Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Upcoming Season '15-16

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Upcoming Season '15-16
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 02, 2015 12:20PM

Look who'll be skating for Harvard this season.

Ryan Donato | Forward | 6-1 | 181 | Boston, Mass. | Dexter School | Omaha Lancers (USHL)/South Shore Kings (USPHL)
2014 second round draft pick (56 overall) of the Boston Bruins

Graduated from Dexter School … Played at Dexter School, serving as the captain his senior season … Tallied 53 points on 18 goals and 35 assists in 2014-15, leading the team in both categories … Also skated with the Omaha Lancers (USHL) and the South Shore Kings (USPHL Premier) in 2014-15, posting 10 points with each squad … Played with the U.S. National U18 team (USDP) for four games each of the last two seasons … Skated with the Cape Cod Whalers' U16 and U18 teams from 2011-14 … Father, Ted Donato '91, was a part of the Crimson's 1989 NCAA Championship and is entering his 12th season as the head coach of Harvard.

Good cheers anyone?

Re: Upcoming Season '15-16
Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: August 02, 2015 10:21PM

I always threw out a "Nep-o-ti-sm" at Gaudet's kid.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 03, 2015 09:54AM

RichH

Given that Donato is a top-shelf player, I think the Faithful should come up with something else

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: August 03, 2015 09:57AM

scoop85
RichH

Given that Donato is a top-shelf player, I think the Faithful should come up with something else

Yeah, slightly harder to make the nepotism case with a second-round pick.

How's his hairline?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: RichH (134.223.230.---)
Date: August 03, 2015 10:07AM

scoop85
RichH

Right. Because "Safety School" is always used with literal gravitas. Comedy is supposed to be fun.

He may be good enough, but that doesn't mean he's smart enough.

I also submit, going on Beeeej's thought, "Bâby Rogaine."
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2015 10:11AM by RichH.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 03, 2015 12:09PM

RichH
scoop85
RichH

Right. Because "Safety School" is always used with literal gravitas. Comedy is supposed to be fun.

Yeah, that's more like it

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-134.myvzw.com)
Date: August 03, 2015 12:35PM

scoop85
RichH
scoop85
RichH

Yeah, that's more like it

I resemble that remark.

Posted by: LynahFaithful (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: August 06, 2015 12:37PM

Jim Hyla

How do these guys compare to our recruiting class? [www.cornellbigred.com]

On a side note, our recruiting class has many 7 forwards that are considerably smaller (height and weight wise) than what I think is typically recruited by Cornell. Will the emphasis this season be more on puck possession and skating into the offensive zone than Schafer's signature dump and chase?

Date: August 06, 2015 03:10PM

LynahFaithful
Jim Hyla

How do these guys compare to our recruiting class? [www.cornellbigred.com]

On a side note, our recruiting class has many 7 forwards that are considerably smaller (height and weight wise) than what I think is typically recruited by Cornell. Will the emphasis this season be more on puck possession and skating into the offensive zone than Schafer's signature dump and chase?

Ha, "many forwards." It's pretty hard to generalize a group of 5. We have as just as many incoming forwards who are 6'5" as we do under 6'. Schafer has a history of successful "big men," yes, but also has a history of smaller players: Topher, Vesce, Gallagher, Romano, Jillson, Roeszler, etc. And I never pay much attention to the incoming weight stats as it's fairly common for Cornell players to bulk up as soon as they hit the program. (See Bergin, Tony)

Also, "signature dump and chase?" The CU offense changes its style of puck penetration depending on the puckhandling skills on hand, and the relative defensive skill of opponents. To say otherwise is a bit disingenuous. If anything is "signature," it's a defense built from the net outward, and an offense focused on puck-possession.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2015 03:14PM by RichH.

Date: August 07, 2015 01:48PM

RichH

Schafer has a history of successful "big men," yes, but also has a history of smaller players: Topher, Vesce, Gallagher, Romano, Jillson, Roeszler, etc. And I never pay much attention to the incoming weight stats as it's fairly common for Cornell players to bulk up as soon as they hit the program. (See Bergin, Tony)

Very true. However, but from observing the last few years, it's evident that Cornell players have been bigger compared to most, if not all, of their opponents. In fact, it was known that last year's roster was the biggest (tallest) by height and 2nd biggest (heaviest) by weight in all of NCAA Hockey. For 3 of the 7 (2 forwards) to be coming in at 180 lbs or less seems a little out of the ordinary to me but as you mentioned, "it's likely they'll bulk up".

