Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

RPI/Union Weekend.

Posted by Jim Hyla 
RPI/Union Weekend.
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 18, 2015 05:30PM

Saturday is Senior Night. Ken Schott posts that:

It appears another Union hockey player will be out of the lineup this weekend for the games at Colgate and Cornell.

Junior forward Theo Di Pauli von Treuheim has a lower-body injury, Union coach Rick Bennett said before Wendesday's practice at Messa Rink.

Di Pauli von Treuheim has played in 10 games this season and has a goal. He played in seven games last season and had two goals and an assist. He suffered an upper-body injury about this time last year, ending his season.

Defensemen Sebastien Gingras and Jeff Taylor (upper-body injuries) are also expected to miss games this weekend.

Here's his prior post on the defensemen being out.

It appears that Union will be without defensemen Jeff Taylor and Sebastien Gingras for its ECAC Hockey games this weekend at Colgate and Cornell.

Union coach Rick Bennett said on the "Union Hockey Coaches Corner" show on WPTR-AM (1240) Tuesday night at Taylor and Gingras are "highly doubtful" with upper-body injuries.

Taylor, a sophomore from Clifton Park, was checked in the head by Yale's John Hayden late in the third period of Friday's game. Taylor missed Saturday's contest against Brown. He is the Dutchmen's third-leading scorer with four goals and 24 assists. He has sat out just two games in his Union career.

Gingras, a junior, missed both games over the weekend. He has three goals and seven assists in 22 games. He was out for several games earlier this season because of illness.

If they are out, the six defensemen that will play are senior Charlie Vasaturo, sophomores Noah Henry and Matt Krug and freshmen JC Brassard, Nick DeSimone and Connor Light.

Re: RPI/Union Weekend.
Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 20, 2015 04:25AM

Ken Schott's radio interview with Tom Fleishman of the Ithaca Journal.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 20, 2015 07:59AM

Brian Sullivan's ECAC picks.

RPI

Meanwhile, the Big Red will have to pass three teams to claim a first-round bye, but are all but assured of playing their first playoff game at home regardless of the round. There isn’t much more analysis worth doing, really… Cornell should not lose this game.

Union

Cornell’s offense is spotty, but Union’s attack can barely say that much. Cornell at home, for the win.

Read more: [www.uscho.com]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 20, 2015 10:28AM

While we have to sweep to keep a shot at 4th alive, I'm not sure that motivation has been the team's problem this season.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 10:30AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: ugarte (24.41.236.---)
Date: February 20, 2015 07:35PM

I can't find a link to rpi audio on their website - the choose a feed option appears to be blank. A little help? Thanks.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 20, 2015 07:46PM

Go to [www.wrpi.org] and click in the upper right corner where you have a choice of stream speeds. Enjoy.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 20, 2015 07:49PM

ugarte
I can't find a link to rpi audio on their website - the choose a feed option appears to be blank. A little help? Thanks.

Good guys in pink and white

Other guys

Date: February 20, 2015 07:51PM

TimV
Go to [www.wrpi.org] and click in the upper right corner where you have a choice of stream speeds. Enjoy.
Yeah I found it but my phone can't seem to play it and god do I feel old.

Date: February 20, 2015 08:00PM

ugarte
TimV
Update: I took my wife's iPad. Problem solved. Other problem possibly created.

Date: February 20, 2015 08:01PM

ugarte
TimV

Try tunein radio or wunderradio apps.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 20, 2015 08:10PM

WHCU seems to be behind in real time. Hm.

