Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Denver @ Cornell #2. 12/6

Posted by flyersgolf 
Denver @ Cornell #2. 12/6
Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 06, 2014 08:03PM

Whomever is directing the cameras tonight seems to be the same moron from the Penn a State game. Camera operators not paying attention to the game and missing action is also a problem. Why?

Denver is playing with much more intensity tonight.

Re: Denver @ Cornell #2. 12/6
Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 06, 2014 10:44PM

wonder why the refs bothered to pretend to review the final goal. this missed the off sides call and the replay cameras dont show the blue line and im not sure cornell has the other ILDN video available for a replay

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 06, 2014 11:00PM

How did Joakim Ryan look?

Date: December 06, 2014 11:02PM

I thought he looked tentative for most of the game. but there were glimpses of puck movement late , some nice work on the PP and a few rushes.. he suffered like the rest of the team in that we couldnt get solid contact on wrist shots from pretty good shooting spots.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 07, 2014 07:39AM

upprdeck
I thought he looked tentative for most of the game. but there were glimpses of puck movement late , some nice work on the PP and a few rushes.. he suffered like the rest of the team in that we couldnt get solid contact on wrist shots from pretty good shooting spots.

I thought everybody looked tentative. Maybe they were worn out from game #1.
Instead of attacking their opponent they stood off and tried to cut off/block passes or shots.
Way too much time allowing Denver to work the puck in our zone.

thud

Date: December 07, 2014 09:02AM

there were many times i think they worried about Denver getting by them and didnt attack the puck soon enough leaving denver with too much space.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 07, 2014 10:18AM

RatushnyFan
How did Joakim Ryan look?

I thought he looked great, especially considering his time off. He had good control of the puck and his skating remains exceptional. He was one of the few who seemed to have control of the puck, while looking for shooting options. He's definitely back, and will have a major impact upon the rest of the season.

I thought that Bardreau had one of his better games. Up till now, I've felt that he's not been up to his expected performance. MacDonald had a very good game, he moved into the offense very well.

I thought the biggest difference between the two games was our lack of hitting and physical play in game two. Whether that was our fault, or that Denver had found a way to counteract it, I'm not sure. Clearly they were the more skilled team. To beat them we needed to slow them down. I felt on Friday we did that and made them think about getting hit. That makes their passing not quite as precise. Their passing on Saturday was excellent. Watch some of the game, they could take a pass and make it stop dead on their stick, ready for the next motion. They are extremely skilled on offense, and I think the best team we've played so far.

edit: Does anyone know why Ryan Coon wasn't dressed this weekend?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2014 10:26AM by Jim Hyla.

Posted by: MattS (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 07, 2014 11:20AM

I agree with Jim. I think Ryan looked very good last night considering his time off. He definitely looked better last night than he did on Friday. Most of his game seemed to come back quickly. His confidence with the puck and his ability to make plays taking it out of the D zone was right back on track. I'm excited to see how his play will be come next year.

The guys did look a bit more tentative last night compared to Friday. And the hitting didn't seem to be there. I thought on Friday CU really used their (by looks I didn't bother to look at the rosters) size to their advantage. I especially thought on Friday they were able to punish the smaller defenceman of DU. Bottom line for me was on Friday CU got a lead after weathering being outplayed for the first ~10 minutes. Where last night they never had a lead and I think that effected their play.

I absolutely love the play of the Freschi, Dias, Fiegl line this weekend. And I'm guessing so did Schafer as they got more and more playing time.

Somehow Schafer needs to get Kubiak & Buckles going. That line was invisible this weekend. I liked the play of Yates earlier in the season but on Friday he wasn't good. Tiitinen was no better last night.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2014 11:21AM by MattS.

Posted by: profudge (---.dsl1.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: December 07, 2014 12:02PM

I agree with most comments, and observe that I think the referee pair for Saturday may have been more willing to call hits after the puck has been released than what we were able to do on Friday and coaches recognized that and had us play accordingly. On Friday a good number of our hits on the fore-check were well (1/2 second or a second) after the Denver player had passed or moved the puck on, and we were not penalized for that.

I felt that Denver really out-hustled us on Sat. and some of the 3rd period on Friday. They are a very good team. Their goal keeping was not as good as ours - but we did not hit the high corners with our shots on Saturday and we did come close in tight a number of times making plays around the net.

There was one stretch in the 3rd period where Denver had the puck in our zone almost constantly for 9 plus minutes. I think Denver is one of the best teams we will see this year.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 07, 2014 01:43PM

Did Hilbrich get his stick back?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 07, 2014 02:02PM

French Rage
Did Hilbrich get his stick back?

If it was he who volunteered his stick for the big bear, then yes they returned it. If you're not referring to the bear toss, I'm not sure what you mean.

Posted by: MattS (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 07, 2014 02:40PM

profudge
I agree with most comments, and observe that I think the referee pair for Saturday may have been more willing to call hits after the puck has been released than what we were able to do on Friday and coaches recognized that and had us play accordingly. On Friday a good number of our hits on the fore-check were well (1/2 second or a second) after the Denver player had passed or moved the puck on, and we were not penalized for that.

At least one of the refs (Whittemore sp?) and one linesman (Brown) were working both nights. I'm not sure about the other two.

Did anyone else think that DU's timing entering the offensive zone was either perfect or the linesmen weren't calling offsides? I thought several times that they were offsides but it didn't get called.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2014 02:42PM by MattS.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 07, 2014 08:17PM

MattS
Did anyone else think that DU's timing entering the offensive zone was either perfect or the linesmen weren't calling offsides? I thought several times that they were offsides but it didn't get called.

I think much of the time their timing was really very good.

On the other hand, I thought we were offside just before our goal. I haven't tried to find a replay, to see if it can be seen or not. Anyone care to comment? Someone else sitting near me at Lynah agreed.

Edit: I did just find the replay, in the highlights posted on the Cornell site along with the results. The entire blue line and the player in question (Lowry) is not visible.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2014 08:27PM by andyw2100.

Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.cupolice.cornell.edu)
Date: December 08, 2014 07:54AM

What was with the ice conditions ? I've never seen so many pucks just get caught up in excess water and pretty much stop, guys slipping and falling all over the place.

Lynah was not up to it's usual standards for sure.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 08, 2014 08:17AM

The giant teddy bear situation from Saturday night was just shown on this morning's Good Morning America on ABC.

[deadspin.com]

Nice.

Unfortunately they included the final score.

dribble

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: December 08, 2014 09:12AM

The denver guy was offside by about a foot.. you cant see the puck on the replay but you can get a sense of when his hands are receiving it. you can also see the reaction of the cornell players as they clearly think it was offsides.. being on the townie side you could see it was offsides, the sad part was the line judge being 10-15 off the line for some reason, but the head ref could clearly see it he was even closer than the line judge.

i wonder what the replay was all about. its not something the goal cam could pick up and they didnt bother looking at the IVY feed, but they talked about it several times, even after they came back out they talked quite ahile.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 13, 2014 06:13AM

Looks like Denver benefited from their conditioning vs Cornell. They knocked off number one North Dakota on Friday 4-1.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login