RichH
Also, "signature dump and chase?" The CU offense changes its style of puck penetration depending on the puckhandling skills on hand, and the relative defensive skill of opponents. To say otherwise is a bit disingenuous. If anything is "signature," it's a defense built from the net outward, and an offense focused on puck-possession.

What I said above is a good transition into replying to this, but first I must ask: Are we talking about the same hockey team?

Correct me if I am wrong, but from everything I know, Schafer since being head coach has always promoted a physical, defense-first, and conservative style of play which might not be pure "Dump and Chase" hockey but is a close descendant (Cornell under Schafer has consistently low-scoring games). I agree that defense has historically been built from the net outward, but I certainly would not say "offense is focused on puck-possession". In fact, Cornell hockey alum, Ken Dryden, even criticizes the "Dump and Chase" style of hockey in his book The Game refuting many aspects of Schafer-run Cornell teams who have employed such aspects. From talking to current Cornell players, they note the conservative style of hockey they play here compared to their previous junior level teams and most other NCAA teams who revolve MUCH MORE around puck possession/handling. Referencing what I said above, having bigger players (makes Dump and Chase easier to run and) enables an easier time winning the physical battles, hoping to thrash the defense around in order to create scoring chances rather than intricate passing, skating, and puck handling. This is exactly why, as you noted, "Schafer has a history of successful 'big men'" (especially forwards) to enable a physical play-style.

I am not saying that Cornell hockey plays pure Dump and Chase 100% of the time and doesn't change their puck penetration method based on the opponent, but when it comes to Dump and Chase in college hockey, I would say Cornell certainly employs it more than most. Critics of Cornell hockey (and people advocating for a new hockey coach) criticize Cornell's play-style and it's lack of adaptation in today's world of college hockey because of everything I described above.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: August 07, 2015 04:12PM

My impression is we fall into "dump and chase" only when we are out of sync. The Plan is to keep possession, carry the puck into the zone, and then charge the net, drop pass, or set up on the periphery based on the defensive reaction.

I'll grant we've been out of sync a lot more than usual lately.

I don't think anyone would argue that Schafer's strategy is defense-first and allows for offensive creativity only once the team has the blue line sown up. This used to work great. Now, not so much. The officiating and the quality of the ECAC recruits has changed. I still believe that Mike is Gorbachev, not Yanayev, and the changes we've been seeing the past few years are Glasnost, not the Prague Spring.

Date: August 07, 2015 04:25PM

Trotsky
My impression is we fall into "dump and chase" only when we are out of sync. The Plan is to keep possession, carry the puck into the zone, and then charge the net, drop pass, or set up on the periphery based on the defensive reaction.

I'll grant we've been out of sync a lot more than usual lately.

I'll agree partially. I think that's part of the play-style - it does not require much thought ahead of time and can be easily played, especially with the big guys Cornell recruits. When things get out of sync, it's easy to be physical and play Dump and Chase aiming to get back into sync (as long as penalties and sloppiness don't ensue). From talking with players and reviewing past games it appears, to me at least, that the dump and chase is the default offensive method and depending on the scenario/personnel/instance, certain players can carry it into the offensive zone if they see that as better for scoring.

Date: August 07, 2015 04:25PM

LynahFaithful

What I said above is a good transition into replying to this, but first I must ask: Are we talking about the same hockey team?

Correct me if I am wrong, but from everything I know, Schafer since being head coach has always promoted a physical, defense-first, and conservative style of play which might not be pure "Dump and Chase" hockey but is a close descendant (Cornell under Schafer has consistently low-scoring games). I agree that defense has historically been built from the net outward, but I certainly would not say "offense is focused on puck-possession". In fact, Cornell hockey alum, Ken Dryden, even criticizes the "Dump and Chase" style of hockey in his book The Game refuting many aspects of Schafer-run Cornell teams who have employed such aspects. From talking to current Cornell players, they note the conservative style of hockey they play here compared to their previous junior level teams and most other NCAA teams who revolve MUCH MORE around puck possession/handling. Referencing what I said above, having bigger players (makes Dump and Chase easier to run and) enables an easier time winning the physical battles, hoping to thrash the defense around in order to create scoring chances rather than intricate passing, skating, and puck handling. This is exactly why, as you noted, "Schafer has a history of successful 'big men'" (especially forwards) to enable a physical play-style.

