Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Free* Cornell Hockey Stuff

Posted by Josh '99 
Free* Cornell Hockey Stuff
Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 14, 2014 02:23PM

Hi All,

My wife and I are moving apartments in a few weeks, and in the process we're getting rid of some stuff that we don't use or feel like packing and moving. Among these things are some various CU Hockey (and other) memorabilia that folks here might want. All of these are free* to good Cornell hockey fan homes.

Set of almost all game programs from the 2002-03 Frozen Four season
Red Hot Hockey t-shirt from the first edition in 2007, gray, XL, never worn with tags attached
A program from the same game
A program from the 2005 regional in Minneaplis
A program from the 2005 ECAC tournament in Albany
A few assorted issues of the Cornell Lunatic from the late '90s
A program from the 2007 Lacrosse Final Four

All programs are in pretty good but not perfect condition.

Additionally, I have some jerseys that I bought over the years and am considering selling to clear up space and raise some cash. These include some Teagle-bought gameworn jerseys and a few gameworns from Cornell alumni in the pros. Before going the eBay route, I figured I'd see if there were any interested parties here. If you might be, please email me (I'm pretty sure my email is in my profile, if not then PM me) for more info.

Happy holidays,
Josh

* I say "Free*" because if I can't get these things to you in person in/around NYC, I'd appreciate it if you could cover half the shipping costs to your location.

Re: Free* Cornell Hockey Stuff
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 14, 2014 04:43PM

Josh '99
Hi All,

My wife and I are moving apartments in a few weeks, and in the process we're getting rid of some stuff that we don't use or feel like packing and moving. Among these things are some various CU Hockey (and other) memorabilia that folks here might want. All of these are free* to good Cornell hockey fan homes.

Set of almost all game programs from the 2002-03 Frozen Four season
Red Hot Hockey t-shirt from the first edition in 2007, gray, XL, never worn with tags attached
A program from the same game
A program from the 2005 regional in Minneaplis
A program from the 2005 ECAC tournament in Albany
A few assorted issues of the Cornell Lunatic from the late '90s
A program from the 2007 Lacrosse Final Four

All programs are in pretty good but not perfect condition.

Additionally, I have some jerseys that I bought over the years and am considering selling to clear up space and raise some cash. These include some Teagle-bought gameworn jerseys and a few gameworns from Cornell alumni in the pros. Before going the eBay route, I figured I'd see if there were any interested parties here. If you might be, please email me (I'm pretty sure my email is in my profile, if not then PM me) for more info.

Happy holidays,
Josh

* I say "Free*" because if I can't get these things to you in person in/around NYC, I'd appreciate it if you could cover half the shipping costs to your location.

Josh, I'm putting all my stuff together and giving it to the library, they do want it. So for any of the written material I'd be happy to pay to have you send it to me and then to CU lib. Anything they decide not to keep, duplicates, etc can then be given away. My thought, long term mind you, is to have online access for all games with copies of programs and articles. Probably no surprise, I'm starting with the 67-70 seasons.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 14, 2014 06:10PM

Jim Hyla
My thought, long term mind you, is to have online access for all games with copies of programs and articles. Probably no surprise, I'm starting with the 67-70 seasons.

This dovetails nicely with my long term plan to have every box score in a publicly-queryable DB. :)

Posted by: hypotenuse (---.cst.lightpath.net)
Date: December 15, 2014 07:35AM

Agree with idea of donating to the library. Two years ago, I gave them my program from the game at Harvard where the bums put the live chicken inadvertently elenbaas's goal.

Posted by: Bahnstorm (---.library.cornell.edu)
Date: December 15, 2014 12:28PM

The library (University Archives) always appreciates items, photos, films, and ephemera. I've built up the hockey holdings over the years, with help from folks on this forum, [rmc.library.cornell.edu] but, probably because of the greater alumni base, the football collections, [rmc.library.cornell.edu] , have grown the most. Not counting all the other photos and ephemera, we've tracked down over 1000 game films, we sadly lost a bidding war on eBay for another grouping because of budget limitations. If any of you ever notice interesting Cornell athletic items or films that should be in the University Archives don't hesitate to PM me.
Alums are slowly donating to digitize our film collections a few reels at a time and we will eventually have as many as possible availible for online viewing: [media.library.cornell.edu]

If you haven't seen the 150th celebration exhibit, I made sure to include a photo of a hockey ticket line: [rmc.library.cornell.edu]

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 16, 2014 12:40PM

Bahnstorm
The library (University Archives) always appreciates items, photos, films, and ephemera. I've built up the hockey holdings over the years, with help from folks on this forum, [rmc.library.cornell.edu] but, probably because of the greater alumni base, the football collections, [rmc.library.cornell.edu] , have grown the most. Not counting all the other photos and ephemera, we've tracked down over 1000 game films, we sadly lost a bidding war on eBay for another grouping because of budget limitations. If any of you ever notice interesting Cornell athletic items or films that should be in the University Archives don't hesitate to PM me.
Alums are slowly donating to digitize our film collections a few reels at a time and we will eventually have as many as possible availible for online viewing: [media.library.cornell.edu]

If you haven't seen the 150th celebration exhibit, I made sure to include a photo of a hockey ticket line: [rmc.library.cornell.edu]
This is great; I'll be sending the printed matter to Jim, and from him it'll head to the library. For what it's worth, I looked on the CU Library website to see whether they take this sort of donation and wasn't able to find any information about it.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 16, 2014 11:45PM

Josh '99
Bahnstorm

This is great; I'll be sending the printed matter to Jim, and from him it'll head to the library. For what it's worth, I looked on the CU Library website to see whether they take this sort of donation and wasn't able to find any information about it.
Here's the link: [rmc.library.cornell.edu]

Currently, the Archives collects and preserves records of historical, legal, fiscal, and/or administrative value to Cornell University. Holdings include official records and reports of the university, its officers, and component parts; private papers of faculty, students, staff, and alumni; official and student publications; maps and architectural records; audiovisual materials including still photographs and negatives, motion picture film, oral history interviews, and audio and video tapes; and artifacts and ephemera documenting Cornell's history.
The Collection actively solicits materials for consideration and/or contribution. [emphasis in original]
They'd love to have your old photos, diaries, love letters, just about anything. See the web page for contact information.

Posted by: Robb (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 17, 2014 07:55AM

David Harding
Josh '99
Bahnstorm

Here's the link: [rmc.library.cornell.edu]

Currently, the Archives collects and preserves records of historical, legal, fiscal, and/or administrative value to Cornell University. Holdings include official records and reports of the university, its officers, and component parts; private papers of faculty, students, staff, and alumni; official and student publications; maps and architectural records; audiovisual materials including still photographs and negatives, motion picture film, oral history interviews, and audio and video tapes; and artifacts and ephemera documenting Cornell's history.
The Collection actively solicits materials for consideration and/or contribution. [emphasis in original]
They'd love to have your old photos, diaries, love letters, just about anything. See the web page for contact information.
My aunt ('65) happened to see some photos from the library's collection in a recent publication (Cornell Magazine?) about a fashion show of clothes designed by Home Economics students in the 1930s and said, "Hey! That's my mother!" The fashion show was put on for one Elanor Roosevelt who was touring campus, and my grandmother was her personal tour guide for the weekend. My aunt still had the clothes that my grandmother made for the show (including the dress she was wearing in the picture), so she contacted the library to see if they would like the clothes for the collection - they were stoked to get them. So yes, they will take anything!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login