Date: February 20, 2015 08:16PM

marty
ugarte
TimV

Try tunein radio or wunderradio apps.
oh great an even older old set the clock on my vcr

Re: RPI/Union Weekend - Cornell RPI 2-2 OT
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2015 10:10PM

Nice that Cornell came from 2-0 down to tie late in the third (both by McCarron), dominate OT, and hit the post in OT. Disappointing that we manage only a tie against a team that was 0-6 coming into Lynah.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 20, 2015 10:23PM

really other than the 30 sec double give away RPI only had about 4-5 good chances. RPI played well for about half the 2nd period. cornell totally dominated the first really deserved more than a 0-0 outcome.. played solid in the 3rd and then for the last 10 min and the OT had multiple chances.. the flurry with the goalie pulled was nice to see the goal as they created so many chances in that last 2 min not scoring would have been a big let down..

tough to do such a good job screeing the goalie and hit him so many times.

Date: February 21, 2015 11:33AM

upprdeck
Give RPI credit for recruiting the right goalie for the job.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 11:33AM by billhoward.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2015 12:50PM

Shame to see 3 minutes of crap play spoil what was essentially a great effort by the team. We outplayed RPI for most of the game.

Other major disappointment was the student section in section E. They made facetimers look good. They spent the entire time between periods (and part of the game, too) texting away on their phones. These little weasels didn't even stand for the Alma Mater.

Now, get off my lawn.

Date: February 21, 2015 01:15PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Shame to see 3 minutes of crap play spoil what was essentially a great effort by the team. We outplayed RPI for most of the game.
Other major disappointment was the student section in section E. They made facetimers look good. They spent the entire time between periods (and part of the game, too) texting away on their phones. These little weasels didn't even stand for the Alma Mater.
Now, get off my lawn.
... where they figure you will be interred sooner than later, gramps. If we had smartphones not Western Union back in the day, we'd be texting, too. If you watched the game and you managed to get a date to go with you, she'd be busy updating her status, assuming the guy she's with counts as status.

Which leads to the question: Has anyone along the sides in Lynah been dinged by a puck while texting? At some point, there'll be an infamous selfie video of the puck whacking the immortalized couple. Viral. I'd lay odds it happens first at Quinnipiac.

Date: February 21, 2015 01:51PM

billhoward
upprdeck

I dare you to say that when Alec Dillon shows up next season. (6'5", 175 lb, with the 175 being generous) :-)

Date: February 21, 2015 02:28PM

ursusminor
billhoward
upprdeck

I dare you to say that when Alec Dillon shows up next season. (6'5", 175 lb, with the 175 being generous) :-)
We can hit three pipes.

Date: February 21, 2015 02:48PM

Jeff Hopkins '82

Now, get off my lawn.

Alma obviously needs to get a facebook page for himself if he expects folks to stand when he arrives.drunk
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 03:54PM by marty.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2015 05:07PM

ursusminor
billhoward
upprdeck

The equipment's so big it doesn't matter (grumbles old man grumble).

Date: February 21, 2015 06:56PM

Trotsky
ursusminor
billhoward
upprdeck

The equipment's so big it doesn't matter (grumbles old man grumble).

That is certainly the truth. It looks truly hilarious with some of the women goalies who are quite small.

Thinking of goalies, it is a bit amusing that RPI has a goalie coming in next season whose name is Kira Bombay. Guess who her grandfather is? Well, actually it is Harry, not Gordon, but he was the source of the character's name and backstory.

Re: RPI/Union Weekend - Cor 2 Union 1
Date: February 21, 2015 09:48PM

Lost the shutout mid-third period owing to some bad penalties against Cornell. Thank goodness for one of our rare SHGs before that.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 21, 2015 10:51PM

billhoward
Jeff Hopkins '82
Now, get off my lawn.
... where they figure you will be interred sooner than later, gramps. If we had smartphones not Western Union back in the day, we'd be texting, too. If you watched the game and you managed to get a date to go with you, she'd be busy updating her status, assuming the guy she's with counts as status.

Which leads to the question: Has anyone along the sides in Lynah been dinged by a puck while texting? At some point, there'll be an infamous selfie video of the puck whacking the immortalized couple. Viral. I'd lay odds it happens first at Quinnipiac.

Hey, no Western Union, no CU, no hockey, no Lynah, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login