I am not saying that Cornell hockey plays pure Dump and Chase 100% of the time and doesn't change their puck penetration method based on the opponent, but when it comes to Dump and Chase in college hockey, I would say Cornell certainly employs it more than most. Critics of Cornell hockey (and people advocating for a new hockey coach) criticize Cornell's play-style and it's lack of adaptation in today's world of college hockey because of everything I described above.

First, I'll reiterate my point: to say a dump-and-chase is the "signature" strategy of Schafer-run teams is disingenuous. Cornell, for the better part of 15 years, has focused on puck possession as the means to run offenses. I would argue the "signature" strategy of his offense is based on setting up a sustained cycle low in the corners. How that end is achieved varies with the skills of the players on hand. Two seasons ago, the most employed strategy to do this was to "let Brian Ferlin carry it in alone (tm)" because he was simply good at using his body positioning (and size) to protect and move the puck. The most successful and talented lines have had no problem running a skate-and-pass effort. As you correctly mentioned, many forwards at Cornell have employed their superior size and physicality to muscle the puck deep into the offensive corners. But there's simply a number of Cornell players who have lacked the puckhandling skills needed, so they employ the dump and chase to achieve the goal.

Now you mentioned Dryden. I've read The Game, and I assure you that Mike Schafer isn't mentioned. When Dryden discusses teams that dump-and-chase, it was to point out that they simply weren't anywhere close to the skill of his Canadien teams. You dump-and-chase because you can't match up to the skills of the opposing defense. As Cornell's profile and reputation has risen over the years (as well as the caliber of ECAC teams, much to the chagrin of some vocal posters on this forum), they simply have seen a higher quality of opponent. We're playing teams like BU, Denver, and North Dakota more often as opposed to Sacred Hearts and Canisiuses of the OOC landscape. We have been seeing a lot more skillful defenses than in the past. When Cornell is outmatched by other teams, they dump-and-chase more. When they are outmatching opponents, they don't.

I'm willing to entertain criticisms in a couple aspects: 1) Recruiting. Why aren't a higher percentage of excellent puckhandlers finding their way here? 2) Is the Sustained Low Cycle strategy right for this team in this era? It worked great for the 2002-2006 squads, but can we mold a methodology to significantly and sustainably increase scoring in a different way given the players we currently have?

I don't know the answer to either.

Date: August 07, 2015 04:37PM

RichH
LynahFaithful

First, I'll reiterate my point: to say a dump-and-chase is the "signature" strategy of Schafer-run teams is disingenuous. Cornell, for the better part of 15 years, has focused on puck possession as the means to run offenses. I would argue the "signature" strategy of his offense is based on setting up a sustained cycle low in the corners. How that end is achieved varies with the skills of the players on hand. Two seasons ago, the most employed strategy to do this was to "let Brian Ferlin carry it in alone (tm)" because he was simply good at using his body positioning (and size) to protect and move the puck. The most successful and talented lines have had no problem running a skate-and-pass effort. As you correctly mentioned, many forwards at Cornell have employed their superior size and physicality to muscle the puck deep into the offensive corners. But there's simply a number of Cornell players who have lacked the puckhandling skills needed, so they employ the dump and chase to achieve the goal.

Now you mentioned Dryden. I've read The Game, and I assure you that Mike Schafer isn't mentioned. When Dryden discusses teams that dump-and-chase, it was to point out that they simply weren't anywhere close to the skill of his Canadien teams. You dump-and-chase because you can't match up to the skills of the opposing defense. As Cornell's profile and reputation has risen over the years (as well as the caliber of ECAC teams, much to the chagrin of some vocal posters on this forum), they simply have seen a higher quality of opponent. We're playing teams like BU, Denver, and North Dakota more often as opposed to Sacred Hearts and Canisiuses of the OOC landscape. We have been seeing a lot more skillful defenses than in the past. When Cornell is outmatched by other teams, they dump-and-chase more. When they are outmatching opponents, they don't.

I'm willing to entertain criticisms in a couple aspects: 1) Recruiting. Why aren't a higher percentage of excellent puckhandlers finding their way here? 2) Is the Sustained Low Cycle strategy right for this team in this era? It worked great for the 2002-2006 squads, but can we mold a methodology to significantly and sustainably increase scoring in a different way given the players we currently have?

I don't know the answer to either.

