Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

TV Coverage vs Union and RPI

Posted by dwakelin 
TV Coverage vs Union and RPI
Posted by: dwakelin (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2015 07:45AM

Does anyone know if the Ivy League Network will pick up the feed for the Cornell vs Union and RPI this weekend? Time Warner is broadcasting both games
but I am not able to get TW in NH. Last weekend I was fortunate to get the St Lawrence and Clarkson feeds directly at no charge which brings me to another subject. If Clarkson, St Lawrence and Colgate and perhaps others provide video coverage for free to their audiences, than why can't Cornell? I suspect it probably is an Ivy League contract that was agreed upon by Ivy schools.

Re: TV Coverage vs Union and RPI
Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: January 13, 2015 01:20PM

the ivy league schools have what, 100 Billion in endowments, and probably net 1-200K in revenue from this project.. does make you wonder.

Date: January 13, 2015 01:23PM

[www.unionathletics.tv] for union $8
[www.rpitv.org] for rpi.. though it doesnt list cornell as having video yet.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-137.myvzw.com)
Date: January 13, 2015 02:11PM

If I remember correctly, there won't be live rpitv.org streaming. When paid TV is present they make the archive available but don't stream. I hope I'm wrong.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.customer.alter.net)
Date: January 13, 2015 03:05PM

upprdeck
the ivy league schools have what, 100 Billion in endowments,
In most cases, you're off by a factor of at least 10.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Still a lot of money relative to streaming revenue, but let's not overstate things.

Date: January 13, 2015 04:01PM

actually i was a bit under as I lumped it all together. about 110 billion combined.. its one contract for all the schools , I would think they could come up with a few hundred K to cover this cost to make it free, work with kids to do the grunt work if need be locally.

these schools have people donating multi millions. Is there not one media person donating who couldnt point the donation at providing sports coverage or any video coverage the school wanted free for 20 years with a big donation .. they would live on for a long time on a 20 million gift .

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 14, 2015 09:42AM

According to the RPI game notes RPI-TV will be streaming the game.

The Engineers continue ECAC Hockey play, welcoming No. 15 Colgate on Friday and Cornell on Saturday. Both games face off at 7 p.m. and can be heard live on WRPI, 91.5 FM, and www.wrpi.org. Saturday’s game versus Cornell, which is Whiteout!, will air live on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel. Both games can be seen live on RPI TV and www.rpitv.org.

Date: January 15, 2015 01:42PM

Let me add that for the last RPI-TV broadcast, two weeks ago vs. Miami, besides for the WRPI audio, RPI-TV synched the Miami audio to its video. I don't know how well that worked or if it will also be done this week for Colgate and Cornell.

Posted by: ScrewBUHarvardtoo (---.mlnet.ie)
Date: January 16, 2015 04:16AM

I've had trouble in the past with Union's online streaming. Before I spend the money on the stream, are there any other links to videos of the game?

Date: January 16, 2015 02:07PM

buy it and send us the link we can all test it for you

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: January 16, 2015 02:44PM

upprdeck
buy it and send us the link we can all test it for you
I know you're joking, but I think there's been something to the effect that Age can actually get in trouble if somebody's trafficking like that on the site.

Date: January 16, 2015 07:00PM

ursusminor
Let me add that for the last RPI-TV broadcast, two weeks ago vs. Miami, besides for the WRPI audio, RPI-TV synched the Miami audio to its video. I don't know how well that worked or if it will also be done this week for Colgate and Cornell.
There is a link on today's stream in the upper left for Colgate audio, so I assume they will do it also for Cornell tomorrow.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 17, 2015 08:07AM

ursusminor

The Engineers continue ECAC Hockey play, welcoming No. 15 Colgate on Friday and Cornell on Saturday. Both games face off at 7 p.m. and can be heard live on WRPI, 91.5 FM, and www.wrpi.org. Saturday’s game versus Cornell, which is Whiteout!, will air live on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel. Both games can be seen live on RPI TV and www.rpitv.org.

