Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell 3 @ Harvard 3 (F/OT)

Posted by BMac 
Cornell 3 @ Harvard 3 (F/OT)
Posted by: BMac (---.mycingular.net)
Date: February 14, 2015 07:22PM

Ack. I really thought Bardreau was going to score at the end there. That third H goal sucked. But nice tie all said

Re: Cornell 3 @ Harvard 3 (F/OT)
Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 14, 2015 08:49PM

the one extra goal experiment was nice. got us a tie insteadof 2 losses. lets try it again next week

Posted by: BMac (---.mycingular.net)
Date: February 14, 2015 10:57PM

Ok, am I crazy or are we, for the first time in a long time, frisky? Able to take it to a good team all of a sudden?

Posted by: Robb (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 15, 2015 12:26AM

It would be nice to have beaten Harvard, but coming back 2x to tie in the 3rd period is a good sign. If only we could play with that zip all the time....

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 15, 2015 08:40AM

this team is going to be tough in the first 2 rounds for almost anyone to take out.

Posted by: Robb (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 15, 2015 08:50AM

upprdeck
this team is going to be tough in the first 2 rounds for almost anyone to take out.
I would still feel a whole lot better if we finish above 8th so we can avoid the trip to Hamden.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 15, 2015 10:33AM

Robb
It would be nice to have beaten Harvard, but coming back 2x to tie in the 3rd period is a good sign. If only we could play with that zip all the time....
And not take many penalties, either. The third shot that got past Gillam, bounced off his chest, up, over, backwards and in, that seems unlikely to happen again.

Did you notice the excitement of the Harvard - sorry, ESPN3 - announcer every time their first line got on the ice? Each of them is a serious scorer and Vesey has more goals than our first line, combined.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 15, 2015 11:46AM

billhoward
Did you notice the excitement of the Harvard - sorry, ESPN3 - announcer every time their first line got on the ice? Each of them is a serious scorer and Vesey has more goals than our first line, combined.
If we had a line like that I'd be excited whenever they were on the ice too.

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2015 01:43PM

I know I see was ALWAYS excited, back in the 70's, when Nethery, Treadway, & Kerling came on the ice. In fairness, that was more than a first line. They were very special. That had to be an "oh shit" moment for the other team......

-Ned Harkness

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 15, 2015 02:44PM

BMac
Ok, am I crazy or are we, for the first time in a long time, frisky? Able to take it to a good team all of a sudden?

There have been shades this year (most notably the Union game), but really, since the 1st Colgate game, there's been a lot of good things to watch. The Penalty Kill has been very outstanding (now #2 nationally), and dare I say, even the PP has shown <deep breath> creativity. The stupid penalties are down, and they have been excellent at breaking up opposing odd-man rush opportunities. Obviously, I would prefer they not allow ANY odd-man rushes, but this weekend alone, I can think of three or four potential 2-on-1s that didn't result in a shot.

My one comment at the beginning of the 5-on-3 PP at Dartmouth is that they had to collapse their set instead of hanging at the blue line. And that's exactly what they did, immediately. Ryan's pass to Bardreau at the dot came from inside the top of the circles.

Right now, there's still a lot to be desired from 5x5 play. They generate so few opportunities anywhere near the net. We finally got men ready and charging down the slot in the 3rd at Harvard with Kubiak and Fiegl and look at the results. One off a great centering feed from the corner, and the other ready for the rebound.

I still don't know why Cole felt he had to make that last move to the backhand in OT. Argh. Beautiful setup, though.

Chances are low for the bye now, but with a couple good games, 5-6 is looking good thanks to the tiebreak situation. We win the tiebreaker with Harvard, Colgate, Clarkson (Yale & Union TBD). Lose the tiebreaker with Dartmouth (RPI TBD).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 02:52PM by RichH.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2015 03:18PM

RichH
BMac

There have been shades this year (most notably the Union game), but really, since the 1st Colgate game, there's been a lot of good things to watch. The Penalty Kill has been very outstanding (now #2 nationally), and dare I say, even the PP has shown <deep breath> creativity. The stupid penalties are down, and they have been excellent at breaking up opposing odd-man rush opportunities. Obviously, I would prefer they not allow ANY odd-man rushes, but this weekend alone, I can think of three or four potential 2-on-1s that didn't result in a shot.

My one comment at the beginning of the 5-on-3 PP at Dartmouth is that they had to collapse their set instead of hanging at the blue line. And that's exactly what they did, immediately. Ryan's pass to Bardreau at the dot came from inside the top of the circles.

Right now, there's still a lot to be desired from 5x5 play. They generate so few opportunities anywhere near the net. We finally got men ready and charging down the slot in the 3rd at Harvard with Kubiak and Fiegl and look at the results. One off a great centering feed from the corner, and the other ready for the rebound.

I still don't know why Cole felt he had to make that last move to the backhand in OT. Argh. Beautiful setup, though.

Chances are low for the bye now, but with a couple good games, 5-6 is looking good thanks to the tiebreak situation. We win the tiebreaker with Harvard, Colgate, Clarkson (Yale & Union TBD). Lose the tiebreaker with Dartmouth (RPI TBD).

In general I agree with you,except for the second period of the Dartmouth game. (Should also include Fiegl's late first period penalty.) That seemed to tun the momentum back to Dartmouth, and I can't think of one of them that wasn't stupid.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 15, 2015 06:48PM

I guess Harvard must've scouted Gilliam because they kept targeting his glove hand yesterday (it did work). I wonder if other teams will be doing the same.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 16, 2015 11:02AM

For TimV....

banana

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2015 11:07AM

The body should be Lowry...

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 16, 2015 11:10AM

Trotsky
The body should be Lowry...

Yeah, I thought that.
If he wasn't out for the season he'da been it.

rock

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 16, 2015 03:03PM

Outstanding. Thanks!rockrockrock

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login