Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Union- cornell

Posted by upprdeck 
Union- cornell
Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 16, 2015 09:39PM

5-1.. shocking really.. thought CU played well for large stretches. Never really let union come through center ice into dangerous areas.. The only time Union threatened was in plays from the corner and behind the net where they showed some speed

i think CU scores 1 PP a 2 man PP a shorty an empty netter and a even strength..

the shutout ruined with about 15 secs to go was too bad..

The power play looked like a PP for once.

nice job lets see if the can finish off the weekend and get ready for Harvard.

tough night for the USCHO guy..
missed every game but harvard
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2015 09:42PM by upprdeck.

Re: Union- cornell
Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 16, 2015 10:09PM

I turned on the game late in the third period and actually thought something was wrong with my eyes. Was that really a 5?

As of 10 PM, collegehockeystats.net has not updated the result of this game; the 0-0 score they're showing is entirely too believable.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 16, 2015 10:15PM

Give My Regards
As of 10 PM, collegehockeystats.net has not updated the result of this game; the 0-0 score they're showing is entirely too believable.

The live box was messed up all night. We clearly caused a rift in the space time continuum.

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 16, 2015 10:25PM

Trotsky
Give My Regards

The live box was messed up all night. We clearly caused a rift in the space time continuum.

The CHN live scoreboard was working...

Posted by: unionhockeynews (---.sub-70-209-128.myvzw.com)
Date: January 16, 2015 10:28PM

Impressive performance by Cornell, perhaps the best defensive effort I've seen against Union all season.

Here are Schafer and Gillam's postgame comments: [yourlisten.com]

I also have comments from Union's Rick Bennett and Charlie Vasaturo on my YourListen channel.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 16, 2015 11:04PM

I just finished watching on the DVR and have these observations:

1. Bardreau was magnificent tonight, maybe the best game I've seen him play at Cornell. While he's struggled at times this year, it's great to see him perform like he did tonight.
2. Very impressed with Gillam's calmness and positioning in net. Probably a bit steadier right now than Stewart, but both guys give us a chance to win.
3. Union plays with a lot of skill, but we did a great job minimizing their grade A opportunities. We were able to take advantage of their defense, which appears to be their weak link.
4. Our power play looked poised and moved the puck well. Bardreau's pass through the box to set up the 3rd goal was a beaut.
5. Other guys who I thought had strong games included Yates, Hilbrich, Buckles, and MacDonald. I thought Willcox didn't have his best game.
6. Rick Bennett is a punk.

I don't think we're an upper-echelon team given our lack of true goal scorers, but give us a lead and we can frustrate anybody.

Posted by: toddlose (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2015 08:55PM

scoop85

1. Bardreau was magnificent tonight, maybe the best game I've seen him play at Cornell. While he's struggled at times this year, it's great to see him perform like he did tonight.
2. Very impressed with Gillam's calmness and positioning in net. Probably a bit steadier right now than Stewart, but both guys give us a chance to win.
3. Union plays with a lot of skill, but we did a great job minimizing their grade A opportunities. We were able to take advantage of their defense, which appears to be their weak link.
4. Our power play looked poised and moved the puck well. Bardreau's pass through the box to set up the 3rd goal was a beaut.
5. Other guys who I thought had strong games included Yates, Hilbrich, Buckles, and MacDonald. I thought Willcox didn't have his best game.

I don't think we're an upper-echelon team given our lack of true goal scorers, but give us a lead and we can frustrate anybody.

You are being very kind with your language on #6.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2015 09:37PM

toddlose
scoop85

And he will be fun to listen to tonight in the post game interview.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2015 09:46PM

toddlose
scoop85

Just got back from the RPI game. He was being very kind with his language on the last statement too.:-/

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2015 10:34PM

marty
toddlose
scoop85

And he will be fun to listen to tonight in the post game interview.

I'm disappointed, he doesn't sound pissed off. Bennett

It should be fun at the TU center next week as Union plays RPI in an exhibition. It will be even better if we make up some points on them as we have 3 games in hand vs. RIP and 2 vs. Onion.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2015 11:19PM

marty
It will be even better if we make up some points on them as we have 3 games in hand vs. RIP and 2 vs. Onion.

Though we have games at hand, winning percentage is the great equalizer, and we're 8th in that:

833 Qpc 0-1
727 Hvd 0-0
650 Cgt 0-0
650 Yal 1-0
-------
636 SLU 0-2
545 Clk 2-0
538 RPI 0-1
500 Cor
-------
375 Uni 1-0
350 Drt 0-0
100 Brn 1-0
083 Prn 0-1

Interesting that there is as yet no relationship between our results and the top, middle and bottom thirds of the conference.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2015 11:20PM by Trotsky.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login