltender

Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: September 12, 2017 10:58PM

scoop85
Twins!

Joining distinguished company:

Doug and Dave Ferguson '67
Bill and Dick Weber '76
Matt and Mark McRae '03
Cam and Chris Abbott '06
Mike and Joe Devin '11

Date: September 13, 2017 10:00AM

This is a good sign. We have needed to revive the twins tradition.

Re: Recruits 2016 and Beyond - twins
Date: September 13, 2017 10:19AM

"Twins, Max! 16 years-old. Can you imagine the mathematical possibilities?"

Posted by: profudge (---.dr05.glvv.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: September 13, 2017 10:36AM

Nate at just turned 18: HEIGHT 188 cm / 6'2" WEIGHT 86 kg / 190 lbs
has good size.

Wishing him good luck this season with the Whitby Fury. And looking forward to his playing with the Big RED.

Posted by: CU2007 (160.254.20.---)
Date: September 13, 2017 10:36AM

scoop85
Twins!

]

]

Haven't heard of that league and the stats aren't notable. Interesting...

Date: September 13, 2017 11:35AM

The CCHL isn't as highly regarded as the USHL or BCHL, but they turn out plenty of good players. Some recent notable alumni of that league: Steve Yzerman, Martin St. Louis (well, those are not so recent), Wayne Simmonds, Grant Clitsome, and Benoit Pouilot

Re: Recruits 2016 and Beyond - twins
Date: September 13, 2017 11:45AM

Speaking of size, here's an artist's conception of the Tupker Twins:

Date: September 13, 2017 11:49AM

scoop85
Grant Clitsome

I wonder if he went forward with this after retirement. (Yes it's SFW what is the matter with you people?)

Date: October 03, 2017 08:38PM

Travis Mitchell and Peter Muzyka both listed as "C" players in the NHL players to watch list:

[nhl.bamcontent.com]

Date: October 26, 2017 09:53PM

New commitment from Max Andreev, a Russian forward for Central Illinois of the USHL. As a rookie he’s among the league-leaders in scoring with 8 points.

Date: October 26, 2017 11:06PM

That needs to happen. The Russian anthem makes me want to run through a wall.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2017 11:06PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: October 27, 2017 10:11AM

this kid gonna be 20 before he gets here?

Posted by: scoop85 (107.17.133.---)
Date: October 27, 2017 11:05AM

upprdeck
this kid gonna be 20 before he gets here?

Only if he’s coming next season, which I would guess is the plan.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 24, 2017 04:15PM

New commit: Ben Berard, forward from Powell River of the BCHL. 19 points in 23 games this season. Will join former teemmates Betts, Cairns, Donaldson, & Mullin in Ithaca.

Date: November 24, 2017 04:36PM

scoop85
New commit: Ben Berard, forward from Powell River of the BCHL. 19 points in 23 games this season. Will join former teemmates Betts, Cairns, Donaldson, & Mullin in Ithaca.

Powell River is the new Nanaimo.

Date: December 06, 2017 02:27PM

Recruit Travis Mitchell named to the USHL top prospects game. And maybe St. Lawrence recruit Martin Pospisil is in play? :-P

Date: December 06, 2017 02:47PM

scoop85
And maybe St. Lawrence recruit Martin Pospisil is in play? :-P
Stupid admission requirements... bang

Date: December 09, 2017 08:30PM

Oakville Blades F Zach Bramwell committed to Cornell:

[pointstreaksites.com]

4th on his team in points, 1st in goals. "Bramwell has had a busy season, playing at the Eastern Canada Cup back in November and earning a spot on Canada East’s training camp roster for the World Junior A Challenge."

Date: December 09, 2017 09:07PM

pfibiger
4th on his team in points, 1st in goals. "Bramwell has had a busy season, playing at the Eastern Canada Cup back in November and earning a spot on Canada East’s training camp roster for the World Junior A Challenge."

Bramwell was joined by Cornell commits Ben and Zach Tupker and Nate McDonald (Ethan Manderville, potential recruit, was invited but couldn't attend) on the Team Canada East tryout roster. It looks like Zach Tupker was the only one to make the team.

Date: December 14, 2017 10:07PM

New commit, Kyle Penney, a 17-year old Canadian forward playing at Kimball Union Academy

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 15, 2017 12:36AM

scoop85
New commit, Kyle Penney, a 17-year old Canadian forward playing at Kimball Union Academy

Since it's incredibly rare for us to get a New England Prep kid, I did some searching. Turns out that one of the assistant coaches there is former standout CU goalie Matt Underhill.

ELite Prospects lists him as a 2019 commit; he's currently a Junior. I wonder how much of a "stretch" this commitment is since last year as a Sophomore his line was an unimpressive 4G 10A 14pts in 38 games (albeit for what must be a stacked team that won the NE prep title)

Date: December 15, 2017 09:46AM

abmarks
scoop85

Since it's incredibly rare for us to get a New England Prep kid, I did some searching. Turns out that one of the assistant coaches there is former standout CU goalie Matt Underhill.

ELite Prospects lists him as a 2019 commit; he's currently a Junior. I wonder how much of a "stretch" this commitment is since last year as a Sophomore his line was an unimpressive 4G 10A 14pts in 38 games (albeit for what must be a stacked team that won the NE prep title)

I'm thinking he's a pretty high-level prospect considering he played a regular varsity shift as a sophomore on the best team in New England last year. I assume after he graduates in 2019 he'll spend at least a year in Junior A, most likely in either the USHL or BCHL, similar to Cam Donaldson who played his prep hockey at The Gunnery School before going to the BCHL.

Date: January 21, 2018 01:53PM

Date: January 21, 2018 02:03PM

Lagerstrom is a high scoring defenseman. He is a C prospect for the draft.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2018 02:09PM by Trotsky.

Page: Previous123 4 
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.