Very good points. You made a good point regarding getting the puck into the corners and a couple years ago, this was made possible through Brian Ferlin carrying it in. Analogously last season, Bardreau did a good portion of that. Distinctly, I remember this when Cornell scored the third goal against Harvard last year after Bardreau carried it in.

You concluded with some good questions there that I don't necessarily have answers to either. I would like to point out though that if he has any new methodology in store for this season, the first four games are relatively low on our priority list and they would not be bad for experimenting with. If the experimentation goes wrong, he can go back to what he knows works for the remainder of the season.

Date: August 07, 2015 04:53PM

The first four games are pretty low priority which is nice compared to other recent seasons, I agree. I can see playing around with setting the lines for those games, too. Hopefully those solidify early so the lines aren't still being juggled around in February. So often, the early games take on a higher importance with our limited OOC in respect to having hope for At-Large bid chances. Last season, we had to go on the road for a tough series vs. UNO right out of the gate, who had been playing for nearly a month. Now a home-and-home with Niagara followed immediately by a string of league games may be a good thing.

Good discussion. It helped get my head really thinking about the upcoming season. Ned knows, I have had tons of patience with this team, but I really need to start seeing more scoring...please.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2015 04:57PM by RichH.

Posted by: LynahFaithful (---.mycingular.net)
Date: August 07, 2015 07:34PM

RichH
The first four games are pretty low priority which is nice compared to other recent seasons, I agree. I can see playing around with setting the lines for those games, too. Hopefully those solidify early so the lines aren't still being juggled around in February. So often, the early games take on a higher importance with our limited OOC in respect to having hope for At-Large bid chances. Last season, we had to go on the road for a tough series vs. UNO right out of the gate, who had been playing for nearly a month. Now a home-and-home with Niagara followed immediately by a string of league games may be a good thing.

Good discussion. It helped get my head really thinking about the upcoming season. Ned knows, I have had tons of patience with this team, but I really need to start seeing more scoring...please.

Yes, I agree that recent seasons have been brutal to start out. The first four games should be easy and worst case scenario, one of the four should end in a tie. I think those first four (and the Princeton) games are critical to starting momentum because the Quinnipiac game the following night and the Colgate games are PIVOTAL. Quinnipiac was good last season and will be coming off of playing 7 games including some strong out of conference teams and Colgate will be worse. Disregarding exhibition games, the first game we play against them will be our 5th and their 9th and the level they will be playing at is my biggest fear. Their initial strength of schedule is no joke - Mercyhurst and Northeastern weren't bad last year, then they play two against RIT (who did well in the NCAA tournament), two games against Providence (the reigning champions), a game against Quinnipiac (consistently been a good team in the recent past), and then what I would call an "easier" game against Princeton before taking us on.

You mentioned lines and I think it's critical that lines are established and kept consistent. Last year the injury card (excuse) kept getting pulled and was credited with causing the line scrambling. Not to say injuries are insignificant, but as you mentioned, even in February lines were juggled and the lack of chemistry was evident on both offense and defense.

I have tons of patience with this team too, but I would like to see more scoring as well. I think that if last season we didn't win the Harvard and Yale games at Lynah, one of the Denver games, and the MSG game last year my patience would be wearing EXTREMELY thin. I'm also enjoying this discussion for making me think a lot about next season and the more participation from others, the better!

Schafer's contract expires after next season and it'll be interesting to see how things are at the end and the direction the program goes in if they choose to go with someone else...

Cheers to next season!

Posted by: 06Cowboy13 (192.245.20.---)
Date: September 03, 2015 07:47AM

Does anyone have any insight into the incoming recruiting class? I've been reading good things on Beau Starret and the local boy Angello but just curious anyone's scouting reports and input they have on our 9 freshman? Hoping for a big 2015-2016 season!

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: September 04, 2015 02:07PM

06Cowboy13
Does anyone have any insight into the incoming recruiting class? I've been reading good things on Beau Starret and the local boy Angello but just curious anyone's scouting reports and input they have on our 9 freshman? Hoping for a big 2015-2016 season!
Here is the official Cornell presser:

- - -

Class of 2019 Player Biographies
Anthony Angello
Forward — 6-foot-5, 205 pounds — Manlius, N.Y. — Omaha Lancers (USHL)
Angello was selected by the Pittsburgh Penguins with the 145th pick in the fifth round of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. He returned to the USHL's Omaha Lancers the following season and racked up 19 goals and 16 assists for 35 points in 56 games. He also had two goals and three assists while helping Team USA win the gold medal at the 2014 Junior A World Challenge. Before joining the Lancers, he played for two seasons with the Empire Junior Hockey League's Syracuse Junior Stars, and he was an All-State First Team selection in 2013 after averaging four points per game with Fayetteville-Manlius High School.