Here's hoping, 'cuz TWC Rochester is listing tonight's game as Bentley vs Canisius.

thud

Date: January 17, 2015 03:04PM

Johnny 5
ursusminor

Here's hoping, 'cuz TWC Rochester is listing tonight's game as Bentley vs Canisius.

thud

According to Rhamilton, a former RPI-TV officer who still has connections to RPI-TV, both TWC (Albany) and RPI-TV will do the broadcast. Also, here is a post from a Colgate fan confirming the dual audio yesterday.

OTOH there are posts in that thread stating that the RPI band is notable by its absence. It sure will be unpleasant for RPI fans when the only band will apparently be Cornell's. pissed Some student organizations are more dedicated than others.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2015 03:05PM by ursusminor.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2015 04:21PM

ursusminor
Johnny 5
ursusminor

thud

According to Rhamilton, a former RPI-TV officer who still has connections to RPI-TV, both TWC (Albany) and RPI-TV will do the broadcast. Also, here is a post from a Colgate fan confirming the dual audio yesterday.

OTOH there are posts in that thread stating that the RPI band is notable by its absence. It sure will be unpleasant for RPI fans when the only band will apparently be Cornell's. pissed Some student organizations are more dedicated than others.

With mixed emotions and very mixed whistledementedbolt I wish to point out that RPI's classes don't resume until the 26th.

I am very happy and proud that our band made the trip to Schenectady and Troy. Classes at Cornell begin next Wednesday and kudos to the Pep Band for starting the term a few days early.

Posted by: redice (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 18, 2015 09:07AM

And, what a grumpy bunch of RPI fans....... Some were yelling "shut up" at our pep band for having the audacity to yell "Let's Go Red!!"... One old lady went off on a long tirade scolding them with with the old "how would you like it if we said that to you" line..... Very funny stuff!! I was tempted to yell at her that she should take a "chill pill"....

Sometimes the fqns can be more entertaining than the game.

-Ned Harkness

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 18, 2015 09:37AM

redice
And, what a grumpy bunch of RPI fans....... Some were yelling "shut up" at our pep band for having the audacity to yell "Let's Go Red!!"... One old lady went off on a long tirade scolding them with with the old "how would you like it if we said that to you" line..... Very funny stuff!! I was tempted to yell at her that she should take a "chill pill"....

Things like that happen on the road, and it's best not to escalate. Particularly older townie fans have an expectation of a different environment, and within limits it's polite to tone things down a bit. Most road crowds are sparse and their fans who realize to their horror that they're among the Faithful will relocate during the first intermission.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2015 09:38AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: January 18, 2015 11:36AM

Trotsky
redice

Things like that happen on the road, and it's best not to escalate. Particularly older townie fans have an expectation of a different environment, and within limits it's polite to tone things down a bit. Most road crowds are sparse and their fans who realize to their horror that they're among the Faithful will relocate during the first intermission.

I felt awfully silly being the only one in the arena (that I could hear) to shout "red" during the anthem at Omaha. Folks around me were unimpressed.

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 19, 2015 05:23AM

Trotsky
redice

Oh yes, I usually get along well with fans when on a road trip. It's always fun to meet new people. The only exception to that was the Colgate fan who insist on yelling directly into my wife's ear (with his rather shrill voice). When she becomes annoyed at a hockey game, so do I... I asked the guy nicely to NOT lean forward & yell in my wife's ear. When he presisted, I offered to break his fucking nose. He paid more attention to that & became friendlier. The only problem I've had in almost 50 years of CU Hockey.

-Ned Harkness

Posted by: marty (---.albyny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 19, 2015 07:35AM

redice
Trotsky
redice

Oh yes, I usually get along well with fans when on a road trip. It's always fun to meet new people. The only exception to that was the Colgate fan who insist on yelling directly into my wife's ear (with his rather shrill voice). When she becomes annoyed at a hockey game, so do I... I asked the guy nicely to NOT lean forward & yell in my wife's ear. When he presisted, I offered to break his fucking nose. He paid more attention to that & became friendlier. The only problem I've had in almost 50 years of CU Hockey.

So was this in 2014, 1967 or somewhere in between. I'm guessing 2004.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login