Luc Lalor
Forward — 5-foot-10, 165 pounds — St. Albert, Alberta — Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL)
Lalor played parts of three seasons for the Fort McMurray Oil Barons, including 21 games last season in which he posted 15 points in 21 games. He also appeared in 13 games with the USHL's Green Bay Gamblers, notching three assists. In his rookie campaign with the Oil Barons, Lalor led the team in scoring with 30 points in 38 games and was named to the AJHL North Division All-Rookie Team.

Alec McCrea
Defenseman — 6-foot-3, 210 pounds — El Cajon, Calif. — Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)
McCrea was a mainstay for USHL's Waterloo Black Hawks for three seasons. He dressed in 158 regular-season games, putting up 46 points and a plus-18 career rating. He also played in 11 games during the Black Hawks' 2014 trip to the Clark Cup Finals, where they eventually fell in a decisive Game 5 to an Indiana Ice team that included future Big Red teammates Hayden Stewart and Dwyer Tschantz. McCrea will become the program's first player to hail from California.

Matthew Nuttle
Defenseman — 5-foot-11, 180 pounds — Marilla, N.Y. — Sioux Falls Stampede/Bloomington Thunder (USHL)
Nuttle helped the Sioux Falls Stampede win the USHL's Clark Cup last season, providing four assists and a plus-9 rating in 12 playoff games. He had 17 points in the regular season, joining the Stampede after 27 games with the Bloomington Thunder. He was named to the NAHL All-Rookie First Team in 2014 after scoring 31 points in 60 games with the Wenatchee Wild. Originally from the outskirts of Buffalo, he started his junior career with the Buffalo Junior Sabres.

Chad Otterman
Forward — 6-foot-3, 200 pounds — Morristown, N.J. — Philadelphia Flyers (USPHL)
Otterman played last season the USPHL, where he posted 13 points through 32 games with the South Shore Kings and Philadelphia Flyers. He also competed for four seasons with Delbarton School, helping the Green Wave to state championships in 2011 and 2012. He was named first-team all-state and to the New Jersey Devils all-tournament team in 2014. Otterman also had a decorated lacrosse career at Delbarton, where he was an Under Armor All-American and the 2014 MSG Varsity Player of the Year.

Trent Shore
Defenseman — 6-foot-3, 205 pounds — Ajax, Ontario — Cumberland Grads (CCHL)
Shore joins the Big Red after one season in the Central Canada Hockey League, where he notched 15 points in 57 games with the Carleton Place Canadians and the Cumberland Grads — serving as an assistant captain at the latter. He earned a spot on the CCHL All-Scholastic Team, was invited to try out for Team Canada East's entry in the 2015 Junior A World Challenge, and he was selected for the 2015 Central Canada Cup All-Star Challenge. In 2013 and 2014, he played for The Hill Academy, amassing a team-leading plus-92 rating over the two seasons.

Brendan Smith
Defenseman — 6 feet, 190 pounds — Centennial, Colo. — Omaha Lancers (USHL)
Smith played the previous two seasons with the USHL's Omaha Lancers, accumulating 18 points through three goals and 15 assists during the 2014-15 season. He helped the team to a consecutive five shutouts in 2014. He previously played five seasons with the Colorado Thunderbirds AAA, and won a Tier 1 Elite League championship in 2013 when he led the league for goals among defensemen.

Beau Starrett
Forward — 6-foot-5, 223 pounds — Bellingham, Mass. — South Shore Kings (USPHL)
Starrett attended the 2014 NHL Entry Draft combine and was selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the third round with the 88th overall pick. He played for three seasons with the South Shore Kings and the renowned program at Catholic Memorial High School near Boston. He was a USPHL all-star after scoring 47 points in 48 games with the Kings during the 2013-14 season — his first campaign at that level. An injury limited Starrett to just seven games last season. While competing with Catholic Memorial, he was named to the 2013 Boston Globe All-Scholastic Team.

Mitch Vanderlaan
Forward — 5-foot-7, 175 pounds — Hanwell, New Brunswick — Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL)
Vanderlaan spent the last two seasons with the Fort McMurray Oil Barons, where he earned all-rookie honors for the league's North Division with 32 points during the 2013-14 season. He served as an alternate captain during his second season for the Oil Barons, scoring 16 goals and adding 23 assists for 39 points. He represented the AJHL as a member of Team Canada West during the 2014 World Junior A Challenge. Vanderlaan was also presented with the Gas Drive AJHL Scholarship at the conclusion of his final season.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2015 02:07PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: TimV (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 07, 2015 01:50PM

Sure would be nice to see Chad Otterman on the lacrosse team. Yale has had a couple hockey players join lacrosse at the conclusion of hockey season.

And one of Ned's lacrosse teams had Harry Orr.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 14, 2015 07:47AM

Via ECAC the Ithaca Voice article on the freshmen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2015 07:53AM by Jim Hyla.

Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.cupolice.cornell.edu)
Date: September 14, 2015 10:52AM

This upcoming season will see the team play in front of some of the smallest crowds in recent memory. It has more to do with the cost of tickets and the sterile atmosphere of Lynah than it does with the team.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2015 08:00AM by Cop at Lynah.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: September 14, 2015 12:25PM

Cop at Lynah
This upcoming season will see the team play in front of some of the smallest crowds in recent memory.
You never know. Fans may adopt the team as a feisty underdog. Hopefully the upperclassmen are doing their part to indoctrinate the youngins.

Posted by: BearLover (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: September 14, 2015 11:21PM

Cop at Lynah
This upcoming season will see the team play in front of some of the smallest crowds in recent memory.
Yep.

Date: September 16, 2015 08:10AM

Not with us, but I guess everywhere but the Ivies, coaches can supervise practices starting yesterday. Definitely a disadvantage compared to what we can do. Will the Ivies ever change?

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 16, 2015 03:16PM

RPI blog Without a Peer's annual post about Cornell. [www.withoutapeer.com]

I have no connection with WaP except as a reader,

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 16, 2015 10:04PM

Jim Hyla
Not with us, but I guess everywhere but the Ivies, coaches can supervise practices starting yesterday. Definitely a disadvantage compared to what we can do. Will the Ivies ever change?

Hey now, let's not unfairly portray the Ivy League as inflexible. Why, over the last 30 years or so, they've gone from 26 regular-season games all the way up to 29!

Date: September 17, 2015 07:43AM

ursusminor
RPI blog Without a Peer's annual post about Cornell. [www.withoutapeer.com]

Well done and entertaining right up until this bizarre sentence:

Ryan and MacDonald aren't insignificant losses on the blue line

I guess he was going for understatement? drunk
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2015 07:44AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: September 17, 2015 04:46PM

BearLover
Cop at Lynah
Yep.

Eh. When an underachieving team loses significant pieces, I usually see it as a chance to upset expectations. But I tend to be optimistic.

Date: September 19, 2015 01:03PM

TBRW Predictions, 2015-16

01. Qpc
02. Yal
03. SLU
04. Drt
05. Hvd
06. Cgt
07. Cor
08. Uni
09. RPI
10. Clk
11. Brn
12. Prn

Date: September 19, 2015 02:44PM

Trotsky,

You still list last year's players who left early, e.g., RPI's Zalewski and Haggerty, so I don't know whom you included this time. RPI has no one, thankfully, who left early, but Zach Schroeder who was a Senior last year is back this year because he has an redshirt season due to injury.

Date: September 19, 2015 04:25PM

ursusminor
Trotsky,

You still list last year's players who left early, e.g., RPI's Zalewski and Haggerty, so I don't know whom you included this time. RPI has no one, thankfully, who left early, but Zach Schroeder who was a Senior last year is back this year because he has an redshirt season due to injury.

Nah, the link was just wrong. Fixed now: [www.tbrw.info]
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2015 04:29PM by Trotsky.

Date: September 19, 2015 04:39PM

Trotsky
ursusminor
Trotsky,

Nah, the link was just wrong. Fixed now: [www.tbrw.info]

Well, then you don't have Schroeder under "All of last year's significant seniors are assumed non-returning, unless otherwise noted. The seniors from last season returning are:". He did play in most of the games last season. The redshirt year was for 2012-13.

Date: October 02, 2015 07:22AM

Ithaca Voice on CU's upcoming year.

Date: October 09, 2015 06:58AM

Gillam Named To Mike Richter Award Watch List. The Cornell Big Red article and the complete list. Six ECAC teams are listed. The ECAC article.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login